[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

How can I apply ZapSliders to an outfit without a default bodyshape mesh?

The item I'm trying to convert only has ONE mesh that appears in Outfit Studio, it does not contain a default bodyshape mesh when I opened it in outfit studio.

I intend to convert a partial clothing, trousers from UNP to CBBE that only covers the legs and I want to remove the clipping on the legs (when I walk around in-game wearing the outfit, the skin area clips out of the trousers) by zapping the skin of the leg area. However, there is no default body mesh on the outfit.

What I tried: 

Create New Project > Opened the mesh for the trousers along with Advanced CBBE body mesh > Aligned the trousers to the body shape using brushes > Conform to sliders > Masked the area I do not want zapped(In this case the entire upper torso) > Created new zap slider > Properties: set default values to 100 > Checked Hidden and Zap boxes > Create Bodies

Pretty much followed the tutorial by wavion2  /watch?v=o7yCk1nsk88&feature=youtu.be

However, when I went in-game the leg area was not zapped even though I applied the zap slider to the outfit, so skin clipping still appears. Is there anyway to solve this issue?

The files I'm trying to convert from UNP to CBBE are attached below.

Don't use the advanced properties buttons, they corrupt the slider data it's a known issue in OS.

(you have to manually add the hidden tags in via xml editing)

Also, did you copy the body in the outfit?

There was no body in the outfit?

If you look at the file, there was no default UNP bodyshape mesh that came with the outfit. Just a single mesh for outfit itself for the legs and hips.

I don't know if adding a CBBE reference body and then zapping the legs was right though because no bodyshape mesh was there initially.

Since the outfit only covers the leg area, I only want it to zap the leg skin area specifically when it is equipped, but not add an upper torso skin on the outfit itself. What I did was mask the upper torso (which left that part of the body on the outfit intact, not what I want) and zap the legs in outfit studio.

Either way, the legs were not zapped when I equipped it in-game.

There was no body in the outfit?

If you look at the file, there was no default UNP bodyshape mesh that came with the outfit. Just a single mesh for outfit itself for the legs and hips.

I don't know if adding a CBBE reference body and then zapping the legs was right though because no bodyshape mesh was there initially.

Since the outfit only covers the leg area, I only want it to zap the leg skin area specifically when it is equipped, but not add an upper torso skin on the outfit itself. What I did was mask the upper torso (which left that part of the body on the outfit intact, not what I want) and zap the legs in outfit studio.

Either way, the legs were not zapped when I equipped it in-game.

I'll have to apologize, I don't have the time to actually look into the issue here myself.

But I think your overthinking things, you don't necessarily need to zap, just mark the parts of the outfit that clip through and use a brush to expand (if high enough poly)

If not, then what you can do is adjust weights.

Or finally to do the zap right (with the entire outfit as a set) you load the upper body (which has the UNP body + oufit mesh) and zap the legs on that.

Hope this somewhat helps or sparks an idea for you.

I managed to make a UNPB body with sightly modified the breasts shapes, i used BodySlide UNP v0.5 by stuffed bunny to make the body. I chose the SliderSet as UNPB Body HDT and Busty as preset. there's another one called UNPB Body HDT DG not sure what does that means,

But My plan is to only change the breasts shape on the UNPB body with added HDT Breasts and butt physics support, and i wouldn't have to reconvert all of the armor/clothing that i like. gloves/boots/helmet would work fine without clipping as i didn't change other part of the body except the breasts. so i have to convert the top part only.

Now that i have my custom UNPB body how do i port it over to Outfit Studio ? Is there a way to do this? like example convert CBBE to custom UNPB HDT body

1. Convert from CBBE to UNPB.

2. Reweight for UNBP HDT, or UNPB DG HDT (dreamgirl wights).

3. Either:

* make sliderset for Bodyslide UNPB (but it's a work in progress, and many non-bodytype sliders will be modified)

or

*  make conversion set from UNPB to your custom body:

A. load custom high weight body, export shape as obj

B. load custom low weight body, export shape as obj

C. load UNPB body mesh

D. make two sliders: High and Low

E. import slider shape for both sliders, save project

Having a bit of trouble getting BodySlide 2 to work through Mod Organizer and I wondered if you could all be of assistance. 

Firstly, I followed the steps provided in the Troubleshooting section of BS2's Nexus page listed below.

1.) Install "BodySlide 2 and Outfit Studio" normally through the Mod Organizer installer (drag & drop the 'CalienteTools' folder out of 'Data')
2.) (recommended) Right-click "BodySlide 2 and Outfit Studio" and select "Ignore missing data"
3.) Right-click "Bodyslide 2 and Outfit Studio", and use "Open in explorer"
4.) Inside of the "CalienteTools/BodySlide" folder, locate "BodySlide.exe", and set it to always run as administrator.
5.) If you have previous versions installed (Caliente's original BodySlide or BodySlide++), make sure to drag & drop "Bodyslide 2 and Outfit studio" below them.
6.) (important) Go to the virtual data tab that's in the tabs to the right, and navigate to "CalienteTools/BodySlide/BodySlide.exe" (make sure "BodySlide 2 and Outfit Studio" is the provider mod. If not, check the previous step again).
7.) Right-click "BodySlide.exe" -> Add as executable.

As far as I know it was all done correctly. However, when I navigate the pull down to BodySlide and click Run all I get is a brief cmd.exe window followed immediately by a "Windows Command Processor has stopped working" error. Both BodySlide.exe and Mod Organizer.exe are running as Administrator.

Any ideas what I've done wrong?

Having a bit of trouble getting BodySlide 2 to work through Mod Organizer and I wondered if you could all be of assistance.

Any ideas what I've done wrong?

Double check Bodyslide Works by itself first.

Download and extract the files by itself, and place somewhere and see if you can launch Bodyslide without the error you mention.

If this works then, manually place the Bodyslide directory into your Skyrim install

Then in MO, add the exe manually (similar to how you would add Wrye Bash or TES5Edit)

Double check Bodyslide Works by itself first.

Download and extract the files by itself, and place somewhere and see if you can launch Bodyslide without the error you mention.

If this works then, manually place the Bodyslide directory into your Skyrim install

Then in MO, add the exe manually (similar to how you would add Wrye Bash or TES5Edit)

It works fine on its own if I simply go into its directory and double click BodySlide.exe. Since it's not through MO, though, none of the textures or anything display, I just get the body shape with "No Image" pasted all over. 

I could add it through Modify Executables but didn't the instructions say you shouldn't do that or it wouldn't work right?

It works fine on its own if I simply go into its directory and double click BodySlide.exe. Since it's not through MO, though, none of the textures or anything display, I just get the body shape with "No Image" pasted all over. 

I could add it through Modify Executables but didn't the instructions say you shouldn't do that or it wouldn't work right?

Not sure I just did it the way the Bodyslide description page suggested and everything seems to work fine for me.

Maybe try pming awfularchdemon, Monsto or cell?

I don't have much experience with MO.

Not sure I just did it the way the Bodyslide description page suggested and everything seems to work fine for me.

Maybe try pming awfularchdemon, Monsto or cell?

I don't have much experience with MO.

I have used it as an executable through MO. Just be careful that the CBBE body comes with an older bodyslide, so if you install bodyslide 2 on top of that you need to make sure bodyslide 2 comes after (replaces) bodyslide in MO's ordering. That bit of trickery tripped me up for a while.

What causes an armor to deform? I converted the Seraphine Armor to topmodel but the top three straps on the inside leg, both sides, stretch out when crouched. It almost seams as if the are connected. I am also having the same problem with the gloves around the index fingers. Is this a weight painting issue or bones, maybe?

It's when the bone weights are copied, you have to manually edit the thighs so that there's no weighting on the left thigh when the right thigh bone is selected and vice versa. Hold alt while painting to remove weights. Usually bone weight copying is close but not always perfect, I find I can go through it manually and fix anything glaring in a minute or so on the conversions I've done.

ZGGB-R2-U Conversion References by Vioxsis: DOWNLOAD

Meant for those who want to convert Outfits to the ZGGB-R2-U Body Type by Zaselim.

Or who want to convert armors back to CBBE from ZGGB.

The link for this is dead. Could we get a reupload?

This is one of those awkward moments where the original uploader forgot to make an offline backup and had deleted the work on his computer for some odd reason...

HOWEVER! I am fairly sure the references and stuff were packaged in HDT Body 1.4 (maybe also 1.5?) so you could check in their as well.

And I think maybe Zaselim has a mirror of them up over on his thread so you could also try their.

Sorry for the inconvenience...

(On a slightly unrelated note, I finished the conversion references for my upcoming Project CITRUS mod so these and the newer Zaselim bodies will all be supported as well as morphable...)

It's when the bone weights are copied, you have to manually edit the thighs so that there's no weighting on the left thigh when the right thigh bone is selected and vice versa. Hold alt while painting to remove weights. Usually bone weight copying is close but not always perfect, I find I can go through it manually and fix anything glaring in a minute or so on the conversions I've done.

Thanks for the reply!

Basic BodySlide question I think...

I was trying to convert a CBBE armor (elven sniper) to an HDT 1.3 custom body. I have an issue with this and other armors where I get a horrible neck gap when they're done. It was suggested that instead of using "Duplicate Shape" to put my BaseBody back into the outfit (and then export nif) that I use the "Save Project As..." and tick the box for automatically copying the reference body in. So I tried that. 

I get no error, but I can't find the files it supposedly saved. I THOUGHT since it needs the mesh path and all that in the "Save Project As..." dialogue, that it would create the _0 and _1 nifs in the directory where I told it to put them. They never appeared. 

Am I misunderstanding how this is supposed to work?

Basic BodySlide question I think...

I was trying to convert a CBBE armor (elven sniper) to an HDT 1.3 custom body. I have an issue with this and other armors where I get a horrible neck gap when they're done. It was suggested that instead of using "Duplicate Shape" to put my BaseBody back into the outfit (and then export nif) that I use the "Save Project As..." and tick the box for automatically copying the reference body in. So I tried that. 

I get no error, but I can't find the files it supposedly saved. I THOUGHT since it needs the mesh path and all that in the "Save Project As..." dialogue, that it would create the _0 and _1 nifs in the directory where I told it to put them. They never appeared. 

Am I misunderstanding how this is supposed to work?

you run it through bodyslide (the outfit) and you should get the outfit made and placed correctly.

The actual files you made are in the Bodyslide folder's ShapeData folder.

OK, when I did this in OS, I know I copied the bone weights to every mesh in the outfit (I think there's only 3). 

I went into Bodyslide, selected the outfit, selected my preset, said, "make bodies" and it put the _0 and _1 nifs in the right place.

When my character wears the outfit and does the sexy idle, her nipple piercings move but the outfit doesn't. :)  Clearly I have missed something. I'll have to try again. hehehhe

OMG! I finally got one! hahahahha

OK, so using Duplicate Shape to get my custom bodyshape into the outfit in OS causes a neck gap. Using the Save Project As... and ticking the box to automagically copy the reference shape into the outfit gives me the outfit with no neck gap. AWESOME!

Now I notice that she clips through a couple spots in the butt when she wiggles her ass. So I have a little more reading to do. I am trying to avoid having to add more "space" between the outfit and the body as I like the skin tight look of the pants.

What could be the reason for the disappearance of meshes in-game, after you've edited the bone weights, especially on the skirts or long scarfs?

For instance, with an armor that has an skirt, after you're done with editing the bone weights and try to test the armor in-game. The weighting itself works as intended, but the skirt is partly  "ripped off".

Example

Here, since I didn't like the skirt movement with the original bone weights, I lowered the Thigh area weights from Red to Blue (if you get what I mean). Hence this happens.

Before

74050QQ.jpg

After

487q4Bi.jpg

I already know a workaround for the issue, but I'm just curious that is this a known bug in the OS or is it just my failure in weighting.

No matter what I try I always end with a neck gap. I'm using a cbbeadvanced tbbp modified body with hdt physics and it's working fine.

I can apply weights to the outfits and they are working fine. Im using groovetama's  skeleton configured in config.xml and placed in /res.

I exported nif , saved projects , added my body from reference or not and tried all hints from above posts but nothing.. always neck gap

I'm out of clue and need help

thank you

What could be the reason for the disappearance of meshes in-game, after you've edited the bone weights, especially on the skirts or long scarfs?

For instance, with an armor that has an skirt, after you're done with editing the bone weights and try to test the armor in-game. The weighting itself works as intended, but the skirt is partly  "ripped off".

Most probably has nothing to do with weighting. I can only see two reasons that could cause this:

1. Those vertices are accidently zapped.

2. Those vertices has the wrong partition number.

Check the output nif with Nifscope. If nothing is zapped, compare the partitions with the original mesh.

May be to soon to ask but is there an XML file that helps converting armors to bombshell body with belly support?

There should be a 7base bombshell conversion slider in the stock BodySlide/OS package you downloaded.

Otherwise if it's not their you can try downloading stuffed_bunny's excellent bodyslide UNP package.

No matter what I try I always end with a neck gap. I'm using a cbbeadvanced tbbp modified body with hdt physics and it's working fine.

I can apply weights to the outfits and they are working fine. Im using groovetama's  skeleton configured in config.xml and placed in /res.

I exported nif , saved projects , added my body from reference or not and tried all hints from above posts but nothing.. always neck gap

I'm out of clue and need help

thank you

attachicon.gifenb 2014_05_21 17_49_18_52.bmp

So I solved the neck gap somewhat. 

After conversion of the outfit (guide 1) , I used bodyslide to create the meshes and they had neck gap.

I reopened only the outfit with OS and moved vertices by 1 on z axe on both outfit and bodyshape and saved.

This way gap is gone. Funny thing is that since the outfit has a long skirt I cannot check if the gap has moved to the ankles that 

I cannot see.

Now, since I'm very noob about all this maybe someone can shed some light about this issue , Are my meshes strange causing the gap?

or the skeleton? or the outfit itself?

Cheers and thanks for this wonderful software

So I solved the neck gap somewhat. 

After conversion of the outfit (guide 1) , I used bodyslide to create the meshes and they had neck gap.

I reopened only the outfit with OS and moved vertices by 1 on z axe on both outfit and bodyshape and saved.

This way gap is gone. Funny thing is that since the outfit has a long skirt I cannot check if the gap has moved to the ankles that 

I cannot see.

Now, since I'm very noob about all this maybe someone can shed some light about this issue , Are my meshes strange causing the gap?

or the skeleton? or the outfit itself?

Cheers and thanks for this wonderful software

Chances are, your outfit/body was skinned with morph enabled on a non-normalized skeleton.

Coupled with the fact that OS uses an older version of XPMS as it's reference skeleton, this issue is just further compounded.

OS is known to really screw up with skin data like this. Only way that I've figured out a fix for this is before even importing the outfit into OS, I'd import into 3dsMax onto an existing skeleton (like XPMS) then bake the skin morphs into the vertices themselves if need be and reset the skin morphs and re-export.

I'd do the same when you export from OS if you made any skin/weight changes inside OS.

Unfortunately, most users of OS do not use or want to learn a full 3d software package, so I haven't bothered making a guide about this xD.