New Clothing Body Style Converter Beta v0.89f (10-26-2014)

@gvman3670

The clothing converter converts stuff by scanning UV maps and a few other things. For something to convert nice both bodies have to use/have matching UV maps. UNP to UNP bodies will usually have matching UV maps CBBE to UNP will not have matching UV maps and will not convert quite as nice since you can not use the UV map search option when making the lattice. Not sure what textures the citrus body uses as I have never used it. CBBE to CBBE most types use the same UV maps but there are a few CBBE body types that do not have matching UV maps. 

I have used the clothing converter to convert armors from fallout oblivion and skyrim I have also even did crossovers before from 2 different games. Like converting a UNPB body to DMRA by using a UNPB body and DMRA body when making the lattice.

I just extracted the clothing converter to my desktop. The folders will appear when you double click make lattice.bat When you first click it the save folder will be made then click file convert from hit X to close then file convert to hit X that will make a clothing converter folder which will contain from and to folder. Selecting clothing.bat then select file select lattice this will make a lattice folder file again and go to select destination folder then hit X so now inside the folder should be to from output and lattice folders.

CITRUS uses UNP textures so there is that. :lol: But I don't know if armors can morph with the body (since the body morphs are in RaceMenu).

But that's getting ahead of myself. Nothing will launch for me at all. Can you please read my second post and perhaps give me an idea of what could be going wrong.

No matter what I try to use all I get is the command prompt window telling me this...

post-243307-0-58522200-1439780295_thumb.png

So what's my problem here? Any ideas? I am pretty sure I followed the install instructions and I installed Python and Pyffi as instructed. I am utterly confused at this point.

@gvman3670

Not sure never had a problem with mine but I went through a lot of trouble installing everything to use blender but could never figure it out and when I installed the clothing converter everything worked fine because I already had everything and then some already installed when I tried to use blender. I googled the error and this might help. http://pythoncentral.io/add-python-to-path-python-is-not-recognized-as-an-internal-or-external-command/

So I went back to reinstall Python 3.3.3 again and realized there was an option to add to PATH. So I made sure to check it this time. :doh: Yet, when I double click the "make a lattice" py or bat file I still get that freaking message and nothing will open.

I am running Win10, though, but it shouldn't be an issue since everything else has been working flawlessly (or even better than with 7). Maybe it has something to do with it, but I seriously doubt it.

WELL SUMBITCH! It freakin' WORKS! IT'S ALIVE, DAMMIT! :lol:

Thanks a ton, Myuhinny. Those other versions were the key to getting it to work. I tried 3.3.3 and 3.4.something and those do NOT work for some reason or other. Python 3.2.3 and Pyffi 2.2.2 do work, though. Fucking awesome!

Now to figure out how to use the thing! But I will.

One question now before I tear into it. When making a lattice, what is the best way to get the body nifs I'll be needing? Can I just copy them from a body mod (say to the desktop or elsewhere) then point the lattice maker to them? Or would that be too simple? :P Or will I need to reinstall Blender 2.49b to get the usable nifs? Or maybe NifSkope?

@gvman3670

Glad to help and that you got it up and running.

What I do is look under the armor if there is a full body then I will try to use that as the template body by making a copy of that nif throw it into the from folder load it up into nifskope and then right click all item pieces 1 at a time and go to block - remove branch this will delete the armor pieces and anything that is attached to them. Once everything is gone then I save as to overwrite the nif. If the body in the armor is broken don't use it as a template or your conversion will look like it came from a monster movie. For broken bodies you can try to find out what body size it is and use that as the template when making the lattice then the armor should convert good. If the bodies do not have matching UV maps you will not be able to use the UV maps search option.

If I don't reply it's because I have gone to bed and will be gone for another week because of work.

Cool stuff, though. Thanks a bunch!

I will say that I tried converting the B. Cassandra Frost With outfit from UNP to CITRUS and all it ended up doing was morphing my CITRUS body to the out-of-the-box, unaltered CITRUS body (which is UGLY, by the way :lol:). So I don't think it will be capable of following all those body morphs as it currently stands. There was a reason nobody was doing conversions for it yet. ;)

But I also really like the UNP HDT-PE body and there is just not enough out there for it. So this will still come in handy for me. There's a lot of HDT/TBBP stuff out there for 7B and UNPB so I think it should be quite easy to make some conversions to UNP HDT-PE.

I find it best to use a good set of already tweaked standard bodies for making lattices. I don't know anything about standard sets for Skyrim since I don't play it.

For Oblivion I use Setbody Reloaded as my base body templates for lattice creation. So far it has worked out well enough, but then I'm mostly interested in altering lower body sizes and not uppers. Conversion of upperbodies are a challenge. You may want to try the 2-pass lattice if you are reworking an upper body also. I have yet to see any major difference with HGEC bodies. You may also need to create multiple lattices to step up from a very small upper or lower or visa versa. That's what has provided the best possible results for HGEC armors and clothes.

My process is identical to myuhinny's; locating a full existing body for a given armor or clothing item, by deleting the armor or clothes and crossing my fingers it is a full body and not a partial one. 

I have had random success with running conversions on separate body items; upperbody or lowerbody only, but again you need that original upper or lower to be very close to what you want to convert to.

I just ran across an issue ripping a body. It appeared to be a full body (UNPB Daedric armor replacer), but the lattice maker wouldn't work and it spit out a .lat file of 0 bytes. :o So I went to Nexus and got the UNPB modders resource pack to use and that seems to be working. I haven't completed the conversion, it's running now, but it built a decent lattice.

I really like the UNP TopModel body and this would nice to convert some armors for that body. I'll play with it some more and perhaps start doing that since there isn't a lot out there for UNP TM and UNP HDT-PE and it's shame because those are some very nice bodies.

Working close to home don't have to stay at a motel.

@gvman3670

If you get a .lat file of 0 bytes or it closes without doing anything you can go into your save folder and look for the convert_clothing.log open it and see what error there is in it this is also where any other log will be at as well.

Generally many times what I do when I convert a armor because I usually run them through mesh rigger also is to make a copy of the converted nif place it into my target folder for mesh rigger grab a copy of my players template body and then transfer the armor parts from the converted nif into my players nif then run it through mesh rigger. I also do that because many older bodies like UNP will cause weirdness if those flawed bodies are left in the nif when ran through mesh rigger.

What was the citrus body made with? Was it made with 3dmax blender or bodyslide if it was made with bodyslide then that could be the reason why it doesn't convert well but you can use my above thing and just transfer the stuff to your players body.

Grats on the conversion.

I'll have to figure out the mesh rigger next I suppose. That Daedric chainmail replacer I converted still has the UNPB BBPx weighting and it's not quite ideal for the UNP HDT-PE body I fit the armor to. It's certainly more jiggly and it does stretch the breasts a bit during the sexy idle animations.

I also want to convert some LB/Demonica stuff the UNP HDT-PE body.

@gvman3670

That Daedric chainmail replacer the chainmail is nothing more then a texture on a body just to make sure just open a nif and copy the body texture path for a body and then load the chainmail up and change the texture path for the chainmail to the body texture path if it changes to match the body then all you have to do is paste the UNP HDT-PE body into that nif and change the texture path of the body to the chainmail texture path.

Converting LB/DEM will require a bit of work before you can even try to convert them. 1st LB/DEM uses a weird texture path for the body you will have to change it to the players texture folder path for each armor before you convert it if you don't the clothing converter will spew out a gender error. Do not use the UV map search option. LB is the older body most of the older armors and many of the newer ones are now being made/converted to the DEM body.

2nd You will have to replace the LB/DEM body after conversion as the body will still be LB/DEM and will still be using their UV map.

3rd make yourself a dummy demonica.esm and place it into your game folder don't actuvate it you only need it in there so you will be able to load up the DEM armors and then you will have to delete all masters from the .esp except for skyrim.esm and update.esm if you don't delete all of the other masters out it will cause the CK to crash.

4th now that you have those masters gone load it up into the CK if the .esm isn't a english version then you will have to change the names of the items so you can console add them easier. You will also have to change the race for the armor and armor addons from alduin to default or you body will become invisible when you try to wear the armor.

• 2 weeks later...

well, i tried to convert from "upperbodyfemale_HGEC_E-Cup.nif" to "upperbodyfemale_HGEC_C6.nif", but i get very disturbing meshes:

while after deleting the body from the converted armor and replacing it by the 6breasted one, the 2 upmost breasts fit, but there are no changes to the other parts of the armor mesh to make the 4 lower breasts fit undeneath.

i tried the same with a 4breasted version and ended up with some strangely distorted armorplate above the 4 breasts, but this time it actually created something for those breasts.

i know that what i'm trying is beyond what this program was written for.

Would it be possible to use this to convert clothes from "HGEC E-Cup" to "HGEC C-Cup 6 breasts" ?

Of course - did you read the OP at all? This is designed to convert to and from ANY body, even ones from previous Bethesda games that use different idle mesh poses (the T-pose).

Greetings.

Yes ...theorically ... ;°)

Just one question please : did you ever tried to convert an outfit from Skyrim ( BBp and with the whole body meshes , head/mask , body, hands/gloves , feet/shoes ...) to Oblivion ?

If this is the case and of course if the conversion was sucessful , could you wrote to us the order of the procedure to get it working in Oblivion's game ?

Using this tool to convert something from one game to another isn't so simple , in fact i think it's better ( and quick , faster ) to do it with a real 3D tool .That's especially true if you are not able to test each meshes in their respective game first .

So you need to have the different games still working ( it depends if you want to test the meshes separatly first or not )

Converting thing from only one game is really easy ( most of the time ) the only problem is to work with "clean meshes " ( = clean source made by a real modder , so an experimented one , not something like " BodySlide/Outfit Studio " made by the first " tourist ...  ) .

Finally if i ask you this question that's just because i got some " issues " when i trying ( this last night and today )  to convert a Skyrim's model to Oblivion ... i quiet sure i would be able to get what i want , but not as expected ... i mean " quicly " !

Sure it's the first time i use this Converter to convert something from different games.

Cheers.

Would it be possible to use this to convert clothes from "HGEC E-Cup" to "HGEC C-Cup 6 breasts" ?

(Is this a chimera body?)

Use the converter to get a valid HGEC C-Cup version of the normal clothing (if you already have one, all the better).

After that, I'm afraid you'll have to use Blender or another 3D tool. The following procedure applies to Blender.

1. Import the chimera body complete of hands, feet, head mesh. Import the clothing/armor. Delete any residual skeleton.

2. Save the .blend file (it never hurts to be cautious). Save often during editing, too, with different filenames as you progress.

3. Select and delete the area that must be replaced (hit B for rectangular selection, hit B twice for paint selection).

(Be careful when selecting triangles. You may end up selecting faces that are on the other side of the mesh. Sometimes this is what you want, sometimes not. There is a button that toggles between front selection and full selection).

4. Select the area you want duplicated

5. Duplicate the portion of the mesh (Alt-D in Blender, if I recall correctly).

6. Grab/move the duplicated area to its final destination (pressing x, y, z while grabbing will constraint the movement along that axis). You may need also a little local rotation along X axis (press R, X, X)

7. Repeat steps 5, 6 as needed.

8. Try to fill eventual gaps with triangles. You may need to merge vertices if you don't want the pieces to be separated.

9. Remove unused vertices.

10. Recalculate normals.

11. Select all, Import the skeleton, "skeleton only + parent to selected" option enabled.

12. Export the nif

13. Clean the nif in Nifskope. Test.

As long as you don't create parts of the armor using extrusion, this method should preserve also the BBB painting (however, I cannot foresee the consequences, since the edited part will be now distant from the OP bones).

I know it sounds complicated and there are things I may have left out (checking the material properties, for example) but the only way to learn things is through practise.

Of course - did you read the OP at all? This is designed to convert to and from ANY body, even ones from previous Bethesda games that use different idle mesh poses (the T-pose).

Greetings.

Yes ...theorically ... ;°)

Just one question please : did you ever tried to convert an outfit from Skyrim ( BBp and with the whole body meshes , head/mask , body, hands/gloves , feet/shoes ...) to Oblivion ?

If this is the case and of course if the conversion was sucessful , could you wrote to us the order of the procedure to get it working in Oblivion's game ?

Using this tool to convert something from one game to another isn't so simple , in fact i think it's better ( and quick , faster ) to do it with a real 3D tool .That's especially true if you are not able to test each meshes in their respective game first .

So you need to have the different games still working ( it depends if you want to test the meshes separatly first or not )

Converting thing from only one game is really easy ( most of the time ) the only problem is to work with "clean meshes " ( = clean source made by a real modder , so an experimented one , not something like " BodySlide/Outfit Studio " made by the first " tourist ...  ) .

Finally if i ask you this question that's just because i got some " issues " when i trying ( this last night and today )  to convert a Skyrim's model to Oblivion ... i quiet sure i would be able to get what i want , but not as expected ... i mean " quicly " !

Sure it's the first time i use this Converter to convert something from different games.

Cheers.

I seriously doubt any body that uses Skyrim "jiggle physics" would even sort of work on older games. Best case scenario -> the game doesn't know how to any doesn't try to read the additional data that it cannot parse and nothing happens, but these are BETHESDA games, and we all know their shitty engines would rather freak out and CTD than just continue on with some tiny invisible errors...