New Clothing Body Style Converter Beta v0.89f (10-26-2014)

Hello. I've been wanting to try armor conversions for a while now & someone pointed to your thread with its awesome conversion tools. I grabbed the latest portable version but whenever I double-click a bat file all I get is a command prompt box basically just showing me the contents of the bat with Press any key which then closes. Clearly I'm missing something obvious. I tried skimming the first 8 pages but this is up to page 55 now so . . .

Greetings.

Just as a side note :

..." I tried skimming the first 8 pages but this is up to page 55 now so . . .  " ... you will not "waste" your time there , you must read all the topic to be sure you are not gonig to re-create some older "istakes" .

You know, unfortunately Gerra6 isn't there since a few months , and this topic isn't always updated anymore and most of all , in the latest versions of this converter you can see different tools but without any " user's manual "  ... ex : the " wonderfull " pose converter ... do you have any idea on how to use it ?

Probably not , so the answser is there in one of these comments ... without reading this one you will  probably not be able to use it and you 'll really waste your time ... so make your choice .

Please , don't do what i 've done with NifSkope ...i never learn anything about this " God's gift " and seriously i wasted a lot of time to made some " basic " changes just because i prefered to learn things by myself ...

So , read the different comments posted here , there is a lot of " tips "  there ...

Cheers.

okay... i converted some armors, but the program just exits after like 3 folders.

its T3M to CUTE.

while outfits that are rather tight to the skin are converted with only minor ignorable faults, those armor or clothes pieces further apart from the body are distorted in strange shape or even have holes ripped into them.

would it be wise to first convert to a t3alice or other mesh with flater chest and then convert those from t3alice to cute?

erm, short question (i asked some time ago on some threads and didn't receive an answer):

when converting from T3M to CUTE, would i get better results if i first converted from T3M to T3 Alice and then from T3Alice to CUTE ?

i know that CUTE has a UV of BabeMarkIII or something, which is about 75% fitting on Type3 UV.

how much influence has the UV in search for matching vertices? if a geometrically fitting vertice is already found, will it still search for a UV match?

@DeadSomething

When converting something they need to have matching UV maps to convert correctly if they don't you can still convert it you just can't use the UV map search option. The CUTE body texture is mismatched you can see where one part starts and the new spot starts so when doing a conversion trying to use that body it might not come out that great. Also going from bigger to smaller you may have warpage around the breast area. I have tried doing conversions with different bodies and I generally try to stay away from that body just because of how much of a mess that UV map/texture is for that body.

@Uiridium_Chimera

I have had no problems converting oblivion armors only time they came out a little weird was when they were vanilla armors. Also if you convert something from big boob to smaller boob there is going to be warpage between the breast and below them it happens with any game. There are also some older crap bodies that blow up in the converter and it not because of the clothing converter it is because of how the body was made and they have flaws in them and the clothing converter scans those and tries to convert the armor when it hits those flaws it goes screwy stretchy or just plain looks like someone sneezed it into a napkin.

I have ran across a few bodies that are in the older setbody mod that are like that. It also depends on whose stuff you are converting. Like take SPB many of their bodies are 1 of a kind specially made body for that specific outfit/armor. Many times those bodies have problems in the converter. Arms falling of as the arms were cut of and replaced with new ones and so forth. 

Ditto on what myuhinny said. The tool is definitely not the issue. Flawed Nifs are. Hardware limits another. And expecting to run this on 3 folders full of stuff without issue, pie in the sky wishes...

NIFs to convert should IMO be at the very least cleaned first with PyFII (reduces NIF trash) and then potentially NifSkope (further reduces NIF trash and non-standard meshes).

@Uiridium_Chimera

I have had no problems converting oblivion armors only time they came out a little weird was when they were vanilla armors. Also if you convert something from big boob to smaller boob there is going to be warpage between the breast and below them it happens with any game. There are also some older crap bodies that blow up in the converter and it not because of the clothing converter it is because of how the body was made and they have flaws in them and the clothing converter scans those and tries to convert the armor when it hits those flaws it goes screwy stretchy or just plain looks like someone sneezed it into a napkin.

I have ran across a few bodies that are in the older setbody mod that are like that. It also depends on whose stuff you are converting. Like take SPB many of their bodies are 1 of a kind specially made body for that specific outfit/armor. Many times those bodies have problems in the converter. Arms falling of as the arms were cut of and replaced with new ones and so forth.

Depends on the direction - I was having issues trying to convert some armors made for those absurd "septuple-D" bodies to a smaller more petite one. I don't have any issues doing this on armors for Skyrim or Fallout, but I do for Oblivion.

@Uiridium_Chimera

Then that would be the reason going from big/super silly size to smaller is going to generally do that and there isn't much to do about it other then to touch them up in either blender or 3dmax. It happens in all game outfits it all depends on the body some convert better then others. 7BASE bullet boob the _0 body will convert like shit while the _1 body will generally convert better then the _0 body but there will still be warpage.

Rendering something in nifskope if it isn't rendered will also make a outfit look better then when they are not rendered because it'll hide most of the warpage spots.

post-25667-0-22715700-1443893128_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-97608000-1443893103_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-41722900-1443893115_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-51641300-1443893138_thumb.jpg

You can generally go from small to big/super silly but it usually doesn't work the other way around without some form of warpage.

Same outfits but using the DMMC oblivion body as the to template and the skyrim body as the from template. Armor converted better going that way then going smaller. 

post-25667-0-54606700-1443896404_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-11200000-1443896421_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-42314500-1443896433_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-82055700-1443896452_thumb.jpg

UNP variation other then minor nipple clipping with the one outfit which would be easily fixed in nifskope if I wanted to the rest came out good.

post-25667-0-54192300-1443903692_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-94524000-1443903704_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-87548600-1443903722_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-11713500-1443903739_thumb.jpg

@Uiridium_Chimera

Then that would be the reason going from big/super silly size to smaller is going to generally do that and there isn't much to do about it other then to touch them up in either blender or 3dmax.

Not really, it works perfectyly for meshes made for Fallout or Skyrim.

I actually did a test once and tried to convert an armor from 7base body (100% weight, inhumanly gigantic bazooms) to the RCotS body (100% flat chested) and it worked absolutely flawlessly, so the tool is very well optimized for newer body/mesh types.

The issues is most likely that the algorithms weren't super optimized for Oblivion, as it is radically different in how its bodies are set up as opposed to newer games. They are in two parts, upper and lower, and the arms are 100% straight to the sides (well Fallout meshes do the straight thing too, so odds are it has something to do with the halves).

My best guess would be that the vertices search functions are getting a bit messed up by the chopped in half body, because the majority of my deformation errors were near the seams.

I've never had any problem converting from larger to smaller with Oblivion. For me, the key is to use all four body sections (Upper, Lower, Hands and Feet) in both the "From" and "To" folders when creating the lattice.

Oh, you should use them all? I was making them as separate latices (which is what I would do for hands and feet for Skyrim). Maybe that was my problem. Oh well lol - thanks for the tip! :]

I've never had any problem converting from larger to smaller with Oblivion. For me, the key is to use all four body sections (Upper, Lower, Hands and Feet) in both the "From" and "To" folders when creating the lattice.

Oh, you should use them all? I was making them as separate latices (which is what I would do for hands and feet for Skyrim). Maybe that was my problem. Oh well lol - thanks for the tip! :]

Yes, just hold down the Ctrl button and click on all four of them to highlight them all. Hopefully that will solve it for you.

aaaand if i convert it and let it ignore UV search, T3M -> CUTE, wil lit then have a CUTE body with T3 compatible UV?

Only one way to find out. Try it!

b..bb...bbutt i'm too afraid!

you're right, i'll do so once i find an alice mesh.

the last few days, i was on a holy mission to replace the DMRA nipplepasties in armours by "patzy's too small bikini" with the UV changed to fit the original armor textures.

also the DMRA stock replacers have terribly f****ed up UVs.

i had to correct almost every second UV so it's not mapped to an area which doesnt even belong to the armor, or shows empty or black space from inbetween. (the vanilla robes don't have the same UV as the "wizard" or "monk" but they used the same mesh as repalcer for both *d'oh*)

i'll soon upload a few packages of my personal replacers (damn, those bikinis look hot :D ) and hopefully soneone else tests them and tells me what i did wrong :D

Hello folks.

Can anyone post the whole installation path tree of all files/folders inside Python, starting from PyFFI, please? I spent the last 3 days trying to fix that and I'm going insane, I've gone insane already as a matter of fact...

I've tried installing it in the suggested installation path here...

C:\Python33\Lib\site-packages\pyffi

...and yet I keep receiving this message below:

"A version of Python which can run qskope/niftoaster was not found: shortcuts will not be created and batch files will not run."

Is that my Python version's fault or what? And after that's fixed where am I supposed tyo install  the converter itself in order to be sure all runs properly?

Just can't wait to share all the work coming from all these efforts of mine, with all the Skyrim community...

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with that, I'm sure many will face the same struggle in the future, ain't true?

Cheers!

Hello folks.

Can anyone post the whole installation path tree of all files/folders inside Python, starting from PyFFI, please? I spent the last 3 days trying to fix that and I'm going insane, I've gone insane already as a matter of fact...

"A version of Python which can run qskope/niftoaster was not found: shortcuts will not be created and batch files will not run."

Is that my Python version's fault or what? And after that's fixed where am I supposed tyo install  the converter itself in order to be sure all runs properly?

Just can't wait to share all the work coming from all these efforts of mine, with all the Skyrim community...

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with that, I'm sure many will face the same struggle in the future, ain't true?

Cheers!

This mod comes with python portable - you shouldn't need to install anything...

Hello folks.

[...]

"A version of Python which can run qskope/niftoaster was not found: shortcuts will not be created and batch files will not run.

Cheers!

I assume you are trying to install using the regular Python distribution (like me).

I run across the same problem once, but solved it someway.

About the path:

..\Python3x\Lib\site-packages\pyffi    (*)

Python 3x could be Python32 or 33, based on the version you're using.

Python is not the only requirement, you need a compatible version of PyFFI installed.

Installing PyFFI over Python33 seems to be a problem, but can be solved copying the aforementioned folder (*) from a working Python32-PyFFI 2.2.2 installation (a sort of "manual installation"). Python33 should now be able to detect and use pyFFI libraries.

1. I have Python versions 26, 27, 32, 33 and 34 installed, directly off of root on C:\. This covers the majority of Oblivion tools that use Python.

post-18672-0-45577000-1444567503_thumb.jpg

2. Install PyFFI-2.2.2.win32.exe to the default location: C:\Program Files (x86)\PyFFI-py3k

(You can also install additional 3.xx versions of  Python. I still recommend 32-bit and not 64.)

post-18672-0-05417500-1444567999_thumb.jpg

post-18672-0-88776900-1444567999_thumb.jpg

3. ~Tools RC_89_e_Upgraded_To_k

A. Download all prior versions starting with 89_e, then all following versions up to and including k.

B. Unpackage each to a location of your choosing, then take each version after e, and cut & paste into the e folder, till you reach k.

As already mentioned it does not matter where you put the tools as it comes prepackaged with Portable Python. The required Python installs above are for tools built that used those versions of standard Python,  which are still needed to do mesh related work, etc.

@Mimirue17

You have to read the whole thing instead of just glancing at something as it says at the bottom where you can still find everything at it is only stating that the blog has expired.

Don’t worry, you’ll still be able to view the content of this blog at this web address: ******kgtools.wordpress.com******.

Will have to PM Gerra6 and hope he sees it.

@QuiteTheTail

No actually Gerra6's blog kgtools.org has expired on Sunday, October 11, 2015 and will soon be canceled. Which is what you see when clicking on the kgt link in the first post.

Oh no! This blog’s domain kgtools.org expired yesterday!
Unfortunately you cannot access this blog from kgtools.org any more. This domain name expired on Sunday, October 11, 2015 and will soon be canceled.

Please contact the owners of this website and remind them to renew this domain before it’s too late. They need your help!

Don’t worry, you’ll still be able to view the content of this blog at this web address: kgtools.wordpress.com.