New Clothing Body Style Converter Beta v0.89f (10-26-2014)

So is it possible to convert smaller breasted clothing to larger breasted ones? Can't seem to get it to work - the outputed clothing seems to end up fitting the new body style in every way except for the breast area. I even tried mesh rigger to make sure it didn't have anything to do with bones, still no dice. In gerra6's main post he only shows a clothing conversion from large breasted to small breasted outfit.

@RapidWaterOver

Small to bigger is the one that usually comes out looking the best usually big to small can have warppage. 1. What game is it for? 2. What is your template body nif and outfit nif you are trying to convert? 3. Screenshot of said outfit front and side view so we can see what might be the cause. Mesh rigger only adds/removes bone nodes and redo's the stuff attached to each thing in nif.

I think I know the problem your seeing. Some of the stuff I've tried to alter tends to hang off/in the body. When you go with say a tight fitting outfit, it gets rapped under the breast. It mainly happens when I try going from C cup to DM size. I've also had a odd warping happen when I tried changing a DM to the smaller version of the Perfect Slut boob.

@RapidWaterOver

Small to bigger is the one that usually comes out looking the best usually big to small can have warppage. 1. What game is it for? 2. What is your template body nif and outfit nif you are trying to convert? 3. Screenshot of said outfit front and side view so we can see what might be the cause. Mesh rigger only adds/removes bone nodes and redo's the stuff attached to each thing in nif.

1. Morroblivion

2. DRMA fine tuned, hand full of armors/clothing that doesn't use Oblivion armor

3. This is an example - I haven't bothered unpacking the textures for the armors since I'm not editing those. Breast area remains unchanged, but the rest of the armor follows the contour of the body (close enough at least, and I don't mind if there's very slight gaps and seams).

T4NydWW.png

I think I know the problem your seeing. Some of the stuff I've tried to alter tends to hang off/in the body. When you go with say a tight fitting outfit, it gets rapped under the breast. It mainly happens when I try going from C cup to DM size. I've also had a odd warping happen when I tried changing a DM to the smaller version of the Perfect Slut boob.

I haven't had any trouble with warping with Oblivion, only with some New Vegas armor, which I gave up on and just copied some bnb armor and then changed the texture to what I wanted instead.

@RapidWaterOver

I think I see your problem or what might be causing your problem. Try this find a upper and lower body that will fit under the armor if there is minor clipping that will be fine as you will be deleting the body out later.

What I usually do is find a upper and lower body that will work make copies of them and then load the lower body up and copy each bone node branxh by right clicking the bone node line and going to block - copy branch then load the upper body up and right click scene root and go to block - paste branch then save as to overwrite the nif repeat till all bone nodes are in the upper body nif then load the lower body back up and right click the lower body mesh and go to block - copy branch then load the upper body up again and right click scene root and go to block - paste branch then save as once again.

Now that you have that done load up the armor if and right click the armor and go to block - copy branch then load up your new body nif right click scene root and go to block - paste branch then save as.

Use that as your target file and use the body you pasted the armor onto as your template body and try the clothing converter again and see if that works. Sometimes I have had problems converting stuff that doesn't have a body under them or there is a body under them but the mesh is broken/holey.

If it still doesn't work it might be the model even more so if the model is a beth model as those vanilla armors tend to never convert nice at all ever. It might also be the TO template body mesh causing the problems I have run across a few bodies in oblivion that are flawed. Or you can upload the nif file and someone might test and see if they can get it working for you. You might have to provide a copy of your to template file.

• 4 weeks later...

I keep getting a No Vertices Found error when I use the make_lattice.bat after I export my nif from blender. The mesh worked fine  before I imported and exported it through blender.

Please Help.

I know this is a very old post, and there isn't actual support for this tool anymore, but I'm having the exact same error, and I really, really need to find a way to fix it.

The mesh I'm using is the Argonian female head from CITRUS. I know this tool wasn't exactly made for use with this kind of meshes, but I tried using it on the CITRUS Khajiit head and it worked just fine. Also running it through Mesh Rigger works fine and the vertices are properly recognized; it's only Make_Lattice that throws that error and closes.

Any help with this?

I keep getting a No Vertices Found error when I use the make_lattice.bat after I export my nif from blender. The mesh worked fine  before I imported and exported it through blender.

Please Help.

I know this is a very old post, and there isn't actual support for this tool anymore, but I'm having the exact same error, and I really, really need to find a way to fix it.

The mesh I'm using is the Argonian female head from CITRUS. I know this tool wasn't exactly made for use with this kind of meshes, but I tried using it on the CITRUS Khajiit head and it worked just fine. Also running it through Mesh Rigger works fine and the vertices are properly recognized; it's only Make_Lattice that throws that error and closes.

Any help with this?

Are you trying to convert a hood or helmet? Be careful with those. When the mesh is optimized something gets likely screwed up. About your problem with the lattice generation, I have no clue. Are you using a fullbody+head as template, or just the head? Try both.

Are you trying to convert a hood or helmet? Be careful with those. When the mesh is optimized something gets likely screwed up. About your problem with the lattice generation, I have no clue. Are you using a fullbody+head as template, or just the head? Try both.

I'm actually trying to morph the head itself. I have a modified Argonian head that got its vertex count/order altered by mistake during the edit process, so the original head morphs no longer work due to the mismatch.

As I said, some time ago I used Clothing Converter to morph the Hi-Poly CITRUS Khajiit head to match the shape of the Lioness head from Catlike Khajiit (which uses the low-poly vanilla head mesh) using the UV as a reference, and it worked almost flawlessly. I wanted to do the same to morph the original head into my new shape while keeping the vertex count and order intact, using the UV as a reference as well, but I get the "No vertices found" error. Oddly enough, if I load the head into any of the other utilities like for example Mesh Rigger, it works fine and the vertices are properly recognised. It's only Make Lattice that throws that error.

Anyway, the modder that edited the head is going to do it again but this time without altering the vertices, so I guess I actually won't be needing it. Still, I would like to know what causes the error on that tool only and not in any of the others.

• 5 months later...

@darkdill

I wasn't getting the error that you have been getting I just got a crash when it hit a certain piece and looking at the save file for the clothing converter it listed what caused it to crash at the bottom. It actually only dislikes one piece of that armor namely the LHandArmor piece and maybe the NHand I can't remember if the NHand was also causing it to crash. Once I was deleted out the LHandArmor part and maybe the NHand part and when I ran the converter again it didn't crash and was able to convert it.

Any way I can convert CBBE/UNP to TBD (Touched by dibella)? Sadly the body has no bodyslide files so the only way to convert things would be this funky tool.

I used it for other bodies and always worked incredibly fine with standard settings.

But not with this body. It converts, but the armor/body is heavily disorted or fucked up in some way or another.
I have no idea what the settings are/do and what to change to achieve better results. I tried and its always the same.

Not sure where the problem is. Maybe its the lattice. Maybe the converter itself.

It's probably the body. The clothing converter works best if it's UNP to UNP or CBBE to CBBE as CBBE and UNP have different UV maps not sure what variation TBD is from. Also you will get huge distorts if you are going from huge boobs to small boobs.

If you are converting something and both bodies use different UV maps you can't use the UV search you must use skin only. Also some bodies have massive flaws in them and when the body gets scanned it scans everything including the flawss. 

@darkdill

I wasn't getting the error that you have been getting I just got a crash when it hit a certain piece and looking at the save file for the clothing converter it listed what caused it to crash at the bottom. It actually only dislikes one piece of that armor namely the LHandArmor piece and maybe the NHand I can't remember if the NHand was also causing it to crash. Once I was deleted out the LHandArmor part and maybe the NHand part and when I ran the converter again it didn't crash and was able to convert it.

That's what I suspected was going on, but this creates a slight dilemma for me. I want to use those armors as replacers for the Arena Raiments, but said Raiments take up 4 slots: torso, legs, feet, and hands. If I remove the gloves from the mesh, won't the hands become invisible?

I'd like to avoid that, if possible, so how would I re-add the gloves onto the mesh once it's converted? I'm kind of a noob with NifSkope.

@darkdill

Oblivion nifs use NiSkinInstance which is kind of like BSDismemberSkinInstance for skyrim except that with NiSkinInstance there are no slots to select in the nif and so all you have to do is change the slots for it in the .esp instead using the creation set. When you have the hand slot selected in a .esp for a armor/outfit it thinks there are hands in the nif so player hands are not used when the slot is removed it thinks there are no hands in the nif and so it will use your players hands instead.

If you are going to use it as a replacer you might have to changes it's name to the name of the armor you are going to replace in game make a folder pathway for it that is the same as the one in the BSA for the armor nif and then find that armor in the CS and change it slots to work for your replacer one.

I don't do much replacer stuff I tend to just shove everything into a .esp I made instead so not sure if that is the correct way to do a replacer or not.

@darkdill

Oblivion nifs use NiSkinInstance which is kind of like BSDismemberSkinInstance for skyrim except that with NiSkinInstance there are no slots to select in the nif and so all you have to do is change the slots for it in the .esp instead using the creation set. When you have the hand slot selected in a .esp for a armor/outfit it thinks there are hands in the nif so player hands are not used when the slot is removed it thinks there are no hands in the nif and so it will use your players hands instead.

If you are going to use it as a replacer you might have to changes it's name to the name of the armor you are going to replace in game make a folder pathway for it that is the same as the one in the BSA for the armor nif and then find that armor in the CS and change it slots to work for your replacer one.

I don't do much replacer stuff I tend to just shove everything into a .esp I made instead so not sure if that is the correct way to do a replacer or not.

I know how replacers work. Also, you didn't quite answer my question about how to add the glove meshes back on after a conversion.

@darkdill

and

Myuhinny

In LArmorHcup_BlueGlove the LHand does not have a 0 NiNode Scene Root in the NiSkinInstance so it does not know where or what it is a part of in relation to the rest of the body. Blender wont even open it.  Different than Slots set in the CS.

Perhaps Meshrigger can work that out?

You can try to convert without the LHand branch (rightclick on LHand->block->RemoveBranch. save it.)

In your old nif, rightclick on LHand->Block->Copy Branch.

Open your new converted nif in nifscope (a new instance), rightclick on scene root->Block->Paste Branch.

update tangent spaces, remove bogus nodes, and save.

Load it up in oblivion and hope it does not crash ;)

Mem

• 1 month later...

Noobish question here. Read mem4ob4's tutorial, but it doesn't seem to cover this bit.

When setting up a lattice to convert from CBBE to UNP, how do I know which version of CBBE's base meshes is correct: slim, vanilla, or curvy? Does it matter at all?

Most CBBE armours simply state they're CBBE, which of course means they'll adapt to whichever CBBE body the player is using when installed as a regular mod, but do I need to use a specific mesh for setting up the Clothing Converter lattice?

EDIT: After some experimentation, it seems using the Vanilla CBBE mesh as the base for the lattice works best for being faithful to the body the outfit is applied to, but the other two give you room to play around. Slim gets you a curvier end body and Curvy gets you a slimmer end body.

Hopefully I'm doing this right and not messing anything up - please let me know if there's something I'm overlooking!

Just make sure when you are converting from CBBE to UNP or UNP to CBBE or if you are converting from any bodies that do not have matching UV maps that you have UV search turned off as UV search is for 2 bodies that have matching UV maps. CBBE and UNP have different UV maps so it'll convert wrong if you use UV search option. Can't remember if vertex index search is suppose to be off as well or not but I do know that the skin option is suppose to be turned on.

Just make sure when you are converting from CBBE to UNP or UNP to CBBE or if you are converting from any bodies that do not have matching UV maps that you have UV search turned off as UV search is for 2 bodies that have matching UV maps. CBBE and UNP have different UV maps so it'll convert wrong if you use UV search option. Can't remember if vertex index search is suppose to be off as well or not but I do know that the skin option is suppose to be turned on.

I don't actually see an option to turn UV matching off (or on) when I run Convert Clothing.bat? The four categories I see are Vertex Movement, Vertex Search, Gender Selection, and Alternate Constrain.

EDIT: Oh I see. It's when you actually make the lattice. Shoot. I better rebuild those lattices then. I didn't notice any weight issues on the armour I converted as a test, but it wasn't an armour with HDT physics and was very form-fitting, so there's not much to move. I would have missed that completely.

Thanks for the tip!

• 2 weeks later...

I just discovered this great tool, it saved me! I thought I would have no hope of finding another way to convert armor without the other tool that is more famous and I do not want to mention! I can only say that I appreciate it! Thanks.