[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

hi looking for advice i have followed the Anything to CBBE tutorial and have a conversion of some armor i am happy with but now that i am trying to convert this to MCBM body

but when ever i get it in game it is always messed up

images of armor in OS2 

ingame images high and low 

now i will go over the steps as i understand them 

1 start new project in OS

2 load unified unp hdt template

3  choose high weight variant

4 delete bodyshape/s at the bottom

5 use brushes to fix clipping i select mcbm high slider to save changes then select it MCBM edit mode icon so it goes to high

6 slider conform all

7 fix any clipping

8 copy bone weights 

skip 9 projects mess up when i try to edit them then test back ingame

10 i export with ref under temp name to overwrite folder then rename to the mesh i am replacing once i have both done

then i deselect MCBM high then select MCBM LOW fix clipping then copy bone weights export with refrence 

then i get it ingame and ......fail D:

I think exporting with reference exports the reference shape (the body) without sliders applied. So you body is CBBE while your armor is MCBM.

Instead, you can use Save Project As, type in the right values into the dialog (it has tooltips) and then build the output with BodySlide. You only need to copy weights once then.

hi looking for advice i have followed the Anything to CBBE tutorial and have a conversion of some armor i am happy with but now that i am trying to convert this to MCBM body

images of armor in OS2 

5 use brushes to fix clipping i select mcbm high slider to save changes then select it MCBM edit mode icon so it goes to high

6 slider conform all

7 fix any clipping

8 copy bone weights 

10 i export with ref under temp name to overwrite folder then rename to the mesh i am replacing once i have both done

then i deselect MCBM high then select MCBM LOW fix clipping then copy bone weights export with refrence 

I think exporting with reference exports the reference shape (the body) without sliders applied. So you body is CBBE while your armor is MCBM.

Instead, you can use Save Project As, type in the right values into the dialog (it has tooltips) and then build the output with BodySlide. You only need to copy weights once then.

Or just directly export the _0 and _1 using the appropriate sliders in OS like i do :v.

images of armor in OS2 

6 slider conform all

7 fix any clipping

8 copy bone weights 

Or just directly export the _0 and _1 using the appropriate sliders in OS like i do :v.

You have to use Set Base Shape for that, which in turn adds a few more steps (reloading sets, conforming again, etc.).

cell, on 29 Jul 2015 - 9:36 PM, said:

Blarrgh, on 29 Jul 2015 - 9:31 PM, said:

cell, on 29 Jul 2015 - 8:18 PM, said:

Claynation01, on 29 Jul 2015 - 7:19 PM, said:

images of armor in OS2

attachicon.gifback.jpg

attachicon.giffront.jpg

attachicon.gifScreenShot10.jpg

attachicon.gifScreenShot11.jpg

attachicon.gifScreenShot13.jpg

attachicon.gifScreenShot14.jpg

3 choose high weight variant

6 slider conform all

7 fix any clipping

8 copy bone weights

You have to use Set Base Shape for that, which in turn adds a few more steps (reloading sets, conforming again, etc.).

thanks guys well what you said cell kinda helped i thought it was done but on closer inspection while it fixed all the clipping and horrible neckseam

it actually seems to be using a different body now then before 

one nsfw image and normal 1 

post-293922-0-68575200-1438207350_thumb.jpg

post-293922-0-28032800-1438207357_thumb.jpg

as you can see above there is clearly something wrong they are both 100 weight

maybe i am doing something wrong during batch build? it is saved as ns armor bare under Outift/Body in bodyslide

then in batch build i select none then select ns armor bare then select build 

so i grab the meshes from the data folder make sure they are named correctly then put them where i  need them to test ingame

Edit O.o i think it is using the a body either cbbe or unnified unp hdt like you said but i also tried saving as project not much changed cause when i went back in and loaded the project outfit on its own then then it matches the default matches it perfectly as if i had made no changes at all i tried a couple of different things but it just ended up worse

also i am doing the high and low mcbm then saving as project i assume that is correct

Thx for this cool guide, but I need a clarification on adding BBP/TBBP/HDT to the outfit, which one is needed actually? "Copy Selected Weight" or "Copy Bone Weight"?

Thx before.

If the outfit works perfectly fine, then you just need "Copy Selected Weights".

"Load Outfit" it, and "Load Reference" the CBBE Body BBP/TBBP/HDT, then select and copy the needed weights to the body and armor and export.

If the outfit works perfectly fine, then you just need "Copy Selected Weights".

"Load Outfit" it, and "Load Reference" the CBBE Body BBP/TBBP/HDT, then select and copy the needed weights to the body and armor and export.

Alright, but somehow for an outfit like leggings/stockings they would have a clipping issue when I use the "Copy Selected Weights", I've tried the "Copy Bone Weight" but the clipping still there even though in BS there's no clipping on the leggings. Once it came out without any clipping, but I forgot what I did before since I just reinstalled the outfit again.

This is the outfit that I was talking about: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62045/?

I'm sorry, but I don't get it. I have installed with NMM but I don't see how to use it in the game. The gifs from this site are showing this to be an application to be ran from the desktop. If so then where is the .EXE file? And should I uninstall it from NMM? Thanks in advance to all responses.

Hi,

I am new to using BodySlide and Outfit Studio.

I get everything set in Outfit Studio with the outfit I want to convert and save. When I reload my file the textures do not show up. The armor has "no image" on it.

These are custom armors and textures. It works fine with loading vanilla textures.

Where do the texture files need to be so they are saved properly?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Edit: Never mind I figured it out. All working now.

Sorry, I know I am missing something here.  I can do step 3 of your tutorial fine.  Except for gaps appear sometimes at the hands and feet.  I saw the note where you said to move the item on the body to try and fix this.  basically I have an armor mod that has major screwups in farmer clothing, but all the other items look good.  It is UN7B.  I downloaded a UNPB mod that has these same items, I am converting these to UN7B, creating a zipped data folder and installing the converted farmer clothing overwriting his MOD.

I was watching the video on adding weights in the Bodyslide 2 mod page.  It had all the sliders showing up and then you can use convert all?  to move the clothing.  then add the weights.

Anyway, I can not get past step one of that vid because, the only slider sets I have are uunp.  I use the UN7B body by ANK.

The UN7B body has an option to download and install a conversion set for bodyslide.  So in /data\Caliente\bodyslide\conversions  I have a 7b conversion set.

only problem is I have no idea how to use it.  When to load it, or what to do with it.  WIll it add the sliders? so i can move the shape with the convert all button(may not be called the convert all)

Alright, but somehow for an outfit like leggings/stockings they would have a clipping issue when I use the "Copy Selected Weights", I've tried the "Copy Bone Weight" but the clipping still there even though in BS there's no clipping on the leggings. Once it came out without any clipping, but I forgot what I did before since I just reinstalled the outfit again.

This is the outfit that I was talking about: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62045/?

So do I need to Copy Selected Weights on all bones in bones tab if I want to convert a ADEC/UNP/CBBE/BBP/TBBP or other outfit beside CBBE HDT into CBBE HDT and vice versa?

So do I need to Copy Selected Weights on all bones in bones tab if I want to convert a ADEC/UNP/CBBE/BBP/TBBP or other outfit beside CBBE HDT into CBBE HDT and vice versa?

If you convert from a different body, you always need to copy all weights with "Copy Bone Weights" to all armor shapes. "Copy Selected Weights" is only if you have, let's say, a finished CBBE conversion, and now you want to make it CBBE HDT. If there is still clipping with animations in-game, then you will either have to use Mesh Rigger to copy the weights instead, or manually touch up the weights in OS.

If you convert from a different body, you always need to copy all weights with "Copy Bone Weights" to all armor shapes. "Copy Selected Weights" is only if you have, let's say, a finished CBBE conversion, and now you want to make it CBBE HDT. If there is still clipping with animations in-game, then you will either have to use Mesh Rigger to copy the weights instead, or manually touch up the weights in OS.

Ah thx for your answer.

Alright I need to confirm this one again.

So if I'm converting a UNP or even an vanilla CBBE outfit (that haven't got converted by using BS yet) I need to use "Copy Bone Weights" right?

About manually touch up the weights in OS, is there any guide for it?

Ah thx for your answer.

Alright I need to confirm this one again.

So if I'm converting a UNP or even an vanilla CBBE outfit (that haven't got converted by using BS yet) I need to use "Copy Bone Weights" right?

About manually touch up the weights in OS, is there any guide for it?

Yeah, you have to. There's no guide for that, it's one of those things that can't truly be explained, especially not without a voiced video guide with examples.

Basically, you can select a bone in the bones tab that you think is causing clipping in-game and use the "Preview Scale" slider below the bones list. Scale the bones up a bit (not all that much) and if it begins clipping, use the brush that's automatically been selected to make the weights stronger or weaker there. It's tedious, though. I suggest looking into Mesh Rigger first.

Yeah, you have to. There's no guide for that, it's one of those things that can't truly be explained, especially not without a voiced video guide with examples.

Basically, you can select a bone in the bones tab that you think is causing clipping in-game and use the "Preview Scale" slider below the bones list. Scale the bones up a bit (not all that much) and if it begins clipping, use the brush that's automatically been selected to make the weights stronger or weaker there. It's tedious, though. I suggest looking into Mesh Rigger first.

I see, I'll look for it then. Once again, thx.

Really, manually editing the weights is a must if you want the conversion to come out nicely. It's not very hard and actually quite fun. Hold down the left "alt" button to reduce weights. One thing I suggest, look at the default bodies in OS before editing weights. I suggest using the "Dream Girl" bodies since they have the best weighting, and get an idea of what default weight painting actually looks like. Then, open some clothes/armor that you like how it's weighted in OS, look at each bone and see how the author weighted them, just to get a clue on how you'd like your outfit to move.

All in all a quick and dirty convert would be to select all armor/clothes pieces with shift+click, then right click and copy bone weights. Then in the bones tab, check the upper arm weighting soe that under the arms isn't weighted and pulling, check each thigh for crosstalk, the right thigh bone should have no weighting on the left thigh and such. THis will get you really close to perfect.

Sry I need want to ask this: Does it matter if I still "Copy Bone Weights" even the outfit I'm converting is already a converted CBBE outfit and the "Copy Selected Bone"? (I'm just need to be sure about this)

Really, manually editing the weights is a must if you want the conversion to come out nicely. It's not very hard and actually quite fun. Hold down the left "alt" button to reduce weights. One thing I suggest, look at the default bodies in OS before editing weights. I suggest using the "Dream Girl" bodies since they have the best weighting, and get an idea of what default weight painting actually looks like. Then, open some clothes/armor that you like how it's weighted in OS, look at each bone and see how the author weighted them, just to get a clue on how you'd like your outfit to move.

All in all a quick and dirty convert would be to select all armor/clothes pieces with shift+click, then right click and copy bone weights. Then in the bones tab, check the upper arm weighting soe that under the arms isn't weighted and pulling, check each thigh for crosstalk, the right thigh bone should have no weighting on the left thigh and such. THis will get you really close to perfect.

I'm sry if I didn't get this clear, does brush weighting is need also in this step?

I've converted an outfit in Bodyslide from CBBE to CBBE HDT, and did "Copy Bone Weights".

The outfit turned fine but the leg part on the outfit got stretched like this in the attachment.

How do I fix this? Thx before.

attachicon.gif2015-08-23_00002.jpg

Select the the left and right thigh bone in Outfit Studio and remove the weighting from the wrong side by holding the ALT key and painting.

I've converted an outfit in Bodyslide from CBBE to CBBE HDT, and did "Copy Bone Weights".

The outfit turned fine but the leg part on the outfit got stretched like this in the attachment.

How do I fix this? Thx before.

attachicon.gif2015-08-23_00002.jpg

Select the the left and right thigh bone in Outfit Studio and remove the weighting from the wrong side by holding the ALT key and painting.

I see, thx, does something like this might happens when we copy the bone weights to the outfit?

Ok so I made a zap slider for this specific outfit that I am currently converting to my body preset for UUNP bodyslide. Problem is my personal body preset doesn't show up in the "Preset" tab when I select the outfit "Wjun Body HDT" in the "Outfit/Body" tab, as seen here

help1.jpg

If I click on the "Build" button it keeps applies the zaps and removes the meshes exactly how I wanted, but doesn't match my personal body preset that I converted it to. How do I apply the zaps while converting it to my personal body preset? Or a possible solution, how do I apply the zaps while I use "Batch Build..." to convert the outfit to my desired preset? To be more specific, here's another image of what I am asking about this possible solution

help2.jpg

For an outfit that have an concrete pauldron (i.e. stell pauldron), and have about 3-5 different bone with different weight brushing on the pauldron, how to give the proper weighting to the pauldron since the pauldron got stretched every time the character walking or doing other animation? Thx before.