Hi, I'm using your mod and it's working great.

However in the "slavetats" menu in MCM (from SKSE), I can rightly put body, hand and feet tatoos, (and choose their type, color, glowing and glossing) but under "face tattos" there is just nothing.

How can I fix this? (I'm sorry I didn't read the 100+ pages of discussion here :'( .)

I would usually send others to do search work as well, but this requires a bit more information than some responses in the thread have available.

Problem is that Netimmerse Override can crash the game from decapitation events. This is why face layer feature is disabled by default. In order to use face layers you should need to do two things.

- Set face layers active from nioverride.ini.

• * File is located in Data>SKSE>Plugins. If you are using MO, then check under your RaceMenu folder, or NiO folder (if using NiO as standalone. NiO is already fully added to RaceMenu.)
  •  Ovelays: bEnableFaceOverlays=1

- Disable combat decapitations from the MCM of this mod. You can use this mod to do so. There are other methods, but VioLens also allows you to manage other combat killmove animations, including somewhat buggy player targeted killmoves.

Problem does not affect decapitations managed by vanilla scenes, unless some mod includes overlays to decapitated characters.

VioLens - A Killmove Mod by Reko

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/56980/?

You might want to rename the mod that contains your edited nioverride.ini to reflect that face layers are set active from it. My RaceMenu in MO is named: RaceMenu v3-4 FACE OVERLAY ACTIVE. Just so I do not accidentally forgot and then wonder what the heck I have been doing.

Edit: Fixed misleading part from the post.

Not just packs but location too. I am not sure I understand, but do you know how Slavetats works in general? Nothing is automatic unless you have an outside mod that uses Slavetats and then it would be the mod's fault, not Slavetats, if you have a tat placed on a character's head that is decapitated later.

If an outside mod needs "a pack" it will tell you that you need to have "x tat" but more likely it will supply the tat and depend on you having Slavetats so it can use that to apply the tat.

So, are you making a mod to use Slavetats, or do you want to just apply tats to a character manually using the mod's MCM? Are you not able to play the game right now, or have you just not installed the mod and given it a try? Why not?

Sorry, took a while to get back!

At the time, I was unable to play the game at all - my main PC's PSU gave up the ghost, and it needed an upgrade anyway, so I was stuck on a potato rig that could barely run the game at all; my main PC is almost up and running now (waiting on the new GPU to arrive) and I've been able to try SlaveTats out a little on a bare-bones build.

I hadn't used SlaveTats before because I (incorrectly) believed that it couldn't be used alongside RaceMenu. It's proving useful in helping to get overlay designs into the game quickly so I can tweak their appearance, though I'm still going to convert some designs for use with RaceMenu later. (Once I can make them look good, at least - could be quite a while! I'm struggling with getting the edges of some designs to stop looking overly sharp, and I'm still learning how to tweak them to counter distortion from the body shape.)

All I'm making is the overlay texture and adding them to Slavetats - they have to be applied manually through the MCM for now. Scripting anything to automatically apply them is miles beyond my skill, I think.

I'm just not sure how popular facial overlays are, given the bug. I only have a few ideas for them though (one of which - scalp tattoos - is proving significantly more difficult than I first thought) so it's not a huge deal, and I could release them separately. (Though, it'll be a while yet - I can only work on these for a couple of hours every day, so progress is very slow.)

It's proving useful in helping to get overlay designs into the game quickly so I can tweak their appearance, though I'm still going to convert some designs for use with RaceMenu later. (Once I can make them look good, at least - could be quite a while! I'm struggling with getting the edges of some designs to stop looking overly sharp, and I'm still learning how to tweak them to counter distortion from the body shape.)

This is rather late in a recent conversation right here in this thread about exactly how to overcome the distortions, look both ways in the thread for the rest of the conversation.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/25398-slavetats/?p=1791315

Hi, I'm using your mod and it's working great.

However in the "slavetats" menu in MCM (from SKSE), I can rightly put body, hand and feet tatoos, (and choose their type, color, glowing and glossing) but under "face tattos" there is just nothing.

How can I fix this? (I'm sorry I didn't read the 100+ pages of discussion here :'( .)

I would usually send others to do search work as well, but this requires a bit more information than some responses in the thread have available.

Problem is that Netimmerse Override can crash the game from decapitation events. This is why face layer feature is disabled by default. In order to use face layers you should need to do two things.

- Set face layers active from nioverride.ini.

• * File is located in Data>SKSE>Plugins. If you are using MO, then check under your RaceMenu folder, or NiO folder (if using NiO as standalone. NiO is already fully added to RaceMenu.)
  •  Ovelays: bEnableFaceOverlays=1

- Disable combat decapitations from the MCM of this mod. Problem does not seems to affect decapitations managed by scenes, so events in Helgen and Solitude should progress normally. You can use this mod to so. There are other methods, but VioLens also allows you to manage other combat killmove animations, including somewhat buggy player targeted killmoves.

VioLens - A Killmove Mod by Reko

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/56980/?

You might want to rename the mod that contains your edited nioverride.ini to reflect that face layers are set active from it. My RaceMenu in MO is named: RaceMenu v3-4 FACE OVERLAY ACTIVE. Just so I do not accidentally forgot and then wonder what the heck I have been doing.

After reading a bit, I am now doubtful of what I assume correct. The crash induced by NiOverride will happens with any actor or just the player? Because, if it's just the player, all that is needed is a player that never dies. Unless I'm totally wrong and CTD will happens when the player behead a random NPC.

Okay. Slightly misleading information from my part. Vanilla scenes are not affected, because characters do not have any overlays on. If some mod would add them, then those would of course crash the game as well.

I will correct the post, in case someone reads it without reading these comments.

I'm trying to convert the textures in  this mod into a overlay that works with slavetats but unexpected things keep happening to the colors. This is how the body texture from the original mod looks.

post-167641-0-42714100-1486614007_thumb.jpg

I converted it to a transparent overlay.

post-167641-0-59442400-1486614122_thumb.png

When I use the above texture as an overlay in slavetats, slavetats replaces the color. Here's black.

post-167641-0-96138600-1486614004_thumb.jpg

Here's red.

post-167641-0-54292600-1486614006_thumb.jpg

The red version looks pretty close to the original, but I kinda want to know why this happens. I thought only 444544 gets replaced. 

Hello, I'm trying to make my own slavetats. I can't figure out though how to save them.

Every time I save a .dds with a Photoshop Plugin (which I searched ages for), nvidia dds format opens up to ask me about a buttload of parameters I don't have the slightest clue about.

So now I have a transparent layer with the tattoo in the color #444544, positioned as I need it. skin texture under it is deleted. I try to save it, get an elaborate save menu and I'm lost.

I don't know what any of that stuff means, and every option I picked so far was completely wrong.

I tried the DTX5 option. The A 8bpp alpha option. Several others that had alpha in it.

Nothing. I can apply it ingame, but either nothing shows up, or it completely messes up the body texture, making it brighter or completely black.

Please explain to me what kind of options I need here, because I'm a complete texture novice, and I never found anything helpful on the basics of that topic.

Also, will the tattoos later turn black by default, or do I have to set up something? The OP mentions I can set the colors, but doesn't explain how.

post-13103-0-03926200-1487196664_thumb.jpg

post-13103-0-09251000-1487196677_thumb.jpg

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but since this is the Thread for the Mod i think it is ok to pose my question here. So, Slavetats somehow reduces my charackters Stamina. i cant really say how, after an hour or so playing I was wondering why sprinting depletet the Stamina so fast and after that cheked the stats. I tried out a former save and installed/deinstalled the newest mods one at a time so im sure Slavetats is doing that, anybody know a fix for this ?/had this Problem before ?

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but since this is the Thread for the Mod i think it is ok to pose my question here. So, Slavetats somehow reduces my charackters Stamina. i cant really say how, after an hour or so playing I was wondering why sprinting depletet the Stamina so fast and after that cheked the stats. I tried out a former save and installed/deinstalled the newest mods one at a time so im sure Slavetats is doing that, anybody know a fix for this ?/had this Problem before ?

SlaveTats has nothing to do with this.  You may have another mod that requires slave tats that also may be affecting stamina, but SlaveTats itself does nothing with Stamina (, nor Health, nor Magika).  Try posting your load order (in another thread or create a new thread for this in the Technical Support section) with a complete explanation of what you are seeing, and someone may notice a particular mod that you have that is the actual cause.

Sorry to crosspost but I'm not sure if this a Fade Tattoo or Slavetats issue.

One thing I have noticed using Slavetats, Rape Tattoos and Fade Tattoos is that the .skse file is a bit larger than expected (though nothing I'd lose sleep over).

I did some testing by taking saves while tats were applied then after when they had faded, when I check in the .skse file I noticed that the tats are still listed in there. Should these not be cleared periodically?

It's hardly a showstopper, but when I checked my usual .skse size for around 100 hours is about 160k whereas after 50 hours I was up at around 257k

Something very strange is happening with these mods when I download them, when I downloaded the Rutah tattoo's and others, they worked perfectly, then I think I started a new game or something and found out later when I was looking in my Nexus mod manager that all the names of the tat packs I got from here had changed into something called DE Necro, upon clicking to see what this was, it said it was a texture replacer for the Necromancers amulet...dafuk?! lol

I tried deleting them all and re-downloading them from this download page, the computer would say that it was downloading them by the correct name, but when I checked NMM, they were still transforming into the DE Necro thing, I don't understand what on earth would cause such a thing, I've never even used a mod called DE Necro before so shouldn't have any...I dunno...residual data from said mod causing glitches in my mod manager.

Any clues as to what's happening? By the way, it doesn't happen with any other mod I've tried to download, only all these Slavetat packs. :s

P:S in NMM the author name of this DE Necro mod is apparently "Dark_elf" when I click on the version number it takes me to a nexus page for his mod and his name is apparently "Darkelf71"

I don't know what's going on here but I'm feeling as tho one of us has been hacked by this person, I'm guessing ur mod has, as this weirdness doesn't happen when I download anything else as I said, the Elf/Orc pack seems to be fine...god this is spinning me out.

Something very strange is happening with these mods when I download them, when I downloaded the Rutah tattoo's and others, they worked perfectly, then I think I started a new game or something and found out later when I was looking in my Nexus mod manager that all the names of the tat packs I got from here had changed into something called DE Necro, upon clicking to see what this was, it said it was a texture replacer for the Necromancers amulet...dafuk?! lol

I tried deleting them all and re-downloading them from this download page, the computer would say that it was downloading them by the correct name, but when I checked NMM, they were still transforming into the DE Necro thing, I don't understand what on earth would cause such a thing, I've never even used a mod called DE Necro before so shouldn't have any...I dunno...residual data from said mod causing glitches in my mod manager.

Any clues as to what's happening? By the way, it doesn't happen with any other mod I've tried to download, only all these Slavetat packs. :s

P:S in NMM the author name of this DE Necro mod is apparently "Dark_elf" when I click on the version number it takes me to a nexus page for his mod and his name is apparently "Darkelf71"

I don't know what's going on here but I'm feeling as tho one of us has been hacked by this person, I'm guessing ur mod has, as this weirdness doesn't happen when I download anything else as I said, the Elf/Orc pack seems to be fine...god this is spinning me out.

I think NMM has an "issue" that sometimes it will assign Nexus IDs to non nexus mods based on similar name or some other file evaluation. It doesn't mean anything nefarious has happened, just a bit of mistaken identity on NMMs part, because it wants to link everything back to the Nexus.

Probably not in this thread but likely other threads here at LL and potentially some Nexus forums would have more information about this behavior.

I think NMM has an "issue" that sometimes it will assign Nexus IDs to non nexus mods based on similar name or some other file evaluation. It doesn't mean anything nefarious has happened, just a bit of mistaken identity on NMMs part, because it wants to link everything back to the Nexus.

Probably not in this thread but likely other threads here at LL and potentially some Nexus forums would have more information about this behavior.

It's not really a bug with NMM, it's that when a mod is downloaded through Nexus, NMM has an id that it matches up to and stores that in your local NMM.  If a mod is manually added, NMM will look at the name of the mod to decipher the id.  A lot of times, the name of the mod (the zipped file name) contains either a version number or a date.  It uses that version/date to match up to Nexus ids.  If I remember correctly it was the date included in the name of the zipped folder for the slave tat packs (I ran into this eons ago).  The simplest way to "fix" it is rename the zipped file removing any numbers from the name before adding it to NMM.

I have noticed something very interesting when using this mod. The mod works perfectly on the characters with a name or any custom characters added by other mod. But somehow, it does not work on the nameless characters like bandits, vampires, hunters, or farmers.

I used wench mod to distribute the hair, skin, and bodies to nameless characters, so some of bandits and vampires are very beautiful and sexy to havome as a slave. Pity that I cannot put the slave tats on them. 

I have done search, but it seems that nobody noticed this. I guess nobody is trying to enslave the nameless NPCs since they are orginally not sexy at all.

So any idea how and why this is happening? :-/

I have noticed something very interesting when using this mod. The mod works perfectly on the characters with a name or any custom characters added by other mod. But somehow, it does not work on the nameless characters like bandits, vampires, hunters, or farmers.

I used wench mod to distribute the hair, skin, and bodies to nameless characters, so some of bandits and vampires are very beautiful and sexy to havome as a slave. Pity that I cannot put the slave tats on them. 

I have done search, but it seems that nobody noticed this. I guess nobody is trying to enslave the nameless NPCs since they are orginally not sexy at all.

So any idea how and why this is happening? :-/

"I have done search, but it seems that nobody noticed this." - I have to say you haven't searched very hard :P .  It is a known issue with several mods:  SlaveTats, slavery mods (slave will up and disappear), renamers, etc.  I believe that the main part of the problem is how the generic NPCs are handled by the skyrim engine - they are periodically recycled by the skyrim engine.   There have been reports of people applying a tat to a generic female bandit that disappeared, then finding a MALE bandit later in the game with the same applied tat.  Named NPCs are not recycled like the generic actors, so that's why they work.  Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way around the issue - I think some of the slavery mods try to get around this be duplicating the NPC, but the problem is it's still a generic NPC and will eventually be recycled.

I'm having a problem, I came here because maybe someone else has had this problem, the face section of the mcm menu is blank, I know its has to do with the face of you character or npc  being oversaturated, to be orderly and save everyone i'm not demanding anything even though I know its coming out that way.

1. Should it be blank or just have the three slots labeled as external

2. Are There any mods know to casues this or an installation in the wrong order

Thank you for you time. This mod is still great and thats why I want to fix this problem

I'm having a problem, I came here because maybe someone else has had this problem, the face section of the mcm menu is blank, I know its has to do with the face of you character or npc  being oversaturated, to be orderly and save everyone i'm not demanding anything even though I know its coming out that way.

Thank you for you time. This mod is still great and thats why I want to fix this problem

Find your niooveride.ini and make sure the face section looks like this:

; Determines whether face overlays are enabled

; disabling this disables the hook

; Note: face overlays are known to crash when decapitated

bEnableFaceOverlays=1 ; Default[0]

The problem is that when using this mod to apply textures to the face, whenever you or an npc that has the texture applied is decapitated, the game will ctd. If you have a mod that can disable decapitation kill moves (I highly recommend Violens on the nexus) then you can follow these steps to enable face tats:

1. In your skse plugins folder find nioverride.ini (data/skse/plugins)

2. Open nioverride.ini using notepad++

3. Under the overlays section, change bEnableFaceOverlays=0 to bEnableFaceOverlays=1

Again I strongly recommend getting a mod that disables decapitation kill moves or otherwise only put the face textures on characters that cannot be killed.

The problem is that when using this mod to apply textures to the face, whenever you or an npc that has the texture applied is decapitated, the game will ctd. If you have a mod that can disable decapitation kill moves (I highly recommend Violens on the nexus) then you can follow these steps to enable face tats:

1. In your skse plugins folder find nioverride.ini (data/skse/plugins)

2. Open nioverride.ini using notepad++

3. Under the overlays section, change bEnableFaceOverlays=0 to bEnableFaceOverlays=1

Again I strongly recommend getting a mod that disables decapitation kill moves or otherwise only put the face textures on characters that cannot be killed.

Thanks everthing is back to normal