The other option (though you might want to edit the ini file anyway) is opening racemenu or ece and using the bottom slots for your overlays instead of the top, freeing those for slavetats.  Racemenu tends to have more slots total than slavetats does so you'll have more room at the bottom.

Are there tattoo slots for the male face? I wanted to make some non-adult tattoos for the male face, but when I add them to my tattoo pack, they still don't load in the game.

I made sure my .json file was valid, and also made sure that the textures and .json were in the right folders.

I'll also post a log if requested.

Are there tattoo slots for the male face? I wanted to make some non-adult tattoos for the male face, but when I add them to my tattoo pack, they still don't load in the game.

I made sure my .json file was valid, and also made sure that the textures and .json were in the right folders.

face tatoos are disabled by default due to an unfixable bug. if you have a mod-added face tatoo on an actor and the actor gets decapitated, you get a CTD. there is an .ini file edit somewhere that will re-enable them, but i would not recomend doing so.

OK, I tried to fight with blue skin bug with "dispelallspells" and "removeallitems". It doesn't work.

I have an API mod called SlaveTats event bridge. Can it cause problem? SD+ requires it to work with slavetats

UPD: nope, event bridge is fine

face tatoos are disabled by default due to an unfixable bug. if you have a mod-added face tatoo on an actor and the actor gets decapitated, you get a CTD. there is an .ini file edit somewhere that will re-enable them, but i would not recomend doing so.

well, I only want to apply tattoos to myself so..

would that still be unsafe?

OK, I tried to fight with blue skin bug with "dispelallspells" and "removeallitems". It doesn't work.

I have an API mod called SlaveTats event bridge. Can it cause problem? SD+ requires it to work with slavetats

Dang, thought I had figured out a commonality between the two source of "blue" and a possible cause but evidently not.

Does the blue disappear a while after you've had sex or does it remain? It is happening to all the actors involved in the sex actor just one?

Does the tattoo you add even show up at all? Does the blue go away if you remove the tattoo?

Look for a file named nioverride.ini.  It's typically installed with Racemenu.  Edit (with Notepad or anything else you'd normally use for a text file) and you'll see what you need to change, it's well commented.

As for being unsafe, I've never had a problem, but then I don't use any mods that enable decapitation.

So I'm putting together a small pack for myself - am I right in reading the last few posts that I shouldn't do face overlays yet because of the decapitation issue?  (There are at least two vanilla talents that enable decapitations, although I've heard that there are mods out there to disable all decapitation killmoves.)

Also, can anyone else open the overlay textures in GIMP? I was trying to open some of the letter ones to try to figure out how they're done, and I kept getting 'unexpected end of file' errors in GIMP. I can't test these in-game as I'm stuck on a potato of a rig until my main PC is fixed. Normally if an archive doesn't download correctly then 7zip won't extract it, so it can't be a download error; 7zip didn't throw any errors during extraction either so I think they extracted fine.

I'm using GIMP 2.8 and version 3.0.1 of the GIMP DDS plugin from here. I can open other textures just fine, even 4k ones (they're just super slow to open and GIMP hangs if I try to do too many things at once).

Yes, it's still "unsafe".  Any actor (PC/NPC) with a face overlay applied that gets decapitated will cause a CTD (this does not apply to warpaints, only face overlays).  However, there are mods available that reduce or remove decapitations (Violens is a popular one).  Frankly, I don't run into it very often so I live with the possibility.

Disabled since when? I've been cheerfully adding slavetats makeup to captured slaves. Not that they'd tend to get decapitated anyway, but the tattoos apply.

Mind, I've not played in quite a while, so it's possible that I've overdue tpo update some relevant mods.

Disabled since when? I've been cheerfully adding slavetats makeup to captured slaves. Not that they'd tend to get decapitated anyway, but the tattoos apply.

Mind, I've not played in quite a while, so it's possible that I've overdue tpo update some relevant mods.

Latest RaceMenu/NIOverride versions (since 3.2.2 according to the info on the RaceMenu page) added the face overlay disabling in the NIOverride.ini because of the decap CTD.  I think changing the default to "off" occurred in a later version, but the ability to disable has been around for a while. 

Latest RaceMenu/NIOverride versions (since 3.2.2 according to the info on the RaceMenu page) added the face overlay disabling in the NIOverride.ini because of the decap CTD.  I think changing the default to "off" occurred in a later version, but the ability to disable has been around for a while. 

I should probably upgrade then :) Thanks, I've been out of the loop for a bit now.

Dang, thought I had figured out a commonality between the two source of "blue" and a possible cause but evidently not.

Does the blue disappear a while after you've had sex or does it remain? It is happening to all the actors involved in the sex actor just one?

Does the tattoo you add even show up at all? Does the blue go away if you remove the tattoo?

It doesn't disappear a while after. It applies only to me.

Blue appears after sex or after going to the MCM SlaveTats even if there is NO tatoos on me at all.

Tattoos don't show up.

But after this sequence:

1. showracemenu (still blue)

2. r (create character) (still blue)

3. apply any tatoo in the SlaveTats MCM

All tattoos are showing up and parts of the body that have tattoos get their normal texture. And then any tattoos for this part of body will apply normally. I didn't checked if it breaks after sex again.

This is weird and I'm still need help, because my hands and foots are still blue after all this, cause I don't have tattoos for them. And this bug is annoying.

Not sure if this helps at all...

Sometimes when I want to make changes to an existing character, I'll open racemenu and move the skin color slider or one of others, and the tattoo colors will all change to a light grey or tan color and I can barely see them. If I change a slider for one of the tat colors then they'll all pop back visible.

My brain is addled with a head cold so this might make less sense and I'm to wiped to go back a page or 2... have you reinstalled your body type to see if the skin texture is messed up?

Blue appears after sex or after going to the MCM SlaveTats even if there is NO tatoos on me at all.

Tattoos don't show up.

But after this sequence:

All tattoos are showing up and parts of the body that have tattoos get their normal texture. And then any tattoos for this part of body will apply normally. I didn't checked if it breaks after sex again.

This is weird and I'm still need help, because my hands and foots are still blue after all this, cause I don't have tattoos for them. And this bug is annoying.

My character periodically has the blue body.

Remove tattoo it goes away

Changing cell it goes away

After sex blue, it goes away after sperm wears off

And it goes away after reloading game

I have the blue a lot less after installing Crash Fixes mod and following recommendations on that mods OP

Tattoos don't show up.

But after this sequence:

My character periodically has the blue body.

Remove tattoo it goes away

Changing cell it goes away

After sex blue, it goes away after sperm wears off

And it goes away after reloading game

I have the blue a lot less after installing Crash Fixes mod and following recommendations on that mods OP

UPD: My sequence doesn't work. Sometimes I can get even more blue.

Remove tattoo - it doesn't go away

Changing cell - it doesn't go away

Reloading game - it doesn't go away.

I have Crash Fixes too.

So I'm putting together a small pack for myself - am I right in reading the last few posts that I shouldn't do face overlays yet because of the decapitation issue?  (There are at least two vanilla talents that enable decapitations, although I've heard that there are mods out there to disable all decapitation killmoves.)

Maybe that explains why I've never seen a decapitation - I always play as either a mage or thief, so am always killing with spells or a sneaky dagger in the back.

Maybe that explains why I've never seen a decapitation - I always play as either a mage or thief, so am always killing with spells or a sneaky dagger in the back.

Yeah, no decap moves for daggers. The talents are in 1H and 2H. I pretty much always go for them just because the killmoves look cool, but if they're likely to cause bugs I don't mind disabling them.

But, I'm wondering if it's worth making face tatts at all, at least for SlaveTatts. (I was a little confused about NiOverride disabling face overlays because RaceMenu still has warpaints...then I realized that warpaints != overlays.)

Depending on the intended use of your facial tats, I'd say they're most likely safe.

If you want bandits that you're killing to wear them.. not so good, but if you are marking safe-in-city NPCs or slaves stuck in a slave (not crawling) dungeon then you'd be fine.

I often play mage/thief dual classes as well as Illusion in particular with invis and fury compliment a sneaky archer quite well but I'll bust out a 2H with my barbi types sometimes and whack heads but since nothing automatically gets a facial tat in my game it doesn't matter at all. If I put one of the facial ones on my PC I haven't had an issue either as I don't get decap and rarely actually die with the mods I have.

Depending on the intended use of your facial tats, I'd say they're most likely safe.

If you want bandits that you're killing to wear them.. not so good, but if you are marking safe-in-city NPCs or slaves stuck in a slave (not crawling) dungeon then you'd be fine.

I'm not sure how I could set them up to be automatically enabled; I haven't had a chance to play the game with SlaveTats yet, and I haven't the faintest clue what I'm doing with Papyrus scripting. I do know that some mods can apply SlaveTats overlays, but, correct me if I'm wrong, don't they usually draw from specific packs? 

Not just packs but location too. I am not sure I understand, but do you know how Slavetats works in general? Nothing is automatic unless you have an outside mod that uses Slavetats and then it would be the mod's fault, not Slavetats, if you have a tat placed on a character's head that is decapitated later.

If an outside mod needs "a pack" it will tell you that you need to have "x tat" but more likely it will supply the tat and depend on you having Slavetats so it can use that to apply the tat.

So, are you making a mod to use Slavetats, or do you want to just apply tats to a character manually using the mod's MCM? Are you not able to play the game right now, or have you just not installed the mod and given it a try? Why not?

Has anyone had an issue with the font being screwed up and displaying nothing but rectangles where the letters should be (in the MCM for both group and tattoo) for some of the tattoo packs. Not all packs have this problem but I cant tell exactly which packs are the culprit because of them being in rectangle form. 

I have seen this type of error before and usually it was some kind of font error having to do with a font mod or a mod that requires a specific font which isn't present. I have already gone through my tattoo packs to make sure they are all in English. Any ideas?

Hi, I'm using your mod and it's working great.

However in the "slavetats" menu in MCM (from SKSE), I can rightly put body, hand and feet tatoos, (and choose their type, color, glowing and glossing) but under "face tattos" there is just nothing.

How can I fix this? (I'm sorry I didn't read the 100+ pages of discussion here :'( .)