[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

So I used the BodySlider outfit studio

First thing I did I played around with the brushes and changed the scaling/placement of things, all which has worked smoothly when I saved on top of the mods I had downloaded

Now I did something more experimental, basically I tried to "merge" two armors, exporting 3d shapes from one, importing to the other, saved the new nif on top of the old nif. As for texture, I took the relevant texture in the equivalent texture folder for the armor mod that was the "base" and added it in the outfit studio; in here it looks perfectly as I want it, made sure the texture paths in Outfit Studio was correctly named as well...

But now, when I load the game up, I get a CTD whenever I load a game where I'm wearing said modded outfit. Any ideas where I could've gone wrong?

Did you export/import OBJ models? You should stay with NIF instead. In the "Load Outfit" dialog, you can choose "Keep other shapes" to create mashups. You then delete the shape you don't need.

Thank you so much for your reply! I swear I googled for what felt like an eternity! Now everything works perfectly, thanks again ever so much! :)

Edit: Oi, having a different problem now though, while my changes in one of my meshes did show up in game now (and no CTD! :D)  and looks perfect, the other mesh I'm working on doesn't show up at all, I'm doing the exact same procedure as the working mesh: Finding the armor.nif I want, loading the other armor.nif (keeping the shapes I haven't deleted) and saving the nif on top of the old one; however the old one keeps showing up. I make sure to override both the _1 and _0 version, but yeah, not showing up :( any clues to what I might be doing wrong now?

So, I am adding belly weights to some Tera armors, and changing them to un7b.

Everything works fine, unless the armor has something extra hanging down, like a sash, that hangs down away from the body, or a dress that trails on the ground, or ribbons that hang from various, body parts. If these items have their own distinct part, I just delete that part. If not then after copying the weights, when trying to export the nif I get an error about unweighted verticises, or something like that and I should weight paint with a brush, and the areas are darkened on the armor. The areas with no weights are darkened.

I see one brush that is labeled something about weights, but it is not selectable, as it lite grey, not black.

So how do I weight paint with body slide?

Or how do I fix this?

Everything works fine, unless the armor has something extra hanging down, like a sash, that hangs down away from the body, or a dress that trails on the ground, or ribbons that hang from various, body parts. If these items have their own distinct part, I just delete that part. If not then after copying the weights, when trying to export the nif I get an error about unweighted verticises, or something like that and I should weight paint with a brush, and the areas are darkened on the armor. The areas with no weights are darkened.

I see one brush that is labeled something about weights, but it is not selectable, as it lite grey, not black.

Or how do I fix this?

Enter the "Bones" tab, then the weight brush is automatically selected. Take a look at the readme.txt for more info like that.

You can invert the mask (darkened areas) with Brush -> Invert Mask.

Or how do I fix this?

Enter the "Bones" tab, then the weight brush is automatically selected. Take a look at the readme.txt for more info like that.

You can invert the mask (darkened areas) with Brush -> Invert Mask.

thank you for the quick reply!  readme file?  I should read that?  JK LOL

hi guys. i was trying to use bodyslide2 but when i launch it i got error something like "this application isnt compatible with win32" (im using WindowsXP. net framework 3.5 - 4 installed). can i somehow run bodyslide2 on WinXP (32 bit)? and sorry if posting in wrong thread.

BodySlide doesn't support Windows XP anymore, and old versions aren't compatible with new conversions.

hi guys. i was trying to use bodyslide2 but when i launch it i got error something like "this application isnt compatible with win32" (im using WindowsXP. net framework 3.5 - 4 installed). can i somehow run bodyslide2 on WinXP (32 bit)? and sorry if posting in wrong thread.

BodySlide doesn't support Windows XP anymore, and old versions aren't compatible with new conversions.

hi. i see, thanks alot. i want to use Lydia athletic body textures but i want to add more hair to her pussy (cos its shaved by default) maybe theres some other way to do this compatible with WinXP?

I was asking for help a few weeks ago. I tried to convert some piece of cloth for my own Bodytype but it always looks like this.

post-115163-0-64897500-1445185296_thumb.jpg

post-115163-0-18030500-1445185313_thumb.jpg

I was doing it strict like the Guide told me. :-/

Still the Problem occurs and mostly it seems to crush my game.

It works on other Conversions just fine

post-115163-0-74076800-1445185575_thumb.jpg

Anyone? Pleaaaaase with Sugar on top? :heart:

Is there a way to "export" the "slider data" from Outfit Studio as *.obj?

If I export the shape BS2 exports only the base mesh. 

1.) Set the slider to 100%.

2.) Slider -> Set Base Shape.

3.) Select the shape you want to export the slider data of.

4.) Shape -> Export as OBJ.

Now this only works for shapes in the outfit list (not the reference body), as only those get their new shape applied using "Set Base Shape".

You will also have to reload the project after using "Set Base Shape".

I agree there needs to be a slider .obj export, instead of just the .bsd export.

I added it to the list: https://github.com/ousnius/BodySlide-and-Outfit-Studio/issues/78

Is there a way to "export" the "slider data" from Outfit Studio as *.obj?

If I export the shape BS2 exports only the base mesh. 

1.) Set the slider to 100%.

2.) Slider -> Set Base Shape.

3.) Select the shape you want to export the slider data of.

4.) Shape -> Export as OBJ.

Now this only works for shapes in the outfit list (not the reference body), as only those get their new shape applied using "Set Base Shape".

You will also have to reload the project after using "Set Base Shape".

I agree there needs to be a slider .obj export, instead of just the .bsd export.

I added it to the list: https://github.com/ousnius/BodySlide-and-Outfit-Studio/issues/78

Thanks, I will try it. 

I have a strange problem, I thought that maybe you could help me sort this out.

So, I have created a base body from UNP HDT, with my own saved presets.

I have followed the guide to convert my armor to my presets and my NIF body, and exported the new armor texture.

Everything is fine here, body looks like the body I made in BodySlide, armor fits, all good.

But when I open up the game and switch between naked and armor, I notice some small differences in body size, butt gets larger, breats and so on. 

I have been thinking for a while that it might have something to do with my sliders in Race Menu but I do not know for sure.

Thanks

I have a question. I've been trying to add Zap Sliders to an armor called Clarion. Its from Tera Armors. I opened its Bodyslide files with Outfit studio and tried to add Zap sliders by using the bursh on the underwear part of the armor but whenever i use the mask brush, it affects the rest of the armor. What im thinking is, the underwear part and the skirt part of the armor is somehow connected. 

How would i solve this? Do i need to use another program to maybe separate the underwear part or remove it ? Help would be apreciated.

I have a question. I've been trying to add Zap Sliders to an armor called Clarion. Its from Tera Armors. I opened its Bodyslide files with Outfit studio and tried to add Zap sliders by using the bursh on the underwear part of the armor but whenever i use the mask brush, it affects the rest of the armor. What im thinking is, the underwear part and the skirt part of the armor is somehow connected. 

How would i solve this? Do i need to use another program to maybe separate the underwear part or remove it ? Help would be apreciated.

If it's in the same shape (same item in the list to the right), then the mask brush will apply to all of that. There can still be multiple separated meshes inside of a shape/object, so you could try enabling "Edit -> Connected Only".

If it's in the same shape (same item in the list to the right), then the mask brush will apply to all of that. There can still be multiple separated meshes inside of a shape/object, so you could try enabling "Edit -> Connected Only".

Yep that solved it. I've added zap slider without butchering the rest of the armor. Thank you!

Hi, sorry for bothering you guys but...

Today i started a new game but before i upgraded several mods that had newer versions available...

such as : Sexlab, Bodyslide, Racemenu, XP32 Extended and other that i can't recall but that shouldn't be involved in the problem...

i also added a few mods : Adorable face, Seductive lips, True eyes...

and now my PC, when she's naked, looks likes in the attached picture...

what have i mistaken ? or forgotten to do ?

thanks.

PS: i forgot to say something...  while i was creating the character she didn't have any problem...  after i exited racemenu, got clothed and started the game, when i first undressed i noticed the problem...  if i wear sopmething the hands get back to their place but as soon as i get naked again the problem is back

-------------------------- more informations --------------------

i tried fixing the problem and i found out that, when in bodyslide i generate the CBBE body, if i don't check the RaceMenu Morph box, i don't have the problem but of course, the sliders in the CBBE Morph tab don't work...  while if i check the box the sliders work but i get this problem !

what i am missing, forgetting or doing wrong ?

please... help me :P

post-405367-0-77286400-1446476154_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi

So basically what I'm trying to do is this:

My body is from the mod Summer Wear, its CBBE Body Slim. This works good and I don't want to change it. I've managed to locate the NIF of it, its in meshes>actors>character>alt body.

There are 3 nifs, femalebody_CBBEslim_0, femalebody_CBBEslim_1, and femalebody_CBBEslim_1.go.

This body item kind of acts like a base body. I can put things over it like panties, socks etc. However when I do, I get clipping issues, like the file attached. Im trying to make it so the socks cover the whole legs. Ive been reading up on the tutorial and cant really grasp it fully, i think I understand it a bit.

When I go to new project, I opened the slider as femalebody_CBBEslim_0.nif. Then when clicking next I load the nif from the Osare Kneesocks, this being Socks_0.nif (there are 3 however, 0.nif, 1.nif and SocksGND.nif. I opened 0.)

What came up was BaseShape, baseShape_outfit, and Socks under the meshes tab. On the preview screen it seemed that BaseShape and BaseShape outfit were inside of eachother and it kind of looked like 2 body stacked near eachother, but I did'nt worry about it. So I clicked Socks under meshes, and used the 'increase mesh volume in an area' to cover the socks over the skin.

I then did as the guide says, duplicated the shape, and exported the nif and overwrited for the socks nif.

However when I went in game nothing changed. the same clipping occured in the same areas. So i've got a few questions.

1. How do I know which nif file to use when opening a project, as i said before there were 3 cbbeslim nifs, one ending in 0, one in 1, and one in 1_go. And the same with the socks. There was socks_0, socks_1 and socksGND. Which one do I open?

2. What am I doing wrong and how do I do it right. That'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

post-177261-0-83510100-1449919489_thumb.jpg

Hi

So basically what I'm trying to do is this:

My body is from the mod Summer Wear, its CBBE Body Slim. This works good and I don't want to change it. I've managed to locate the NIF of it, its in meshes>actors>character>alt body.

There are 3 nifs, femalebody_CBBEslim_0, femalebody_CBBEslim_1, and femalebody_CBBEslim_1.go.

This body item kind of acts like a base body. I can put things over it like panties, socks etc. However when I do, I get clipping issues, like the file attached. Im trying to make it so the socks cover the whole legs. Ive been reading up on the tutorial and cant really grasp it fully, i think I understand it a bit.

When I go to new project, I opened the slider as femalebody_CBBEslim_0.nif. Then when clicking next I load the nif from the Osare Kneesocks, this being Socks_0.nif (there are 3 however, 0.nif, 1.nif and SocksGND.nif. I opened 0.)

What came up was BaseShape, baseShape_outfit, and Socks under the meshes tab. On the preview screen it seemed that BaseShape and BaseShape outfit were inside of eachother and it kind of looked like 2 body stacked near eachother, but I did'nt worry about it. So I clicked Socks under meshes, and used the 'increase mesh volume in an area' to cover the socks over the skin.

I then did as the guide says, duplicated the shape, and exported the nif and overwrited for the socks nif.

However when I went in game nothing changed. the same clipping occured in the same areas. So i've got a few questions.

1. How do I know which nif file to use when opening a project, as i said before there were 3 cbbeslim nifs, one ending in 0, one in 1, and one in 1_go. And the same with the socks. There was socks_0, socks_1 and socksGND. Which one do I open?

2. What am I doing wrong and how do I do it right. That'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hello.

Long term solution, I would recommend doing a proper conversion to Bodyslide. To answer your question, the _0 and _1 are the outfit and the GND is the model that appears when you drop the item on the ground. Characters with 0 weight use the _0 model, 100 weight uses _1, and everyone else uses a model that's calculated between the two depending on what their weight is. If you convert your socks to bodyslide, it will generate both meshes when you click 'Build.'

If you're never ever going to change your body shape, or were otherwise just looking to fix the socks, you have to make the changes to both the _0 and _1 models. They have to have exactly the same number of vertices for the inbetween weights to be calculated properly, so making changes to one and not the other will only break things.

Regarding fixing each one, you only need one base shape in a project and you should delete the others. If the socks are an accessory and not a main slot armor piece, you don't need a base shape at all beyond using it to make sure the socks fit. It doesn't hurt to leave it in there, it just won't show up.

What I would do is load the socks _0 as the outfit and your femalebody_0 (which should be in the actors\character\character assets\ folder) as a reference, and then use the brushes to make it fit. If that's not currently being used as the default female nude mesh then use whichever one is (you suggested femalebody_CBBEslim), but this is what it is by default. Export the NIF back to where it belongs and make sure it's named the same. Then repeat the process for the _1 version.