Not so much a bad thing when you think about it. The first few versions of the mod weren't as stable as it is now, so the newer version is better anyways.

(not bashing your old work BTW. just saying this mod improved a LOT over time)

Thanks to some very kind people who are way better at this modding thing than I am, that is true. If it were just me, it'd still be stuck in the days without an MCM and maybe half of the connected mods. Actually, it wouldn't work with DA, either. So, yeah, without the people listed in the description putting in their own time and effort, this mod would have crumpled and fell by the wayside long ago.

By the way, the mod seems to work fine for me and I'm still using 2.~ with Inte's patches. The only problem is that you have to ask the person you're sent to to enslave you, which isn't much different than submissive lola anyway.

If you mean the original Pet Collar mod, yes - both it and Lola require you to ask your follower to enslave you. That's just how those mods are made.

No sorry, I meant the old version of SD+. Even though the mod page requires a certain version, the older versions still seem to work fine if you're willing to start the enslavement yourself, rather than let the mod do it for you. You get teleported next to an NPC you can get enslaved to if you ask or let him kill you (IIRC).

By the way, the mod seems to work fine for me and I'm still using 2.~ with Inte's patches. The only problem is that you have to ask the person you're sent to to enslave you, which isn't much different than submissive lola anyway.

If you mean the original Pet Collar mod, yes - both it and Lola require you to ask your follower to enslave you. That's just how those mods are made.

No sorry, I meant the old version of SD+. Even though the mod page requires a certain version, the older versions still seem to work fine if you're willing to start the enslavement yourself, rather than let the mod do it for you. You get teleported next to an NPC you can get enslaved to if you ask or let him kill you (IIRC).

Oh! Yes. The old version of SD didn't use Modevents, so the auto-enslavement wouldn't work, but if you're happy with prompting them, then I'm happy too. 

I really love the ideia of this mod

It's simple, elegant and very immersive.

I'll see what i can do to make something like this to Fallout: New Vegas

I have one request:

- Is is possible to get a new owner inside an interior cell using SD+ instead of exterior/outside only? Perhaps an INN or shopkeeper master?

And a question:

- How does this mod handles other mods if they were finished? For example: I've finished Wolfclub mod and i have only Wolfclub option on Simple Slavery MCM.

By the way, i love your mods Escape the Cell and BattleField: Dovahkiin - Aedra vs Daedra.  :blush:

Thank you for the kind words. It would be possible to put SD owners indoors, I suppose. I guess that would make them safer, anyway. If I may ask, how will that change your experience? Not a complaint, just curious. 

If Wolfclub (or any of the other one shot slavery mods) has already been chosen by SS, SS automatically unchecks it in the MCM so it won't be chosen again. If you entered one of those mods via any other path, you'll have to remember to uncheck it yourself.

Edit: If there are no options chosen in the MCM, either because all viable mods have been used and auto-unchecked or because none were picked in the first place, there is a default scenario. Turns out I can't build landscapes to save my life, so my original idea of having a small default slavery has been replaced by being bought by an altruistic person who hates slavery and buys slaves just to set them free.

If anyone can build landscapes and wants to make me a small farm in a mountain valley with only one egress (any buildings need not be enterable), I can add that scenario back in. ;)

And i thank you for the reply

- Well, i always thought weird to have a master (a city guard as master? Yeah, it happened more than once  :s ) wandering alone in the wilderness with a slave without no security, purpose or specific place to go. It would make more sense (in my opinion) to have a safe place (like a common house, inn or Jarl courthouse) to keep my new toy. (And maybe with others toys?)  :)  

And i usually have to save a lot since i get random CTDs when outside. This problem is never a issue when inside interiors (ok, not exactly "never", but it's very very very rare).

- Thanks for clarifying about the other mods and its handlements.

And i usually have to save a lot since i get random CTDs when outside. This problem is never a issue when inside interiors (ok, not exactly "never", but it's very very very rare).

I still can't believe how wonky Skyrim gets with CTDs. I once had a load order of 3-4 texture mods and a body replacer, and it crashed all the time.

The load order I have now is about 150 mods, AI, textures, models, new weapons and armor, combat improvements, new quests, ENB, weather, AND Sexlab stuff on top of that, and I rarely crash when I play less than two hours in a row. 

I really love the ideia of this mod

It's simple, elegant and very immersive.

I'll see what i can do to make something like this to Fallout: New Vegas

I have one request:

- Is is possible to get a new owner inside an interior cell using SD+ instead of exterior/outside only? Perhaps an INN or shopkeeper master?

And a question:

- How does this mod handles other mods if they were finished? For example: I've finished Wolfclub mod and i have only Wolfclub option on Simple Slavery MCM.

By the way, i love your mods Escape the Cell and BattleField: Dovahkiin - Aedra vs Daedra.  :blush:

Thank you for the kind words. It would be possible to put SD owners indoors, I suppose. I guess that would make them safer, anyway. If I may ask, how will that change your experience? Not a complaint, just curious. 

If Wolfclub (or any of the other one shot slavery mods) has already been chosen by SS, SS automatically unchecks it in the MCM so it won't be chosen again. If you entered one of those mods via any other path, you'll have to remember to uncheck it yourself.

Edit: If there are no options chosen in the MCM, either because all viable mods have been used and auto-unchecked or because none were picked in the first place, there is a default scenario. Turns out I can't build landscapes to save my life, so my original idea of having a small default slavery has been replaced by being bought by an altruistic person who hates slavery and buys slaves just to set them free.

If anyone can build landscapes and wants to make me a small farm in a mountain valley with only one egress (any buildings need not be enterable), I can add that scenario back in. ;)

And i thank you for the reply

- Well, i always thought weird to have a master (a city guard as master? Yeah, it happened more than once  :s ) wandering alone in the wilderness with a slave without no security, purpose or specific place to go. It would make more sense (in my opinion) to have a safe place (like a common house, inn or Jarl courthouse) to keep my new toy. (And maybe with others toys?)  :)  

- Thanks for clarifying about the other mods and its handlements.

Well, the logic was that he bought you and you are both now on your way from the market to wherever he's going. Although the masters I made for SD never seem to want to travel like they're supposed to. Sometimes you have to run ahead (and accept punishment) to get them moving.

i have found  a minor problem after getting enslaved and being freed  i have found i can't attack, melee magic, ranged  i draw the weapons or magic but  i won't actually attack   any idea what could be causing this?

Try to use a Cooking pot or Tanning rack to fix it, not sure it is that sort of problem but trying won't hurt.

i have found a minor problem after getting enslaved and being freed i have found i can't attack, melee magic, ranged i draw the weapons or magic but i won't actually attack any idea what could be causing this?

which enslavement? SD?

Well, the logic was that he bought you and you are both now on your way from the market to wherever he's going. Although the masters I made for SD never seem to want to travel like they're supposed to. Sometimes you have to run ahead (and accept punishment) to get them moving.

Does this note include those 24 hours, before the travel pack kicks in?

Although I am unsure if the cage area behind Riften is done correctly. I have constantly encountered a problem, where I have waited over 24 hours, but owner still moves around in a small circle, moving nowhere. It kind of feels like that they are stuck, because they do not even try to move after my character. Other locations my character has ended before have worked correctly - this note includes several past releases of Simple Slavery.

I actually popped in to report that and ask if others are having the same problem, or if something is glitching in my end.

Does this note include those 24 hours, before the travel pack kicks in?

Although I am unsure if the cage area behind Riften is done correctly. I have constantly encountered a problem, where I have waited over 24 hours, but owner still moves around in a small circle, moving nowhere. It kind of feels like that they are stuck, because they do not even try to move after my character. Other locations my character has ended before have worked correctly - this note includes several past releases of Simple Slavery.

I actually popped in to report that and ask if others are having the same problem, or if something is glitching in my end.

Thanks for the info. I didn't know the travel pack waited 24 hours before kicking in. That explains a lot.

I thought I moved that guy. Apparently not. That area was made long ago when I first started modding. I'm sure the navmesh is completely screwed up. Until I can fix it, just start walking until you black out to get him of out of that area.

Am I understanding this right?  You have added SD+ masters?  Might explain going to the auction and ending up in a snowy area with an NPC whose name I had never seen before.  My PC was bound, in the cold outdoors, freezing to death, no where to go, no way to get warm, I had to reload for a better outcome.  

My play style for a female PC slave isn't one NPC to take her on a trip somewhere unknown and also unreachable, but to be in a place where there are many NPCs to abuse her, and also a place where she can at least have a fire so she won't freeze to death, and food, and drink.  

I mentioned this to skyrimll, and I think his latest upgrade has an option to stop the ridiculous travel across skyrim which can never end - to many travelers and wild animals ... master ALWAYS die within a few hours.

Am I understanding this right?  You have added SD+ masters?  Might explain going to the auction and ending up in a snowy area with an NPC whose name I had never seen before.  My PC was bound, in the cold outdoors, freezing to death, no where to go, no way to get warm, I had to reload for a better outcome.  

My play style for a female PC slave isn't one NPC to take her on a trip somewhere unknown and also unreachable, but to be in a place where there are many NPCs to abuse her, and also a place where she can at least have a fire so she won't freeze to death, and food, and drink.  

I mentioned this to skyrimll, and I think his latest upgrade has an option to stop the ridiculous travel across skyrim which can never end - to many travelers and wild animals ... master ALWAYS die within a few hours.

Good news is that most resent version of SexLab has Frostfall connection as soft dependency: you can no longer freeze to death during animations.

Bad news is that Frostfall 3 support is still not up for SD+. I am just turning the exposure down to 0, while my character is following her master trough a snowy region.

Then of course collapsing from cold moves both the owner and the girl to warm location (if Rescue outcome is selected from Frostfall MCM), where there are plenty of peoples around to abuse the player character. Owner usually camps there for a while, so you will have plenty of time get in to trouble, or change your character ownership to another, like get the innkeeper to claim her.

Thanks for the response, but like I said, "My play style for a female PC slave isn't one NPC to take her on a trip somewhere unknown and also unreachable ..."

DON'T WANT TO FOLLOW! Totally ridiculous imo. Notice I said my opinion.  I also realize that I can use another option, just thought selling to a bandit chief with lots of other bandits would have been better.

On a brighter note; jfraser,  love the mod, can't imagine playing skyrim without it.

Am I understanding this right? You have added SD+ masters? Might explain going to the auction and ending up in a snowy area with an NPC whose name I had never seen before. My PC was bound, in the cold outdoors, freezing to death, no where to go, no way to get warm, I had to reload for a better outcome.

This is exactly what i was trying to express. I share the same feeling with you.

Your master bought you and now he wants to keep you inside a safe place and maybe share his new toy with his friends. Not just wandering endlessly to get killed by the first leveled creature/bandit/enemy.

And yeah, sometimes you need to wait or he get stuck in the same place for hours.

I still think indoors masters would be a nice addition to this wonderful mod. (Along with more toys sharing PC's slave destiny)

I still love you jfraser

And I love all of you too.

I originally thought SD had a system wherein the closest npc would automatically claim you once the SD modevent was activated. My plan was to send the player into bandit or military camps so an owner would always be readily available. Not inns because I didn't want important npc's to be picked, thus possibly jeopardizing the save.

Alas, that theory is wrong. An owner must be named (same is true for Maria Eden, incidentally), so I had to create owners. There are six,I think, and thanks to Kana Red's amazing work, you can only access each one once each before SD is auto-deactivated in the SS mcm.

Okay, this turned out to be way more information than anyone asked for. Anyway, I didn't put them indoors because I didn't want them to be stuck in one place. But I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea to move then indoors, especially if I can get the faction thing working properly and can drop them in some of the bandit infested forts that litter the landscape.

Another option would be to have some of them moved indoors, and some given actual AI packages to go somewhere. I can't believe my PC is the only one wanting to travel Skyrim, but doing it alone is a bit dull. Though I don't know if, at that point, the SD AI takes over (which means it's out of your control).

Also, this is mostly a wild part of my tired head talking, but do you think it would be good to add a "training" phase before the auction? Or do you think it really should be the owners' responsibility to train the player? (if you look at real slavery, it's been done both ways, so I'm curious)

Version 4.3 adds Leon and Leah from Deviously Cursed Loot.

It also moves all of the SD owners to Nightgate Inn, which is already the hangout of the Submissive Lola masters. Actually, for now they're the same people. I will fix both of these problems at some point in the relatively near future.

It also makes Death Alternative send the player to the auction after most any defeat, not just bandits. If you don't want that happening, just adjust the various DA endings higher than SS's. 

It also removes whatever fix I made when version 4.12 became 4.121. I don't remember what that was, and somehow lost my local version of 4.121 and was unable to successfully extract everything from CGi's fancy FOMOD version of 4.121, so there's some sort of error floating around. If you find it, let me know and I'll fix it again.

Another option would be to have some of them moved indoors, and some given actual AI packages to go somewhere. I can't believe my PC is the only one wanting to travel Skyrim, but doing it alone is a bit dull. Though I don't know if, at that point, the SD AI takes over (which means it's out of your control).

Also, this is mostly a wild part of my tired head talking, but do you think it would be good to add a "training" phase before the auction? Or do you think it really should be the owners' responsibility to train the player? (if you look at real slavery, it's been done both ways, so I'm curious)

I have thought about a training phase, but I don't have the ability to consistently tie a slave's hands behind her back, say nothing of sticking her in various torture devices. If someone with more talent than I made a small training mod, I could attach it. 

i have found  a minor problem after getting enslaved and being freed  i have found i can't attack, melee magic, ranged  i draw the weapons or magic but  i won't actually attack   any idea what could be causing this?

I got the same thing: SS -> Mia's lair the sslv arm cuffs never got removed, so the player is stuck with the spell preventing cuffs which prevents fighting off enemies without black console magic.

Using the taning hide fixed nothing, not until I removed the cuffs.

Can I make a suggestion? That quest seems to assume the player is semi-strong, maybe put a lower level limit on getting that quest? My new lvl 2 got two shot by vess.

If you make it a global then the user can change the level cap through console without needing to modify the MCM if you wanted, or you could be like me and lazily suggest they just not turn it on themselves.

And I love all of you too.

I originally thought SD had a system wherein the closest npc would automatically claim you once the SD modevent was activated. My plan was to send the player into bandit or military camps so an owner would always be readily available. Not inns because I didn't want important npc's to be picked, thus possibly jeopardizing the save.

Alas, that theory is wrong. An owner must be named (same is true for Maria Eden, incidentally), so I had to create owners. There are six,I think, and thanks to Kana Red's amazing work, you can only access each one once each before SD is auto-deactivated in the SS mcm.

What about using a quest alias to grab the nearest suitable master?

Thanks for the non-bandit fun BYW, will try it out soon.

You could fill an alias, or you could use DE's old method of scanning random nearby NPCs until you find one, assuming you do.

But yeah in DEC I opted for very specific named NPCs not because I couldn't find some around the player but because I wanted to be able to check if they were still alive before sending you to them, since often or not the player has explored many places and killed many bandits already.

jfraser if you wanted an alias filling example check out crdenpcmonitorscript, which also contains getClosestActor, the old find actor based on luck. If you have questions about the aliases feel free to ask.

Let me know if you find a better way to replace that second method, I would have loved to get an array of actors around an area, instead of one actor around the player, which is also useful for you if you find it, but I never did.

Edit: Kinda of roundabout, but you could darken the player's sight so they don't see what you're doing, teleport the player to a location and quickly look for a valid NPC in that area, if you don't find one, leave the view darkened and move them to the next one, 2-4 times would be a soft limit before the player gets bored, and which point you default to one of the other SS options, or a backup.

Edit: oh the NPC doesn't need to be named, you need need a reference to that NPC before you can start SD with them, so you could look up AN_ALIAS from TESVEdit or just scrounge the creation kit for one too, because although the NPCs in caves and stuff are randomized, they still have a single identifiable ID that remains static

Dammit, I forgot to turn off Mia again. But anyone using it should be aware that it is built for fairly high level characters. This is true no matter how you start it. The npc's you fight have static levels and it is impossible to defeat many of them at low levels without cheating.

The plan for randomly finding SD masters would rely on sending the player to places that will always have npc's. Like military camps (although perhaps they are no longer populated after the civil war? I've never actually finished it, so I don't know) and forts. Although perhaps it's just in my game that they're always crammed with people. Hmm...Guess I'm relying a lot on assumptions based on my own setup. Hadn't really thought about that before.

4.3 totally broke this mod for me. Even with the Simple Slavery event turned on as the only one and getting killed by Bandits I only get the "You succumb to your wounds." message and a reload from the latest save.

4.121 works just fine :)

i have tested a little incompatibility between this and SD+.

If i put a gender preference in SD+ MCM and the auction ends up with an NPC of an opposite gender, the slavery doesn t start and things get messed up sorta....

tried with and without gender preference to be sure and it behave like that all the times.

Not a major issue i just wanted to report it in case someone put a gender preference in SD without thinking about this mod.

4.3 totally broke this mod for me. Even with the Simple Slavery event turned on as the only one and getting killed by Bandits I only get the "You succumb to your wounds." message and a reload from the latest save.

4.121 works just fine :)

Same issue with 4.3 here with the DA entry into Simple slavery. Note that the other entries I have tested (cursed loot, deviously enslaved and brute force by starting the quest through the console) work normally.

Log not showing anything useful sadly

Uh oh. Looks like I fucked something up. Thanks for letting me know.

I think I found the root of the problem.

I installed 4.3 and replaced the SSLV_DAIntScript.pex script by the script from version 4.121. And simple slavery now works.

Now what I think is the issue with 4.3 is that, for some reason, akAggressor.GetCrimeFaction() != None returns FALSE

In 4.121 it caused no issue because of the check for bandit faction :

akAggressor.HasKeyword(ActorTypeNPC) && (akAggressor.IsInFaction(BanditFaction) || akAggressor.GetCrimeFaction() != None)

(TRUE AND (TRUE OR FALSE)) -> works

In 4.3, due to the removal of the bandit faction check, it's broken :

akAggressor.HasKeyword(ActorTypeNPC) && (akAggressor.GetCrimeFaction() != None)

(TRUE AND FALSE) -> doesn' work

Maybe drop the CrimeFaction check altogether ?