New Clothing Body Style Converter Beta v0.89f (10-26-2014)

No tutorial for this the first post of the thread has some info.

How to use it depends on the game you are trying to convert stuff for as each one is a bit different. But for all of them the armors/outfits convert best if both the to and from bodies have matching templates if not then you can't use the UV map search option. CBBE to UNP have different UV maps while UNP to 7base have matching UV maps.

I usually load a nif into nifskope and remove the clothing from it to have a look see at what's under it or whats not there. If it has a full body and isn't missing any body parts I'll use that for the template body if it has missing parts then I have to find a matching body and use that instead as using a broken body can cause nastness in the areas where there is no body at.

There is also probably a lot of info in the thread as well. 

...if i make an entire armor set conversion then i need to make separate lattices of body hand and feet .nif or can i make a single lattice?

You can do it either way. If you don't have a full body mesh, you can just hold down the Ctrl key and highlight the various body parts that you want to use. Personally, I get the best results by including Upper, Lower, Hands, and Feet, even when I'm converting something that shouldn't need all of them.

I know for oblivion you have to use hand models when converting stuff with gloves or the fingers come out pointing in every direction.

Skyrim I never include them and they come out fine only time I might use hand feet head and body is when I'm running something through mesh rigger to add those nodes from it to the target file. High heels using the skyrim high heek system will get destroyed in both the clothing converter and mesh rigger. I believe it is caused by the heels being under the 2 lines that things are usually above.

Going from smaller to bigger seems to make things a bit blocky. Here is from TGND body to C-size HGEC, I'm talking about Oblivion of course:

post-512528-0-11749700-1451616291_thumb.jpg post-512528-0-09061200-1451616289_thumb.jpg

Any advice for how to make these meshes appear more smooth? Is vertex grabbing in Blender the best way to do this? I need to edit plenty of different meshes so I thought it's better to ask before I do things the hard way.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So far as I know, I've succesfully made lattices. This is the error log I get when I try to convert from one Fallout NV body to another in clothing converter:

Loading Lattice
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "PythonPortable\App\Scripts\kgtools\convert_clothing.py", line 342, in <module>
    Main()
  File "PythonPortable\App\Scripts\kgtools\convert_clothing.py", line 274, in Main
    lattice = loadLattice(c_s['template'])
  File "O:\Tools RC_89_e\PythonPortable\App\lib\site-packages\kg\lattice_util.py", line 13, in loadLattice
    lattice = pickle.load(open(path_, "rb"))
EOFError

I noticed with some nifs when you get a error sometimes you can fix it or at least get it to where it will run without a error. For fallout 3/NV I have noticed that if you get a error and the clothing converter pose converter or mesh rigger closes that 90% of the time that problem is somewhere inside it's NiMaterialProperty and I have found that deleting those branches out of a problem nif and then trying again will result in a win. A few times that didn't work but next deleting out the BSShaderPPLightingProperty and BSShaderTextureSet did. A few it still had problems in the mesh somewhere and ended up having to be scraped but most of the times these worked and saved what was being worked on from being scraped.

Almost forgot I have also had success with some problem meshes by deleting out the ninodes. For me I put it into skyrims outfit studio click bones mass hightlight the bone right click and select delete bones. Export it and run it again.

I'm using the New Vegas pregnancy body - trying to convert a regular lab coat to the P1 stage.  From there my plan is to convert to each stage from the last until I wind up with all seven stages.

I'll give you advice a go and report back.

Guest Jenova23

I keep getting a No Vertices Found error when I use the make_lattice.bat after I export my nif from blender. I am following the import and export settings posted here.  --> http://www.loverslab.com/topic/22809-properimport-and-export-settings-for-armor-conversions/?p=568196 The mesh worked fine  before I imported and exported it through blender.

Front_zpsfng33bcl.png

Please Help.

Fallout New Vegas Body.rar

• 1 month later...

followed: Light Download:

1. Install Python 3.3 or 3.4. http://python.org/do...releases/3.3.3/ (64 bit recommended if you are working with very large nifs)
2. Install Pyffi 3K http://sourceforge.n...les/pyffi-py3k/
3. Extract Clothing converter to your preferred location in your computer.
4. *Optional* Extract the .bat files in the 'Optional bat_files.7z'.
4.a open the .bat files with a text editor.
4.b change the 'python.exe' to the path to the python install from step 2 and save
4.c run the tools using the .bat file instead of the .py file.

but it's giving error Import error no module named pyffi

i have installed python 3.4.4 at location: D:\Programs\Python34

and pyffi-py3k 2.2.2 at location: D:\Programs\PyFFI-py3k

and Tools RC_89_k_Light at location : D:\Games\Programs for games\Clothing Converter\Tools RC_89_k_Light

forgot to ask will this work for fallout 4? wanting to convert from cbbe/vanilla to Jane bod

@ SadisticLiquid -

1. You would be better off installing all of your Python* installs directly off of root; C:\. That makes them available to any a Python app or tool you use. Same for PyFFI-2.2.2, and I do recommend using the PyFFI-2.2.2.win32.exe file.

*Make sure you DL and install Python 3.2.3.  

2. You need to DL Tools RC_89_e through 89_k, installing 89_e first then overwrite the contents with each of the following newer versions stopping at 89_k. 

3. Last time I checked, maybe a year ago, 64-bit versions of Python were buggy and unstable. I also did not see any significant gains in using 64 vs. 32. Working with any NIFs is going to be a slow and tedious process requiring patience.

4. fallout 4? I don't own so maybe another member that does and uses these tools can answer or test that. If the NIF structures haven't changed it should theoretically work.

*In either this thread or one of the other gerra6 tool threads I've posted most of this DL, install and setup before. Only mentioning it in case I missed something this time around.

• 1 month later...

@SadisticLiquid

Fallout 4 is not compatible with any of Gerra6's tool and will do nothing but crash them (I already tried awhile back) you will have to wait till they have been updated to work with them.

I wonder if they will ever get updated. Last time gerra  logged in was all the way back to january 2015 and I don't see him anymore even in the niftools forum.

@Jarka Ruus

Hard to say it could be that RL things are taking up most of their time or they haven't had the urge to start yet as they might still be in burnout mode. I know they updated the pose converter awhile back and I know they said that now that fallout 4 was out that they should probably get the tools updated but something could of come up that takes all of their time or they could be updating as we speak and they just are not visiting any place so as to not get distracted by shiny new things.

The fallout body for the most part is the skyrim CBBE body they even use the same UV mapping I haven't really looked at the Jane body to see if there are any similarities or not.

• 2 weeks later...

@Jarka Ruus

Hard to say it could be that RL things are taking up most of their time or they haven't had the urge to start yet as they might still be in burnout mode. I know they updated the pose converter awhile back and I know they said that now that fallout 4 was out that they should probably get the tools updated but something could of come up that takes all of their time or they could be updating as we speak and they just are not visiting any place so as to not get distracted by shiny new things.

The fallout body for the most part is the skyrim CBBE body they even use the same UV mapping I haven't really looked at the Jane body to see if there are any similarities or not.

I'm sure he's got his reasons, not even questioning that, I was just wondering.

About differences between cbbe and jb, I think it's more about taste, different overall shape, different sliders and so on. I didn't notice either of the bodies having better weighting which is generally how I choose my favourite body (for example in Skyrim unpcm has by far the best weight painting).

• 3 weeks later...

I've been reading through this thread and have some questions.

Is .85a the latest version? I saw a comment n another thread saying that it wasn't.

I want to convert stuff like UPPB BBP TBBP, etc to Base UNP,  or HGEC BBB to HGEC, how well does the conversion do in converting away the physics?

Can it convert, say, HGEC to UNP or UNP to HGEC, that is, porting?

Happy to see that it works well in converting Oblivion men's stuff to slender. :)

Is .85a the latest version? I saw a comment n another thread saying that it wasn't.

I want to convert stuff like UPPB BBP TBBP, etc to Base UNP,  or HGEC BBB to HGEC, how well does the conversion do in converting away the physics?

Happy to see that it works well in converting Oblivion men's stuff to slender. :)

89_k is the latest. You need to install 89_e first, and then add 89_k on top of it. Both are available here:

https://kgtools.org/mesh-rigger/download/

There is also a pre-alpha 91_b floating around, but it's not really usable in its current state.

It's most trouble free when resizing similar shapes, like HGEC a to e and vice-versa. If you've read the thread, there've been some fairly exotic conversions but it sometimes takes some effort. Give it a try and let us know what questions pop up.

89_k is the latest. You need to install 89_e first, and then add 89_k on top of it. Both are available here:

https://kgtools.org/mesh-rigger/download/

There is also a pre-alpha 91_b floating around, but it's not really usable in its current state.

It's most trouble free when resizing similar shapes, like HGEC a to e and vice-versa. If you've read the thread, there've been some fairly exotic conversions but it sometimes takes some effort. Give it a try and let us know what questions pop up.

Thank you! I'm sure I will have questions.

• 2 months later...