Just wanting to chime in here and say that I recently downloaded SiSl 4.3 and seem to not getting it to work as expected.

I tried using its integration with Prison Overhaul (plus 7e patch) to be sold after prison time. But while the jailer did give the whole "maybe you're better off as a slave" speech and used some kind of spell on me, it didn't actually do anything. The jailer wandered off and I stood there and wondered what happened. ^_^"

Same when trying to pick SiSl as the start option with Alternate Start - LAL. I can chose the Simple Slavery start under the "I'm a slave!" branch, but when I then go sleep on te bed to start it, the screen only goes black for a bit, then clears again and nothing happens.

For information, I have the following mods installed and checked in the SiSL MCM menu: SD+ 3.4.1b, Wolfclub (newest there is from Eptember 2015) and the Captured Dreams Shop (also the newest available version). All of these work correctly individually, but SiSl seems to not be able to call them/put the player char into them, so to speak.

And yes, this happens with a brand new game started. (Not some old, messed up savegame.)

Just wanting to chime in here and say that I recently downloaded SiSl 4.3 and seem to not getting it to work as expected.

I tried using its integration with Prison Overhaul (plus 7e patch) to be sold after prison time. But while the jailer did give the whole "maybe you're better off as a slave" speech and used some kind of spell on me, it didn't actually do anything. The jailer wandered off and I stood there and wondered what happened. ^_^"

Same when trying to pick SiSl as the start option with Alternate Start - LAL. I can chose the Simple Slavery start under the "I'm a slave!" branch, but when I then go sleep on te bed to start it, the screen only goes black for a bit, then clears again and nothing happens.

For information, I have the following mods installed and checked in the SiSL MCM menu: SD+ 3.4.1b, Wolfclub (newest there is from Eptember 2015) and the Captured Dreams Shop (also the newest available version). All of these work correctly individually, but SiSl seems to not be able to call them/put the player char into them, so to speak.

And yes, this happens with a brand new game started. (Not some old, messed up savegame.)

Perhaps you're mistaking my mod for another? SS doesn't have the dialogue you mentioned, nor does anyone cast any spells...

Uh oh. Looks like I fucked something up. Thanks for letting me know.

I think I found the root of the problem.

I installed 4.3 and replaced the SSLV_DAIntScript.pex script by the script from version 4.121. And simple slavery now works.

Now what I think is the issue with 4.3 is that, for some reason, akAggressor.GetCrimeFaction() != None returns FALSE

In 4.121 it caused no issue because of the check for bandit faction :

akAggressor.HasKeyword(ActorTypeNPC) && (akAggressor.IsInFaction(BanditFaction) || akAggressor.GetCrimeFaction() != None)

(TRUE AND (TRUE OR FALSE)) -> works

In 4.3, due to the removal of the bandit faction check, it's broken :

akAggressor.HasKeyword(ActorTypeNPC) && (akAggressor.GetCrimeFaction() != None)

(TRUE AND FALSE) -> doesn' work

Maybe drop the CrimeFaction check altogether ?

Yes, that line is the problem. I haven't had a chance to play with it yet.

Okay, I removed the crime faction line. now the only qualifier is person who defeats the player needs to be an npc. let me know if that doesn't work

I also possibly added Raven Beak Prison, but I had to guess at how to begin it, so let me know if it doesn't work.

Yes, I should test these things. Alas, no time. ;)

just getting back from vacation thought i'd chime in again

And I love all of you too.

I originally thought SD had a system wherein the closest npc would automatically claim you once the SD modevent was activated. My plan was to send the player into bandit or military camps so an owner would always be readily available. Not inns because I didn't want important npc's to be picked, thus possibly jeopardizing the save.

Alas, that theory is wrong. An owner must be named (same is true for Maria Eden, incidentally), so I had to create owners. There are six,I think, and thanks to Kana Red's amazing work, you can only access each one once each before SD is auto-deactivated in the SS mcm.

Okay, this turned out to be way more information than anyone asked for. Anyway, I didn't put them indoors because I didn't want them to be stuck in one place. But I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea to move then indoors, especially if I can get the faction thing working properly and can drop them in some of the bandit infested forts that litter the landscape.

as for being stuck in place I think the master goes for walks the minute you step outside least that what I've noticed in most recent versions of sd

Another option would be to have some of them moved indoors, and some given actual AI packages to go somewhere. I can't believe my PC is the only one wanting to travel Skyrim, but doing it alone is a bit dull. Though I don't know if, at that point, the SD AI takes over (which means it's out of your control).

Also, this is mostly a wild part of my tired head talking, but do you think it would be good to add a "training" phase before the auction? Or do you think it really should be the owners' responsibility to train the player? (if you look at real slavery, it's been done both ways, so I'm curious)

alt start owners start indoors and get a travel ai by default with sd

Version 4.3 adds Leon and Leah from Deviously Cursed Loot.

It also moves all of the SD owners to Nightgate Inn, which is already the hangout of the Submissive Lola masters. Actually, for now they're the same people. I will fix both of these problems at some point in the relatively near future.

It also makes Death Alternative send the player to the auction after most any defeat, not just bandits. If you don't want that happening, just adjust the various DA endings higher than SS's. 

It also removes whatever fix I made when version 4.12 became 4.121. I don't remember what that was, and somehow lost my local version of 4.121 and was unable to successfully extract everything from CGi's fancy FOMOD version of 4.121, so there's some sort of error floating around. If you find it, let me know and I'll fix it again.

Another option would be to have some of them moved indoors, and some given actual AI packages to go somewhere. I can't believe my PC is the only one wanting to travel Skyrim, but doing it alone is a bit dull. Though I don't know if, at that point, the SD AI takes over (which means it's out of your control).

Also, this is mostly a wild part of my tired head talking, but do you think it would be good to add a "training" phase before the auction? Or do you think it really should be the owners' responsibility to train the player? (if you look at real slavery, it's been done both ways, so I'm curious)

I have thought about a training phase, but I don't have the ability to consistently tie a slave's hands behind her back, say nothing of sticking her in various torture devices. If someone with more talent than I made a small training mod, I could attach it. 

i'll post that version if you'd like to sift thru it for anything else you missed

Simple Slavery 4.121.zip

I guess if you don't have any mods adding bandits, soldiers, hold patrols, animals, oh hell, several other mods that a stupid owner wanting to travel skyrim alone with a captive would run across, who would die within a mile or two, then of course a travel ai would be nice.  No, wait, still would be rather dumb.

That's why skyrimll change that - to many complaints (see above about master dying within a few miles on a trip to nowhere).

So, I DLed, tried to install, it fails because it says I don't have Skyrim.esm and Update.esm (I have both).

I tried validating files, 1 was missing and reclaimed, tried to install SS again, same thing happened.

Any ideas?

unzip the files and copy them to your data directory

So, I DLed, tried to install, it fails because it says I don't have Skyrim.esm and Update.esm (I have both).

I tried validating files, 1 was missing and reclaimed, tried to install SS again, same thing happened.

Any ideas?

may need to reinstall your mod manager.

Hi and thanks for a fun mod, I am trying the new version, 4.32, and it doesnt seem to see Ravens Beak. I am using RBP version 1.0 with the in thread patch but not the follower addon in a load order with Death Alternative and SD+. I have moved both SS and RBP around in my load order but it stays grey in the MCM with only SD+ showing as active. Any suggestions are appreciated and thanks for adding Ravens Beak to the list, its a really fun and different option over the regular slavery type.

Hi and thanks for a fun mod, I am trying the new version, 4.32, and it doesnt seem to see Ravens Beak. I am using RBP version 1.0 with the in thread patch but not the follower addon in a load order with Death Alternative and SD+. I have moved both SS and RBP around in my load order but it stays grey in the MCM with only SD+ showing as active. Any suggestions are appreciated and thanks for adding Ravens Beak to the list, its a really fun and different option over the regular slavery type.

Yep. Gray for me too. I can't find anything wrong in the code, though. Hmm...

I'm not seeing anything labeled raven in sslv_configscr in 4.32, the last entry is for mia

So uh, with mod organizer/fomod, even when I ticked the source box the source files didn't get extracted to the right folder. I manually opened the archive to copy past them from 20 Source Scripts

But... are these the old files from 4.2x? Their last modified date is 2016-1-7 and they don't contain anything related to raven?

PS What were you planning for FTD? I didn't think there was a decent entrance there to use, and now you have my curiosity

quoting this from sluts thread 

Hiyas, first thanks for the fun mod, I done a couple of runs before things started going wrong.

After being sold at simple slavery (again, I one unlucky chick) the cart man went through his whole chatty thing, but I saw a reply that said "You're not spose to see this" (or summit like that) I didn't click it cos I was scared. But it didn't stop the quest starting \o/

Next the cart got magiked up ok but then just flew off over the mountain in some kinda spinney whirly thing that I couldn't find :(

Next problem was cos I had a bad time before I got taken to be sold I was already in a gag, blindfolded, boots arm and leg bands and a arm binder (said I was having a bad time) Back to the point, cos I had armbinder on already I couldn't have the sluts one put on. This happened before but I could still pull cart :)

Soo anywho, I ran roughly in the direction of the speeding flying cart (I couldn't see it or find it) I just ran to whiterun. When I got there I eventually confessed to loosing my cart and got told to do another run :o This time the spell got cast but I had no cart :(

Oh and finally I can't pick the cart back up when I on a slope :(

I did read most of this thread and some have had these problems to, just letting you know I got em as well x

is there any kind of safe guards could be add from simple slavery to prevent this until sluts gets an update for it

-either remove the gag and armbinder before sending the player or temporarily disable sluts as an outcome until the devices are removed maybe

I'm not seeing anything labeled raven in sslv_configscr in 4.32, the last entry is for mia

So uh, with mod organizer/fomod, even when I ticked the source box the source files didn't get extracted to the right folder. I manually opened the archive to copy past them from 20 Source Scripts

But... are these the old files from 4.2x? Their last modified date is 2016-1-7 and they don't contain anything related to raven?

PS What were you planning for FTD? I didn't think there was a decent entrance there to use, and now you have my curiosity

Huh. If that's the case, something is messed up. I replaced all mention of FTD with Raven Beak. Guess I'll try repackaging.

I had a plan to connect to FTD, but it involved skipping the lengthy (albeit cool) introductory questline and starting where the player is unwittingly given to the creatures. Delzaron did not want that to happen, so I did not pursue finishing the connection.

quoting this from sluts thread 

Hiyas, first thanks for the fun mod, I done a couple of runs before things started going wrong.

After being sold at simple slavery (again, I one unlucky chick) the cart man went through his whole chatty thing, but I saw a reply that said "You're not spose to see this" (or summit like that) I didn't click it cos I was scared. But it didn't stop the quest starting \o/

Next the cart got magiked up ok but then just flew off over the mountain in some kinda spinney whirly thing that I couldn't find :(

Next problem was cos I had a bad time before I got taken to be sold I was already in a gag, blindfolded, boots arm and leg bands and a arm binder (said I was having a bad time) Back to the point, cos I had armbinder on already I couldn't have the sluts one put on. This happened before but I could still pull cart :)

Soo anywho, I ran roughly in the direction of the speeding flying cart (I couldn't see it or find it) I just ran to whiterun. When I got there I eventually confessed to loosing my cart and got told to do another run :o This time the spell got cast but I had no cart :(

Oh and finally I can't pick the cart back up when I on a slope :(

I did read most of this thread and some have had these problems to, just letting you know I got em as well x

is there any kind of safe guards could be add from simple slavery to prevent this until sluts gets an update for it

-either remove the gag and armbinder before sending the player or temporarily disable sluts as an outcome until the devices are removed maybe

Hmm...guess I could do an unequipall just as the player is sold. i also need to add the dhlp-suspend.