[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

And now for the hilarious question revealing just how bad at this I am. How do I save this in such a way that I can use it as a reference, like the other conversion sets?

Many ways, but TBH

I suggest you just keep the BSD file you saved somewhere safe.

You can just add it back again for each conversion using the New Slider option

Slightly inconvenient for now, but if your only doing like 10 conversions it should suffice.

The proper 'conversion' method way is a bit more complicated and will be made into a proper guide (actually the stuff I mentioned before will also be made into a proper guide eventually)

It's just that I feel like I'm going to over complicate things if I write the proper way right now in a half assed manner.

Not entirely sure if this is the right thread, since I am simply trying to use bodyslide enabled armor rather than convert non-bodyslide armor. But it doesn't hurt to ask. :)

I thought I would start out simple, I am not even trying to customize my own body, just use one of the already existing bodies. To start this process, I downloaded the vanilla replacer http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/25259 which specifies I should use bodyslide 2 for the armor. Using MO I already have the latest CBBE body which came with a version of bodyslide. I then installed bodyslide 2 which "overwrites" (MO installation, so physically a separate copy) and set the executable as an MO executable. But it doesn't seem to be working right. Using bodyslide2 I can see CT77's presets, but body and outfits list only show the CBBE bodies. If I use the CBBE install bodyslide executable (again as an MO executable), I can see all the outfits from the mod, but the presets are missing. So it seems that each version is partially working from within MO

The bodyslide 2 executable does allow me to open outfit studio, but from the tutorials I have been looking at it seems to me that was meant for adjusting non-bodyslide enabled outfits. If I try opening a new project and selecting a .nif to edit I am browsing in the MO mods folders rather than the virtual filesystem and it cannot find the textures.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong and point me in the right direction? It seems to me that armor that is already bodyslide enabled should be resized in bodyslide rather than going all the way through outfit studio.

Not entirely sure if this is the right thread, since I am simply trying to use bodyslide enabled armor rather than convert non-bodyslide armor. But it doesn't hurt to ask. :)

I thought I would start out simple, I am not even trying to customize my own body, just use one of the already existing bodies. To start this process, I downloaded the vanilla replacer http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/25259 which specifies I should use bodyslide 2 for the armor. Using MO I already have the latest CBBE body which came with a version of bodyslide. I then installed bodyslide 2 which "overwrites" (MO installation, so physically a separate copy) and set the executable as an MO executable. But it doesn't seem to be working right. Using bodyslide2 I can see CT77's presets, but body and outfits list only show the CBBE bodies. If I use the CBBE install bodyslide executable (again as an MO executable), I can see all the outfits from the mod, but the presets are missing. So it seems that each version is partially working from within MO

The bodyslide 2 executable does allow me to open outfit studio, but from the tutorials I have been looking at it seems to me that was meant for adjusting non-bodyslide enabled outfits. If I try opening a new project and selecting a .nif to edit I am browsing in the MO mods folders rather than the virtual filesystem and it cannot find the textures.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong and point me in the right direction? It seems to me that armor that is already bodyslide enabled should be resized in bodyslide rather than going all the way through outfit studio.

I should make a guide about MO and Bodyslide -_-

But yea for now, basically setup Bodyslide the way it says to on the official download page at the bottom.

You should be able to run Bodyslide that way and use MO's virtual directory system correctly.

I should make a guide about MO and Bodyslide -_-

But yea for now, basically setup Bodyslide the way it says to on the official download page at the bottom.

You should be able to run Bodyslide that way and use MO's virtual directory system correctly.

I thought I did all that, but I may have forgotten the "run as Administrator" bit since I think I recall having a popup ask me about running as administrator last night when I was messing with it. Will have to test again tonight when I am home.

Am I correct in surmising that I should not need to run outfit studio when fitting bodyslide enabled armors to my current shape? (Assuming that my shape isn't to far off from the armor's original shape.)

Am I correct in surmising that I should not need to run outfit studio when fitting bodyslide enabled armors to my current shape? (Assuming that my shape isn't to far off from the armor's original shape.)

Yeap. If it's already bodyslide enabled no need to run OS.

Blabba, sorry the trouble again, ik you got busy with Unibody, but when doing Cbbe higheels > Dreamgirl i need do something special? because that dnt get the right "effect" highheels effect, or its better doing that at 3ds max because hdt system?

Blabba, sorry the trouble again, ik you got busy with Unibody, but when doing Cbbe higheels > Dreamgirl i need do something special? because that dnt get the right "effect" highheels effect, or its better doing that at 3ds max because hdt system?

Yea chances are you'll need to do some tweaking on them.

I dunno what or if it's possible but I can add it to my ridiculously long to-do list eventually :D

Just remind me if you see no progress on this in a week via pm.

Yea chances are you'll need to do some tweaking on them.

I dunno what or if it's possible but I can add it to my ridiculously long to-do list eventually :D

Just remind me if you see no progress on this in a week via pm.

No worries about time with that, its just "by curiosity" anyway, i got a better idea: ill try the conversion, and after done i will inspect the old highheel nif to seen if exist anything special there and going try replicate that at "new" highhell, if its just that i guess will work going test soon i got home (im at work atm).

And now for the hilarious question revealing just how bad at this I am. How do I save this in such a way that I can use it as a reference, like the other conversion sets?

Many ways, but TBH

I suggest you just keep the BSD file you saved somewhere safe.

You can just add it back again for each conversion using the New Slider option

Slightly inconvenient for now, but if your only doing like 10 conversions it should suffice.

The proper 'conversion' method way is a bit more complicated and will be made into a proper guide (actually the stuff I mentioned before will also be made into a proper guide eventually)

It's just that I feel like I'm going to over complicate things if I write the proper way right now in a half assed manner.

Done, and working on converting the armors now. No longer using the brush on the body, instead using the "increase mesh volume" on the outfit. Making the outfits HDT slider compatible now. I'll post em here once done.

Thank you so much! 

I thought I did all that, but I may have forgotten the "run as Administrator" bit since I think I recall having a popup ask me about running as administrator last night when I was messing with it. Will have to test again tonight when I am home.

Ok, it is set to run as Administrator. When I run it it is still giving me the prompt about allowing it to make changes to my computer, and it is still not finding any outfits. I also set BodySlideWXP to run as administrator in case that helped. Nothing. Then I had the idea to set MO to run as administrator and that got things working. So hopefully this note will help someone else if they run into the same problem.

I am still not seeing all textures populate. I suspect I need to unpack the base skyrim resources to get that working, it is on some of the armor meshes replacing vanilla that I get the issue. Any pointers there, or is it not worth the trouble?

One last question, is converting armor to bodyslide relatively easy, or is it an advanced process?

Ok, it is set to run as Administrator. When I run it it is still giving me the prompt about allowing it to make changes to my computer, and it is still not finding any outfits. I also set BodySlideWXP to run as administrator in case that helped. Nothing. Then I had the idea to set MO to run as administrator and that got things working. So hopefully this note will help someone else if they run into the same problem.

I am still not seeing all textures populate. I suspect I need to unpack the base skyrim resources to get that working, it is on some of the armor meshes replacing vanilla that I get the issue. Any pointers there, or is it not worth the trouble?

One last question, is converting armor to bodyslide relatively easy, or is it an advanced process?

Dunno, extracting textures sometimes takes awhile, up to you really.

As for how hard it is to make conversions, it's all relative. Some users get the gist of it and everything works out smoothly for them which encourages them to delve deeper. Others struggle and just give up. These guides were more or less made so less people belong in the second half of the camp.

I liked OS enough to pick up learning 3DsMax (and then Mudbox and other stuff) so yea you never know.

As for how hard it is to make conversions, it's all relative. Some users get the gist of it and everything works out smoothly for them which encourages them to delve deeper. Others struggle and just give up. These guides were more or less made so less people belong in the second half of the camp.

I liked OS enough to pick up learning 3DsMax (and then Mudbox and other stuff) so yea you never know.

Do I need those other programs to bodyslide'ize armor already made for CBBE or is OS enough to do it? And is there a skimpy clothing replacer somewhere that has already been converted to bodyslide?

Sorry for all the questions.

Do I need those other programs to bodyslide'ize armor already made for CBBE or is OS enough to do it? And is there a skimpy clothing replacer somewhere that has already been converted to bodyslide?

Sorry for all the questions.

Nope, the extra programs are only if your some crazy orange who thinks he can unify all the bodies out there for every beth game there is and make it all slideable and transferable.

As for existing Bodyslide conversions, there's a good thread made by oppaithon that tracks those armours, look in there.

As for existing Bodyslide conversions, there's a good thread made by oppaithon that tracks those armours, look in there.

Yes, that's the thread that started me down the bodyslide path. Unfortunately I haven't found a bodyslide skimpy clothing replacer like the "little sexy apparel replacer" so currently I either have sexy warriors and prudish civilians or I stick with a body shape supported by that mod. One reason I asked about the difficulty in porting stuff ... I may try porting those outfits eventually. But this all sprang from me switching over to MO from NMM and rebuilding everything, so I don't really want to spend that much time now converting clothing when I am still putting together a new mod collection and getting everything working. I already took one detour to test setting up ENBs ... but found that my hardware isn't quite up to it. My framerate isn't too bad, but it seems to drop it enough that the stuttering hurts my eyes a little without actually becoming obviously slow.

On that note is it worth it to upgrade to the HDT body? I am not really interested in pregnancy, nor am I studying the characters closely enough to worry about detailed body jiggle.

Yes, that's the thread that started me down the bodyslide path. Unfortunately I haven't found a bodyslide skimpy clothing replacer like the "little sexy apparel replacer" so currently I either have sexy warriors and prudish civilians or I stick with a body shape supported by that mod. One reason I asked about the difficulty in porting stuff ... I may try porting those outfits eventually. But this all sprang from me switching over to MO from NMM and rebuilding everything, so I don't really want to spend that much time now converting clothing when I am still putting together a new mod collection and getting everything working. I already took one detour to test setting up ENBs ... but found that my hardware isn't quite up to it. My framerate isn't too bad, but it seems to drop it enough that the stuttering hurts my eyes a little without actually becoming obviously slow.

On that note is it worth it to upgrade to the HDT body? I am not really interested in pregnancy, nor am I studying the characters closely enough to worry about detailed body jiggle.

HDT body has more sliders if you want those as well.

It's entirely up to you really. Everything you need to know about it is on the description page ;)

I actually switched from NMM to MO, after nuking my skyrim install because NMM can't uninstall correctly  :@ 

I haven't even bothered to get setup on my own skyrim mod collection or even get to playing skyrim much these past few months...

So yea, I can understand your concerns on the level of difficulty, but like I said before, it's entirely dependent on yourself. My suggestion is, actually try it out and see if it's for you or not.

Im assuming you finally got it running in MO? I writed that troubleshoting in the nexus download page from Bodyslide 2 and OS and thats how I personally installed it (pretty much like FNIS or any other mod with executable, except the administrator permisions that is something more required for Bodyslide 2) it should work, beware that every bodyslide mod you install is gonna have the error in MO about no game data on top level, since the top level is the CalienteTools folder and mo doesnt recognize it yet as a valid data folder (like meshes, textures, etc.), you have to right click on the mod after installed it and click 'ignore missing data' so it will appear from greyed out to normal black letters. Then it should appear inside bodyslide 2. Also you mentioned BodyslideWXP, is just a windows xp version you dont need that.

As for skimpy replacers you currenty have 2 mainly finished, the Remodeled Armor one you know and keos, less skimpy, is here: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/32731/?

And of course you can use any enabled bodyslide outfit directly, even if its not 'hdt', if its tbbp its pretty much the same as hdt (just less optimized) and if its non bbp wel no jiggle :D Addit those weights is rather simple though. Also converting an armor/outfit to bodyslide is also easy but tricky, this post is dedicated to learn how to do it, although the guide tells how to convert to calienteadvanced tbbp you should use hdt body instead, although it really doesnt matter since unibody is comming (new better body).

A final question. Things are going very well, and I'm doing the slow, onerous process of the quality conversions. Now, a thing about the Predator armor is most of them use the same base outfit parts. namely, the mesh body covering and the underclothing. Different types of armor is then slapped over that. Is there a way for me to save the brush edits to the sliders I'm doing with these, so all I need to adjust for later armor sets is the extra stuff? 

A final question. Things are going very well, and I'm doing the slow, onerous process of the quality conversions. Now, a thing about the Predator armor is most of them use the same base outfit parts. namely, the mesh body covering and the underclothing. Different types of armor is then slapped over that. Is there a way for me to save the brush edits to the sliders I'm doing with these, so all I need to adjust for later armor sets is the extra stuff? 

Depending on how the armour set is configured, you can try slapping all those parts and pieces together into 1 super mesh, then use Zap Sliders to hide out certain pieces and such and make it configurable that way.

But no, unfortunately what you ask for is not possible as sliders require exact vertex count and vertex order, which I highly doubt is the case here.

Depending on how the armour set is configured, you can try slapping all those parts and pieces together into 1 super mesh, then use Zap Sliders to hide out certain pieces and such and make it configurable that way.

But no, unfortunately what you ask for is not possible as sliders require exact vertex count and vertex order, which I highly doubt is the case here.

With how much time it takes to make every slider of the HDT body fit, I'm willing to try the zapping bit. How would I go about doing this? (I have saved the project, so if I mess things up now I at least have one perfect armor made still)

Alright, I've woken refreshed and with patience again, so one at a time conversions isn't too bad. However, I have hit a speed bump that unless solved will likely mean me stopping this little endeavor. In bodyslide and nifscope the new armors look great. However, on loading them in game, there is tons of clipping when I move. I have copied the boneweights to all outfit pieces, and made sure there was no clipping for any of the sliders. Any and all help would be appreciated here, as I really want to be able to make at least one thing I can give to the community.

predarmorlitebetafemale.xml

predarmorlitebetafemale.rar

Im assuming you finally got it running in MO? I writed that troubleshoting in the nexus download page from Bodyslide 2 and OS and thats how I personally installed it (pretty much like FNIS or any other mod with executable, except the administrator permisions that is something more required for Bodyslide 2) it should work, beware that every bodyslide mod you install is gonna have the error in MO about no game data on top level, since the top level is the CalienteTools folder and mo doesnt recognize it yet as a valid data folder (like meshes, textures, etc.), you have to right click on the mod after installed it and click 'ignore missing data' so it will appear from greyed out to normal black letters. Then it should appear inside bodyslide 2. Also you mentioned BodyslideWXP, is just a windows xp version you dont need that.

As for skimpy replacers you currenty have 2 mainly finished, the Remodeled Armor one you know and keos, less skimpy, is here: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/32731/?

And of course you can use any enabled bodyslide outfit directly, even if its not 'hdt', if its tbbp its pretty much the same as hdt (just less optimized) and if its non bbp wel no jiggle :D Addit those weights is rather simple though. Also converting an armor/outfit to bodyslide is also easy but tricky, this post is dedicated to learn how to do it, although the guide tells how to convert to calienteadvanced tbbp you should use hdt body instead, although it really doesnt matter since unibody is comming (new better body).

Yes, I did get it working, and then moved on to update and install all the sexlab mods (Well, not _ALL_ of them of course, just the set that I want to use). I did miss Keos does include clothing, I decided on CT77's body preset and the CBBE clothing from the skimpy replacer does seem to fit well on it. But looking at Keos clothing, I might have to go that route instead. It is definitely less skimpy, but it also looks like more work was put into it. Skimpy just seems to hack at the vanilla clothing, removing cloth, and sometimes ends up looking a bit strange. The Keos screenshots look more like clothing designed for that level of skimpyness, rather than the result of a sudden bandage shortage forced the women to donate parts of their clothing. :-/

That also presents another possibility. The remodeled armor has the option to remove panties (and other pieces), but I don't want all the NPCs running around with their crotches exposed. The idea of being able to customize my own panties or go without is interesting though. So I was considering trying to install it twice, once as a replacer and once as a stand alone with all the panties zapped. I am also not quite sure how I feel about all the leggings, I may end up zapping the majority of them as well. If the Keos armor is appealing enough, I may just go with Keos as the replacer and have remodeled simply be the very skimpy version I can craft and get the best of both worlds. (Or if I discover that Keos is missing some armors that remodled has, copy the remodeled replacer version of those armors over to the Keos install to get them replaced as well).

Still lots to do before I dive back into real gameplay again.

Hello blabba,

here is a small example of how much the tutorial helped me.

I love this armor.

Even Lydia (dark hair) is enthusiastic.

However, it has also immediately threatened me, when I drink orange juice again, she just run around naked.

Dreadful thought.

Crap, never orange juice.  ;)

Really great declares itself blockheads as I understand that.

Have many thanks for your great arrangement.

post-25678-0-10913100-1397334025_thumb.jpgpost-25678-0-08778700-1397334042_thumb.jpgpost-25678-0-99617800-1397334056_thumb.jpg

hey man, heres the two body nifs again, i think the old ones i linked may have been altered so these might be better, also i think their may have been a issue with the skeleton last time.  60% is the weight i want to make a nif of for the new 100% wieght.  Again many thanks for working on this for me :)

Here you go:

I included the weight slider so you can adjust yourself in case you feel like 60% is too high or too low.

Let me know if you need anything else :)

hey man! im haveing a issue with the body you worked on for me, the right arm seems off and i don't know how to fix it D: ive tested the body on a couple of compys but it still has issuses with the right arm.  halp meeee plz! :D

2014-04-11_00001_zps2db17f1d.jpg

here are the origonal nifs

Body_0.nif

Body_1.nif

hey man, heres the two body nifs again, i think the old ones i linked may have been altered so these might be better, also i think their may have been a issue with the skeleton last time.  60% is the weight i want to make a nif of for the new 100% wieght.  Again many thanks for working on this for me :)

Here you go:

I included the weight slider so you can adjust yourself in case you feel like 60% is too high or too low.

Let me know if you need anything else :)

hey man! im haveing a issue with the body you worked on for me, the right arm seems off and i don't know how to fix it D: ive tested the body on a couple of compys but it still has issuses with the right arm.  halp meeee plz! :D

2014-04-11_00001_zps2db17f1d.jpg

here are the origonal nifs

lol, in that case I probably can't help you out sorry >.<

Then chances are the hand and/or original body was badly skinned and if I did the thing all over again in Bodyslide, the same issue will occur :(

It could just be your using incorrect hands also though.

Chances are you can fix the nifs by re-skinning them in 3dsMax or Blender though (I think... not sure...)

Tried to convert few undies and bras...
looks like it works with no animation clipping.
Tested with TBBP, HDT breast collision and idle animations.

post-405525-0-94463500-1397415854_thumb.jpg

I'm converting more clothes and armour

hope I can share it with my fellow newbies

Thanks blabbba :)