[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

I never tried it but I think that if you hold shift when you press Build you get to select a custom destination to save.

The CTRL key, yeah. But wasn't the problem that he/she doesn't want to put it there manually each time?

What do you mean with the zaps? You want to apply the zaps you made to all of your outfits? In that case, you will have to load the project in Outfit Studio and add a new zap for each of them I'm afraid. The "Slider -> New Zap" menu item does that for you, for the parts of the selected shape that are not masked by the mask brush.

They want Bodyslide to save the Zap selections you made the most recent time you built the outfit.

As it is now, it always resets to whatever the default is, meaning that if you tweak your body, you have to rebuild all of the outfits manually in order to get your Zap settings right.

If I zap off say, sleaves and a skirt, then next time I go look at that outfit in Bodyslide, the sleeves and skirt should still be zapped.

Its a quality of life improvement, basically.

What do you mean with the zaps? You want to apply the zaps you made to all of your outfits? In that case, you will have to load the project in Outfit Studio and add a new zap for each of them I'm afraid. The "Slider -> New Zap" menu item does that for you, for the parts of the selected shape that are not masked by the mask brush.

They want Bodyslide to save the Zap selections you made the most recent time you built the outfit.

As it is now, it always resets to whatever the default is, meaning that if you tweak your body, you have to rebuild all of the outfits manually in order to get your Zap settings right.

If I zap off say, sleaves and a skirt, then next time I go look at that outfit in Bodyslide, the sleeves and skirt should still be zapped.

No, you can save your zap selection into a preset (batch build uses presets only). As long as the zaps have the same name(s) on all outfits, it will work.

No, you can save your zap selection into a preset (batch build uses presets only). As long as the zaps have the same name(s) on all outfits, it will work.

But thats the point. Thats not useful.

I don't use the same zaps on all outfits. I want specific zaps saved for specific outfits, so everytime I tweak my body I don't have to rebuild every single outfit in the game.

So, recently, with the updates to the base CBBE file and skeletons, I've had to re-make my bodyslide outfit sets several times. It's not too bad waiting for the whole thing, but going through nearly half of them to check various, prefered zaps is a huge pain. Is there any way I can set my preferred zaps as the default ones for my outfits? Be gentle and use general terms and plain speak, as advanced bodyslide/file editor wording confuses and scares me. I've been looking around for an answer, but yet to find a way to do this on my own.

PS: I end up having to copy/paste my body files to various other folders (followers, mannequins, etc) with each revision. Is there any way I can add these folders, and the file names to be overridden, to the bodyslide utility? 

What I've done in my own setup is create a really simple batch file to copy the meshes automatically. I've attached a gutted out version in case you want to use it as a template. Just open it with a word processor and change the folder names to the locations you want to go. Then rename the file to something with a .bat extension (Ex: CopyBodyData.bat) and drop it in your data folder.

This way, you just need to build the default body and double click the bat file to make it do all the copying and pasting.

I tried to make an HDT slider set for Edhildil's Dwemer Cyborg.

It looks fine in Outfit Studio, but the output has parts flipped around in nifskope. I have no idea what happened.

Could someone explain what happened? My Slider Set .xml and _1.nif result is below.

post-541074-0-59669500-1430554783_thumb.jpg

Copy Body Data.txt

When I want to export .nif after fixing some clipping there's a warning message about I haven't assigned some of vertex's weight, what does this mean?

It means some vertices don't have at least one weight assigned. :P

As said in the warning, Outfit Studio will mask those parts of your outfit, so you know where and can invert that mask, go in the Bones tab and paint at least one very slight weight on there.

When I want to export .nif after fixing some clipping there's a warning message about I haven't assigned some of vertex's weight, what does this mean?

It means some vertices don't have at least one weight assigned. :P

As said in the warning, Outfit Studio will mask those parts of your outfit, so you know where and can invert that mask, go in the Bones tab and paint at least one very slight weight on there.

Thx! I thought the darker parts weren't the mask and uneditable, that's why I couldn't paint a weight brush on them, I didn't know they were masked and I haven't inverted them.

Any help would be appreciated. If this was addressed in one of the tutorials, I apologize for missing it.

It's very difficult to say without seeing the mesh, but I would guess it has some goofy properties like the rotating issue I commented on above. On the screenshot I attached, below the rotate is a scale; I would check that. If you can't find anything looking through the block details, sometimes it's easier to click on the dress, export it as an obj, delete the old one and import it back into the nif. You'll have to name it correctly and reassign textures and all that, but sometimes that's faster than digging through all that stuff when you don't know exactly what you're looking for. And if you make a backup, you can just copy and paste the BSLightingShader, etc. or at least copy relevant lines.

If that doesn't work, check your bone weights.

K I finally got the body to show up, but I am having trouble deleting the preset body that loaded with the armor. I have tried several times to right click the UUNP body shape and the clicked delete shape but nothing happens.

K I finally got the body to show up, but I am having trouble deleting the preset body that loaded with the armor. I have tried several times to right click the UUNP body shape and the clicked delete shape but nothing happens.

You can't delete the reference shape like that. What's referred to as "the body that came with the outfit" is the one in the lower list to the right. If there's none there, you also don't have to delete it.

Just started with UNP Minidresses, and many outfits are identical. Example:

• monkrobes_f_1.nif
  • monkvariantoutfitf_1.nif
  • vaerminarobesf_1.nif
Is there a proper method to transfer all the work from one project to another? So i don't have to do the same edits 3 times.

I assume saving the project under a different name, and replacing texture paths could work.

Just started with UNP Minidresses, and many outfits are identical. Example:

• monkrobes_f_1.nif
  • monkvariantoutfitf_1.nif
  • vaerminarobesf_1.nif
Is there a proper method to transfer all the work from one project to another? So i don't have to do the same edits 3 times.

I assume saving the project under a different name, and replacing texture paths could work.

Yup. Make sure there's no other differences in the NIF like shaders, alpha properties or slot assignments.

I really must say, that Mesh Rigger is doing a magic job on this type of outfit. All bounce clipping was fixed instantly, and animations/poses looking 99% perfect already.

20FSmnU.png

VoYfPKB.png

CO5paBY.png

McpCG3Z.png

And after testing tons of conversions for 7B that were supposedly made in Blender/3ds max, i MAY eventually tune down my own expectations a bit. Saw lots of clipping and bad stretching on those as well in the more extreme Halo Poses.

Just wondering about Mesh Rigger, does it need the UV stuff enabled for weight copy?

Yup. Make sure there's no other differences in the NIF like shaders, alpha properties or slot assignments.

Alright thanks for the fast reply :)

If anyone feels like doing a quality check:
UVR - Minidress Wench+Barkeep v0.1.7z

Requires UNP Minidresses Collection by Tiwa44

kio2BGb.png

v32bN8o.png

W7NfWTQ.png

edit: the Wench Boots should be called "Boots" and are the first item of that name in the inventory list (if you have all items from qasmoke).
player.additem 000d1921 should also be the correct one.

Mostly fixed clipping in walk/run in the front of the skirt, rest was looking good. Tested with an UNPskinny<->7BO preset.

Edited by guk

I've been trying to follow GUIDE 1: Any Outfit -> BodySlide (Custom Body) but I can't do Step 5.  The body mesh won't delete.  Anyone know what to do?

Are you trying to delete the one under "reference" or the one under "outfit"? The reference body will not delete at all, and that is an intended function of Outfit Studio.

I've been trying to follow GUIDE 1: Any Outfit -> BodySlide (Custom Body) but I can't do Step 5.  The body mesh won't delete.  Anyone know what to do?

Are you trying to delete the one under "reference" or the one under "outfit"? The reference body will not delete at all, and that is an intended function of Outfit Studio.

Ah, I see now.

I missed a part in Step 4:

"Depending on your mesh, you may have an imported body in your outfit. If so, delete it.

To check if this step is applicable click the eye button next to reference shape until it's closed. If there is still a body showing then you have an imported body to get rid of!"

post-807072-0-93941500-1430876214_thumb.png

The eye is closed and nothing's there.  That must be a reference body then.

Thanks!

Minidress test update:
UVR - Minidress Archmage+Beggar v0.1.7z

Requires UNP Minidresses Collection by Tiwa44

Y8CXk9v.png

0AP4eTQ.png

pHIRWK0.png

KU22Gwr.png

• Panties: they work alright but not 100% perfect, most likely i will insert 1 optimized panty mesh into all outfits when everything else is done.
  • There MAY be a tiny pixel clipping on the archmage's skirt on the (character) left hip, visible when you have a 360° walk/run animation. Feedback plx
  • edit: Beggar = "Ragged" in game
Edited by guk

I'm probably just being an idiot, but I need help: I have got the Lady Raven Bombshell armor and I want to delete the Latex and cloth parts of the armor - no problem so far. Of course, after just deleting them, a big part of my character's upper body is now invisible (as there is no "body"). Thus, I load my normal femaleupperbody_1 as a reference and duplicate it (it actually IS a Bombshell body, so there is not really much clipping). I export the nif, overwrite the old armor piece ... and when I try to put on that armor in-game, I get an instant CtD.

What am I missing?  Has it something to do with "copy selected bones"?

Something interesting: the two "no skirt" versions work in-game when I do as I described above, only the two "skirt" versions crash ... without my "edits" all versions work in-game.

Thank you, Cell and Levionte for the info and tool for my questions! It should save a lot of time in the future, especially with how fast CBBE has been updating/fixing bugs lately. That said, I do have one more simple question regarding sliders. I believe most outfits that use CBBE use the curvy body option. My question is, what body option is that in the template list when in bodyslide? I'm assuming it's CBBE-plus? And at what settings would the middle weight be at, seeing how you can only see the slider positions for min and max? 

I'm going to try keeping the limbs and hips at default size so I can use some of the rather wonderful gloves and boots/stockings that have been made, but aren't bodyslide compatible (yet). 

Question about project file management in OS - is saving different outfit projects into the same sliderset.xml supported?

Or is it better to manually merge the .xml files with a text editor?

Because i started the UNP Minidresses Collection as separate files (to keep better control of everything), now i wonder if i can just load them one by one and use "Save Project As..." into a single .xml and single folderpath.

I believe most outfits that use CBBE use the curvy body option. My question is, what body option is that in the template list when in bodyslide? I'm assuming it's CBBE-plus?

AFAIK all the CBBE outfits use the "CBBE Classic" shape, of which the high weight shape is also used as default (reference) baseshape in Bodyslide and UUNP.

Question about project file management in OS - is saving different outfit projects into the same sliderset.xml supported?

Or is it better to manually merge the .xml files with a text editor?

Because i started the UNP Minidresses Collection as separate files (to keep better control of everything), now i wonder if i can just load them one by one and use "Save Project As..." into a single .xml and single folderpath.

you can save different outfits into the same project.xml, that works for the folders too, assuming no 2 outfits share the same named branch (belt, panty or such generic stuff), nor shape.nifs. if that's the case, you will overwrite the sliderfiles/meshes of the previous with the newer ones.

if outfits differ only in textures you can consolidate the slider-data in one folder and just have separate meshes (you will still need the project.xml to point at that folder and the individual nifs).

it's probably not worth the hassle, considering you are saving a few 10 to 100MB when heavily modded skyrim can get to 50-100GB.

keep the slider and project files and directories separate and just consolidate everything in a group.xml...