[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

A whiles back I remember reading, somewhere, a method to easily transfer bodyslide settings between outfits that are identical in all ways but texture, but I can't find it. I've been working on refining some of the outfits already converted here, and am currently doing the Skimpy Assassin Outfit, which has 3 identical sets of different colors. Rather than do each armor part 3 separate times, I'd like to just do each once and use the same mesh. Any/all help, or a link to that old post would be greatly appreciated! (I did try the search function, but my skills were not strong enough).

I have the exact same problem with another dadag mod:

GdMVpWb.jpg

The window on the far right is the .nif file. The one in the middle is how the same item looks when I copy+paste the 3 individual branches into a unp body. It properly aligns itself with the legs in nifskope. I converted NiSkinInstance branches to BSDismemberSkinInstance, and saved as a new .nif file. When I load this nif into OS, that's what I see in the 3rd window. The socks lose their alignment again, despite the same file being properly aligned when I open it in nifskope.

I've been trying to figure this out for the past 10 hours or so and I just don't know what to do to get them to align. Anyone know what's going on and what I need to do to fix it?

A whiles back I remember reading, somewhere, a method to easily transfer bodyslide settings between outfits that are identical in all ways but texture, but I can't find it. I've been working on refining some of the outfits already converted here, and am currently doing the Skimpy Assassin Outfit, which has 3 identical sets of different colors. Rather than do each armor part 3 separate times, I'd like to just do each once and use the same mesh. Any/all help, or a link to that old post would be greatly appreciated! (I did try the search function, but

my skills were not strong enough).

Right click > Load Textures (and copy/paste or type in the texture path). Then save as a new outfit. You may have to type in the Output File name manually and possibly the Data Path if it's different. You can keep using the same Shape Data folder so it will use the same sliders for each color variant instead of 3 copies but make sure you rename the Shape Data file. And obviously using the same Slider Set file is fine.

I have the exact same problem with another dadag mod:

GdMVpWb.jpg

The window on the far right is the .nif file. The one in the middle is how the same item looks when I copy+paste the 3 individual branches into a unp body. It properly aligns itself with the legs in nifskope. I converted NiSkinInstance branches to BSDismemberSkinInstance, and saved as a new .nif file. When I load this nif into OS, that's what I see in the 3rd window. The socks lose their alignment again, despite the same file being properly aligned when I open it in nifskope.

I've been trying to figure this out for the past 10 hours or so and I just don't know what to do to get them to align. Anyone know what's going on and what I need to do to fix it?

I don't know how/if you can fix the pose in Nifskope - I always use 3ds Max for that kind of issue. In 3ds Max, you load the base shape with skeleton first (which is in the skyrim T-pose). Delete the body (but not the skeleton) and then load your stockings or whatever and since it uses the same bones it'll assume the skyrim t-pose. It literally takes 5 seconds to do, which is why I never bothered learning any other way to do it. I know it's not an ideal answer but I hope that helps.

I don't know how/if you can fix the pose in Nifskope - I always use 3ds Max for that kind of issue. In 3ds Max, you load the base shape with skeleton first (which is in the skyrim T-pose). Delete the body (but not the skeleton) and then load your stockings or whatever and since it uses the same bones it'll assume the skyrim t-pose. It literally takes 5 seconds to do, which is why I never bothered learning any other way to do it. I know it's not an ideal answer but I hope that helps.

Yeah I used to use blender to do stuff like this and it worked really well in oblivion. Left the modding scene for some time and now my blender doesn't open nif files for whatever reason. Maybe tonight I will just try to get blender working again, if I can't get outfit studio to align the mesh properly. Trying to convert that mesh from UNF to CBBE but it's kind of hard when it's offset from the reference model by so much lol

Try unchecking "apply overall skin transform" before loading the outfit.

I just tried this and unfortunately, it did not work. 

I am starting to suspect this is a problem with nifskope and not with outfit studio...

here is a pic of what I mean:

dzSc8pg.jpg

The file all the way on the right is the stocking's original .nif file, no modifications. The one in the middle is the stocking pasted into the author's body mesh. I suspect the stocking is aligned properly when copied to this mesh because of the bones from this mesh. Now when I save this nif file and open it in outfit studio, you can see the bone structure completely reverted to the original nif's bone nodes.. the middle window and the left window are using the same file, but opened in different programs.

This happened before too when I did a quick mashup with nifskope to combine a couple of additional pieces to dadag's clothes. My transform settings were never actually saved, despite being able to visually see the changes in nifskope. I had to right click>transform>apply before the changes are actually exported. So it seems like some things I do in nifskope is sandboxed, and doesn't get written to the "permanent" state until you invoke a command to do so? Is there such a command for preserving the bone structure of a mesh?

I tried converting Gatti's Risty Armour to bodyslide, think I only managed to convert the high weight armour and add hdt. Though I think I only converted it to minou fantasy medium breasts preset and not to bodyslide.

The main problem is the guide doesn't seem to show how to how to add weight slider support to outfits, because the Risty Armour only has one weight.

Working on armor conversions for UUNP. I come across this in several instances and it might be easy but I haven't figured it out yet...

BodySlide 2.6a

Let's say I have a shape like a cup that is meant to cover the breast. It has like a solid fabric section which has a metal border at the edges. The metal border, and the fabric are 2 different shapes in the list of shapes. If I need to use the inflate brush (for example) I need to highlight the fabric shape, inflate it, and then highlight the metal border and try to inflate that exactly as the fabric so that it is accurately on the edge of the fabric again.

Is there a way, to select both of those shapes so that the fabric and metal inflate together (as though they were a single shape)?

Working on armor conversions for UUNP. I come across this in several instances and it might be easy but I haven't figured it out yet...

BodySlide 2.6a

Let's say I have a shape like a cup that is meant to cover the breast. It has like a solid fabric section which has a metal border at the edges. The metal border, and the fabric are 2 different shapes in the list of shapes. If I need to use the inflate brush (for example) I need to highlight the fabric shape, inflate it, and then highlight the metal border and try to inflate that exactly as the fabric so that it is accurately on the edge of the fabric again.

Is there a way, to select both of those shapes so that the fabric and metal inflate together (as though they were a single shape)?

Not currently, no. It would involve quite a bit of recoding things. If the two shapes happen to use the same texture file, you can try to merge them in Blender or 3ds max.

Other than that I'm afraid there's not much you can do at this moment.

Is there a guide for weight painting in Outfit Studio? I have converted some Vanilla meshes to CBBE but they move in strange ways that I think would be fixed by weight painting.

Not a guide, no. But it should be self-explanatory. Enter the bones tab, select a bone and paint on the shape. To erase weights, hold the ALT key.

Is there quick way to add multiple sliders to an outfit or do I have to do it one by one?

Use "Slider -> Conform All" with a reference loaded. Or you mean completely custom sliders?

I tried converting Gatti's Risty Armour to bodyslide, think I only managed to convert the high weight armour and add hdt. Though I think I only converted it to minou fantasy medium breasts preset and not to bodyslide.

The main problem is the guide doesn't seem to show how to how to add weight slider support to outfits, because the Risty Armour only has one weight.

When you save a proper BodySlide project in Outfit Studio, it automatically has weight slider support unless you unchecked it. From the mesh side, that is. You still have to edit the ESP plugin in for example TES5Edit to enable the weights.

OK, what do you do when you get this?

Trying to convert Dynasty Armor Mashup. The body armor needed the Move Shape -> CBBE to VAnilla(old).

That worked fine.

Then I loaded the stockings and got this. The stockings are above the model. Nowhere even close to being aligned. They show up in game but .... can't work on them in BS to resolve clipping etc. I've had this happen a few time. Load a nif and it's nowhere near the reference body, or it's scaled really small and way out of position, etc. Is this just a poorly constructed outfit and there's really not a lot I can do with it?

** EDIT **

Bah..... answering my own question.... turned off "Apply overall skin transform" before loading the nif. It loaded into nearly correct position and fixed using the Move Shape -> CBBE to Vanilla(old) again.

post-347789-0-77776300-1435599448_thumb.jpg

Hey guys, I need a bit of help. I'm trying to convert  CT77 Remodeled Armors for CBBE Bodyslide to UUNP using this tutorial I found in UUNP thread:

1.) Get latest BodySlide.

2.) Launch Outfit Studio and "File -> Load Project".

3.) Select the "SliderSets\CT77xyz.xml" file that includes the armor you want to convert, then choose the armor from the drop down.

4.) Do "File -> Load Reference" and select e.g. the Unified UNP HDT template at the top.

5.) "Slider -> Conform All".

6.) Right-click each outfit shape and do "Copy Bone Weights".

7.) (optional) Improve slider quality with the brushes with the sliders in edit mode.

8.) (optional and advanced) Improve weighting quality by selecting a bone in the bones tab and using the brush on it.

9.) Do "File -> Save Project As", change the Display Name to e.g. "UUNP CT77 Armor XYZ HDT"

and change the slider data folder so you don't replace the original slider data.

10.) Hit save and use it in BodySlide.

So I went trough steps 1-9, conformed sliders, copied bone weights, changed display name to "UUNP CT77 Blades HDT", but I'm not sure about "slider data folder", because there is "Slider Set File", "Shape Data Folder" and "Shape Data File", and no matter which one i change I still can't find "UUNP CT77 Blades HDT" when I try to use it in BodySlide... So what am I missing? Thanks in advance.

Hey guys, I need a bit of help. I'm trying to convert  CT77 Remodeled Armors for CBBE Bodyslide to UUNP using this tutorial I found in UUNP thread:

3.) Select the "SliderSets\CT77xyz.xml" file that includes the armor you want to convert, then choose the armor from the drop down.

4.) Do "File -> Load Reference" and select e.g. the Unified UNP HDT template at the top.

7.) (optional) Improve slider quality with the brushes with the sliders in edit mode.

8.) (optional and advanced) Improve weighting quality by selecting a bone in the bones tab and using the brush on it.

9.) Do "File -> Save Project As", change the Display Name to e.g. "UUNP CT77 Armor XYZ HDT"

and change the slider data folder so you don't replace the original slider data.

So I went trough steps 1-9, conformed sliders, copied bone weights, changed display name to "UUNP CT77 Blades HDT", but I'm not sure about "slider data folder", because there is "Slider Set File", "Shape Data Folder" and "Shape Data File", and no matter which one i change I still can't find "UUNP CT77 Blades HDT" when I try to use it in BodySlide... So what am I missing? Thanks in advance.

Whatever name you saved the project as.... let's say MyProject

In the Slidersets folder you should see a MyProject.xml file and in the ShapeData folder you should see a FOLDER called MyProject with the shapedata in it for that project.

If you don't see it in BodySlide, exit completely from BodySlide and start it up again. Under "Choose groups" if your outfit doesn't show, then select "Unassigned" and see if you can then see it under outfits. 

You may want to look around and learn how to make the file to put into SliderGroups so that your outfit shows up more easily. Basically it's a file the same name as your project with information in it assigning this outfit to a group (or groups)

In the Slidersets folder you should see a MyProject.xml file and in the ShapeData folder you should see a FOLDER called MyProject with the shapedata in it for that project.

If you don't see it in BodySlide, exit completely from BodySlide and start it up again. Under "Choose groups" if your outfit doesn't show, then select "Unassigned" and see if you can then see it under outfits. 

You may want to look around and learn how to make the file to put into SliderGroups so that your outfit shows up more easily. Basically it's a file the same name as your project with information in it assigning this outfit to a group (or groups)

When I select "Unassigned" I can find the armor i converted to UUNP in Outfit\Body, but I can't chose any UUNP presets in "Preset". I just started using UUNP, and in UUNP thread I found some armors and minidress collection converted for UUNP Bodyslide. They work like a charm. So I decided to try and convert CT77 armors myself for UUNP 7b Oppai preset, just to test if it works. I really can't find what's the problem... I'll have to play around and read some more I guess. :) Thanks chajapa! :shy:

Problem solved... I think :D

When I select "Unassigned" I can find the armor i converted to UUNP in Outfit\Body, but I can't chose any UUNP presets in "Preset". I just started using UUNP, and in UUNP thread I found some armors and minidress collection converted for UUNP Bodyslide. They work like a charm. So I decided to try and convert CT77 armors myself for UUNP 7b Oppai preset, just to test if it works. I really can't find what's the problem... I'll have to play around and read some more I guess. :) Thanks chajapa! :shy:

What you're converting isn't in a group. Easy to fix for "groupless" armors (I screw up and leave out a slidergroup file and end up with exactly what you've got)

In BodySlide, select whatever UUNP base you want to use (HDT, Special, just.... not HDT+) and then select your 7BOppai body from the dropdown below it.

Don't build anything.

See that button that says Save Preset?

Press it.

Check all the boxes in the dialogue that opens (makes your preset available to basically everything)

NAME it something like... My7BOppaiPreset or whatever you want.

Use the same for the filename when that dialogue comes up.

What you've done is basically saved the 7BOppai preset as your own preset. 

Exit BodySlide, and restart it.

Now select your converted armor and you SHOULD be able to see your newly created preset which *IS* the 7BOppai shape, just now you also have it with your name on it :)

A little trick.... Take your preset, and tweak it a little. Bring the boobs closer together (cleavage!) and maybe raise them up a little. Save Preset again but call this one My7BOppaiArmorPreset.

Now when you build "hard" armors, use that one and it will look more like they've been stuffed into something. When you build something like a soft piece of clothing, use your regular preset, or when you build devious devices (like harnesses and nipple piercings) you would also use your "normal" preset. However if she's stitched into some tight fitting armor... well then she needs to look like Kate Upton! 

By all means.

True, but the way to fix it isn't by saving the preset in a different group, it's by adding the outfit to the "Unified UNP" group. ;)

Type your outfit's name into the outfit filter at the top, so that it's the only thing appearing in the drop down. Then click the magnifying glass icon and choose "Save outfit list as group". The group name should be "Unified UNP", the actual file name of the XML file however doesn't matter. It needs to be in the SliderGroups folder, though.

Hi I'm trying to fix clipping for my body preference but I'm getting the error below when I open in Outfit Studios.

Bones in shape 'Castanic_F_L30_Body_Skel' not found in reference skeleton:

dollleft 2

dollleft 3

dollright 2

dollright 3

There's a few other armors that gives me this message. I need to change the skeleton in outfit studio. But where i can take correct sceleton and place in OS as reference? In armor's nif? If yes - how can i take it from file?

True, but the way to fix it isn't by saving the preset in a different group, it's by adding the outfit to the "Unified UNP" group. ;)

Type your outfit's name into the outfit filter at the top, so that it's the only thing appearing in the drop down. Then click the magnifying glass icon and choose "Save outfit list as group". The group name should be "Unified UNP", the actual file name of the XML file however doesn't matter. It needs to be in the SliderGroups folder, though.

wait..... so BodySlide will generate a SliderGroups file for an outfit (or several pieces of an outfit)?

Is that new?

I asked about this a while ago and was told that a SliderGroups file had to be made from scratch by hand for every outfit (or outfit group... like Fox39)

wait..... so BodySlide will generate a SliderGroups file for an outfit (or several pieces of an outfit)?

Is that new?

I asked about this a while ago and was told that a SliderGroups file had to be made from scratch by hand for every outfit (or outfit group... like Fox39)

That has always existed. Usually I tell people "either manually or use this", though.

Is there quick way to add multiple sliders to an outfit or do I have to do it one by one?

Use "Slider -> Conform All" with a reference loaded. Or you mean completely custom sliders?

I edited the the CBBE HDT Body to have some of the sliders from the old HDT body and when I try that it looks like the picture in the attachment even when I copy the bone weights.

post-57197-0-01169000-1435704513_thumb.png