Great mod! I was just wondering though if the tats are meant to disappear after a combination of changing cells and saving and loading, because it seems they disappear and I need to reapply them onto NPCs. Is this happening to anyone else? Or perhaps this is some compatibility issue I haven't worked out.

Great mod! I was just wondering though if the tats are meant to disappear after a combination of changing cells and saving and loading, because it seems they disappear and I need to reapply them onto NPCs. Is this happening to anyone else? Or perhaps this is some compatibility issue I haven't worked out.

That's not normal, nor is it how it's supposed to work.

Hey murfk, Is there anyway to make the tattoos less blocky and make them smoother?

Cheers! 

There is a way, but it's not something I'm going to do. The blockiness is coming from the fact that the tattoo textures are 1024x1024, a size I chose because higher resolutions turned out to waste quite a lot of storage space. An early version of this mod only had a few tattoos at higher resolution. It took up 3 gigs for what was, essentially, a few words. It was the least effecient text encoding I've ever heard of. With the current size of the tattoo catalog, the size of the mod would be ridiculous at higher resolutions.

Upon further testing, it seems that this issue doesn't exist for my PC or regular NPCs, wherein tattoos show up normally after load after a brief pause as the script starts. However, upon NPCs I've enslaved using the Paradise Halls mod the tats don't reappear.

Perhaps this is due to the fact that Paradise Halls creates a copy of the actor to hold all the quest aliases from its slavery system? The problems I'm encountering exist only with these copied NPCs that have their refIDs begin with ff instead of regular base game NPCs.

That might be the problem. It depends on whether Paradise Halls discards and recreates those copies on game load, or possibly on something PH does when creating them that breaks one of the assumptions of NiOverride.

Would you be willing to investigate further? I don't mean dig into the code, but I could use more facts to work with.

That might be the problem. It depends on whether Paradise Halls discards and recreates those copies on game load, or possibly on something PH does when creating them that breaks one of the assumptions of NiOverride. Would you be willing to investigate further? I don't mean dig into the code, but I could use more facts to work with.

Its only hostile NPC's that you enslave that don't work.

I managed to enslave novice fire mage when i was in Morsvunker (however you spell it) and I can't tattoo her

Did the same to Carlotta in Whiterun (annoyed me) and I can tattoo on her.

I think these are to do with when I tried on the novice fire mage

Error: Array index 1 is out of range (0-0)

stack:

[slaveTatsMenu (5B000800)].SlaveTatsMCMMenu.ClearOptionBuffers() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line 880

[slaveTatsMenu (5B000800)].SlaveTatsMCMMenu.CloseConfig() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line 769

[sKI_ConfigManagerInstance (2C000802)].SKI_ConfigManager.OnMenuClose() - "SKI_ConfigManager.psc" Line 122

Error: Array index 5 is out of range (0-0)

stack:

[slaveTatsMenu (5B000800)].SlaveTatsMCMMenu.ClearOptionBuffers() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line 884

[slaveTatsMenu (5B000800)].SlaveTatsMCMMenu.CloseConfig() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line 769

[sKI_ConfigManagerInstance (2C000802)].SKI_ConfigManager.OnMenuClose() - "SKI_ConfigManager.psc" Line 122

Error: Array index 11 is out of range (0-0)

stack:

[slaveTatsMenu (5B000800)].SlaveTatsMCMMenu.ClearOptionBuffers() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line 886

Error: Array index 17 is out of range (0-0)

stack:

[slaveTatsMenu (5B000800)].SlaveTatsMCMMenu.ClearOptionBuffers() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line 889

Error: Array index 24 is out of range (0-0)

stack:

[slaveTatsMenu (5B000800)].SlaveTatsMCMMenu.ClearOptionBuffers() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line 882

Upon further testing, it seems that this issue doesn't exist for my PC or regular NPCs, wherein tattoos show up normally after load after a brief pause as the script starts. However, upon NPCs I've enslaved using the Paradise Halls mod the tats don't reappear.

Perhaps this is due to the fact that Paradise Halls creates a copy of the actor to hold all the quest aliases from its slavery system? The problems I'm encountering exist only with these copied NPCs that have their refIDs begin with ff instead of regular base game NPCs.

I have the same issue using PH. Love the mod but hate having to reapply the tats.

That might be the problem. It depends on whether Paradise Halls discards and recreates those copies on game load, or possibly on something PH does when creating them that breaks one of the assumptions of NiOverride. Would you be willing to investigate further? I don't mean dig into the code, but I could use more facts to work with.

I managed to enslave novice fire mage when i was in Morsvunker (however you spell it) and I can't tattoo her

stack:

[slaveTatsMenu (5B000800)].SlaveTatsMCMMenu.ClearOptionBuffers() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line 880

stack:

[slaveTatsMenu (5B000800)].SlaveTatsMCMMenu.ClearOptionBuffers() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line 884

stack:

[slaveTatsMenu (5B000800)].SlaveTatsMCMMenu.ClearOptionBuffers() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line 886

stack:

[slaveTatsMenu (5B000800)].SlaveTatsMCMMenu.ClearOptionBuffers() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line 889

stack:

[slaveTatsMenu (5B000800)].SlaveTatsMCMMenu.ClearOptionBuffers() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line 882

I've done some testing as well, and I can say that the refIDs of the PH-created copies don't change. I'm not sure if I'm encountering the same problem as pinky6225, as in my case it's not so much hostility of NPCs as it is whether they are generic NPCs of a class (e.g. with a name like Bandit, Pyromancer, Vigilant of Stendarr, etc.) versus a named NPC. For the named NPCs the tatoos work as they should on original NPCs and appear on PH-copies but disappear upon save/load from a different cell. For the generics, it seems to be either hit or miss whether they appear at all for PH-copies, but when they do they disappear as well upon save/load from a different cell. I'm guessing that the problem with generics in this case is exacerbated by my use of ASIS increased spawners.

In any case, I'm running around 200 mods so the results are quite confusing. Lovely mod and great ideas behind it, and I hope the issues around its integration with Paradise Halls get worked out, though I wouldn't be surprised if that would be the end of the problems on my setup seeing that my own loadorder is a clusterfuck and I can't remember half the things I've put in there :D

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

That's interesting. Those error locations are inside of the Mod Configuration Menu code. I'm not sure how using a PH NPC could cause me to feed bad data into MCM, but it's more than I had to go on before.

using NetImmerse Override (latest version) does not work. Only face tattoos could be used.

Slavetats.esp was placed at the bottom of the load order.

I wouldn't mind if racemenu had vertex editing and slot loading that works.

Also I made this because I was bored. For CBBE body. 4k resolution. May crash if you have shitty RAM.

post-106886-0-51449000-1391554116_thumb.jpg

I just replaced the lower back "owned" image because I had no idea how to add new images. 

back_owned.rar

and... I realized the hearts were backwards so I fixed it.

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

stack:

That's interesting. Those error locations are inside of the Mod Configuration Menu code. I'm not sure how using a PH NPC could cause me to feed bad data into MCM, but it's more than I had to go on before.

With the exception of I can't apply body tats to my character I'm having the same issue after testing PH enslaved unnamed NPCs can't apply but named ones can. That said I don't know if it was intended but I can't put the face tats on anyone other then my character.

Just wanted to tell you, it's a really great mod, and I'm having a blast with it.

Since you're so kind as to consider requests, one thing I think would be very cool is to expand the collection of those criminal face tattoos with the choice of "Imperial/Stormcloak" and "whore", in such positions that both words would sit next to each other. Both sides of the Civil War play dirty, and doing horrible things to women sleeping with the enemy is a long tradition for humans - not to mention doing horrible things to actual agents of the enemy, and such a tat could fit both.

Thanks for the great mod!