If you can explain them better than I did, Oli, go for it.

I still find the process a bit hit and miss when I do it, if I'm honest.

tricky workflow ... yep ... it is...

the limitations of blender you have to think of...

i try a tutorial with screenshots and stuff... i hope you can add some of your experience if needed...

Moin

Oli

Example:

post-70730-0-82758000-1484689066_thumb.png

post-70730-0-90162800-1484689094_thumb.png

post-70730-0-07843100-1484689111_thumb.png

Ok... i see...

You should make your text tattoo a brush.....

I see if i can make a more in depht tutorial(with pictures) .... but you have to wait for the weekend.

Or better... i make a nice basic blendfile an you and others can use it for tattoos.

I think that is the fastest way to explain things..

Moin

Oli

If you do that consider making it a new thread in this forum:

http://www.loverslab.com/forum/29-tutorials-guides/

The information will be useful in more than just Skyrim and that would be an appropriate place for it to reside. Not saying you must but asking you to consider it.

Ok... i see...

You should make your text tattoo a brush.....

I see if i can make a more in depht tutorial(with pictures) .... but you have to wait for the weekend.

Or better... i make a nice basic blendfile an you and others can use it for tattoos.

I think that is the fastest way to explain things..

Moin

Oli

Yes, I think I could do it with a brush, but (1) my hand is not very steady and (2) the idea that I have fits (at least to me) with a tat that would be applied in an offical (Jarl approved) font, i.e. more of a stamp or brand than an individualized tattoo.  It seems that it can be done, one of the tutorials linked off of Doc's blog shows a pre-made image being applied to the mesh, I'm just struggling to learn how to do it.

As a start, just to make sure I haven't gotten anything horribly wrong already, when Doc's blog says "project images onto body mesh", the body mesh referred to is the femalebody_1.nif, isn't it?  And "paste designs into a transparent layer on top of a skin texture", the skin texture is the femalebody_1.dds, correct?  That is what I surmised by trying it, but it shows the depth of ignorance some of us are starting at, that I didn't already know that.

I can create a transparent layer in Gimp containing the tattoo in a text box, placed approximately where I want it over the skin texture, save it as a dds and use it as a Slavetats tattoo, so my next step is figuring out how to get that layer into Blender and then apply it to the mesh.

As it is I won't have time to work at it any more until Friday anyway.

I really appreciate any and all help.

Edit: Having read your next post, with the screenshots, I notice a difference with what I am seeing in blender.  When I import femalebody_1.nif I can see the body in the Blender window, but it's black, not flesh colored like yours.  Is that because you've applied a texture to it?

I get a bunch of errors in the ingame console and tatoos aren't showing.

[Error] Can't parse JSON file at 'DATA/TEXTURES/actors/character/slavetats/slut' at line 1:0 - '[' or '{' expected near end of file

But I have json files for tatoos in that folder and these are correct files. I downloaded them from SlaveTats Downloads page.

It seems that it can be done, one of the tutorials linked off of Doc's blog shows a pre-made image being applied to the mesh, I'm just struggling to learn how to do it.

Yeah, it can be done. I make my designs in Inkscape, export them to png and then use Blender's Quick Projection feature to map them onto the mesh.

As a start, just to make sure I haven't gotten anything horribly wrong already, when Doc's blog says "project images onto body mesh", the body mesh referred to is the femalebody_1.nif, isn't it?

Yeah. Load up the model in Blender, get the area you want to tattoo zoomed in on the viewport and choose the "quick projection" button from the buttons on the left hand side of the pane.

And "paste designs into a transparent layer on top of a skin texture", the skin texture is the femalebody_1.dds, correct?

OK, yes and no here.

What should happen is that the Quick Projection button should launch The Gimp (or your image editor of choice) with the image in the edit pane loaded into the editor. You can then edit the image and when you're done what is in the picture will be mapped back onto the top texture of the model in Blender.

So if you're doing a tat, you want just the tattoo on a transparent background. So what you need to do is to create a transparent texture, and make sure that is the last texture to apply to the model.

Then, in Gimp, you make a new transparent layer on top of the image it imported from Blender. You add your image to that but because the blender image is visible underneath you can see how it looks. Them (and this is important) you hide the lower layer in Gimp so that you now have a transparent image with your tattoo on it, and then then re-export the image so it overwrites the file name Blender used when it exported the image in the first place.

Close Gimp, hit the "apply" button on the Blender Quick Projection panel and if all goes well your transparent texture in blender will get the tattoo image added to it, distorted in such a way that it will appear on the model as it did in the Gimp.

Is that any clearer? It's a complex process, I know.

Edit: Having read your next post, with the screenshots, I notice a difference with what I am seeing in blender.  When I import femalebody_1.nif I can see the body in the Blender window, but it's black, not flesh colored like yours.  Is that because you've applied a texture to it?

Yeah. What you want to do is apply the skin texture from the game to the model in Blender, and then create a new trasparent texture in Blender that is applied after the texture. So your edits will be to the transparent one and not the skin texture.

A good way to do it is to create a completely transparent png of the right side and import that in Blender.

I get a bunch of errors in the ingame console and tatoos aren't showing.

[Error] Can't parse JSON file at 'DATA/TEXTURES/actors/character/slavetats/slut' at line 1:0 - '[' or '{' expected near end of file

But I have json files for tatoos in that folder and these are correct files. I downloaded them from SlaveTats Downloads page.

I'm not guessing about how it happened, but that error means that at least one of the json files is missing its last character, which should be an ] or } to balance out the first character in the file.

"At line 1:0" though. I wondered if this was a case of Mod Organiser putting the virtual files somewhere unexpected...

Not necessarily. That's the example of a compiler error that is more logic than technically syntax. It flags the location where the first extra is found, not the location of the missing one (which it cannot know).

I happen to remember finding something similar in my logs as well, but I don't remember if I found the offending json file or if I just gave up and decided that since all my tattoos showed up, it wasn't worth me looking anymore.

Most likely the file missing the } is the one loaded before, in this case, slut.json.  I seem to remember my problem being that alphabetically, the file before mine was just fine (or I found and fixed it... can't remember).

I checked all .json and .js files using json_validator. All is fine.

I installed all tats packs to check what I like and what I don't.

anal.json
Androol.js
AndroolPetPlay.js
AndroolSlut.js
AndroolSub.js
Art_Rutah.json
brat.json
civil_war.json
criminal.json
Denial.json
dominant.json
draconic.json
makeup.json
makeup_2.json
NordicTats.json
petplay.json
preg.json
property.json
scrawl.json
slut.json
sm.json
sperm.json
sperm_heavy.json
stockings.json
submissive.json
symbols.json
vampire.json
whore.json
zoo.json

It seems that it can be done, one of the tutorials linked off of Doc's blog shows a pre-made image being applied to the mesh, I'm just struggling to learn how to do it.

Yeah, it can be done. I make my designs in Inkscape, export them to png and then use Blender's Quick Projection feature to map them onto the mesh.

As a start, just to make sure I haven't gotten anything horribly wrong already, when Doc's blog says "project images onto body mesh", the body mesh referred to is the femalebody_1.nif, isn't it?

Yeah. Load up the model in Blender, get the area you want to tattoo zoomed in on the viewport and choose the "quick projection" button from the buttons on the left hand side of the pane.

And "paste designs into a transparent layer on top of a skin texture", the skin texture is the femalebody_1.dds, correct?

OK, yes and no here.

What should happen is that the Quick Projection button should launch The Gimp (or your image editor of choice) with the image in the edit pane loaded into the editor. You can then edit the image and when you're done what is in the picture will be mapped back onto the top texture of the model in Blender.

So if you're doing a tat, you want just the tattoo on a transparent background. So what you need to do is to create a transparent texture, and make sure that is the last texture to apply to the model.

Then, in Gimp, you make a new transparent layer on top of the image it imported from Blender. You add your image to that but because the blender image is visible underneath you can see how it looks. Them (and this is important) you hide the lower layer in Gimp so that you now have a transparent image with your tattoo on it, and then then re-export the image so it overwrites the file name Blender used when it exported the image in the first place.

Close Gimp, hit the "apply" button on the Blender Quick Projection panel and if all goes well your transparent texture in blender will get the tattoo image added to it, distorted in such a way that it will appear on the model as it did in the Gimp.

Is that any clearer? It's a complex process, I know.

Yeah. What you want to do is apply the skin texture from the game to the model in Blender, and then create a new trasparent texture in Blender that is applied after the texture. So your edits will be to the transparent one and not the skin texture.

A good way to do it is to create a completely transparent png of the right side and import that in Blender.

Many many thanks for your responses.  I'll try to work on it some more this weekend.

Ok, I reinstalled SlaveTats and all its packs. Still got that errors, but now tatoos are showing.

And I found the cause of periodically changing skin to 'blue skin'. SlaveTats does that. Thats sad.

Did somebody experienced that kind of problem before? I installed SlaveTats because of Sangiune's Debauchery+ (So.. SlaveTats, SD+ and SlaveTats patch from SD+ page). Am I doing right?

Ok, I reinstalled SlaveTats and all its packs. Still got that errors, but now tatoos are showing.

And I found the cause of periodically changing skin to 'blue skin'. SlaveTats does that. Thats sad.

Did somebody experienced that kind of problem before? I installed SlaveTats because of Sangiune's Debauchery+ (So.. SlaveTats, SD+ and SlaveTats patch from SD+ page). Am I doing right?

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/52739-deviant-pack-for-slavetats/?p=1581689

The "blue skin" is a texture size problem. Search for Ordenator or use Paint.Net or Gimp to fix.

The "blue skin" is a texture size problem. Search for Ordenator or use Paint.Net or Gimp to fix.

How to fix this with Ordenator? I need to recompress textures or change size? Or what?

Or I just need to scale down some tatoos? x4096 to x2048?

How to fix this with Ordenator? I need to recompress textures or change size? Or what?

Yes, use Ordenator to scale down the textures. To be honest you really don't need textures that are higher res than your monitor or game settings. High res textures are good because future monitors, video cards etc may be likely to accept them but until you get the better equipment you can use Ordenator to scale them down to what you have.

Yes, use Ordenator to scale down the textures. To be honest you really don't need textures that are higher res than your monitor or game settings. High res textures are good because future monitors, video cards etc may be likely to accept them but until you get the better equipment you can use Ordenator to scale them down to what you have.

My PC can't hanlde more anyways :D I'm using DDSOpt. Thanks.

I CAN'T get it to work!

It keeps turning my character blue after sex even if there is NO tatoos on me! That's extremely annoying.

I have x2048 textures and x1024 normal maps for characters. I used DDSOpt on every tatoo, I set up max resolution to x2048.

And still, after sex or trying to apply a tatoo, I get blue skin.

I consider this as a bug and ask to fix it.

I CAN'T get it to work!

It keeps turning my character blue after sex even if there is NO tatoos on me! That's extremely annoying.

I have x2048 textures and x1024 normal maps for characters. I used DDSOpt on every tatoo, I set up max resolution to x2048.

PEBKAC - Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair.

Not completely true but it's a result of something you have done and is NOT a bug in the mod.

"Blue" skin sounds a lot like a missing skin texture problem for the character your are trying to tattoo.

You haven't done something incredibly wrong like turning on the "Nude Suit" option in the Sexlab Framework have you?

I CAN'T get it to work!

Not completely true but it's a result of something you have done and is NOT a bug in the mod.

"Blue" skin sounds a lot like a missing skin texture problem for the character your are trying to tattoo.

You haven't done something incredibly wrong like turning on the "Nude Suit" option in the Sexlab Framework have you?

Of course I didn't checked 'Nude Suit'.

Look, I create a character. It works fine.

Then I'm trying to get some sex. Its fine.

And right after sex (or trying to get into SlaveTats MCM) skin turns blue.

So, I have all textures for my character right, because at start my skin has its color.

I CAN'T get it to work!

Of course I didn't checked 'Nude Suit

Look, I create a character. It works fine.

Then I'm trying to get some sex. Its fine.

And right after sex (or trying to get into SlaveTats MCM) skin turns blue.

So, I have all textures for my character right, because at start my skin has its color.

The fact you say you are seeing it happen after sex as well says you have something messed up.

Can't even begin to say why since you've given us no information about your setup other than you are running the Sexlab Framework and Slavetats.

Give us a load order (in spoiler tags please) and we'll look and see if we can find anything that stands out. Hopefully it will be something really simple.

Sure. Bold text is for mods somehow related to adult content.

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm
ApachiiHair.esm

daymoyl.esm
hdtHighHeel.esm
ZaZAnimationPack.esm
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
SexLab.esm
SexLabAroused.esm
CreatureFramework.esm
dcc-soulgem-oven-000.esm
Devious Devices - Assets.esm
Devious Devices - Integration.esm
Devious Devices - Expansion.esm
paradise_halls.esm

HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
Cutting Room Floor.esp
STEP Vanilla Optimized Textures - Standard.esp
STEP DLC Optimized Textures - Standard.esp
Appropriately Attired Jarls Redux.esp
Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp
Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp
SPTConsistentOlderPeople.esp
Invisibility Eyes Fix.esp
NARC.esp
Weapons & Armor_TrueOrcishWeapons.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp
RND_AnimalLoot.esp
CCF_RND_Patch.esp
Disease Descriptions_RND Compatibile.esp
DD_Dawnguard Additions.esp
DD_Dragonborn Additions.esp
iHUD.esp
Chesko_LoreBasedLoadingScreens.esp
SkyUI.esp
ViewableFactionRanksBothDLC.esp
83Willows_101BUGS_V4_LowerRes_HighSpawn.esp
Beards.esp
Brows.esp
ORM-Arvak.esp
BetterQuestObjectives.esp
aMidianBorn_ContentAddon.esp
Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp
imp_helm_legend.esp
ExplosiveBoltsVisualized.esp
Elemental Staves.esp
GQJ_DG_vampireamuletfix.esp
Mage Outfit Texture Overhaul.esp
Animated Weapon Enchants.esp
Paralyze.esp
BFSEffects.esp
DawnguardRuneWeaponsFXSReplacer.esp
TheChoiceIsYours.esp
Book Covers Skyrim.esp
SkyrimCoinReplacerRedux.esp
hearthfireextended.esp
TradeBarter.esp
Point The Way.esp
Thieves Guild Requirements.esp
SFO - Dragonborn.esp
Oblivion Gates v3 without Markers - Skyrim + Dawnguard DLC.esp
Bring Out Your Dead - Legendary Edition.esp
SkyrimImprovedPuddles-DG-HF-DB.esp
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
PilgrimsDelight.esp
The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp
EmbersHD.esp
mintylightningmod.esp
WondersofWeather.esp
Radiant and Unique Potions Poisons and Booze.esp
Soul Gems Differ.esp
BWS.esp
ADS.esp
DragonShoutVoice.esp
IHSS.esp
randomthunder.esp
Improved Combat Sounds v2.2.esp
Auto Unequip Ammo.esp
Better Stealth AI for Followers.esp
ClamsDropPearls.esp
Nausicaa's Tweaker.esp
Convenient Horses.esp
Dual Wield Parrying_SKSE.esp
Gildergreen Regrown.esp
HFE-CRF-Patch.esp
Lock Overhaul.esp
NotSoFast-MainQuest.esp
SMDropLitTorch.esp
TimingIsEverything.esp
Traps Make Noise.esp
WetandCold.esp
WetandCold - Ashes.esp
WM Trap Fixes.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-CRFPatch.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-DBForevertoMisc.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-PaarDilemmaPatch.esp
Slightly Reduced Distance NPC Greetings.esp
dD-No Spinning Death Animation Merged.esp
Moss Rocks.esp
Dual Sheath Redux.esp

FNIS.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp
SOS - Shop.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
XPMSE.esp

GrassOnSteroids_NaturalEdition_SFO.esp
RelightingSkyrim_Legendary.esp
Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp
ELE_Legendary_Lite.esp
Immersive Citizens - ELE patch.esp
ApachiiChopped1.6.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
FarmhouseChimneys.esp
RealisticWaterTwo.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp
AOS.esp
DeadlySpellImpacts.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp
FarmhouseChimneysLAL+CRF.esp
BlockSparkles.esp
AOS2_DSI Patch.esp
AOS2_EBT Patch.esp
AOS2_IWIE Patch.esp
AOS2_WAF Patch.esp
AOS2_WetandCold Patch.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-AlternateStartPatch.esp
Complete Crafting_TrueWeaponsLvlLists.esp
Blacksmithforge water fix Vanilla.esp
Blacksmithforge water fix DG.esp
Blacksmithforge water fix HF.esp
Blacksmithforge water fix DB.esp
Clanking Armor.esp
YOT - Your Own Thoughts.esp
Animations.esp
OBIS.esp
OBISDB.esp
OBIS DG Faction Patch.esp

Devious Deviants.esp

UIExtensions.esp
TouringCarriages.esp
TC-CRF.esp
LPBards.esp

SLAnimLoader.esp
SLALAnimObj.esp
MoreNastyCritters.esp
SexLabNudeCreatures.esp
SexLabNudeCreaturesDG.esp
SexLabNudeCreaturesDB.esp
HentaiCreatures.esp
SexLabTools.esp
Devious Devices - Gags+.esp
Masque of Clavicus Vile.esp
GagSFX.esp
GagSFXDawnguard.esp
GagSFXHearthfires.esp
GagSFXDragonborn.esp
FtM_3 - OBIS + CCOR.esp
SexLab_Dialogues.esp
SexLabDefeat.esp
dcc-dm2.esp
paradise_halls_farengars_study.esp
paradise_halls_SLExtension.esp
PAH_HomeSweetHome.esp
EstrusChaurus.esp
Captured Dreams.esp
Deviously Cursed Loot.esp
Devious Devices For Him.esp
DD For Him - Captured Dreams patch.esp
Deviously Cursed Loot Patch For Him.esp
mslDeviousCaptures.esp
DeviouslyHelpless.esp
xazPrisonOverhaul.esp
SlaveTats.esp
sanguinesDebauchery.esp
SlaveTatsEventsBridge.esp
xazPrisonOverhaul - Patch.esp
SexLab-Parasites.esp
Alternate Start - Live A Deviant Life.esp
ImmerSlave.esp
ImmerSlave-DeviceCut.esp

ContinueGameNoCrash.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp
Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp
EveryBody's Different.esp

Didn't see anything that stood out to me but I did have a thought.

After sex open the console, select your player and enter "dispelallspells". Close the console and see if the skin returns to normal.

If that doesn't work try "Removeallitems" from the console as well.

If either of those fix the problem then we've got a lead to follow.

Edit: The more I think about it the more certain I am that somehow you've accidentally removed or moved parts of the textures folder and that the "dispelallspells" will work. If it does look in ~\data\textures\sexlab\ and there should be 35 texture (*.DDS) files. If that folder isn't present search for anal1.dds to see if you accidentally did a drag and drop that moved it somewhere else. If you can't find it, re-install the Sexlab Framework. Likewise you will be missing the texture files for Slavetats, if you find the Sexlab ones you'll probably find the Slavetats ones as well but again reinstall them if you can't find them. If you find the textures in some odd location, these may not be the only ones that got moved, just the first ones you've noticed so restore all that you find.

The "blue" you are seeing is the color of a missing texture and it's being applied to to the body as a "tattoo" or as "cum".

Didn't see anything that stood out to me but I did have a thought.

After sex open the console, select your player and enter "dispelallspells". Close the console and see if the skin returns to normal.

If that doesn't work try "Removeallitems" from the console as well.

If either of those fix the problem then we've got a lead to follow.

Edit: The more I think about it the more certain I am that somehow you've accidentally removed or moved parts of the textures folder and that the "dispelallspells" will work. If it does look in ~\data\textures\sexlab\ and there should be 35 texture (*.DDS) files. If that folder isn't present search for anal1.dds to see if you accidentally did a drag and drop that moved it somewhere else. If you can't find it, re-install the Sexlab Framework. Likewise you will be missing the texture files for Slavetats, if you find the Sexlab ones you'll probably find the Slavetats ones as well but again reinstall them if you can't find them. If you find the textures in some odd location, these may not be the only ones that got moved, just the first ones you've noticed so restore all that you find.

The "blue" you are seeing is the color of a missing texture and it's being applied to to the body as a "tattoo" or as "cum".

No, there is 35 textures in textures/SexLab. I tried to reinstall SlaveTats.

I'm using MO, but I launch it in admin mode. Other mods fine with this.