[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

I have a problem where the nif I load (shorts from temptress mod) into outfit studio shows up flattened and huge. Like a big pancake.

It opens fine in nifskope, and works fine in the game. When trying to open it in outfit studio in order to reshape it for a custom body, however, it is enlarged and totally flat. Has anyone else had an issue like this, or know how to fix it?

Using BodySlide 2.6

Using Mod Organizer

I can't seem to "Load Project" if that project was created with an earlier version of BodySlide. I get an error that it can't find nifs. 

Example:

Tried to open CT77 Remodeled armor for CBBE. Load Project -> CT77Clothesreplacer, choose wench outfit..... error. can't find nifs.

So I tried to open a project I created recently using 2.6a. That opened fine.

Tried a project I had created using 2.5. Error... can't find outfit nifs.

So... did I miss an instruction somewhere about opening older projects?

**EDIT ** Adding additional information

Example is a conversion of Gatti 12 to UUNP BodySlide that I created using BS 2.5

Open BS 2.6a

Open OS

Load Project -- I am able to SEE and able to SELECT the Gatti 12 project from the list.

ERROR - can't find outfit nifs, can't create project from sliderset

BodySlide 2.6a is active in the left pane of MO

Gatti 12 UUNP BodySlide is active in the left pane of MO 

-- it did not matter if Gatti 12 mod loaded BEFORE or AFTER the BodySlide 2.6a mod. The error occurred in both cases.

-- the Gatti 12 "mod" contains only the ShapData, SliderSets, and SliderGroups information for the project.

I copied the Gatti 12 ShapeData, SliderGroups, and SliderSets directly into the BodySlide 2.6a mod folder.

Open BodySlide 2.6a

Open OS

Load Project -- Select Gatti 12 from list.

Success.... project loads.

SO... it appears BodySlide is not quite comfortable in MO environment as it can not seem to load a project (even though it can clearly see that it exists!)

Using BodySlide 2.6

Using Mod Organizer

I can't seem to "Load Project" if that project was created with an earlier version of BodySlide. I get an error that it can't find nifs.

Example:

Tried to open CT77 Remodeled armor for CBBE. Load Project -> CT77Clothesreplacer, choose wench outfit..... error. can't find nifs.

So I tried to open a project I created recently using 2.6a. That opened fine.

Tried a project I had created using 2.5. Error... can't find outfit nifs.

So... did I miss an instruction somewhere about opening older projects?

**EDIT ** Adding additional information

Example is a conversion of Gatti 12 to UUNP BodySlide that I created using BS 2.5

Open BS 2.6a

Open OS

Load Project -- I am able to SEE and able to SELECT the Gatti 12 project from the list.

ERROR - can't find outfit nifs, can't create project from sliderset

BodySlide 2.6a is active in the left pane of MO

Gatti 12 UUNP BodySlide is active in the left pane of MO

-- it did not matter if Gatti 12 mod loaded BEFORE or AFTER the BodySlide 2.6a mod. The error occurred in both cases.

-- the Gatti 12 "mod" contains only the ShapData, SliderSets, and SliderGroups information for the project.

I copied the Gatti 12 ShapeData, SliderGroups, and SliderSets directly into the BodySlide 2.6a mod folder.

Open BodySlide 2.6a

Open OS

Load Project -- Select Gatti 12 from list.

Success.... project loads.

SO... it appears BodySlide is not quite comfortable in MO environment as it can not seem to load a project (even though it can clearly see that it exists!)

Nothing I can do about it. It's MO telling BodySlide what to do, not the other way.

Excuse my question but I have a doubt, as I can work on these clothes. FBD-dadag.

Someone find solution for this?

The author of the outfit most likely scaled the bones down in Blender or 3ds max and exported it that way. Outfit Studio doesn't load bone transforms for several reasons (which is good 'cause clean, and bad 'cause, well, what we have right here).

I think the only way to fix this for OS currently is to im- and export it with Blender or 3ds max to clean the rigging up, then load it into OS.

Offsets you can just fix with Move Shape in OS, but not these things.

Excuse my question but I have a doubt, as I can work on these clothes. FBD-dadag.

Someone find solution for this?

The author of the outfit most likely scaled the bones down in Blender or 3ds max and exported it that way. Outfit Studio doesn't load bone transforms for several reasons (which is good 'cause clean, and bad 'cause, well, what we have right here).

I think the only way to fix this for OS currently is to im- and export it with Blender or 3ds max to clean the rigging up, then load it into OS.

Offsets you can just fix with Move Shape in OS, but not these things.

Ok, idon't know work in Blender or 3ds max, thank you as well.

Hiii, me again, with another masker question. I'm going over boots and gloves now, and ran into a bit of a snag. Several of them, when opened in bodyslide, have no body. JUST the gloves or boots, sometimes hands attached at the wrists of the gloves. How would I make it so nothing will clip through the arms of the material, when unable to mask anything?

Hiii, me again, with another masker question. I'm going over boots and gloves now, and ran into a bit of a snag. Several of them, when opened in bodyslide, have no body. JUST the gloves or boots, sometimes hands attached at the wrists of the gloves. How would I make it so nothing will clip through the arms of the material, when unable to mask anything?

Gloves and boots are supposed to have no body in them, otherwise you would have duplicate bodies in-game. To work with them in OS, load your body as a reference, but when saving the project, uncheck the "Copy reference into output" check box.

Gloves and boots are supposed to have no body in them, otherwise you would have duplicate bodies in-game. To work with them in OS, load your body as a reference, but when saving the project, uncheck the "Copy reference into output" check box.

Thank you for the help! Just managed to get a ton of gloves and boots to stop clipping this way! A final question, and I think I'll have all I need/have encountered...if I want to add a belly-node compatability with a armor that lacks it, Is it as simple as loading in the CBBE HDT reference, and copying the belly bone weight to the outfit object? (please say yes). 

Example: A TBBP bodyslide of an outfit is made. If I want to add nothing to this but the belly node from the HDT body (the midriff area might even be bare, so no mesh editing needed) how would I do this?

Thank you for the help! Just managed to get a ton of gloves and boots to stop clipping this way! A final question, and I think I'll have all I need/have encountered...if I want to add a belly-node compatability with a armor that lacks it, Is it as simple as loading in the CBBE HDT reference, and copying the belly bone weight to the outfit object? (please say yes).

Example: A TBBP bodyslide of an outfit is made. If I want to add nothing to this but the belly node from the HDT body (the midriff area might even be bare, so no mesh editing needed) how would I do this?

Yes. Load its project (not the NIF), switch to the HDT reference, delete the Breast01 bones (HDT doesn't need them) and copy the belly bone, then save the project.

*Much helpful advice*

Thank you once again for your patience and aid! If/when I make or modify things I feel have enough quality, I'll be posting them here. Though, if it's a simple modification of someone else's bodyslide (either a cleanup or belly-node added) are there any protocols or restrictions to sharing it?

Edit: Btw Cell, you may have to stop replying or posting soon, or make another account. You're nearly at 1337 posts! ;)

Edit edit: Turns out that making a zap slider for gloves or shoes to prevent skin from clipping through doesn't seem to work. (load HDT body, mask the uncovered areas, make new zap slider, min/max weight 100, hidden) then saving with the "save reference body" unchecked. 

If I output an outfit using a default body, does that allow it to take on the slider morphs in game with the body?

If not, is there a method to the madness of transferring slider information from the game to Bodyslide? They seem vastly different between the two. I had to use a lot of negative values in such and such to get the breasts to look the way I wanted, so it's pretty confusing.

Noticed this pretty minor, but annoying problem with the Outfit Studio in the latest BS2 version, 2.6a.

Whenever I use bone weighting brush in Outfit Studio, the whole software gets laggy for the duration I'm using the brush, which makes adjusting the bone weights a little annoying and more time consuming than normal.

Now, it doesn't lag with every armor mesh out there, just with few ones. But it still happens.

Here's an example mesh so that you can try it yourself.

Go to Outfit Studio (BS2 v2.6a), select bone weights and try using the brushes on any of its shapes. I'm sure you'll notice lag/staggering that I'm talking about.

MC_Skirt1_1.nif  ( This is an original UNPB mesh from that outfit, I didn't alter it in any way. )

Is this a known problem in the latest version or did I mess up the installation somehow (don't know hows that possible though)?

Its just that I didn't encounter this particular problem in the previous versions.

@lindazana:

Any sliders or zaps you create for the body won't work with the reference unchecked, as the body is dropped then.

@tanzan:

You need to save your project and use BodySlide to build the in-game morphs for you.

@Jordick:

Yeah, I couldn't rebuild the vertex tree while brushing on the mesh, so shapes with many vertices will lag currently. Maybe I can do something about it, but I dunno yet.

Okay so I tried to make a CBBE/Bodyslide HDT conversion of the Tomb Raider outfit that's on modtype. Everything looks good and stuff in the Outfit studio, and it appears very nice in the game. However, I'm getting those irritating clipping issues around the butt and inner thighs. I tried increasing the mesh volume in those areas but that's not working at all. Mostly it just makes the leg area seem blocky, and then the clipping persists. There's also been no decrease in the butt clipping. Is there any solution to this? I have no idea how to do option 3, with the bone weights and such. Would I have to do the zapping thing to those areas?

Okay so I tried to make a CBBE/Bodyslide HDT conversion of the Tomb Raider outfit that's on modtype. Everything looks good and stuff in the Outfit studio, and it appears very nice in the game. However, I'm getting those irritating clipping issues around the butt and inner thighs. I tried increasing the mesh volume in those areas but that's not working at all. Mostly it just makes the leg area seem blocky, and then the clipping persists. There's also been no decrease in the butt clipping. Is there any solution to this? I have no idea how to do option 3, with the bone weights and such. Would I have to do the zapping thing to those areas?

When you convert to a different body type, you have to do the weights thing. However, even when you do it, it can still clip. In that case you would have to try using the Mesh Rigger tool or touching up the weighting manually in OS.

If the butt is covered up properly, you can zap the body underneath in those parts, yeah.

When you convert to a different body type, you have to do the weights thing. However, even when you do it, it can still clip. In that case you would have to try using the Mesh Rigger tool or touching up the weighting manually in OS.

If the butt is covered up properly, you can zap the body underneath in those parts, yeah.

Okay cool. Thanks for the reply.

When I was converting it, everything seemed too good to be true. In Outfit Studio, the conversion went so smooth and I had it looking great in there with less effort than some other conversions that should be more routine (the Tomb Raider outfit wasn't set up for UNPB or CBBE, I only assumed it was the vanilla body and went from there). Then I went for for the CBBE - > Bodyslide conversion and there was NO clipping in Outfit Studio at all. It was only when I got into the game and started moving I saw all this skin showing through down there.

Okay cool. Thanks for the reply.

When I was converting it, everything seemed too good to be true. In Outfit Studio, the conversion went so smooth and I had it looking great in there with less effort than some other conversions that should be more routine (the Tomb Raider outfit wasn't set up for UNPB or CBBE, I only assumed it was the vanilla body and went from there). Then I went for for the CBBE - > Bodyslide conversion and there was NO clipping in Outfit Studio at all. It was only when I got into the game and started moving I saw all this skin showing through down there.

It's because there's crosstalk, meaning the right thigh is doing some moving of the left thigh and vice versa. It's easily cleaned up manually by holding the left alt button while using the weight painting brush. Clean up any weights on each thigh which shouldn't be there, they'll be obvious once you open the bone tab and select the pants and the thigh bone. I find it easier to to weight work by disabling the tectures by hitting the "t" key once.

It's because there's crosstalk, meaning the right thigh is doing some moving of the left thigh and vice versa. It's easily cleaned up manually by holding the left alt button while using the weight painting brush. Clean up any weights on each thigh which shouldn't be there, they'll be obvious once you open the bone tab and select the pants and the thigh bone. I find it easier to to weight work by disabling the tectures by hitting the "t" key once.

Which won't happen in the next version anymore, by the way. I enabled the no-axis-crossing that Caliente had implemented but disabled.

Which won't happen in the next version anymore, by the way. I enabled the no-axis-crossing that Caliente had implemented but disabled.

Suh-weet!   just sayin :)

That being said, we can still adjust some crosstalk manually right, because some weights will need it for sure? Possibly only have that enabled for certain bones? Is that possible?

Suh-weet!   just sayin :)

That being said, we can still adjust some crosstalk manually right, because some weights will need it for sure? Possibly only have that enabled for certain bones? Is that possible?

It's only for the weight copy.

I understand but how about my other question, can it be enabled only for certain bones on the weight copy? There's never an issue with arms, clavicle, even breasts, only thighs and calves in my experience? Actual crosstalk is very useful when it comes to things like skirts, long dresses, gowns, hanging codpieces and all those types of things.

Just wondering :)

I understand but how about my other question, can it be enabled only for certain bones on the weight copy? There's never an issue with arms, clavicle, even breasts, only thighs and calves in my experience? Actual crosstalk is very useful when it comes to things like skirts, long dresses, gowns, hanging codpieces and all those types of things.

Just wondering :)

There's no difference there with it on or off. The weights of the left arm are copied to the left arm, the weight of the right arm are copied to the right arm, the spine weights are copied as they are, because the source has them on both axis sides of the mesh as well.

So currently it can't be turned off, no. But there shouldn't be a need to.

Hey guys I just started using outfit studio and am trying to understand the workflow of converting in skyrim. I converted a x117 outfit to UUNP Special body with the UNP Skinny preset (made with body slide), which is the current body I use. I used my body's nif as a reference and after doing the necessary sculpting I exported the outfit to test in game. I realized the entire body mesh was missing in-game so I went back to duplicate shape the reference body. Now the body mesh appears in game, but the body is moving independent of the outfit because of hdt affecting the breasts belly and butt.

What is the typical workflow from this point on? I can't find any videos of how to properly convert an outfit from one custom body type to another, so I don't really know what steps are usually involved in this process.

Hey guys I just started using outfit studio and am trying to understand the workflow of converting in skyrim. I converted a x117 outfit to UUNP Special body with the UNP Skinny preset (made with body slide), which is the current body I use. I used my body's nif as a reference and after doing the necessary sculpting I exported the outfit to test in game. I realized the entire body mesh was missing in-game so I went back to duplicate shape the reference body. Now the body mesh appears in game, but the body is moving independent of the outfit because of hdt affecting the breasts belly and butt.

What is the typical workflow from this point on? I can't find any videos of how to properly convert an outfit from one custom body type to another, so I don't really know what steps are usually involved in this process.

Try the tutorials in this thread and the ones on the Nexus mod page. You most likely didn't copy the weighting of UUNP to your outfit.