Apparently, this is what LL's reputation is like

GrimReaper

http://halofarm.tumblr.com/post/76619634408/architeuthisinfitialis-just-to-be-clear

http://kyerea.tumblr.com/post/76631831424/kalilies-iamthekingofsass-halofarm

Quoting the best parts:

So let’s recap, the site basically allows the stealing of not just official game content from developers who have specifically stated they don’t want their content to be used in such a manner. The community of LL, is also full of wafiu-lovers, weeaboos, wapanese, pedos, DMCA-violators, mod stealers and hypocrites. Well, it’s no big surprise that mod authors are leaving the site in droves.

Loverslab: Stealing your shit because we can’t make our own.

Cesspool of individuals that copy and/or steal the work of others (usually from Nexus users ironically) and then claim it as their own super-original work.

Now, I don't know what LoversLab they know, because the website I know doesn't do anything like that. I admit that LL may not have the perfect community but honestly, no one has. I don't think that flinging shit at others from your own comfort zone is a very smart thing to do, either. As far as I know, sharing "stolen" mods on LL is not allowed. If you see something that's yours and another person is sharing that, all you need to do is contact one of the moderators here and the stuff gets taken down.

Also I want to mention that some of the mods that get created - yes, made from scratch, not stolen from the nexus or elsewhere - here is way beyond what the average modder can do. That being said, I never saw someone here claiming someone else's work as his own. That's a problem of the steam workshop, not LL.

He or that valley girl better come down here with chrome guts and see for themselves what we really do.

To Halo: I appreciate your mods and enjoy using them, but don't try to be like the pot who called the kettle black. Remember why you left the Nex.

Wait, so one of them is that known idiot Halofarm (also worth mentioning how Pinup is the usual cause of CTD on load), and the other is some other retard that takes the first idiot's post and writes something that is at the very least half bollocks.  Not sure if he's talking about that Lady Body controversy in all that DMCA crap, but I can't, for the life of me, think of anything that is remotely relevant to DMCA.

Seeing as I don't make mods, I won't go into the whole mod stealing discussion.  I'll just point out how weird it seems to me when someone works on something, posts it online for free, someone else finds it, posts it someplace else but doesn't take credit for it, then the modder goes apeshit because the mod is posted somewhere else.  I could get it if money's involved in some way obviously, but most modders that run around shouting theft don't strike me as people who had monetary issues regarding their mods, when they're credited normally.  But I guess some modders are weird creatures or something.

I understand Honey Vanity's point. Seeing the stuff you made and shared getting butchered for some of the content is not nice. It's not Honey Vanity, it's the responses to her post, which are kinda out of place. No one uploaded her stuff here and said "look at what nice textures I made", no. The only thing that was done was providing a link to her blog where she shares her stuff. So it went from "I don't like it when you dl my stuff only for the textures" to "LL is a thieves den full of retards and perverts who got rejected everywhere else".

(Pinup without the proper FNIS procedure of installing animation mods will cause a CTD. I have the latest version of Pinup, and you better admire Fores for coming down here for dev talk and one-on-one discussion with the end users.)

Seeing as I don't make mods, I won't go into the whole mod stealing discussion.  I'll just point out how weird it seems to me when someone works on something, posts it online for free, someone else finds it, posts it someplace else but doesn't take credit for it, then the modder goes apeshit because the mod is posted somewhere else.  I could get it if money's involved in some way obviously, but most modders that run around shouting theft don't strike me as people who had monetary issues regarding their mods, when they're credited normally.  But I guess some modders are weird creatures or something.

The worse had to be those making payware for The Sims, and there are modders who are so proprietary and defensive about their work that any digital alteration, even remotely, is considered as a form of gang rape.

And LL is Deviantart? Really? I've gone to dA and browsed for some interesting stuff, but never to make an account because of the mostly insecure userbase, and then my experience with Nexus convinced me that it is more like dA in terms of the immaturity going on.

Wait, so one of them is that known idiot Halofarm (also worth mentioning how Pinup is the usual cause of CTD on load), and the other is some other retard that takes the first idiot's post and writes something that is at the very least half bollocks.  Not sure if he's talking about that Lady Body controversy in all that DMCA crap, but I can't, for the life of me, think of anything that is remotely relevant to DMCA.

Well, I don't think Halofarm is an idiot, albeit he flinging shit at others from his own blog is neither smart nor nice. It's a cozy comfort zone where he can do whatever he wants without any repercussion whatsoever. The thing is his statement is just plain wrong and insulting. He basically says that LL is a place for people who are too lazy or untalented to create anything on their own and just steal things. And I really, really don't know what has brought him to say that. Because this isn't true.

When people ask for this or that mod, most of the time they get either A ) a link to the author's blog or site or B ) the link directly to mediafire/mega/whateverfilehoster that you can find on the author's blog or site.

I'm not familiar with the content the people in those posts are referring to, but I can assure them or anybody that if they contact us with a permission issue that they can expect our full cooperation and utmost respect.

I don't recall a single time when a modder has contacted us with allegations of a loverslab user stealing their content and we haven't completely satisfied their request. We have every time, and always will, 100% take the original content creators side in any such dispute. 

That said, not me nor none of the moderators scan every single upload for potentially stolen content, that's a ridiculous expectation not to mention completely infeasible for a site run solely by unpaid volunteers. We act on reported content; be it from an average user pointing use to the original creators policy or the original creator of the stolen content themselves. But ultimately the responsibility lies with the original creator of said content to ask for the removal of their content if they don't approve of it being here, or at the very least to make their position on mirrors made clear.

Case & Point: The author of the SG Hair pack asked us a single time, with just a simple and quick message, to no longer provide their popular Skyrim hair pack. We've since locked or deleted every single thread/post we are aware of that so much as mentions the idea of downloading or even finding the hair pack elsewhere. A task myself or any moderator here can assure you, is not infrequent.

LOL, obviously know SFA about LL, 90% of our mods aren't available anywhere else online, so how can they be stolen?

Makes it sound like a big deal to be banned from Nexus, Nexus is they only site I've ever seen that proudly displays it's daily bannings on the front page of it's forums like a high scoreboard :P

I doubt they've even read a thread on this site before passing judgement. Not a week goes by on this site that someone has the door slammed in their face for trying to pirate a game or steal a mod. Unlike the Nexus the community here shuts those people out before the moderation even get to them. It's just less noticeable because the LL doesn't have a wall of shame like the nexus.

But honestly I just think that Halo doesn't understand. I've been following them for a while on their blog, when they want something they make it themselves, they don't really rely on others like we do here on LL. If we need help with a mod, we ask, if we need help squashing bugs, people here are willing to plug our mods in and test for each other. LL is a modding community, it runs on sharing.

A lot of Halo's mods have problems, they are nice but I can't really say that they ever get out of the beta faze that most public mods get out of. Halo gets a small amount of comments and emails about their mods so they can solve problems. Now LL has the advantage of not having a lot of outlandish bug reports like on the nexus, classic nexus bug report : "Your mod broke my game, fuck you!" but for Halo they have to fix their mods without the help of other practiced modders which takes far more time.

It's kind of like when you dog gets sick and you can either take them to the vet or try to treat them yourself, your dog has a lot better chances of survival at the vet but some people are willing to risk it's life and treat them by themselves. This is how a lot of Halo mods are functioning, a lot of people are using them but not a lot of people are helping them grow, causing them to become stagnant in progress.

----

Honey Vanity - "I didn't sell you my car so you could scrap it for parts."

Me - "tough."

Insults stemming from a blog? All I see are unfounded claims and a bunch of sycophants who want to remain in favor falling right in line. I've been here for a while now and I've seen a few instances where even the whiff of someone claiming credit or trying to post something that they had no permissions for was met with swift and fierce resistance and chastisement.

For some perspective, I also frequent a few other forums and most of the people I've talked to that know of this site have praised it and the creativity of the modders here.

The trouble with some people is that they like to close their eyes to reality, pretend in public that certain realities do not exist (Usually those very same people are the biggest perpetrators of the very things they claim to be against and accuse others of.). In a way I feel sorry for such people, after all, when something can be (and almost anything can be.) viewed in more than one way, the mind that takes it the wrong way is at fault, not those they accuse of their distorted views. An unfortunate fact of reality in online communities is that more often than not, people thrive on drama so where there is none, they will create some in order to feed their twisted need for such drama.

Tumblr is mad about nothing, as unusual.  Why's this news?

It's not about the tumblr crowd (at least for me), it's about seasoned modders spreading hate and lies for whatever reason. Halofarm has been around for, dunno, forever and I always liked his work and he was a pretty cool person, at least I thought so until now. I just can't wrap my head around that. I mean, yeah, Honey Vanity not liking people salvaging through her stuff is okay. It's her opinion and I can understand / respect that even though I do not share that view. But what followed that post was just insulting everyone who is here on LL and that is... sad.

I'm one of the few that don't know so I have to ask, "why is Halofarm persona non grata at Nexus or did he leave on his own accord?"

http://mod.dysintropi.me/about/

"I created this blog as a way to share all my mods in a singular place, without having to worry about permissions, and not having to worry about opinions on my work. People who are here are generally here to look at the mods, and not to bitch and moan."

I guess that's his reason.

What kind of drama is this anyway? Two ppl said something on tumbr and you guys make a deal out of it. I'm actually happy that LL have such a reputation, because it drives away a certain type of ppl the nexus is full of.

I just don't like it when people spread propaganda, especially if it comes from people you would normally respect.

well ragna and some people left after the pedo mod in the adult area that i really think that it should be deleted

im not kidding, everything has limits, even if its LL, some mods are just un-acepptable

thats why this site is getting more and more bad REP

What pedo mod and who is ragna? If you are talking about the children overhaul mods, LL rules are very clear, if there is any sexual content + children it gets taken down. I don't think there is any need to discuss this again, this has been done multiple times and the result was always the same.

LL gets a bad reputation mostly because of sex mods (because only degenerated autists use those, obviously) and the myth that LL is a paradise for thieves and pirates.

Archived