[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

Im sure im missing something simple here. I have been editing different CBBE armors to add TBBP HDT to them by adding weights. When i equip them in game they work fine until i go in 1st person. The arms dont line up to the wrists/hands. What am i doing wrong? 

Dunno about First Person Problem, but it sounds like a skelly mismatch, if you install groovtama's skeleton you should be fine I believe.

Im sure im missing something simple here. I have been editing different CBBE armors to add TBBP HDT to them by adding weights. When i equip them in game they work fine until i go in 1st person. The arms dont line up to the wrists/hands. What am i doing wrong? 

Dunno about First Person Problem, but it sounds like a skelly mismatch, if you install groovtama's skeleton you should be fine I believe.

In 3rd person the arms and wrist line up fine its only in 1st person where they dont or the arms are missing depending on the armor ive edited. With no armor 3rd and 1st person apears fine.  Also i use the TBBP animation of dragon fly, not sure if that edits the skeleton. 

In 3rd person the arms and wrist line up fine its only in 1st person where they dont or the arms are missing depending on the armor ive edited. With no armor 3rd and 1st person apears fine.  Also i use the TBBP animation of dragon fly, not sure if that edits the skeleton. 

Yea, not so sure in this case, never really paid attention to 1st person lol...

On another note, which body preset in Bodyslide is the default shape that is installed by Calientes CBBE body mod. eg CBBE, Classic CBBE etc. 

The latest CBBE version I believe. Sorry dunno about that but if you read the main page it's probably answered, as well as their are multiple other presets.

In 3rd person the arms and wrist line up fine its only in 1st person where they dont or the arms are missing depending on the armor ive edited. With no armour 3rd and 1st person apears fine.  Also i use the TBBP animation of dragon fly, not sure if that edits the skeleton. 

Yea, not so sure in this case, never really paid attention to 1st person lol...

On another note, which body preset in Bodyslide is the default shape that is installed by Calientes CBBE body mod. eg CBBE, Classic CBBE etc. 

The latest CBBE version I believe. Sorry dunno about that but if you read the main page it's probably answered, as well as their are multiple other presets.

Thanks for your help ill have a look on the main page.

Also i found that the 1st person arm/wrist thing is a problem with the default armour not the one i edited.

Yeah. The only thing using the brush over it did was darken it, but it didn't seem to effect any clipping x.x

Wrong brush :P , that's called the mask brush. It just prevents edits being made to the darkened areas.

Try clicking the brush button and look for 'inflate' or something similar.

It's also the first button on the top left hand side of the brushes.

I guess I should add-in a 'Brush Guide' as well lol.

I swear I tried every single brush type. I'll have to try it again. I need to figure out how to do this stuff :P

Was liking the guide overall :)

I'm having a problem that seems to be outfit studio-related and was wondering if anyone else had encountered it before or had any ideas what might be the underlying cause. I've been using outfit studio for a while now to copy breast/butt/belly weights to outfit meshes in my game and it's always gone well so far until I tried it with the skirt from the Misfit Mage set. The weight copy and export worked as normal but in game I get these strange graphical glitches that I've never seen before.

Here's the scene before outfit studio:

CPzWycy.png

And here's after:

QsRLqDr.png

Note the weird glowing edges around the waist. The belts, top and shorts have all been weighted and exported without issue in the past but this skirt keeps giving me trouble and the nif data (including the BSLightingShaderProperty and its flags which I first thought might be the issue) look identical in nifskope. I've tried both exporting the nif straight from outfit studio, and saving it as a bodyslide project and exporting it that way and get the same results. Even if I just import and immediately export the meshes without changing anything this happens. It might be worth noting that the glow is only visible with ENB turned on, though I can't really see how as it was fine with the same mesh before export. If anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate it because I'm at my wits end on this.

Edit: Added some information.

I'm having a problem that seems to be outfit studio-related and was wondering if anyone else had encountered it before or had any ideas what might be the underlying cause. I've been using outfit studio for a while now to copy breast/butt/belly weights to outfit meshes in my game and it's always gone well so far until I tried it with the skirt from the Misfit Mage set. The weight copy and export worked as normal but in game I get these strange graphical glitches that I've never seen before.

Here's the scene before outfit studio:

CPzWycy.png

And here's after:

QsRLqDr.png

Note the weird glowing edges around the waist. The belts, top and shorts have all been weighted and exported without issue in the past but this skirt keeps giving me trouble and the nif data (including the BSLightingShaderProperty and its flags which I first thought might be the issue) look identical in nifskope. I've tried both exporting the nif straight from outfit studio, and saving it as a bodyslide project and exporting it that way and get the same results. Even if I just import and immediately export the meshes without changing anything this happens. It might be worth noting that the glow is only visible with ENB turned on, though I can't really see how as it was fine with the same mesh before export. If anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate it because I'm at my wits end on this.

Edit: Added some information.

This might be due to the smooth seam normals option, please read the FAQ for details on how to disable this :)

Snip

This might be due to the smooth seam normals option, please read the FAQ for details on how to disable this :)

Disabling smooth seam normals alone had no effect but disabling auto normals (under the edit menu) along side it fixed it right up. Thanks a lot for pointing me in the right direction. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your knowledge btw; these guides have been a huge help. (Especially since I'm still too lazy to properly figure out blender export for Skyrim. The more I can jerry-rig just using nifskope and outfit studio the better!)

I keep having the problem of my character's breasts shrinking on converted armors. The successfully converted armor/clothing will be in the correct place, but the breasts themselves will be shrunken/flatter. Is there any way to fix this? A special skeleton I need to use?

I keep having the problem of my character's breasts shrinking on converted armors. The successfully converted armor/clothing will be in the correct place, but the breasts themselves will be shrunken/flatter. Is there any way to fix this? A special skeleton I need to use?

I should have put this as a disclaimer down in Guide 0, but basically to fix your conversions, re-do them with a proper reference skeleton if you get this problem.

I believe I show you how to change reference skeletons in Guide 4.

I should have put this as a disclaimer down in Guide 0, but basically to fix your conversions, re-do them with a proper reference skeleton if you get this problem.

I believe I show you how to change reference skeletons in Guide 4.

Alright, thanks! Beautiful guide by the way, not sure if anyone's said so yet. Anyway, the example you gave in that tutorial is a .nif file being used for the skeleton, however in my character\characters female i've only got one .hkx file. Would that mean that's the skeleton being used, or is it in another directory?

Alright, thanks! Beautiful guide by the way, not sure if anyone's said so yet. Anyway, the example you gave in that tutorial is a .nif file being used for the skeleton, however in my character\characters female i've only got one .hkx file. Would that mean that's the skeleton being used, or is it in another directory?

Fixed the path, thanks for catching my mistake :) 'Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets female'

There should be a skeleton_female.nif file there, that is your actual skeleton file. If it isn't their, it means you have not installed a skeleton replacer, in which case you are using the default 'vanilla' skeleton of Skyrim. Luckily the vanilla skeleton is already located in the res folder of BodySlide and all you need to do i change the skeleon name in the .xml to skeleton_female_vanilla.nif. (Using vanilla skeleton will not work for TBBP/BBP weights however)

The HKX files are just a 'rig map' used to allow animations to know what skeletons are their and such. It does not contian your actual skeleton.

Alright, thanks! Beautiful guide by the way, not sure if anyone's said so yet.

Nope no one has said that before, thank you :blush: !

I just wish I knew how to make those nice photoshop image titles like what you see on the 'fancy' nexus mod pages :unsure: .

Fixed the path, thanks for catching my mistake :) 'Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets female'

There should be a skeleton_female.nif file there, that is your actual skeleton file. If it isn't their, it means you have not installed a skeleton replacer, in which case you are using the default 'vanilla' skeleton of Skyrim. Luckily the vanilla skeleton is already located in the res folder of BodySlide and all you need to do i change the skeleon name in the .xml to skeleton_female_vanilla.nif. (Using vanilla skeleton will not work for TBBP/BBP weights however)

The HKX files are just a 'rig map' used to allow animations to know what skeletons are their and such. It does not contian your actual skeleton.

Okay, the skeleton's been placed appropriately and i've converted/built the outfit. But after doing this i'm getting empty space between the bottom of my character's neck and her body in-game after equipping the armor. Is there any way to fix this?

Okay, the skeleton's been placed appropriately and i've converted/built the outfit. But after doing this i'm getting empty space between the bottom of my character's neck and her body in-game after equipping the armor. Is there any way to fix this?

Been awhile for me...

Not really sure how to fix this problem anymore :(

Maybe retry doing the conversion with your skeleton? Personally I set my reference skeleton to Groovtama's Skeleton here, but I've tested with the new XP32 skeleton's and they work fine as well.

Assuming you are converting for CBBE, I believe that CBBE uses an offset that you sometimes need to adjust for.  In Outfit Studio, you can fix it by clicking on Shape >> Move Vertices and using the default values.  If you are working in a 3d modeling program, you need to manually adjust the translation values of the mesh(es) as follows:

X: 0.0

Y: -2.54431

Z: 3.2879

I've only had what you are describing happen a couple of times; but in both instances, this fixed it.  I hope that helps.

Been awhile for me...

Not really sure how to fix this problem anymore :(

Maybe retry doing the conversion with your skeleton? Personally I set my reference skeleton to Groovtama's Skeleton here, but I've tested with the new XP32 skeleton's and they work fine as well.

Outfit Studio is not my friend all of a sudden. I've managed to fix the neck seam and import the correct skeleton (which involved deactivating and reactivating mods more times than i'd like to admit). However now whenever a reference is loaded, it's missing every single one of the bones and opens a bunch of pop-up windows to let me know.

Outfit Studio is not my friend all of a sudden. I've managed to fix the neck seam and import the correct skeleton (which involved deactivating and reactivating mods more times than i'd like to admit). However now whenever a reference is loaded, it's missing every single one of the bones and opens a bunch of pop-up windows to let me know.

You set your reference skeleton incorrectly, double check for possible typos inside the config.xml and make sure the reference skeleton exists in the CalienteTools/Bodyslide/res folder.

You set your reference skeleton incorrectly, double check for possible typos inside the config.xml and make sure the reference skeleton exists in the CalienteTools/Bodyslide/res folder.

Alright, so neck seam is fixed, my skeleton's been moved over and the config file has been appropriately edited (Sincerely thank you, i'm an idiot on that one), but bodyslide/OS is still shrinking my character's breasts somehow. I got some screenshots in-game this time, perhaps they'll help? If not, i'll get some others as requested.

Before, without armor

post-179952-0-81527100-1395354887_thumb.jpg

After, with converted armor

post-179952-0-53715700-1395354917_thumb.jpg

If there's a bright side to what it's doing currently, it's that the in-game armor matches the Bodyslide preview now. Didn't do that before I swapped skeletons. :D

Alright, so neck seam is fixed, my skeleton's been moved over and the config file has been appropriately edited (Sincerely thank you, i'm an idiot on that one), but bodyslide/OS is still shrinking my character's breasts somehow. I got some screenshots in-game this time, perhaps they'll help? If not, i'll get some others as requested.

Before, without armor

attachicon.gif2014-03-20_00001.jpg

After, with converted armor

attachicon.gif2014-03-20_00002.jpg

If there's a bright side to what it's doing currently, it's that the in-game armor matches the Bodyslide preview now. Didn't do that before I swapped skeletons. :D

Are you using any mods or adjustments via Race Menu or the like to increase your breast size?  If everything else is correct, and you are using something like that, it could be that the weight painting for any of the four breast nodes is missing or different between the naked model and the armor.  The only other thing I can think of (and I'm not positive it would make a difference here), is that the Flags for the breast and breast01 nodes might not be set correctly in NifSkope.  I believe they need to be set to 6 (Hidden not checked, Collision Detection set to 'Continue', and Skin Influence checked).  Like I said though - not sure if that last one makes a difference.

Could anyone please give me some tips on converting armors without (t)bbp and with bbp to tbbp? Im getting a weird problem when I copy the bone weights from some body reference. In-game between the legs theres a weird glitch, you can see it better when you crouch as it ends looking like frog legs. Has anyone had this kind of problem? Is there any tutorial here on loverslab?

I've tried using this tutorial before: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?showtopic=1284221

Could anyone please give me some tips on converting armors without (t)bbp and with bbp to tbbp? Im getting a weird problem when I copy the bone weights from some body reference. In-game between the legs theres a weird glitch, you can see it better when you crouch as it ends looking like frog legs. Has anyone had this kind of problem? Is there any tutorial here on loverslab?

I've tried using this tutorial before: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?showtopic=1284221

Provide a picture of your exact problem so that it may be better understood.

For all we know, it could be a skeleton issue, a mesh issue or any of a 100 other different things.

Provide a picture of your exact problem so that it may be better understood.

For all we know, it could be a skeleton issue, a mesh issue or any of a 100 other different things.

Ah, my apologies. Im using the XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended with the HDT Body, I have the HDT Physics extension and the TBBP animations installed. I also have FNIS 5.0 installed with the creatures pack. This problem only occurs on the meshes I try to convert to TBBP via the Outfit Studio, I used armors with TBBP and the CalienteSets as a body reference and both had the same problem.

The weights are added to the meshes and there's movement of the breast and butt, the only problem really is that glitch in the middle of the legs.

The problem is in between the thighs, you can notice that it's extending them toward each other.