Is it possible to not use racemenu with this mod? I use the enhanced character edit and I really like that editor, but I want to try this mod out. Is it compatible with the enhanced character edit or is it just a racemenu mod?

Didn't latest update come with an MCM Menu?

The interface is through MCM, but it turns out that RaceMenu is still required. Some of the infrastructure of RaceMenu is used to manage and maintain the overlays.

I see that you are using player tint masks, I highly recommend you make a check for alpha on all of them before calling UpdateTintMaskColors. The game only supports 15 non-zero alpha warpaints at a time, anymore and your game will crash. This is what the 15/15 count in RaceMenu is telling you, it's a hardcoded limit and prevents you from applying anymore than 15. Standard tints such as forehead color, eyeshadow etc count towards this limit.

I recommend either adding the check, or making use of NiOverride's new Face Overlays.

I also recommend checking whether there are any applied tattoos before removing overlays using something like this:

int Function GetAllVisibleOverlays(Actor target)
	int totalVisible = 0
	If SKSE.GetPluginVersion("NiOverride") >= 1 ; Checks to make sure the NiOverride plugin exists
		totalVisible += GetVisibleOverlays(target, 256, "Body [Ovl", NiOverride.GetNumBodyOverlays())
		totalVisible += GetVisibleOverlays(target, 257, "Hands [Ovl", NiOverride.GetNumHandOverlays())
		totalVisible += GetVisibleOverlays(target, 258, "Feet [Ovl", NiOverride.GetNumFeetOverlays())
		totalVisible += GetVisibleOverlays(target, 259, "Face [Ovl", NiOverride.GetNumFaceOverlays())
	Endif
	return totalVisible
EndFunction

int Function GetVisibleOverlays(Actor target, int tintType, string tintTemplate, int tintCount)
	int i = 0
	int visible = 0
	ActorBase targetBase = target.GetActorBase()
	While i < tintCount
		string nodeName = tintTemplate + i + "]"
		float alpha = 0
		string texture = ""
		If NetImmerse.HasNode(target, nodeName, false) ; Actor has the node, get the immediate property
			alpha = NiOverride.GetNodePropertyFloat(target, false, nodeName, 8, -1)
			texture = NiOverride.GetNodePropertyString(target, false, nodeName, 9, 0)
		Else ; Doesn't have the node, get it from the override
			bool isFemale = targetBase.GetSex() as bool
			alpha = NiOverride.GetNodeOverrideFloat(target, isFemale, nodeName, 8, -1)
			texture = NiOverride.GetNodeOverrideString(target, isFemale, nodeName, 9, 0)
		Endif
		If texture == ""
			texture = "Actors\\Character\\Overlays\\Default.dds"
		Endif
		If texture != "Actors\\Character\\Overlays\\Default.dds" && alpha > 0.0
			visible += 1
		Endif
		i += 1
	EndWhile
	return visible
EndFunction
	If SKSE.GetPluginVersion("NiOverride") >= 1
		If GetAllVisibleOverlays(akRef) == 0
			NiOverride.RemoveOverlays(akRef)
		Endif
	Endif
I have a menu that proxies RaceMenu itself to allow you to customize tattoos on followers (The menu loads up RaceMenu and interacts with only the Papyrus interface). If you remove overlays without checking the rest it will inevitably conflict and remove the overlays when it shouldn't. You may already do this, I haven't looked that thoroughly at your code but just letting you know so we don't have conflict.

I only remove overlays containing one of the textures from my mod, so we should be good on that front. Thanks for the tip about warpaint, though.

I didn't see any API for Face Overlays when I was putting this mod together. In fact, I believed it to be impossible within the engine. Where can I learn more about this? It would definitely be my preferred mechanism. Tint masks are a pain in the ass.

Is it possible to not use racemenu with this mod? I use the enhanced character edit and I really like that editor, but I want to try this mod out. Is it compatible with the enhanced character edit or is it just a racemenu mod?

NiOverride is an API, you don't necessarily NEED RaceMenu to use it, this mod makes use of the API so theoretically it should certainly work without RaceMenu as long as you have the SKSE plugin.

That was my thinking when I switched the dependency from RaceMenu to NiOverride. However, I've gotten numerous reports that NiOverride by itself doesn't work, so I had to switch back to depending on RaceMenu.

I just love this Mod. Although i can't really get it to work. :/

I use UNP Body and tried to tattoo my Slave Playercharacter. Via Racemenu (Just updated to the newest Version) i can't find the Tattoos. I know how to tattoo in generel, using the T key to use a Texture and all that. I Have some other Tattoo Packs installed wich are visible, the Slavetats however are not.

The MCM Option however works, I can Tattoo her on Face and Hands, when I try to tattoo her Body, nothing happens. Is it because I use UNP, or am I doing something wrong? I really want to use this awesome Mod! :(

I just love this Mod. Although i can't really get it to work. :/

I use UNP Body and tried to tattoo my Slave Playercharacter. Via Racemenu (Just updated to the newest Version) i can't find the Tattoos. I know how to tattoo in generel, using the T key to use a Texture and all that. I Have some other Tattoo Packs installed wich are visible, the Slavetats however are not.

The MCM Option however works, I can Tattoo her on Face and Hands, when I try to tattoo her Body, nothing happens. Is it because I use UNP, or am I doing something wrong? I really want to use this awesome Mod! :(

I don't think UNP is the problem. I use UNP (skinny) and I have the opposite problem: tats show on body but never face (the face option is blanked out for some reason). This does not bother me since I have no interest in facial tats. But the body ones are great.

MCM is the only option, despite the RaceMenu requirement. The earliest versions of this were RaceMenu plugins, but I was getting uncomfortably close to the limits of what a RaceMenu plugin can do, so I had to move to my own interface instead of using RaceMenu's.

UNP is not a problem, it's the target. I use UNPB, but all of the UNP variants (and Sevenbase) use exactly the same texture map. Anything that uses the UNP texture map should work perfectly.

More likely you used up all the body overlays with RaceMenu tattoos, or you have a missing dependency, or you have a load order problem.

I didn't see any API for Face Overlays when I was putting this mod together. In fact, I believed it to be impossible within the engine. Where can I learn more about this? It would definitely be my preferred mechanism. Tint masks are a pain in the ass.

NiOverride is an API, you don't necessarily NEED RaceMenu to use it, this mod makes use of the API so theoretically it should certainly work without RaceMenu as long as you have the SKSE plugin.

That was my thinking when I switched the dependency from RaceMenu to NiOverride. However, I've gotten numerous reports that NiOverride by itself doesn't work, so I had to switch back to depending on RaceMenu.

Face overlays work the same as Body, Hand, and Feet. They've been added in the newer NiOverride version. Only difference is "Face [Ovl#]" from the others. NiOverride not working by itself is due to the template meshes that are packaged within RaceMenu, I keep forgetting to package those in the standalone.

@Findus48 That's... a really odd and specific problem. Can you provide any more information at all?

@therealkarlsquell Yeah, that's known. The cause is a bizarre mystery, and it's the reason why this mod is in 0.9 release instead of 1.0

For your (possible) enjoyment:

How humiliating! How can this have happened to a Thalmor High Auditor?

I was sent to Skyrim to verify the finances of our forces there, and discovered that slimy bastard Ondolemar had been stealing the funds sent to equip and train our soldiers.

Perhaps I shouldn't have trusted the courier I used to send my report to headquarters, because that night Ondolemar broke into my room.  He beat me senseless, then forced me to drink a potion.  I couldn't move, but remained fully aware as he stripped me and one of his minions placed obscene (and juvenile) tattoos on my body.  Both of them violated me afterwards.

After a brief time in a small prison room, he forced another potion down my throat, and I passed out.  I awoke bound and blindfolded Azura knows where! I can't see, I can't move my arms, and my pussy and ass are filled with something.

By all the Eight, I swear I'll kill Ondolemar even if I have to join up with that traitor Ulfric Stormcloak to do it!

JessicaTats1.jpg

JessicaTats2.jpg

JessicaTats3.jpg

JessicaTats4.jpg

I would love the option to display more than one initial. Either two side by side (for NPCs with more than one name, such as AH for Aela) or vertically above each other with space for an intervening word ("owns", "property of", or even--dare I say it?--"loves").

I admit that my own desire for "loves" is for consensual relationship, but those of you (and there seem to be a lot of you) who like to play a rougher game might still find use for the word, even if it is only in the form

This Slave

Loves

Pain

rather than my imagined tat which would be more like:

AH

Loves

ML

• 2 weeks later...

Nope. First of all, barring drastic changes to the Skyrim engine, which won't happen because Bethesda has wrapped up development, it's going to work forever. Second, I'm right here. The mod does most of what I want now, so development has slowed down, but I'm still open to good ideas, and I'm collecting new things for the next release.

This mod is rapidly becoming one of my favorites. It works as advertised and looks great. kudos!

BTW I'm also using UNP body and have no issues placing tats on the cheek ...or anywhere else.

(sometimes Apachii hair will cover tats on the cheek, depending on the hair choosen. Those having

issues with tats on the face might want to check if that's what's going on...just a suggestion).

First of all, love the mod. Wonderful work; I love it.

Only question I have is does this put any stress on VRAM at all? Reason I ask is that I'm trying to track down an error where my girl's skin textures turn jet black after a while, and it seems to happen more often when I'm using this mod. If skin textures are being copied, (at some level in the process) they might not be being freed up again.

I should add that I'm far from sure that this mod is causing my problems. The problem happens intermittently, so it's hard to say anything with any confidence. But I thought I'd ask and see if anyone had any ideas.

(Got a brand new gtx770 with 2gb VRAM - I'd hoped this sort of issue would be a thing of the past by one).

Oh, and like I say - I love this mod!

[edit]

Heh. Never mind. Uninstalled the mod, started a new game from scratch with LADL. The instant she appears outside - black textures again. Oh well, back to square one...

Only question I have is does this put any stress on VRAM at all? Reason I ask is that I'm trying to track down an error where my girl's skin textures turn jet black after a while, and it seems to happen more often when I'm using this mod. If skin textures are being copied, (at some level in the process) they might not be being freed up again.

I should add that I'm far from sure that this mod is causing my problems. The problem happens intermittently, so it's hard to say anything with any confidence. But I thought I'd ask and see if anyone had any ideas.

(Got a brand new gtx770 with 2gb VRAM - I'd hoped this sort of issue would be a thing of the past by one).

[edit]

Heh. Never mind. Uninstalled the mod, started a new game from scratch with LADL. The instant she appears outside - black textures again. Oh well, back to square one...

If you haven't done so already, it may be alpha but get SKSE 1.7 and of course ENBOOST. With your video card those two items should make memory problems go away.

Won't fix a missing textures problem though.

[edit]

I've noticed the same problem, intermittently, but like you say, it happens even without SlaveTats installed. Probably we have some other mods in common... :)

Always nice to get compliments, especially from one of the people who inspired me. Thanks!

I cannot put tats on my character's body. On every slot it says "external" even though in the race menu it clearly shows the slot is not used and is on default. I cannot reset it through the SlaveTats menu in MCM by setting it on "No Tattoo", nor did it fix itself when I uninstalled all body tattoo mods I had, in fact it made it worse by not letting me put anything in Slot 6 which was working fine prior to that. I haven't had any problems with Face tattoos or putting tattoos on NPCs.