[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

Levionte, on 18 Jul 2015 - 08:01 AM, said:

Chordveil, on 17 Jul 2015 - 5:23 PM, said:

Levionte, on 17 Jul 2015 - 12:35 PM, said:

Chordveil, on 17 Jul 2015 - 10:01 AM, said:

Levionte, on 16 Jul 2015 - 2:00 PM, said:

Chordveil, on 16 Jul 2015 - 08:11 AM, said:

thanks for the guide, i kinda tried doing some of my own and it works wonder. . .

or so i thought but i actually encounter some problem during the creation, and i can't figure out how to solve this

i tried to do jackga's beat blades haruka (it's q ninja in this http://www.loverslab.com/topic/19186-jackgas-stuff/),theslider works and it follows my body structure perfectly. . . the problem is the HDT animation, the clothes didn't follow the actual breast and butt movements which resulting in this

attachicon.gifScreenShot13.jpg

i thought it's probably because that clothes isn't for CBBE so the clothes turn out like that (i didn't convert it because i thought it was for CBBE), but it's also happen when i tried to make my own bodyslide for teraCBBE by frigus

attachicon.gifScreenShot16.jpg

Cell made a tutorial for copying bone weights here. Since it's a bodyslide project, you can just copy the bones from your reference shape onto your outfit.

thanks for the reply, i fix things here and there after i read it

but somehow i encounter another problem when i put it to the test

it looks "invisible", i can see my character body being pressed as in wearing the clothes, but yes it's invisible like it's missing it's texture

i tried to guide the nifs manually to the texture, but it doesn't change anything (the file comes from bsa before i extract it)

did i do something wrong or miss a step? the outfit shows properly in the studio but not in the game ;_;

attachicon.gifbodyslide.jpg

That's odd. It doesn't sound like it's the textures. If the textures can't be found, the mesh will have the 'no image' texture in bodyslide and show up purple in the game - not invisible.

Did you get any errors from Outfit Studio when you tried to save, like unweighted vertices? Can you open the mesh in Nifskope/ get any errors there? I would guess there's something like that wrong with the bone weighting, based on the given information. Make sure there aren't any areas without weight painting by click through the bones tab. I would especially check those ribbon-things that are far from the reference body.

Invisible gear is also common when you set it to the wrong partition slot, but you couldn't have done that in outfit studio. If you can't figure it out, you post the NIF from your ShapeData folder I'll take a look.

no, apparently i never got any error when saving also when opening it through nifscope

emm i kinda can't comprehend much about the bone weighting, i just did like the tutorial you gave me to the letter

sorry on imposing much on you, and thanks for the help

attachicon.gifHaruka.rar

Are these the meshes that bodyslide created? The _0 has no reference shape but it looks like the bones are assigned. The _1 does have the reference but they both seem to have the incorrect partition slot. Make sure all the pieces are on slot 32 like the screenshot below.

Side note: 32 is the default skyrim body mesh but what's really important is that it's consistent with whatever slot it is assigned within the ArmorAddon in the esp. So, armor that is worn alongside the body armor (gloves, shoes, jewelry, accessories, etc.) will be on different slots. The mesh has to be the same as what is specified within the esp. But since this is body armor, it'll probably be 32.

yes those are the meshes that the bodyslide create

and much thanks to you

i tried to do the bone again and now both the armor and HDT are working properly

though if you don't mind me taking advantage of your kindness, is there any way to make the bodyslide produce the meshes that is already assigned to slot 32? if there's any tutorial out there please point me the way :>

Yes, change the mesh in your 'Skyrim\Data\CalienteTools\BodySlide\ShapeData' folder. The specific folder and file name are whatever you named them on the "Save Project" prompt window (towards the bottom). That's the mesh that is used as a template for the meshes generated by bodyslide.

Hi,

I just switched to clams of skyrim, following the install process provided,

But when I used the Bodyslide exe's body Previews no textures are showing up on the mesh. However, the textures are fine ingame.

Is there a quick fix for this?

Is that a body replacer? That question is probably better suited for that mod author, since they know how their mod is setup. However, it sounds like the textures are contained within a BSA, which bodyslide hasn't been able to read in the past. I remember reading that cell added bsa support though, so make sure you're using the latest version of bodyslide.

The BSA texture scanning isn't in the release version yet. However, very soon.

Levionte, on 18 Jul 2015 - 2:04 PM, said:

Chordveil, on 18 Jul 2015 - 09:17 AM, said:

thanks for the guide, i kinda tried doing some of my own and it works wonder. . .
or so i thought but i actually encounter some problem during the creation, and i can't figure out how to solve this
i tried to do jackga's beat blades haruka (it's q ninja in this http://www.loverslab.com/topic/19186-jackgas-stuff/),thesliderworks and it follows my body structure perfectly. . . the problem is the HDT animation, the clothes didn't follow the actual breast and butt movements which resulting in this

i thought it's probably because that clothes isn't for CBBE so the clothes turn out like that (i didn't convert it because i thought it was for CBBE), but it's also happen when i tried to make my own bodyslide for teraCBBE by frigus

Cell made a tutorial for copying bone weights here. Since it's a bodyslide project, you can just copy the bones from your reference shape onto your outfit.

it looks "invisible", i can see my character body being pressed as in wearing the clothes, but yes it's invisible like it's missing it's texture
i tried to guide the nifs manually to the texture, but it doesn't change anything (the file comes from bsa before i extract it)
did i do something wrong or miss a step? the outfit shows properly in the studio but not in the game ;_;

That's odd. It doesn't sound like it's the textures. If the textures can't be found, the mesh will have the 'no image' texture in bodyslide and show up purple in the game - not invisible.

Did you get any errors from Outfit Studio when you tried to save, like unweighted vertices? Can you open the mesh in Nifskope/ get any errors there? I would guess there's something like that wrong with the bone weighting, based on the given information. Make sure there aren't any areas without weight painting by click through the bones tab. I would especially check those ribbon-things that are far from the reference body.

Invisible gear is also common when you set it to the wrong partition slot, but you couldn't have done that in outfit studio. If you can't figure it out, you post the NIF from your ShapeData folder I'll take a look.

no, apparently i never got any error when saving also when opening it through nifscope
emm i kinda can't comprehend much about the bone weighting, i just did like the tutorial you gave me to the letter
attachicon.gifHaruka.rar

Are these the meshes that bodyslide created? The _0 has no reference shape but it looks like the bones are assigned. The _1 does have the reference but they both seem to have the incorrect partition slot. Make sure all the pieces are on slot 32 like the screenshot below.

Side note: 32 is the default skyrim body mesh but what's really important is that it's consistent with whatever slot it is assigned within the ArmorAddon in the esp. So, armor that is worn alongside the body armor (gloves, shoes, jewelry, accessories, etc.) will be on different slots. The mesh has to be the same as what is specified within the esp. But since this is body armor, it'll probably be 32.

and much thanks to you
i tried to do the bone again and now both the armor and HDT are working properly
though if you don't mind me taking advantage of your kindness, is there any way to make the bodyslide produce the meshes that is already assigned to slot 32? if there's any tutorial out there please point me the way :>

Yes, change the mesh in your 'Skyrim\Data\CalienteTools\BodySlide\ShapeData' folder. The specific folder and file name are whatever you named them on the "Save Project" prompt window (towards the bottom). That's the mesh that is used as a template for the meshes generated by bodyslide.

nithendie, on 18 Jul 2015 - 1:32 PM, said:

Hi,

But when I used the Bodyslide exe's body Previews no textures are showing up on the mesh. However, the textures are fine ingame.

Is that a body replacer? That question is probably better suited for that mod author, since they know how their mod is setup. However, it sounds like the textures are contained within a BSA, which bodyslide hasn't been able to read in the past. I remember reading that cell added bsa support though, so make sure you're using the latest version of bodyslide.

many thanks  :D

Hey, apologies if this has been asked and answered previously, but every time I did a search I was only able to find info about piercings and stuff.

In order to get the hang of this software I picked a piece of equipment at random from my mod folder with intention of making it usable with UUNP. I ended up going with the "Ashara Princes of the Woods" armor (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/18008/?) because it doesn't look too complex.

So I followed the steps in Guide 1, with the exception that I went with the Unified UNP HDT template. I deleted the armor's body, dialed the UUNP body to UNP High (the body the armor is designed for), and moved the armor a bit so it lined up properly (it was offset a bit, but not drastically - it was still roughly in the right area). It fits almost perfectly, but the nipples are kind of a problem. They're poking through the armor, and the only way to get them under the armor with the breast dials is to deform them pretty dramatically, and leaving them intact and molding the armor to them makes the outfit a little too.. pointy. Is it okay to use the brush on the body for this sort of detail?

Hey, apologies if this has been asked and answered previously, but every time I did a search I was only able to find info about piercings and stuff.

In order to get the hang of this software I picked a piece of equipment at random from my mod folder with intention of making it usable with UUNP. I ended up going with the "Ashara Princes of the Woods" armor (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/18008/?) because it doesn't look too complex.

So I followed the steps in Guide 1, with the exception that I went with the Unified UNP HDT template. I deleted the armor's body, dialed the UUNP body to UNP High (the body the armor is designed for), and moved the armor a bit so it lined up properly (it was offset a bit, but not drastically - it was still roughly in the right area). It fits almost perfectly, but the nipples are kind of a problem. They're poking through the armor, and the only way to get them under the armor with the breast dials is to deform them pretty dramatically, and leaving them intact and molding the armor to them makes the outfit a little too.. pointy.

Is it okay to use the brush on the body for this sort of detail?

You can. There's nothing wrong with making changes to the reference body - it's just that if you change too much, your presets won't fit as expected; so most of us stay away from it. What I would do in your situation is make a hidden zap slider to hide the troublesome areas completely. It's Guide 8, and to make it hidden and automatic, you go to slider properties and set both values to 100 and check 'hidden.'

i tried to do jackga's beat blades haruka (it's q ninja in this http://www.loverslab.com/topic/19186-jackgas-stuff/),theslider works and it follows my body structure perfectly. . . the problem is the HDT animation, the clothes didn't follow the actual breast and butt movements which resulting in this

attachicon.gifHaruka.rar

and much thanks to you

Hi,

Ill check if I need to update Bodyslide, but I am using an altered CBBE body with the default CBBE High textures, it seems weird, bodyslide did preview textures I had of another body I was using with SG Textures.

So I have a minor question. There's some very minor clipping I have to fix with a certain outfit that is decently hard to renember so I'd like to load a slider set into the Outfit Studio but when I open the Load Slider Preset... menu all I get is a 'Zero All' option and nothing else.

Is there somewhere specific I have to save my preset files to so that Outfit Studio recognizes them or is my Bodyslide wonked out? I've been running the sameish installation with updates overwriting files, so it's not out of bounds for something to have broken.

So I have a minor question. There's some very minor clipping I have to fix with a certain outfit that is decently hard to renember so I'd like to load a slider set into the Outfit Studio but when I open the Load Slider Preset... menu all I get is a 'Zero All' option and nothing else.

Is there somewhere specific I have to save my preset files to so that Outfit Studio recognizes them or is my Bodyslide wonked out? I've been running the sameish installation with updates overwriting files, so it's not out of bounds for something to have broken.

No, it's a bug I have yet to figure out. When using "Load Reference" or "Load Outfit", the drop down should be filled properly. However, with "Load Project", it's empty for some reason. Maybe you can try using "Load Project" and then use "Load Reference" (with the CBBE or UUNP body you used) right after, one or two times?

Hey I just noticed something...

In the credits it says Chronotrigger77 created Remodeled Armor, but he only converted it, MAK07 is the creator...

It's edited to the point where it could as well be called his, but yes, it started with MAK's base meshes.

I'm trying to make CBBE HDT bodyslide files for Shocky's Tera Rouge Set and gift, but I've run into a problem with the conversion process. A picture ref is worth a thousand words, and a gif is worth a thousand pics (well 64 in this case).

How would I go about fixing something like this?

post-91512-0-50670300-1437515855_thumb.gif

I'm trying to make CBBE HDT bodyslide files for Shocky's Tera Rouge Set and gift, but I've run into a problem with the conversion process. A picture ref is worth a thousand words, and a gif is worth a thousand pics (well 64 in this case).

How would I go about fixing something like this?

Not an easy fix, I'm afraid. Firstly, you should make sure the transformation is being applied to all objects. But if you do that and the objects still aren't transforming in sync, what I would do is mask the areas giving you problems before you apply the slider so that they are excluded (alternatively, masking everything else and clearing slider data afterwards). This way everything else changes properly and you can move the should/neck stuff around manually as needed when you load the new reference; which is hopefully not that much.

I would also probably exclude that skull on the bodyslide sliders as well so it doesn't get distorted. It's so high on the neck that you may not need to, you'll just have to see. It's just something to pay attention to on details like that.

VIJQSrO.jpg

Either I'm retarded or this guide doesn't cover how to get the vanilla clothing out of Skyrim. Hell, I can't even figure out how to import my body to make it compatible with skimpy vanilla replacers for CBBE (this would be ideal).

I really don't care how time consuming this is going to be. I have nothing better to do. I want the skinny-to-fat presets in Bodyslide to actually WORK with clothing in Skyrim. I haven't found anyone else on the internet who has done it yet.

I made my own tweaks to the fat body but that's a problem in its self because the XML file for the preset won't load.

EDIT: I got the bodies to load onto clothing by clicking "Batch build" but I still don't know how to get HDT (jiggle physics) to work on the clothing. Works just fine on the nude body however!

EDIT 2: I got everything to work. I think it's because I installed "Remodeled Armor for CBBE Bodyslide TBBP HDT" and when I did batch build, I included everything with CT77

As BodySlide can export with RaceMenu morphs, is it possible to export an outfit with those as well? (The outfit would just be using a default 7B body)

my issue is, "where" is saved body slide preset made with the morphs on race menu? is way better to edit with these in game, because you have better control, and can see wholy body proportions.

as far as im looking for it i guess, there isnt really one... perhaps race menu save the presets in different file type, accesible only by race menu? :(

As BodySlide can export with RaceMenu morphs, is it possible to export an outfit with those as well? (The outfit would just be using a default 7B body)

my issue is, "where" is saved body slide preset made with the morphs on race menu? is way better to edit with these in game, because you have better control, and can see wholy body proportions.

as far as im looking for it i guess, there isnt really one... perhaps race menu save the presets in different file type, accesible only by race menu? :(

Your whole character preset is one file. That includes the body morphs.

"Data\SKSE\Plugins\CharGen\Presets" .jslot files

yes, but how i can convert .jslot file into bodyslide xml preset and load it in bodyslide external editor...?

Not possible. BodySlide doesn't read those. If you're planning on converting armor to your preset, then you do this by converting to "CBBE BodySlide" or "UUNP BodySlide" and build it, so your settings in-game are then later applied, not directly to your preset.

So I was trying to convert the Mak07's Steel Plate armor to 7B, and something really weird happened:

6vZw4vo.png

the body shape isn't helping me to convert the armor, and since all the other ones seems to have the same problem, I don't know how to proceed to the next step, someone can help me? Thanks in advance!

PS: I'm (trying to) convert this one for my personal use and I don't want to infringe any rights about Mak07's creation

So I was trying to convert the Mak07's Steel Plate armor to 7B, and something really weird happened:

6vZw4vo.png

the body shape isn't helping me to convert the armor, and since all the other ones seems to have the same problem, I don't know how to proceed to the next step, someone can help me? Thanks in advance!

PS: I'm (trying to) convert this one for my personal use and I don't want to infringe any rights about Mak07's creation

Try disabling "File -> Apply Overall Skin Transform" before loading the outfit. If that doesn't make it 100% fit either, you have to right-click the outfit shapes and use "Move Shape" (you can multi-select).

6vZw4vo.png

Try disabling "File -> Apply Overall Skin Transform" before loading the outfit. If that doesn't make it 100% fit either, you have to right-click the outfit shapes and use "Move Shape" (you can multi-select).

It worked! Thanks!

Now I can continue to learning how all this thing works without doing any mess! Maybe doing all the Mak07 remodeled armor to sevenbase, or further.

Thanks again!

For some of the cbbe outfits I've converted to hdt bodyslide have clipping issues with the breast bounce not matching the clothing bounce while jumping.

This is what I do when converting cbbe outfits that match the cbbe body used by bodyslide and is a stactic mesh.

1. select the cbbe hdt body when creating a new project

2. delete the body loaded with the selected body

3. select the required bones to give the outfits hdt bouncing breast and butt

4. copy the selected bone weights onto each part of the outfit

5. conform all (something I forget to do)

6. save as

For some of the cbbe outfits I've converted to hdt bodyslide have clipping issues with the breast bounce not matching the clothing bounce while jumping.

This is what I do when converting cbbe outfits that match the cbbe body used by bodyslide and is a stactic mesh.

1. select the cbbe hdt body when creating a new project

2. delete the body loaded with the selected body

3. select the required bones to give the outfits hdt bouncing breast and butt

4. copy the selected bone weights onto each part of the outfit

5. conform all (something I forget to do)

6. save as

First of all, load your project and make sure the default shape and the individual sliders you make use of don't cause any clipping. Edit them if needed.

Then, you can try selecting the bone that causes clipping (Breast) and using the "Preview Scale" slider below to scale the breast up a bit.

Paint the weights stronger/weaker as needed to make the body not clip through the outfit.

Then save the project (use Save As instead if it's a project that doesn't come with a body).

hi looking for advice i have followed the Anything to CBBE tutorial and have a conversion of some armor i am happy with but now that i am trying to convert this to MCBM body

but when ever i get it in game it is always messed up

images of armor in OS2 

post-293922-0-17631000-1438192344_thumb.jpg

post-293922-0-79937700-1438192371_thumb.jpg

ingame images high and low 

post-293922-0-46461800-1438192441_thumb.jpg

post-293922-0-59111500-1438192445_thumb.jpg

post-293922-0-55865600-1438192450_thumb.jpg

post-293922-0-94342300-1438192454_thumb.jpg

now i will go over the steps as i understand them 

1 start new project in OS

2 load unified unp hdt template

3  choose high weight variant

4 delete bodyshape/s at the bottom

5 use brushes to fix clipping i select mcbm high slider to save changes then select it MCBM edit mode icon so it goes to high

6 slider conform all

7 fix any clipping

8 copy bone weights 

skip 9 projects mess up when i try to edit them then test back ingame

10 i export with ref under temp name to overwrite folder then rename to the mesh i am replacing once i have both done

then i deselect MCBM high then select MCBM LOW fix clipping then copy bone weights export with refrence 

then i get it ingame and ......fail D: