[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

I cant get the nipple piercings to work....I did everything said in the video tutorial yet it wont let me create/preview bodies...nothing happens. I'm using SED7 piercing set

They'll be re-done properly. (hopefully whenever Unibody comes out)

I dunno why but another user reported the boxes were bugged even though it should have saved the data just fine.

I followed your guide on how to fit any armor to any body type, and was able to do so without a hitch thanks to your awesome guide for dummies.. like me. Well then I thought it would be kind of cool to enable HDT physics as well, so I downloaded the body in your link and adapted the armor following your instructions after creating a custom HDT body in Bodyslide and this is what I got.

post-145287-0-12521300-1397729818_thumb.jpg

What did I do wrong?

I followed your guide on how to fit any armor to any body type, and was able to do so without a hitch thanks to your awesome guide for dummies.. like me. Well then I thought it would be kind of cool to enable HDT physics as well, so I downloaded the body in your link and adapted the armor following your instructions after creating a custom HDT body in Bodyslide and this is what I got.

attachicon.gif2014-04-17_00001.jpg

What did I do wrong?

I can't tell from your picture....

Please upload a better pic or attempt to describe your problem....

attachicon.gif2014-04-17_00001.jpg

What did I do wrong?

I can't tell from your picture....

Please upload a better pic or attempt to describe your problem....

Yeah, sorry for the the bad quality pic. It's basically the same problem as skyrimkillmod's. the body is badly distorted.

Ok, i'm following the steps to create armor to any body. But in the last step, to copy the skeletons to use in armor with TBBP, i don't know what bones to copy for each part of meshes. Can you help me? I'm making the conversion of Succubus Armor

Seductress Armor*

Read the guide carefully. The bones for TBBP are listed.

Ok, I used Bodyslide to edit an armor replacer that I've been dying to see on the CBBE body for a while, I went through all the necessary, steps, saved it and this happened. Can someone explain to me how this is possible? I mean I don't think I'm seeing things, I'm pretty sure the names are spelled EXACTLY the same and the file type is EXACTLY the same so what's going on?.. also the new meshes don't work in game..

post-145287-0-26412400-1397964038_thumb.png

UPDATE: Nevermind.. I JUST spotted the problem.. guess I'll just leave this here for laughs.

Got a Nifskope question, but it does relate to this guide.

In guide 0, at step 5, I've converted a "NiSkinInstance" branch to a "BSDismemberment" branch, but there don't appear to be anywhere to edit the "Body Part" or "Part Flag" properties.

My understanding is that these flags are needed in order for the mesh to show correctly in the CK and the game.

How can I add these property fields back into the mesh?

Got a Nifskope question, but it does relate to this guide.

In guide 0, at step 5, I've converted a "NiSkinInstance" branch to a "BSDismemberment" branch, but there don't appear to be anywhere to edit the "Body Part" or "Part Flag" properties.

My understanding is that these flags are needed in order for the mesh to show correctly in the CK and the game.

How can I add these property fields back into the mesh?

You need to generate skin partitions. Right click on the render window > Batch > Make all skin partitions. Then it should show these options to set body parts.

I have a few question about addng HDT high heel system.  I couldn't find any tutorial about it.

Lets say I have a heel-styled-boots, so firstly I'll have to shape feet mesh to fit in that heel? 

You need to generate skin partitions. Right click on the render window > Batch > Make all skin partitions. Then it should show these options to set body parts.

I have a few question about addng HDT high heel system.  I couldn't find any tutorial about it.

Lets say I have a heel-styled-boots, so firstly I'll have to shape feet mesh to fit in that heel? 

Hmm, not sure I can help much on the heel issue (or if this is the right thread for it xD)

But I imagine you can cheat this by simply making sure the visible parts of the leg (like ankles) connect properly with the new heel mesh.

The toes and stuff that are 'hidden' can be sort of deleted/moved around without having to make it look pretty.

Or you could just open up an actual heel mesh and just transfer the foot from that to your new one :)

I'm having a issue where If i need to offset the armor to make it fit to the body everything looks fine in bodyslide/outfit studio, but if i put it in game it, the offset doesn't save. It looks fine when I preview it in body slide though, am I doing something wrong or is it an issue with bodyslide?

I'm having a issue where If i need to offset the armor to make it fit to the body everything looks fine in bodyslide/outfit studio, but if i put it in game it, the offset doesn't save. It looks fine when I preview it in body slide though, am I doing something wrong or is it an issue with bodyslide?

Sadly you can't scale or change Z/Y/X positions of the mesh in the outfit studio 2. Its just there as a dummy to help you with modelling.

If you wish to change offset or scale ,open your nif in the nifskope > right click on the mesh > Transform > Edit/Scale verticles ; change to your desired values. After finishing make sure you will Apply  these settings ( right click on the mesh > Transform > Apply ) to the .nif before saving.

Otherwise mesh in game won't have any effect that you did in the nifskope.

I have yet to be able to convert anything to your HDT body type in Outfit Studio. Either Outfit studio crashes when I try to copy the weights, or when I just convert the meshes to fit the HDT body and export it without copying the weights the body explodes out of the armor and jiggles and flops around with every movement like it's hollow skin made of firm rubber.. is there a download for Bodyslide, or some script tweak I'm missing? Or am I just unlucky? Could be that I need to look for a more current version of Outfit Studio? My current version is months old by now.

EDIT: I finally got Outfit Studio to let me attach the weights, but it's the same deformed story as if I hadn't been able to attach the weights.

post-145287-0-85268400-1398242132_thumb.jpg

post-145287-0-65523000-1398242151_thumb.jpg

One more question/issue, sometimes when I'm converting armor, been converting several from the Alan BBP pack. They scale fine in outfit studio tot he sliders and everything, but once i save the project the boobs don't scale downward anymore. Its like they hit a minimum size, or something. It only shows up when I preview it in Body slide before I created the bodies. It is also only the boobs. I have been converting them to the PSB body slider, and the belly node and everything scales fine. Some of them work perfectly others have this issue, any ideas?

I can upload a screen shot if necessary.

Any idea what would cause the meshes ( gloves & boots ) disappear in the game, after converted by the OS?

The meshes ( boots and gloves disappears when in 3rd person mode, but when you scroll out the camera distance, they show up just fine. The disappearing only occurs when you're in 3rd person mode and your camera distance is small.

Could the cause of the problem be the OS?

Or could the original meshes be corrupted somehow? But I don't think that that's the case, because when I tested the original mod with several different versions ( UNP, UNPB, CBBE...), they didn't have this problem. It only happens after I converted them.

Thanks for the help!

My next dull question relates to editing a mesh that's used as footwear (albeit using body slot #54)

I can load and edit the mesh in OS, but when I load it in game, the mesh is positioned in the wrong location in respect of the body.

In this case, the socks that I've edited appear below the foot. I'm pretty sure that this has something to do with OS, because before I edit the mesh, it shows correctly in game.

Can someone let me know what I may be doing wrong or am I using OS for purposes other than what was intended?

Mega Reply incoming xD:

I have yet to be able to convert anything to your HDT body type in Outfit Studio. Either Outfit studio crashes when I try to copy the weights, or when I just convert the meshes to fit the HDT body and export it without copying the weights the body explodes out of the armor and jiggles and flops around with every movement like it's hollow skin made of firm rubber.. is there a download for Bodyslide, or some script tweak I'm missing? Or am I just unlucky? Could be that I need to look for a more current version of Outfit Studio? My current version is months old by now.

EDIT: I finally got Outfit Studio to let me attach the weights, but it's the same deformed story as if I hadn't been able to attach the weights.

attachicon.gif2014-04-23_00001.jpg

attachicon.gif2014-04-23_00002.jpg

That's awkward. The only way that could happen is if you overwrite the entire weighting.

Make sure to use only 'copy  selected' weights and select only TBBP bones.

Make sure you do it for each piece of the entire outfit as well.

One more question/issue, sometimes when I'm converting armor, been converting several from the Alan BBP pack. They scale fine in outfit studio tot he sliders and everything, but once i save the project the boobs don't scale downward anymore. Its like they hit a minimum size, or something. It only shows up when I preview it in Body slide before I created the bodies. It is also only the boobs. I have been converting them to the PSB body slider, and the belly node and everything scales fine. Some of them work perfectly others have this issue, any ideas?

I don't understand what exactly is the problem. Try re-phrasing and posting some gifs/pics.

Any idea what would cause the meshes ( gloves & boots ) disappear in the game, after converted by the OS?

The meshes ( boots and gloves disappears when in 3rd person mode, but when you scroll out the camera distance, they show up just fine. The disappearing only occurs when you're in 3rd person mode and your camera distance is small.

Could the cause of the problem be the OS?

Or could the original meshes be corrupted somehow? But I don't think that that's the case, because when I tested the original mod with several different versions ( UNP, UNPB, CBBE...), they didn't have this problem. It only happens after I converted them.

Double check your normals options. Make sure smooth seam normals and the like are all turned off.

Can't say I've heard of this problem though so it might be something else as well.

Make sure you went through Guide 0 on your outfits .nif file before conversion. (If doubts, post the original nif for me to take a look at.)

Thanks for the help!

My next dull question relates to editing a mesh that's used as footwear (albeit using body slot #54)

I can load and edit the mesh in OS, but when I load it in game, the mesh is positioned in the wrong location in respect of the body.

In this case, the socks that I've edited appear below the foot. I'm pretty sure that this has something to do with OS, because before I edit the mesh, it shows correctly in game.

Can someone let me know what I may be doing wrong or am I using OS for purposes other than what was intended?

OS has no official glove/boots supports. It was simply meant for torso armour.

I'm sure there could be a way/method to make it work for boots/gloves as well, but that's not something I'm working on right now xD.

I don't understand what exactly is the problem. Try re-phrasing and posting some gifs/pics.

Sorry you can ignore this one, for some reason when I did conform all, it missed on of the meshes in the outfit. I re did it and it seems to be ok now. Don't know if outfit studio just bugged or what.