[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

OS issues when following #3 to clean up clipping:

I have found that if I delete the body included in the outfit when working, then it doesn't matter which of the suggestions given here I choose to follow, the exported mesh crashes Skyrim when equipped.  Whether I copy the reference body or export with reference, the new nif will crash Skyrim when I equip the mesh.  However, not deleting included body and doing a simple export works fine.  The error seems to stem in OS changing the body value in the nif from the default to some other number, and switching it back is not possible as the original reference is missing and using the simple number gives an invalid link error.

However, this leads to another problem if I simply import with the original body intact.  While I can now equip it without issue, cbbe morphs in racemenu behave... oddly.  Using them will adjust the outfit just fine, but the body remains static.  Furthermore, I know this is a imported mesh issue because when I unequip the armor after using the racemenu morphs, the naked body shifts to the morphed settings.  Also, if I do I simple build in BS, the racemenu cbbe morphs work fine and adjust both outfit and body simultaneously.

FYI: I am running BS/OS as admin.

Any advice would be appreciated.

If you dont mind asking, how do i make the Bodyslide 2 armors and clothings fit on my body that i created on bodyslide? Do i edit the armos one by one in Outfit studio with the armor meshes that comes with the mods Bodyslide folder? Im confused.

Another thing i'd like learn is how to delete or remove a part of the armor. For example, in Tera armors the chestpiece comes with leg parts. What do i need to do in order to remove those parts ? Thanks in advance.

I am a bit confused about how to go about using people's conversions. I get that the process is generally install original mod, then install the conversion, then run bodyslide, build bodies, and then batch build the armor. This doesn't work all the time though, and I wish I knew why. For example, it worked totally fine on Angeli's devious expansion, but not on the CBBE HDT converion for tera armors.

If I were about to fix some clipping on the outfit, do I really need to delete the imported body as mentioned in Guide #3 during the step #2?

Thx before.

If all you do is "Load Outfit" and edit something, then you can just export the NIF again. However if you're working with certain references or BodySlide projects you often need to delete a duplicated body before saving.

If I were about to fix some clipping on the outfit, do I really need to delete the imported body as mentioned in Guide #3 during the step #2?

Thx before.

If all you do is "Load Outfit" and edit something, then you can just export the NIF again. However if you're working with certain references or BodySlide projects you often need to delete a duplicated body before saving.

I see, so if I want to fix clipping on someone BS project, that mean I need to to that step. Thx for ur answer.

You only need to delete it if you're replacing it with another body, or you want one with different weights. There's a lot of conversions that I touch up the fit, no need to change the body at all if it's the one you want already.

You only need to delete it if you're replacing it with another body, or you want one with different weights. There's a lot of conversions that I touch up the fit, no need to change the body at all if it's the one you want already.

I see, thx for your information.

Also sometimes when I select all bones and Copy Bone Weights to all outfit part and then when I click Save or Export the nif, a pop up window showed up and told me there's some vertices that weightless and I need to give them weight, does this always happen? Thx before.

How do you change the weight brush color. I only seem to get blue and I can't find a color setting in the brush settings.

Thanks in advance and sorry if this has been mentioned before I just haven't found it. Maybe it is called something else. 

The color indicates the strength of the weight. The longer and/or stronger you paint, the more teal, then green, then orange, then red it will become. Use the brush settings for making the brush stronger.

How do you change the weight brush color. I only seem to get blue and I can't find a color setting in the brush settings.

Thanks in advance and sorry if this has been mentioned before I just haven't found it. Maybe it is called something else. 

The color indicates the strength of the weight. The longer and/or stronger you paint, the more teal, then green, then orange, then red it will become. Use the brush settings for making the brush stronger.

I tried adusting the strength of the brush. Must be something wrong with my touch.

Thank you. I'll go back and try again.

Is there a tutorial for converting shoes/heels/gloves with Outfit Studio?  Or, is it possible?

I guess there wasn't a need for it when Bodyslide was just CBBE because the hand/feet meshes are identical but UUNP has different hands and feet shapes.  I tried but cannot follow the Everything->CBBE->UUNP steps when there are no CBBE hand/feet references. 

Or is there a easier way to work with UUNP hand/feet?  There are no sliders for hand/feet so it's basically just fixed conversions: UNP->UUNP DreamGirl/TopModel/Other UUNP shapes don't conform to UNP.

• 2 weeks later...

When u want to convert an TBBP outfit to HDT outfit do u need to delete the breast01 bones? Thx before.

It's a good idea, yeah. HDT doesn't use/need them.

I see, thx, well, when those still included there's some clipping on the same position as the weight paint of those bones of the outfit.

Good Evening,

at first sry for my bad english, not my mothertongue. :)
I used Bodyslide with one or two armors (not really armor more like a bit of cloth)

But on some Pieces get some strange Texture Issues on the Body.

It looks like its blurred.

Can anyone help me?

post-115163-0-53896900-1443116088_thumb.jpg

post-115163-0-83158600-1443116072_thumb.jpg

Thanks in Advance :)

need help. This is a issue that happens every once in a while but I dont know how i fixed it last time:

Unnassigned armors not showing ANY presets in Bodyslide? Why? And how do I fix it? 

EDIT: im looking at this guide:

Q: I loaded my outfit into BodySlide, but I don't see my preset?
A: You have to manually add your outfit to the (super) group the preset was saved in, or edit your created preset so that it links to your outfit.
You can still create the outfit with your BodySlide preset, you just need to navigate to the body that you made the preset for, select the preset,
then type your outfit's slider set name into the "Outfit Filter" and hit batch build.

But i dont understand what this is saying. i tried doing that (I think incorrectly) but when I hit batch build, the armor doesnt match my body. I should mention that all other armors i have come with "slidersgroups" folder in their mod, but the unnassigned ones do not. They are the ones giving me trouble

EDIT: figured it out.

I'm in need of help. I'm totally new to bodyslide and the instructions aren't making much sense to me. Basically, I've downloaded the original armor mod as well as a separate CBBE HDT bodyslide presets. What exact steps do I take to apply the new HDT preset onto the armor and make it into a new mod with HDT? Do I need to drop the presets into an archive with the original mod or do I drop them into my bodyslide folder?

I'm in need of help. I'm totally new to bodyslide and the instructions aren't making much sense to me. Basically, I've downloaded the original armor mod as well as a separate CBBE HDT bodyslide presets. What exact steps do I take to apply the new HDT preset onto the armor and make it into a new mod with HDT? Do I need to drop the presets into an archive with the original mod or do I drop them into my bodyslide folder?

If you're talking about shape preset XML files, those go into BodySlide\SliderPresets. You can then select them in the preset drop down in BodySlide.

If you're talking about BodySlide conversions of mods, those go into the BodySlide folder as well. You can then build and/or batch build them.

So I used the BodySlider outfit studio

First thing I did I played around with the brushes and changed the scaling/placement of things, all which has worked smoothly when I saved on top of the mods I had downloaded

Now I did something more experimental, basically I tried to "merge" two armors, exporting 3d shapes from one, importing to the other, saved the new nif on top of the old nif. As for texture, I took the relevant texture in the equivalent texture folder for the armor mod that was the "base" and added it in the outfit studio; in here it looks perfectly as I want it, made sure the texture paths in Outfit Studio was correctly named as well...

But now, when I load the game up, I get a CTD whenever I load a game where I'm wearing said modded outfit. Any ideas where I could've gone wrong?

So I used the BodySlider outfit studio

First thing I did I played around with the brushes and changed the scaling/placement of things, all which has worked smoothly when I saved on top of the mods I had downloaded

Now I did something more experimental, basically I tried to "merge" two armors, exporting 3d shapes from one, importing to the other, saved the new nif on top of the old nif. As for texture, I took the relevant texture in the equivalent texture folder for the armor mod that was the "base" and added it in the outfit studio; in here it looks perfectly as I want it, made sure the texture paths in Outfit Studio was correctly named as well...

But now, when I load the game up, I get a CTD whenever I load a game where I'm wearing said modded outfit. Any ideas where I could've gone wrong?

Did you export/import OBJ models? You should stay with NIF instead. In the "Load Outfit" dialog, you can choose "Keep other shapes" to create mashups. You then delete the shape you don't need.