New Clothing Body Style Converter Beta v0.89f (10-26-2014)

@QuiteTheTail

No actually Gerra6's blog kgtools.org has expired on Sunday, October 11, 2015 and will soon be canceled. Which is what you see when clicking on the kgt link in the first post.

Oh no! This blog’s domain kgtools.org expired yesterday!

Unfortunately you cannot access this blog from kgtools.org any more. This domain name expired on Sunday, October 11, 2015 and will soon be canceled.

Please contact the owners of this website and remind them to renew this domain before it’s too late. They need your help!

Don’t worry, you’ll still be able to view the content of this blog at this web address: kgtools.wordpress.com.

I see.

I wanted to give this a try after reading most of the comments (ok not all 56 pages but a lot of it!).   Is the download link not working anymore?

My apologies. I should have checked before replying. You can still get the files from the wordpress link.

@Mimirue17

You have to read the whole thing instead of just glancing at something as it says at the bottom where you can still find everything at it is only stating that the blog has expired.

Don’t worry, you’ll still be able to view the content of this blog at this web address: ******kgtools.wordpress.com******.

Will have to PM Gerra6 and hope he sees it.

@QuiteTheTail

No actually Gerra6's blog kgtools.org has expired on Sunday, October 11, 2015 and will soon be canceled. Which is what you see when clicking on the kgt link in the first post.

Oh no! This blog’s domain kgtools.org expired yesterday!

Unfortunately you cannot access this blog from kgtools.org any more. This domain name expired on Sunday, October 11, 2015 and will soon be canceled.

Please contact the owners of this website and remind them to renew this domain before it’s too late. They need your help!

Don’t worry, you’ll still be able to view the content of this blog at this web address: kgtools.wordpress.com.

thanks, was able to get it from the bottom link there :) sorry for not reading all the way.

Finally got the tools updated up to version 0.89k, and they work fine on my end. If someone have problems with Python Portable, I can provide an all-in one package for a resident Python33 installation (including piffy libraries and modified bat files). I can't assure they will work for you (depending on your OS architecture and other factors), so do it just as last resort. Remember to backup your Python33 folder before doing anything stupid.

Tools RC 0.89k for resident Python33.7z

And of corse, consider making a donation for those who provided these fine tools.

• 2 weeks later...

I installed portable version v.0.89.e and then upgraded to v.0.89.k. I went to make a lattice from a E top body to a Manga top body. The problem being is the lattice saved as a file with 0.0 bytes and consequently no clothing conversion works. Any ideas why the lattice would save as a 0.0 byte file?

I installed portable version v.0.89.e and then upgraded to v.0.89.k. I went to make a lattice from a E top body to a Manga top body. The problem being is the lattice saved as a file with 0.0 bytes and consequently no clothing conversion works. Any ideas why the lattice would save as a 0.0 byte file?

In the folder where you extracted your files, there should be a Save folder. See if there's make_lattice log file in there, which might say what happened.

Also, for what it's worth, I've always had better luck using all four body sections in both the From and To folders, rather than just the upper or lower body. You can hold down the Ctrl key to select all four body sections.

i have gotten this mod working and have converted a number of clothing sets. There is one small problem when I go to use the Convert Clothing.bat and when I wish to use the 'Customise Mesh' option. When the options come up I am unable to see all the options for the various parts of the mesh if the mesh has more than 6 pieces to it. There is no way to scroll across, and I cannot make the window wider even at max desktop resolution. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I don't think much can be done with that, other than reducing the number of pieces from your current 6 to something low enough you can see all options.

Based on memory, that was about where gerra6 left off. So it needs code rework in order to either have more windows off of the main Customize Mesh one; Customize Mesh1, Customize Mesh2, Customize Mesh3, etc., or just make it a scroll-able window.

Yeah mesh rigger has that same problem if using a skeleton instead of a mesh you will get this huge screen with no way of clicking anything and Gerra6 said to either not use a skeleton or to use a skeleton that doesn't have too many nodes in it. So I always use a nif instead of a skeleton.

i have gotten this mod working and have converted a number of clothing sets. There is one small problem when I go to use the Convert Clothing.bat and when I wish to use the 'Customise Mesh' option. When the options come up I am unable to see all the options for the various parts of the mesh if the mesh has more than 6 pieces to it. There is no way to scroll across, and I cannot make the window wider even at max desktop resolution. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Personally I tend to "Remove Branch" some of the meshes before processing the nif (as varenne said). Usually decorative elements, belts and straps, little objects that are likely to deform in impredictable ways (usually bad). If the settings are good, I repeat the process excluding some of the meshes already converted, including those that were left out in the first pass. Finally I join all the converted pieces in Nifskope.

What I do is when something is huge in size is to make 2 copies of the nif delete upper out of one lower out of the other one then make more copies of those 2 and delete a few things out till you get all of the nifs to a desirable size. This can be used as well for other things like the Customise Mesh option not sure though as I have never used that option before.

For simple separate hand & foot items, uppers, lowers (mostly uppers/lowers) the Customise Mesh option has some value, with especially problematic meshes. It allows you to experiment with various settings to try and improve end results, where things get especially wonky. But because it is so much more tedious I tend to avoid it 99.999% of the time.

i encountered a lot of clipping, but i could not find the function to add some space between skin and clothes.

this was told to be one feature, yet it seems it has been removed.

Padding. Good values are 0.1 or 0.2

Also, running again the mesh rigger on the converted outfit (using the target body as template) is a good idea and can solve some clipping cases. If you experience clipping in one or two isolated points, you can also move them in Nifskope (AnnaFly taught me how to do it). Select the mesh, and select its NiTriStripData/NiTriShapeData node.

In the details view, expand and browse the vertices in the list, keeping an eye at Nifskope's main window. At some point the vertex will be highlighted (yellow). Try changing the float value for x,y or z a bit to fix the problem and save the file. No need to import/edit/export in Blender.

there's no option for padding in the version of the converter that i use (RC89k).

i'll see if i can use the other version uploaded lately. that version is the same.

i don't see why that feature is removed in it.

i downloaded your repackaged version and now went to doanload python.

the only good file for windows i could find is the 3.5.0 from python.org.

wish me luck :(

it didn't work

serious rant ahead:

Wow, i LOVE Python!

the 3.5.0 download marked as win x86 executable installs into some place without asking for a destination folder, then after i finally find it and copy your KGT in there, it results in "python.exe is not a valid win32 executable."

that's aslmost the same like the other python tool i wanted to use externally on minecraft, which wouldn't work until you manually downloaded 20 python libs manually from 10 different places, each after download pointing out the next one was missing. it took me hours to get it running, just to tell me that the servers it wanted to get mapdata fgrom didnt exist anymore.

i f****ing hate python.

so, how can i get this running with padding?

i downloaded your repackaged version and now went to doanload python.

the only good file for windows i could find is the 3.5.0 from python.org.

wish me luck :(

This page contains all past versions of Python for windows:

https://www.python.org/downloads/windows/

My 89k version of the tools runs fine with the msi installer for version 3.3.5

PyFFI files are already included in the archive I posted, and come from PyFFI 2.2.2

Both installers were for the 32-bit versions of Windows.

so, how can i get this running with padding?

Supierce already answered your question.

the reply i got for reporting my problem:

Others have replied that the installer has a fix for the next release
which will highlight this sooner. I would point out that we have
gradually dropped support for *several* win32-based systems over the
last few years, more or less following Microsoft's own deprecation
regime. Win9x was dropped in 2.6; 2000 was dropped in 3.3.

There's a balance to be had in everything: every system we support adds
some burden of maintenance. There's no pro-Linux conspiracy here: just
the development team making pragmatic choices about maintenance and support.

so, py333 would still work on XP.

i'll try it with 3.3.5 now.

Yeah, Vista was sort of okay, for my laptop PC. I held out with XP for the longest time, then moved to Win7 64-bit. Not upgrading to Win8 or 10, so back to a holding pattern for now. Doing that I will as always need to keep abreast of apps/tools and their support/non-support. Comes with the territory, when not upgrading at light-speed.

It takes Micro$oft a minimum of 6 months to begin fixing a known buggy release of their O/S, another 6 to 12 to make it sort of 'solid', if they actually ever can. And then they release another crap release. Part of their (flawed and dysfunctional) business model, still to this day...

I don't think any distro of Linux is ever going to be able to support DirectX natively, due entirely to Micro$oft.'s control of it. And anything even remotely MS or commercial in nature is not welcomed with open arms in the open source community, for various reasons still to this day. Much of it, I feel, has to do with navigating licensing issues.

I've also tried emulators for Windows games, some work better than others. With very little support for Oblivion on Linux, you'd be pretty much on your own. Not a path I'd recommend for anyone belonging to the Plug & Play Crowd, or even moderately technically challenged.

• 1 month later...