Its strange, I'm unable to open the textures with GIMP, I keep getting an error. What did you do differently with your DDS files?

Gimp's DDS Plugin doesn't seem to be capable of handling dd5 (What the images are compressed with):  Photoshop's dds plugin works just fine, however.

Its strange, I'm unable to open the textures with GIMP, I keep getting an error. What did you do differently with your DDS files?

Gimp's DDS Plugin doesn't seem to be capable of handling dd5 (What the images are compressed with):  Photoshop's dds plugin works just fine, however.

I actually use GIMP to create the textures, but then I postprocess them with ImageMagick. You could probably reverse that workflow.

Are there any requirements for this mod to work? Tattoos wont show up after i tab out of the mcm menu.

Edit: Nvm, looks like you need Racemenu for this to work. It would be nice if you mentioned it as a requirement on the main page...

It's listed under the requirements section, next to SkyUI and SKSE. In the info box to the right of the page.

I actually use GIMP to create the textures, but then I postprocess them with ImageMagick. You could probably reverse that workflow.

Yeah I use GIMP for DXT5 all the time. ImageMagick must be doing something odd. I was able to open them with Paint.NET though then move them over into GIMP.

For anyone who's interested, I don't think the compatibility problem with Paradise Halls is actually a compatibility problem with Paradise Halls at all.

My testing has revealed that there are some NPCs that are flat out immune to having overlays applied to them. The process seems to work, and the tattoos even turn up in the results if I query the actor overlays, but they are not visible. This seems to be most common with NPCs that were added to the game by various spawning mods, but it also happens with occasional base-game bandits and such. It never seems to happen with named NPCs.

I haven't figured out exactly what trait of these NPCs is preventing the overlays from being visible, but it's not Paradise Halls's fault. It's just more noticable to Paradise Halls users, because most other users aren't wandering Skyrim putting tattoos on random NPCs.

OK, I gave this a try. My character's body slave tatoos choices don't seem to stick, they always show up as external. Is this due to me using all the body tattoo slots in racemenu? Face ones do work though.

I have to equip or unequip an armor on my companions for the changes to show. If I save and reload the changes disspear till I remove their armor or give them armor.

OK, I gave this a try. My character's body slave tatoos choices don't seem to stick, they always show up as external. Is this due to me using all the body tattoo slots in racemenu? Face ones do work though.

I have to equip or unequip an armor on my companions for the changes to show. If I save and reload the changes disspear till I remove their armor or give them armor.

Yeah, that's exactly why. The RaceMenu tattoos take precedence, by design.

So a question I have is that this file has a meta.ini involved whenever I install it. The problem is, I already have a meta.ini file from Skyrim Beautiful Followers, so if I try to install SlaveTats and overwrite the original, it crashes. It also crashes if I don't overwrite the meta.ini file. What should I do? D:

I see... any way of removing the some of the RaceMenu overlays from my character in order to make space?

Go into the console and type showracemenu, then hide the console and use the menu as normal to alter your body tattoos.

So a question I have is that this file has a meta.ini involved whenever I install it. The problem is, I already have a meta.ini file from Skyrim Beautiful Followers, so if I try to install SlaveTats and overwrite the original, it crashes. It also crashes if I don't overwrite the meta.ini file. What should I do? D:

Meta.ini isn't involved in your problem, whatever it may be. It's just to tell Mod Organizer what version you have. If you don't use Mod Organizer, it does nothing.

I'd suggest running BOSS, and looking at all the other usual culprits. Maybe check out http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50244/?

I see... any way of removing the some of the RaceMenu overlays from my character in order to make space?

Go into the console and type showracemenu, then hide the console and use the menu as normal to alter your body tattoos.

Already tried that but as far as I could see there's no way of permanetly removing the tattos/paints in race menu, you can set it to default or make it completely transparent but the tattoo slot is still occupied (by empty/transaprent data but still occupied). Or am I missing something?

Very cool, thanks for the mod. I really like the options and the flexibility of the mod. I personally prefer the ones that I can imagine are a bit more 'lore' friendly, but I am glad you give a number of different options for people. Personally I love the idea that if my Nord character was captured and tortured by the Imperials, they would brand her 'Rebel' on her face. I was wondering if you considered or will consider perhaps adding something like an owner's brand (perhaps the Imperial Legion symbol, the Stormcloak symbol, something for vampire, etc.) to put on the ass. Or even a handprint that you could put on the ass.

Thanks again, and keep up the good work!

Great idea! I've been waiting for something like this. I can't get it to work however... :( It appear in the MCM, and I can open it and select tats, but they don't show up and the next time I open MCM it hasn't saved any settings. I tried both male and female PC. My PC is Breton btw, no custon race.

Great idea! I've been waiting for something like this. I can't get it to work however... :( It appear in the MCM, and I can open it and select tats, but they don't show up and the next time I open MCM it hasn't saved any settings. I tried both male and female PC. My PC is Breton btw, no custon race.

I had the same problem - you need to instal racemenu first -  http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29624/? - then it should work fine.