New Clothing Body Style Converter Beta v0.89f (10-26-2014)

Hey again,

I did assume that the outfit uses hgec e-cup so im using femaleupperbody e-cup --> femaleupperbody f-cup lattice for the conversion tool. I have not tried removing and re-adding parts like you suggested QuiteTheTail so Ill give this method a try. Do I need blender for this aswell or is it feasable to strip and add blocks in nifscope only ? Thanks again for your help !

Hey again,

I did assume that the outfit uses hgec e-cup so im using femaleupperbody e-cup --> femaleupperbody f-cup lattice for the conversion tool. I have not tried removing and re-adding parts like you suggested QuiteTheTail so Ill give this method a try. Do I need blender for this aswell or is it feasable to strip and add blocks in nifscope only ? Thanks again for your help !

Before you do that, try a conversion with all the extras still attached. My experience is that the tool does a good job of placing those things appropriately, right where they belong on the new body shape. But I convert things to ZKEC, so YMMV.

Hey again,

Before you do that, try a conversion with all the extras still attached. My experience is that the tool does a good job of placing those things appropriately, right where they belong on the new body shape. But I convert things to ZKEC, so YMMV.

Greetings.

Hi & @ Supierce

..." so YMMV   "  sorry , english isn't one of my native tongues , so i cannot understant these  " 4 letters " .

Can you " translate " the meaning of these one , please ?

Cheers.

Hi & @ Borkkoli

I think you maybe misunderstood ( or forgott ) one important point  : the  " weighting " already there ?!.

Is your base version ( the source  ) has not one " BBB or Moving Breast " weighting , ok you can consider this source as a " static " one (  sure , not as a real static piece as a chair , container etc ... ) .

But if the source is already " pre-weighted ( for " BBB "system or  " MovingBreast " ) you need to check all the meshes with NifSkope first , secondly use the " Spell ---> animation ---> attach.kf " and add an animation to the nif and see how it looks ( so use the " play" button ) .

If there is no clipping or something else going wrong (  = looking bad )  , ok you can use you source as this .

But if the meshes came with a different weighting you will probably get a lot of clipping ,   in this situation you need to solve that first and if you cannot solve these differences , choose another pre-weighted body that match the " outfit" . 

That's why i asked to you to put a link to the body sources you want to use for the Template , but also in the source if you replace that source body first .

An alternative is to run the source throught Mesh Rigger first ( use the pre-weighted body you intend to put  as a replacer in the source as Template  to riigg your source before you use it in the converter ) .

So as you can see , if your are in " urge" to convert a model you just found , you will probably get something not " weel done - converted ) . It's is necessary to check your source seriously ( with a animation - i use Pretty Woman 's Move  - low version because there is an excessive bouncing there ,and if i can eliminate all clipping with this animation, i suppose there will not be another " clipping " with animation using a "lesser" bouncing movement.

Is that clear enough ? If not , i will write in in french , and so , use the tranlator/traductor of your choice to  translate my post.

Cheers.

NB : of course , if you already are a Blender user ,  it's more fast to check  and reshape your meshes directly with Blender or another 3D tool

The  " genious" Gerra6's Clothing Converrter is there for peoples inexperimented with a real 3D Tool.

Hey again,

Greetings.

Hi & @ Supierce

..." so YMMV   "  sorry , english isn't one of my native tongues , so i cannot understant these  " 4 letters " .

Cheers.

YMMV == Your Mileage May Vary (meaning it may work differently for you).

Good luck with it!

So this could possibly covert the apachii goddess store items to Roberts female? if so i will give it a try.

Yes, that's right. The key is using the right original body when creating your lattice.

Absolutely dead on! Also what I'm finding is if the originating armor or clothing item has just a partial body mesh in areas, you can still get it to work if you make a lattice using full body meshes from Setbody Resources. If the originating armor or clothing does not have an actual hand or foot mesh, you should make the lattice the same; the From body should have no hands or feet. So far these have worked out quite well.

Has anyone here experimented with Two Step Lattice Enable and can explain what it does? I'm playing catch up to a lot of this.

Hey again,

Greetings.

Hi & @ Supierce

Cheers.

YMMV == Your Mileage May Vary (meaning it may work differently for you).

Good luck with it!

Hi there.

Hi Supierce .

Many thanks , especialing for the " meaning" .

But " Good luck with it ! "   ... with what ?

I'm not going to convert anything else right now , i must finish to repair the " dirty " Saaya 's DMRA meshes  ...   that's already done , just needed to move  2 vertex/vertices ( one for the Breast " bug " / corrupted mesh and another to convert the Symmetrical upper to an Asymmetrical version  ) .

I'm in hurry ,because i would like to upload the files tomorrow but i need to create an esp for a non-replacer version , beurk , this part is not funny ! ... :°)

But maybe i will try to convert that " explorer " between two cups of coffee , but i 'm not quiet sure .

Cheers.

Hey again,

Greetings.

i have absolutly no time these days ... so here " For Your Eyes " only : your file but in clean DMRA Upperbody ( ! ) ... i think you will not get trouble with these meshes .

As i said , test first your " template "  source file first ,just to see if you use the same "pre-weighting" ( to avoid clipping or more ... ).

Cheers.

PS : it's not my files , i got it a few time ago from " Patzy Labs " or something like this ... but the DMRA body seams to be " Clean" not so easy to find a clea, DMRa pre-weighted " body here and at the Nexus , because they use a corrupted Saaya DMRA base ! ( ther is a distorsion between the breast , easy to fix , even with just NiofSkope ! )

I forgot to register/record  the link  but maybe it's just from  a LL thread. - there is a lot of conversion in this thread ...  i must admit that's a nice work even if i don't like the .. " xx RA Stuffs "    , DM is acceptable but DMRA , sorry not my taste but i'm happy to have them just to be converted to another body .

PPS ; yes it's something from LL ...here the thread , but not the right page ... check them all , there are probably some interrestings links or files in the  " comments / Follow topic " section.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/1262-patzys-dmra-lab/page-14

PPPS ; if you need to work with a DMRA upper in your source ( the model you want to convert from )  check the interior of the Upperbody first , if you see  something like in the following picture , you need to replace this part ( if possible by an upper with the same " pre-weighting as the clothes ) or to repair it ( it easy ) : ... if you work with this kind of corrupted mesh you will get a distorded one once converted.

DungeonExplorerDMRA.rar

post-239275-0-89534500-1428540117_thumb.jpg

post-239275-0-46237700-1428540148_thumb.jpg

For armors/outfits that have broken bodies I have found it easier to make a copy of the armor then delete the armor out of the nif and then click the arrow to the left of skin to get the drop down then change Ambient Color and Diffuse Color to settings to 0.100 this will make the skin darker then save as. Then I look at the body to try to think of which one it might be then when I think I have found it paste the armor nif into the body folder and load the body nif up into nifskope and copy the body branch then load the armor nif up and paste the body into it. If it's a match there should be dark and light blocks and they will move when you move the body around. I have used this option a lot and it has worked most of the time sometimes it doesn't work but usually it does.

When I convert armors that have gloves but there are no hands under it I usually use a hand nif when I make a lattice or the hands might come out weird. 

For armors/outfits that have broken bodies I have found it easier to make a copy of the armor then delete the armor out of the nif and then click the arrow to the left of skin to get the drop down then change Ambient Color and Diffuse Color to settings to 0.100 this will make the skin darker then save as. Then I look at the body to try to think of which one it might be then when I think I have found it paste the armor nif into the body folder and load the body nif up into nifskope and copy the body branch then load the armor nif up and paste the body into it. If it's a match there should be dark and light blocks and they will move when you move the body around. I have used this option a lot and it has worked most of the time sometimes it doesn't work but usually it does.

When I convert armors that have gloves but there are no hands under it I usually use a hand nif when I make a lattice or the hands might come out weird. 

Hi there.

Greetings ,Myuhinny .

Thank for the idea , but that's already an " old story "  don't  worry ( ..Be happy tou tou tou toutpu ...) ... repaired the Upperbody meshes ( 1 for the "guilty" vertex/edge and another one to remove the symetrical aspect of most of the upper body used in this mods )

For the Clothes section i found 10-11 different uppers ... unfortunately , i 've tried to repair them a littlr bit too late : the armor folder was already corrected ( in fact remake with anothe upperbody with the same " weightnig" but without this corrupted vertx. ) .

Even in some Thorazine i found this " bug" , and of course in most of all Nephenee13 's conertion ... that's a pity because i like too much the Naiflan 's mods , and Nephenee already converted to DMRA some of the Naiflan's mods i want to convert now to GBEC , RKA, The Oldwold58 New HGEc Sor Of ( this one nedd and " Official " name now ) ans to the HappySparkles FCPA body - FLAT edition .

The most important is that i know now that there is a bug in most the the DMRA converted mods based on the Saaya's models he put in the file i 've alredy mention.

Now  , i already repaired all the Saaya 'meshes from his first Edhildil convertions , ( 3 mods-compilations ) , and  can use them for the Nephenee13's  versions . 

So in fact ,now that's just a message i put here and there as a " Warning " for futur " modders " . 

I just needed to use NifSkope because Blender doesn't work anymore on this machine , but that's rall not a problem to me , i have absolutly no problem with NifSkope , i can doo a lot of with it ... and maybe i found a way to cut a mesh with NifSkope ... i will try this in a few day ... very interrresting perspective even if doing so with NifSkope is sometime really " painfull "... maybe i'm a little bit " masochist " ...  i will " investigate" that aspect of my personality later too . I need to  " improve " my technic first .

Anyway ,  and by the way thank you too for the " Tanslation" of the 2  alphabetic letters " RL " ...   ;°)

Cheers , i 'm still in " urge" , hurry today , so i' will disconnect from the web for a few hours .

Yes, and I use a very similar process. The only time I have had to use 'extra' body parts is like what you stated above; gloves & hand nif needed, or in the case of armors or clothes having boots, with a partial body underneath, so the body nif doesn't show in the boot mesh location. In those cases I end up having to use the original partial body that came with the armor or clothing model.

I've started running HGEC models through Clothing Body Style Converter & Mesh Rigger v0.89k, and will be posting them somewhere in the Oblivion forums, mostly as a modders resource, although some can be used as-is in-game. I'm doing it for the individual parts for creating mash-ups.

Hey again,

In most cases Nifskope is sufficient.

I only use Blender when something needs to be translated/rotated/scaled in a somewhat complex way (and use CTRL-A, "Apply object scale and rotation" before exporting). The outfit you chose to convert for example have a dagger strapped to the thigh. Depending on how much different is the target body, an item like that may need to be moved and rotated manually in Blender. Look at this example, is a Blender file from the Apachii's Freya fur armor brown I converted to EBE GUTS about a month ago.

FreyaFurBrown_EBE_GUTS.7z

Only the lowerbody and boots are different from the original mesh.

@myuhinny

seamhider=can be an amulet, or other piece of clothing or armor supposed to hide a seam (usually at the neck because facial and body textures tend to mismatch - it's Oblivion I'm talking). But I'm 100% sure you already know that.

I generally don't have to worry much about seams as usually after conversion I throw away the body in the armor and replace it with a copy of my players template body.

I do the same thing for skyrim but that is mostly when dealing with the flawed UNP body and if I want to throw the outfit into mesh rigger to add TBBP. You can convert UNP armors with the clothing converter it maybe spewing out a ton of errors while doing it but it will usually convert it. After conversion if the armor has the same nodes as my template body I will paste it into the armor and remove the flawed one before throwing it into mesh rigger. But if I can't paste it into it I will instead paste the armor into a copy of the template body and then run it through mesh rigger usually there is clipping when doing it but the mesh rigger usually fixes that up. 

There is also Gerra6's seam mender tool that can fix seams.

So far I am finding ColourWheel's MODs the easiest to convert to other Oblivion bodies. Most of hers are based on an Original HGEC D-cup M lower. Now that I have a library of lattices it goes fairly quick. Only problematic ones are those of hers that others added BBB to. That and her panties don't convert well to the Set Body Reloaded HGEC Manga-W model. Looks sort of like an ogre gave her a wedgie the hard way. Only some of her very early stuff has issues. And anyone attempting conversions, optimize with PyFFI and NifSkope first. It'll save you from many headaches later.

Krista's are a whole other story...

I had to replace the partial body underneath for one armor as it was showing noticeable gaps, even in the original. She doesn't seem to be one to have fixed clipping issues either.

So far I am finding ColourWheel's MODs the easiest to convert to other Oblivion bodies. Most of hers are based on an Original HGEC D-cup M lower. Now that I have a library of lattices it goes fairly quick. Only problematic ones are those of hers that others added BBB to. That and her panties don't convert well to the Set Body Reloaded HGEC Manga-W model. Looks sort of like an ogre gave her a wedgie the hard way. Only some of her very early stuff has issues. And anyone attempting conversions, optimize with PyFFI and NifSkope first. It'll save you from many headaches later.

Krista's are a whole other story...

I had to replace the partial body underneath for one armor as it was showing noticeable gaps, even in the original. She doesn't seem to be one to have fixed clipping issues either.

Greetings.

Hi Varenne  : warning ,  because you are wrong : 95¨% of ColourWhell ' lowers are the original " 0 " ( that the name given by Electrro in his BBB Designer body Spell mod ,  and not the M .... Petrovitch made the same mistake by thinking that the M lower was the " standard "

I'm a huge fan of Colourwheel 'mods and i was very disappointed by her choice but i started to modding because i was thinking she used the " M" lower , but not . It's the " original " one from RAIAR /MadCat221 , but second Edition , so the one called " original " O" in Electrro 's mod.

If you test her stocking on a M lower , you will get a lot of clipping , but not with the " O" version.

Cheers.

PS : ... as as a side note , Colourwheel's mods are not " free to use " ...snifff ... probably  Nexus' " exclusive " too .... ;°)

... very interresting comments here about the " exclusive" point of view ... all your mods belong to ... Bethesda !

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/26722

Now we knows why there were some "problems " between Mur_Zik , Coronerra and maybe WanderDryad too

The more interresting post is on the page 5 , posted by : Neltharion Deathwing

I find it funny that the only person I have seen using the word "exclusive" has been you. I have not seen varenne use the words "exclusive" anywhere in their uploads or their posts.

@varenne

Yeah you find some bodies that are like that I haven't done much with anything from ColourWheel as I haven't seen many things of theirs that I would want to convert. The crotch area could be modified so the UV map and vertexes don't match the HGEC's ones. I have seen it a lot with Growlfs armors/outfits as their bodies crotch area has been modified and underwear and stuff in that area gets messed up when you try to convert them and just looking at their crotch area you can tell that it was modified.

@ AnnaFly

nit·pick·ing
ˈnitˌpikiNG

informal

adjective
1. looking for small or unimportant errors or faults, especially in order to criticize unnecessarily.
"a nitpicking legalistic exercise"

noun
noun: nitpicking; plural noun: nitpickings; noun: nit-picking; plural noun: nit-pickings
1. fussy fault-finding.
"nitpicking over tiny details"

French
1. tatillonne

A. I pulled the 0 body from one of her MODs, which I then, 

B. use to make my lattices, naming them "Original2HGEC_M" in the process and,

C. as far as I'm concerned it's still an M variant.

And now, 

D. I used my Colourwheel converted M as my base to convert to other HGEC bodies, with near zero issues.

Hopefully that clarifies things...

And saying someone is wrong, before understanding their entire process, is bordering on inflammatory (inflammatoire)... At the very least I'm beginning to find it annoying. Ever hear of the expression 'splitting hairs'?

splitting hairs
To argue about an inconsequential and trivial aspect of an issue.

@ myuhinny

I have a lot of Colourwheel's MODs and resources installed, and use some (after deleting all of those forceful idle/special animations she used!). Mostly though it's about putting gerra6's tools through their paces, to see what I can and cannot produce easily.

I've moved on to trying with elalquimista's recent FemArmor-UnReasonableFlavor-45241. I really like all of the new Dark Brotherhood renditions they created. Having some issues with converting thigh and ankle parts though; incomplete mesh or UV or something, so I think I need to adjust the Make Lattice settings, enabling the Axial Constraints for Y and Z.

This is what I'm getting after a conversion from elalquimista's original (clearly marked an HGEC_M lowerbody) to an HGEC GUTS_LIGHT.

post-18672-0-20232500-1429391885_thumb.jpgpost-18672-0-95472100-1429391885_thumb.jpg

@varenne

Not sure on elalquimista's stuff as I don't think I have tried converting any of their stuff. It depends if they adjusted the body or if they used a older body. Some of the older body types do not convert very well. Some of the older bodies like Exem doesn't convert well there's a flat chest one that doesn't convert well a LAB body that is really really bad if a armor contains that body and you try to convert it you will get a pile of junk. Right down the middle of the front and back from the neck to the crotch you will get this big line that literally looks like a welder cut the body down the middle welded it back together and then used a grinder to grind the weld down plus the legs get welded together. Just the other day I ran into another one the impractical body suit 2 the one that I linked to in the what mod is it thread and posted a few screenshots of the lowerbody the lowerbody looks like a mosaic after running it through the clothing converter.

I tend to get more clipping but that is mostly caused by me since I usually paste bodies into a outfit/armor to fix broken bodies as I usually tend to remove pieces of something or add transparency to them at times after conversions. I just use the scale vertices in nifskope. 

I'm a huge fan of Colourwheel 'mods and i was very disappointed by her choice but i started to modding because i was thinking she used the " M" lower , but not . It's the " original " one from RAIAR /MadCat221 , but second Edition , so the one called " original " O" in Electrro 's mod.

Your post reminds me of a problem I had with the Apachii Goddess Store the first time I installled the EVE BodyStock & Clothing Replacer (which contains the RAIAR original HGEC lowerbody *). Some of the items sold in the store, like Venus latex longboots, had serious problems of clipping since they were designed for a different HGEC lowerbody (not sure now if it was M or L but it matters little since the main difference between these two concentrates in the butt region, I think).

Oh, and I took note of the modders war happening back in 2009. The Coronerra BBB animation were removed for some time, it seems. I wonder if they are available for downoad now (too lazy to check myself :lol: ).

*EDIT

EVE Stock replacer actually contains 3 options for lowerbody: EBE, Normal and Wide. The original you're referring to should be the Normal.

optimize with PyFFI and NifSkope first.

What's the exact procedure?

I've posted it somewhere on here before, I'll see if I can find it, but in the mean time it's pretty much this:

1. Open the target NIF (or set of NIFs) in NifSkope.

2. Examine the structure of the NIF itself, making immediate note of anything outside of Scene Root when it is closed. Those need to be removed. You highlight Scene Root and use Crop to Branch. Anything outside of it will be removed. In most cases it is okay and what you want. In a very rare case you may need to go back to the original and try to move stuff all inside of Scene Root, which is harder and more tedious. (See Note1 at bottom on this.)

post-18672-0-99526200-1429518558_thumb.jpg

* Make note that this is not a defective one, just a quick NIF I had on hand to show you Crop to Branch.

3. Next I run the following spells:

a. Optimize, Combine Properties and Remove Bogus Nodes

b. Batch, Update all Tangent Spaces, and then save here (you'll discover why in a moment.)

c. Batch, Make All Skin Partitions. It is at this point many of Colourwheel's and Krista's MODs will simply vaporize, *POOF! Hence the prior save. If it runs you're okay. If not running PyFFI on it will in most case fix the issue, so let's do that next

d. When you install PyFFi you get a nice right-click pop-up menu that looks like this:

post-18672-0-47317100-1429519197_thumb.jpg

In that example I clicked on an individual NIF, but you can use the same procedure for an entire folder, with some restrictions. Never run it on anything with a Havok node, like cave ceiling roots, some others are in that category, and never on heads, helmets or .egt files. Read up on PyFFi whe you have time for the rest.

e. So let's say you run it on that problematic NIF, when done reopen it now in NifSkope, and run Batch, Make All Skin Partitions. It should in most cases now complete the run and you'll see some dialog. You can close that and run the next spell.

f. Batch, Update All MOP Code.

g. I finish up with rearranging nodes to make them more human readable. Run Block, Sort By Name, then Sanitize, Reorder Blocks and Reorder Link Arrays, in that order. If you did it correctly all L nodes will be at the top, in order, followed by all R nodes in order.

post-18672-0-94530900-1429519803_thumb.jpg

You can actually run the above three spells, before those above. Doesn't matter BUT if you have to run PyFFi on the NIF because it has issues, it will mess up the human-readable ordering.

Note1: Often times these are NIFs that someone has added BBB or BB to. Instead of trying to figure out where all of those extraneous nodes are supposed to go, I go back to the originating NIF from the original MOD author. Often times it will be clean and I can just use gerra6's tools to add BBB or BB to it. Much more efficient use of my time.

Other ways to use PyFFi

You can extract an entire BSA or .omod file of meshes, run PyFFi on the entire folder and either use the loose files (my preference) or repack them into their BSA or .omod, or ZIP* or 7z and use WB BAIN. Before doing so make sure someone else hasn't already done it and posted it for others to use.

*Windows is optimized to use ZIP files, it reads them like any other file on the O/S, unlike 7z or other archive formats. There has been debate over loose files vs. BSA in the past, check posts in the Oblivion Technical forum for more.

That's about it, that's my process. Some will argue about certain points that they're not needed. One that definitely is, Update all Tangent Spaces, IF you run PyFFi on that NIF or a folder of NIFs. Why? That is still to this day broken in PyFFi as discovered by gerra6 a while back.

Cheers,

V

Your post reminds me of a problem I had with the Apachii Goddess Store the first time I installled the EVE BodyStock & Clothing Replacer (which contains the RAIAR original HGEC lowerbody *). Some of the items sold in the store, like Venus latex longboots, had serious problems of clipping since they were designed for a different HGEC lowerbody (not sure now if it was M or L but it matters little since the main difference between these two concentrates in the butt region, I think).

Oh, and I took note of the modders war happening back in 2009. The Coronerra BBB animation were removed for some time, it seems. I wonder if they are available for downoad now (too lazy to check myself :lol: ).

*EDIT

EVE Stock replacer actually contains 3 options for lowerbody: EBE, Normal and Wide. The original you're referring to should be the Normal.

Apachii Goddess Store is comprised of two main body types; HGEC and Exnem, and then various versions of those mixed in.

I really like some of the older bodies, but it was a personal choice to move to SetBody Reloaded as my core resources as I hate mismatched seems more. I also value standardized bodies which is part of what gerra6 (and movomo) achieved with reworking all of those bodies. Is it perfect? Maybe not, we can always find ways to improve on things. But it is IMO an evolutionary step for body types for Oblivion and all prior Body Replace MODs.