Perhaps the mod could tell you who it's applying the tats onto so if nobody is selected it should be obvious. Or it could even warn you that no one is selected.

Yeah, good idea. I've added a message to my code. It'll be in the next release.

Perhaps the mod could tell you who it's applying the tats onto so if nobody is selected it should be obvious. Or it could even warn you that no one is selected.

Yeah, good idea. I've added a message to my code. It'll be in the next release.

I did select my player as a target. I've also tried re-installing the mod, no results. Also ran LOOT to make sure their weren't any conflicts. 

Load order: 

GameMode=Skyrim

Skyrim.esm=1
Update.esm=1
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp=1
Dawnguard.esm=1
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp=1
Dragonborn.esm=1
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp=1
ApachiiHair.esm=1
hdtHighHeel.esm=1
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm=1
actorEvents.esm=1
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm=1
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm=1
FoxHome_X.esm=1
BBLuxurySuite.esm=1
RaceCompatibility.esm=1
SexLab.esm=1
SexLabAroused.esm=1
ZaZAnimationPack.esm=1
HighResTexturePack01.esp=1
HighResTexturePack02.esp=1
HighResTexturePack03.esp=1
iHUD.esp=1
83Willows_101BUGS_V4_HighRes.esp=1
ApachiiHairStyles.esp=1
Armor for Manga.esp=1
ApachiiHairStylesELVES.esp=1
Brawl Bugs CE.esp=1
Auto Unequip Ammo.esp=1
Prometheus_No_snow_Under_the_roof.esp=1
CF_fox_Clothes.esp=1
ShootingStars.esp=1
CoT-WeatherPatch.esp=1
Supreme Storms - Cot Version.esp=1
RealisticWaterTwo.esp=1
CustomRaces.esp=1
CoT-WeatherPatch_NL3.esp=1
DeadlySpellImpacts.esp=1
CoT-WeatherPatch_Snow-40.esp=1
CoT-WeatherPatch_SupStorms.esp=1
ImmersiveSpells.esp=1
SkyrimHighDefinitionLODs.esp=1
Angelic_Demonic.esp=1
Duel - Combat Realism.esp=1
Command Dragon.esp=1
EstrusChaurus.esp=1
FCO - Follower Commentary Overhaul.esp=1
TheOneRing.esp=1
FlansEyesForSkrim.esp=1
FNISspells.esp=1
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dungeons.esp=1
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Minor Cities and Town Interiors.esp=1
HDT Havok Object.esp=1
ImmersiveSpells-NoDlcDawnDragComp.esp=1
LadyBatByNausicaa.esp=1
MaleClericArmor.esp=1
DragonCombatOverhaulDragonborn.esp=1
RaceMenuPlugin.esp=1
Lightweightbonesandscales.esp=1
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Exteriors.esp=1
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Interiors.esp=1
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dawnguard Interiors.esp=1
Breezehome_Fully_Upgradable_DG.esp=1
SFO - Expanded Diversity.esp=1
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp=1
CinematicFireFX.esp=1
RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp=1
UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp=1
BBLuxurySuiteExt.esp=1
BBLSVisitors.esp=1
RaceMenu.esp=1
SexLabNudeCreatures.esp=1
SexLabNudeCreaturesDG.esp=1
StaticMeshImprovementMod-DragonbornTernFix.esp=1
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp=1
Animated Enchantments.esp=1
RegnPiercings.esp=1
isilNarsil.esp=1
SkyUI.esp=1
Dual Sheath Redux.esp=1
Convenient Horses.esp=1
SOS - Male Vanila Armor Cloths Conversion Custom.esp=1
SOS - Revealing DLC2 Conversion.esp=1
SOS - VectorPlexus Muscular Addon.esp=1
StaticMeshImprovementMod-FurnitureChestSnowFix.esp=1
SexLabWorkingGirl.esp=1
My merge patch.esp=0
SOS - Revealing DLC1 Conversion.esp=1
StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp=1
fox29 Armor.esp=1
XiNafay - Kitty Corset.esp=1
Strap.esp=1
BBLSHousecarlsmovein.esp=1
BBLSspouse.esp=1
Quick Start - Skip the Opening Sequence.esp=1
HentaiCreatures.esp=1
BBLSmusic.esp=1
Rainbows.esp=1
WitchkingHelmet.esp=1
zzEstrus.esp=0
Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp=1
SlaveTats.esp=1

I don't see RaceMenuOverlays.esp in your load order, so you might try installing that.

Is this what you're referring to? 

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/48705/?

No, that's a nice addition for what to put on the player but even that requires the RaceMenuOverlays.esp file.

The RaceMenuOverlays.esp is an optional add-on to the RaceMenu mod which you can download and install from the RaceMenu mod site.

murfk could you add a glossiness adjustment to the MCM? I think nioverride has a feature to change it on the fly.

edit: Looks like we're closing on the problem with invisible tats after the game load. Hopefully, it will be fixed soon.

I don't see RaceMenuOverlays.esp in your load order, so you might try installing that.

Is this what you're referring to? 

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/48705/?

No

go to

racemenu   files download 

and get

Overlays Plugin v2-5-0 

(Compatible with 2.7.1) This package contains a number of example body, hand and face paints made by krisjay, TairenSoul, and Desufire. By default there are none.

it is in optional files!

1. there's currently a problem with nioverride not working properly with custom armors/races. If you're affected, tats will appear after you change cells.

2. It will work with CBBE too, but some stuff might look inaccurate or distorted.

I'll do some research. Glossiness would be a cool feature.

Thanks for the update.

About my glossiness idea, i think i was kind of inaccurate in what i was requesting. I thought about a slider that will adjust a skin glossiness on all parts of the actor's body. You know, that wet look that we currently achieve by editing mesh in nifscope. Ajusting this from inside the game would be better from all points of view(individual gloss, keeps the meshes intact, more graphic).

The body_custom.dds, right_hand_custom.dds, left_hand_custom.dds, right_foot_custom.dds, and left_hand_custom.dds filenames set up for you to use for your own tattoo textures. I'll be adding a head_custom.dds slot as well next release. Once you've dropped the texturein, you can select it from the SlaveTats menu using the name "Customizable"

newest version is causing my character's face to go blue.

Character has no tats from this mod and no overlays applied from Racemenu. 

Face loads, then flashes blue a couple times and then stays blue just as the message from Slave Tats comes up saying it's converting facial tatoos (or something similar to that.)

Uninstalled .9.13 and reinstalled an older version (not sure which 'cause it doesn't say anywhere) and the problem goes away.

When the PC's face went blue I tried changing cells, fast traveling, etc. Nothing seemed to make it turn back normal.

The PC is a Ningheim character. Do I need to do something special for non-vanilla race?

It's weird because I have Ningheim followers and they were fine.

I'd like to use the newer version so I'm hoping I can get past this issue. 

Thanks!

That probably means you somehow had a warpaint layer that SlaveTats is mistaking for one of its own and trying to convert into an overlay. After your face turns blue, try going into the SlaveTats MCM and changing the face section to "no tattoo" everywhere it says something different.

newest version is causing my character's face to go blue.

Character has no tats from this mod and no overlays applied from Racemenu. 

Face loads, then flashes blue a couple times and then stays blue just as the message from Slave Tats comes up saying it's converting facial tatoos (or something similar to that.)

Uninstalled .9.13 and reinstalled an older version (not sure which 'cause it doesn't say anywhere) and the problem goes away.

When the PC's face went blue I tried changing cells, fast traveling, etc. Nothing seemed to make it turn back normal.

The PC is a Ningheim character. Do I need to do something special for non-vanilla race?

It's weird because I have Ningheim followers and they were fine.

I'd like to use the newer version so I'm hoping I can get past this issue. 

Thanks!

1- uncheck slavetat mod   and boot skyrim and save after 2 minutes!

2-  apply this mode save cleaner to that save and do both steps removing unattached intsances then scrips .

3- boot after  cleaning this save and save again

4- check slavetats mod again! and load skyrim normally

That probably means you somehow had a warpaint layer that SlaveTats is mistaking for one of its own and trying to convert into an overlay. After your face turns blue, try going into the SlaveTats MCM and changing the face section to "no tattoo" everywhere it says something different.

OK, now I feel dumb for not knowing enough to check that. :)

FIXED!

Now.... just for YOUR information....

On that character, I had gone into Racemenu and applied an overlay (tattoo) on the body. I had LOOKED at some of the war paints, but none are applied. I actually logged in another character and tried to replicate this and it seems you only have to click on the war paint overlays and check them out without ever actually applying anything permanently. Like...

Go into Racemenu, select Overlays, the go to War Paint, choose texture to get the list of available warpaints, scroll down the list and highlight a couple to look at them but hit Tab to cancel and never apply anything. I got the blue face again but it looks like you have to log out and log back in again so Slave Tats has to do its "discovery" thing again. I think that's why I didn't notice a problem last night when I was screwing around with this. 

Of the 6 available entries in the face area, 5 of them were set to "external". The last one said No Tattoo. So I reset the first 5 and everything was good to go. Not sure if that's relevant or not.

Anyways, thanks for the quick response. Easy enough to fix.