New Clothing Body Style Converter Beta v0.89f (10-26-2014)

When I try to convert 7B or UNPB to UNP, the area around the breasts often come out looking very crumpled. Is there some trick or tips to this?

I tried the default settings and then also tried using targets=3, search distance=25, and two-step. That made the conversion smoother, but still wasn't looking very good.

And is there a place with updated explanations of the options? The kgtools website and first post are outdated. In addition to the new options, I'm not even clear on basic things like whether the convertClothing parameters should match the makeLattice parameters. I kept them the same, but the old guide post doesn't have them matching, which makes me really want documentation to explain things more.

@nanashi50

There will always be warpage when converting from one body to another if the body is shaped weird or you are converting from flabby patty size to smaller. There are the constrain ones you can try and see if those effect those areas. Sometimes converting from one body to a different one it is better to use one or the other.

The _0 7BASES bullet titties will convert like crap if you try to convert a _0 armor/outfit it is because of the shape of the breast you will get a better conversion if you never ever use the _0 size for trying to do a conversion instead use the _1 size. Same with UNPB it is best to try the _0 size then the _1 size to see which one converts the best and use that size. I always pick one or the other either the _0 size or the _1 size after conversion I make a copy of the converted one and rename the copy to the _0/_1 size depending on which one I used.

Another option some do is after conversion is to throw them into a 3d tool like blender or 3d max to do touch up. Many outfits might look bad in nifskope if they are not rendered once rendered they usually look a lot better.

I just now notice that included is a tool called "UpdateTri", which sounds like EXACTLY what I need to fix the problem I've been having (the head mesh I want to use rearranges the vertici order, causing the .tri files to deform it badly), but I'm having trouble locating any documentation how to use the tool, either here or on your dev site. I don't suppose you could enlighten me...? :]

• 3 weeks later...

I need some help with this. I've installed Python 34 (3.4.3). I've installed PyFFI 2.2.2. to that folder. I've installed RC_89_k_Light to that folder.

I'm trying to make a lattice from Roberts NV body mesh to Breezes F3 mesh. I start Make Clothing Converter Lattice Options via the bat file. Choose Robert's mesh in File > Convert from. Choose Breezes mesh in File > Convert to. Right, but what do I do next? The miniguide in the OP sort of ends there. I can pick 3 Vertex targets etc. as the guide says, but how do I create the actual lattice?

If I click OK, the app closes without saving anything. If I choose Save as .lat (well, test.lat in my case), the end result is a 0 kB file.

Hm, the WinDOS window says that it's "unable to process".

Anyway, is there a guide for this that is more detailed than the pointers in the OP?

EDIT: OK, according to this guide, it is supposed to create the lattice when clicking OK, so something is up with my install it seems.

EDIT2: OK, reading back a couple of pages, someone recommended the Portable version and it seems to work. :)

EDIT3: But the resulting converted clothing mesh was completely messed up. :(

• 3 weeks later...

Don't lose heart, I've been hitting to a wall for a long time before making something useful with the converter.

Read the full thread (I know, sounds crazy, but I almost did it), it's like a gold mine if you can dig it.

The main reasons why the conversions can be unsuccessful are very few. Let's try to summarize them.

1. Python, PyFFI, or the Tool (or any combination of the three) are not installed correctly.

2. You are creating the lattice using the wrong source body.

This is a VERY common mistake. Some bodies or variants are indeed difficult to identify correctly for the novice.

3. You are using unrealistic or wrong settings, either in the lattice generation phase, or during the conversion.

This is less common. Usually you can stick to the default values getting good results.

I managed to get a division by zero error once, using 0 for Growth Bias or Magnify Movement.

4. The clothing/armor you're trying to convert includes parts that are partial body meshes.

Sometimes these parts are defective (remember the KOTN armor, varenne?) and their initial defects are amplified when converting. When this happens, after the conversion, RemoveBranch these parts in Nifskope and replace them with the corresponding parts of the target body.

As your experience grows, you will learn when it's the case to use a full lattice (including hands and feet) or a simple lattice.

Also, the Customize Meshes button and the X-Y-Z Costraints offer additional options to improve the final result.

Trial and error is the way to go when you're undecided.

I won't talk about rigging because the Mesh Rigger tool discussion is the subject of a separate thread.

@ Ulithium_Dragon

I don't know of any "UpdateTri" tool, sorry.

Must be a newer version mine doesn't have updatetri.bat. I think I tried the newer version at one time but all it did was crash trying to do anything so I went back to the older version and haven't bothered trying it again.

Yes, it's part of the 91b beta where (I think) only the Seam Mender works properly.

Must be a newer version mine doesn't have updatetri.bat. I think I tried the newer version at one time but all it did was crash trying to do anything so I went back to the older version and haven't bothered trying it again.

Yes, it's part of the 91b beta where (I think) only the Seam Mender works properly.

Is that posted here in this thread or by PM? I don't see it posted any where on the KGTools Development Website Site.

Note for those trying to use RC_89_k_Light. Go to the KGTools Development Website Site, link is on the OP. Download versions RC_89_e through RC_89_k. Install e, then each upgrade after; f, g, h, etc. The way I believe gerra6 had it setup is as true upgrades to prior versions, so if you try to skip right to k, fixes and additions can be missed. 

Here's what my current 'tools' folder looks like:

post-18672-0-29962000-1436623030_thumb.jpg

I did this back in April to reset up all tools to the latest version and as far as I can tell have no issues, except Seam Mender, which is why I'm now looking for 91b...

Is that posted here in this thread or by PM? I don't see it posted any where on the KGTools Development Website Site.

Note for those trying to use RC_89_k_Light. Go to the KGTools Development Website Site, link is on the OP. Download versions RC_89_e through RC_89_k. Install e, then each upgrade after; f, g, h, etc. The way I believe gerra6 had it setup is as true upgrades to prior versions, so if you try to skip right to k, fixes and additions can be missed. 

Here's what my current 'tools' folder looks like:

attachicon.gifRC_89_k.jpg

I did this back in April to reset up all tools to the latest version and as far as I can tell have no issues, except Seam Mender, which is why I'm now looking for 91b...

I couldn't find any info on his dev site, which was why I asked here.

@varenne

PM sent.

I have sent him PM's before as well - he seems to be MIA atm.

I am using the light version and have the same problem as Minski: my lattice is 0kb big. I have a 64bit system so the portable version wont run for me. Anyone knows a solution/cause?

As your statement started with "I have the non-standard (light) version" and "it won't work", wouldn't the first thing to try be to try to "real" non-light version? I have no issues running Python Portable on my 64-bit system...

Don't lose heart, I've been hitting to a wall for a long time before making something useful with the converter.

Read the full thread (I know, sounds crazy, but I almost did it), it's like a gold mine if you can dig it.

The main reasons why the conversions can be unsuccessful are very few. Let's try to summarize them.

1. Python, PyFFI, or the Tool (or any combination of the three) are not installed correctly.

2. You are creating the lattice using the wrong source body.

This is a VERY common mistake. Some bodies or variants are indeed difficult to identify correctly for the novice.

3. You are using unrealistic or wrong settings, either in the lattice generation phase, or during the conversion.

This is less common. Usually you can stick to the default values getting good results.

I managed to get a division by zero error once, using 0 for Growth Bias or Magnify Movement.

4. The clothing/armor you're trying to convert includes parts that are partial body meshes.

Sometimes these parts are defective (remember the KOTN armor, varenne?) and their initial defects are amplified when converting. When this happens, after the conversion, RemoveBranch these parts in Nifskope and replace them with the corresponding parts of the target body.

As your experience grows, you will learn when it's the case to use a full lattice (including hands and feet) or a simple lattice.

Also, the Customize Meshes button and the X-Y-Z Costraints offer additional options to improve the final result.

Trial and error is the way to go when you're undecided.

I won't talk about rigging because the Mesh Rigger tool discussion is the subject of a separate thread.

@ Ulithium_Dragon

I don't know of any "UpdateTri" tool, sorry.

Greetings.

Salut ... Quiet The Tail ... ;°) , et chapeau pour ton anglais !

Voilà qui est bien écrit ( et décrit aussi ...) enfin un "anglais" clair, compréhensif  et accessible aux non-anglophones . 

Bravo.

Bises.

I am using the light version and have the same problem as Minski: my lattice is 0kb big. I have a 64bit system so the portable version wont run for me. Anyone knows a solution/cause?

Try using different versions of the tools (latest versions may be incremental updates, as varenne said).

If nothing helps, downgrade your Python + PyFFI installation and retry. This is how I started:

Python 3.2.5 full installer + PyFFI v2.2.2, kgtools v0.89f

it's tested and guaranteed on a 32 bit machine.

Recently I installed also Python 3.3.5 (in a different folder) and there was a slight problem installing PyFFI for it.

The workaround is copying the pyffi related files (from the previous Python installation) in the new folder.

Fact 1

The portable versions should run on any O/S, whether it is 32 or 64-bit O/S you are using does not matter an iota.

Recommend 1

When installing Python IMO you should go with 32-bit Python and not 64, unless you plan on doing Python scripting now or in the future and even then I don't recommend it. (Not till it becomes as rock solid as 32-bit.)

Recommend 2

Read up on what versions of Python each of the various tools use; PyFFi, NifSkope, etc and install them all. I've posted either here or elsewhere all the versions I use.

'nuff said. ;)

"tri_update", "modify_normals", "fix_face_normals" are all part of "seam_mender"

"change_weights", "clean_nif"  are part of "mesh_rigger"

To use "update .tris" open seam_mender.py and you will see a button called mend tri files.

And if you haven't guessed by now what it does, it aligns vertex normals to get rid of hard edges that may occur with UV splits or bad smooth groups.

modify_normals is what fixes them though, tri_update propagates the fix to the .tris.

It should also try to align the vertex normals at the seam of the head/body (and probably the hands/feet) if i remember correctly..

• 3 weeks later...

So I want to install this and give it a go. But having problems just installing it at this point.

The install directions...

Portable Package:

1. Extract downloaded .7z file to the folder of your choice.

Upgrade Package:

1. Extract the 'PythonPortable' folder from the downloaded .7z file into your existing Clothing Converter Portable install.

2. Allow it to overwrite any files/folders when prompted

Light Download:

1. Install Python 3.3 or 3.4. http://python.org/do...releases/3.3.3/(64 bit recommended if you are working with very large nifs)

2. Install Pyffi 3K http://sourceforge.n...les/pyffi-py3k/

3. Extract Clothing converter to your preferred location in your computer.

4. *Optional* Extract the .bat files in the 'Optional bat_files.7z'.

4.a open the .bat files with a text editor.

4.b change the 'python.exe' to the path to the python install from step 2 and save

4.c run the tools using the .bat file instead of the .py file.

1) Did that, extracted it to C:Games folder

1 & 2) Extracted the upgrade to the portable folder, but never got prompts to overwrite. So does it need to go into a specific folder inside of the portable folder?

1 & 2) Installed Python and Pyffi. Pyffi told me a Python version able to read blahblahblah wasn't detected, but I installed the linked Python version.

3) Not sure what to extract here where it says "clothing converter". I thought it was already extracted? :lol:

4) Haven't extracted the option bat files yet. Nothing I've tried will actually run so not sure I wanna' mess with optionals yet.