[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

Ah, my apologies. Im using the XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended with the HDT Body, I have the HDT Physics extension and the TBBP animations installed. I also have FNIS 5.0 installed with the creatures pack. This problem only occurs on the meshes I try to convert to TBBP via the Outfit Studio, I used armors with TBBP and the CalienteSets as a body reference and both had the same problem.

The weights are added to the meshes and there's movement of the breast and butt, the only problem really is that glitch in the middle of the legs.

The problem is in between the thighs, you can notice that it's extending them toward each other.

attachicon.gifScreenShot100.bmp

Did you use copy selected weights, highlighted only the Breast and butt bones and added them individually to each mesh part?

Or did you take the 'easy' way out and click copy bone weights?

Anyone know where I can get these reference shapes for CHSBHC? I want to recreate CHSBHC in Bodyslide and be able to use the outfits in this blog.

http://mitakusaner.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-360.html

http://mitakusaner.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-361.html

The most recent ones are available at the Nexus mod page of BodySlide and Outfit Studio in the misc. file section.

How do I use these files to reverse engineer the CHSBHC body preset in Bodyslide so that I can morph other outfits to the CHSBHC size as well?

Ah, my apologies. Im using the XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended with the HDT Body, I have the HDT Physics extension and the TBBP animations installed. I also have FNIS 5.0 installed with the creatures pack. This problem only occurs on the meshes I try to convert to TBBP via the Outfit Studio, I used armors with TBBP and the CalienteSets as a body reference and both had the same problem.

The weights are added to the meshes and there's movement of the breast and butt, the only problem really is that glitch in the middle of the legs.

The problem is in between the thighs, you can notice that it's extending them toward each other.

attachicon.gifScreenShot100.bmp

Did you use copy selected weights, highlighted only the Breast and butt bones and added them individually to each mesh part?

Or did you take the 'easy' way out and click copy bone weights?

I highlighted only the breast and butt bones.

Hi there! Thanks for all the tutorials bro ! ^^

They helped me a lot, but i still have a big problem here.

The textures of the body are too dark, it's very hard to see what i'm doing. I tried to use the "T" option, but it doesnt help me much. I also can't see the masks i do =/

It's like in the pictures: http://www.imagebam.com/image/b09a97309341894 and http://www.imagebam.com/image/a0fb04309341889

Anyone can help?

Thanks!

PS: I use mature skin and sport sexy map mods

I highlighted only the breast and butt bones.

Very weird then, either the outfit itself had terrible weight paints in that area, or the reference you are using is messing things up....

I've tried it with multiple outfits. Do you have a good reference I could use?

The textures of the body are too dark, it's very hard to see what i'm doing. I tried to use the "T" option, but it doesnt help me much. I also can't see the masks i do =/

It's like in the pictures: http://www.imagebam.com/image/b09a97309341894 and http://www.imagebam.com/image/a0fb04309341889

Anyone can help?

Thanks!

If you cannot see the mask, then there might be a deeper problem.

Double check that when you click on the weights tab and select a weight you can see the weights.

If you can't see the sahdes of the weight paint, then chances are your running into one of those OpenGL problems.

If the problem happens with multiple outfits then I redact my statement and chances are something funky is going on with your install of Outfit Studio maybe.

Try a vanilla conversion, and if the same effect happens to you in game, then it could just be you need to try re-installing Outfit Studio. Or your overlooking a step (like making sure to highlight EVERY mesh on the mesh tab and doing copy selected weight onto it.)

Or you can just circumvent this all by just using gerra6's weight copy tool to copy the T/BBP weights over. I find his tool to be much better and more precise in copying weights anyway.

Hello! I could use some help with my conversion of TERA armors to TBBP... (as well as putting some zap sliders in there)

I, foolishly, did all 40 of them before actually doing proper playtesting - and, as you might expect, things went to hell when doing so. Simply put, the game CTD when I put on any of the armors I built.

I searched for problems for a while, and I think I've found why I get CTDs: The TBBP skeleton isn't transfered properly. Or rather, it is transfered to the armor pieces themselves, but the BaseShape doesn't contain the TBBP parts (Breast01, Butt).

When I look at an armor set in Outfit Studio, I can clearly see the weights on the armor meshes, but if I click the BaseShape and look at the body, neither Breast01 or Butt weights are shown. I've attached one of the armors I've "converted", so you can see for yourself.

What have I been doing wrong? I can provide more information, but I don't have a clue really myself what went wrong :/

BodySlide.7z

Alright, so neck seam is fixed, my skeleton's been moved over and the config file has been appropriately edited (Sincerely thank you, i'm an idiot on that one), but bodyslide/OS is still shrinking my character's breasts somehow. I got some screenshots in-game this time, perhaps they'll help? If not, i'll get some others as requested.

Before, without armor

attachicon.gif2014-03-20_00001.jpg

After, with converted armor

attachicon.gif2014-03-20_00002.jpg

If there's a bright side to what it's doing currently, it's that the in-game armor matches the Bodyslide preview now. Didn't do that before I swapped skeletons. :D

Are you using any mods or adjustments via Race Menu or the like to increase your breast size?  If everything else is correct, and you are using something like that, it could be that the weight painting for any of the four breast nodes is missing or different between the naked model and the armor.  The only other thing I can think of (and I'm not positive it would make a difference here), is that the Flags for the breast and breast01 nodes might not be set correctly in NifSkope.  I believe they need to be set to 6 (Hidden not checked, Collision Detection set to 'Continue', and Skin Influence checked).  Like I said though - not sure if that last one makes a difference.

Enhanced Character Edit isn't changing my character's breast size to the best of my knowledge, but I noticed there were some definite changes when I was toying with it, testing your idea. It may still be the issue though, so is there a mod that would allow me to edit my character's face, but won't try to grab hold of her skeleton?

Hello! I could use some help with my conversion of TERA armors to TBBP... (as well as putting some zap sliders in there)

I, foolishly, did all 40 of them before actually doing proper playtesting - and, as you might expect, things went to hell when doing so. Simply put, the game CTD when I put on any of the armors I built.

I searched for problems for a while, and I think I've found why I get CTDs: The TBBP skeleton isn't transfered properly. Or rather, it is transfered to the armor pieces themselves, but the BaseShape doesn't contain the TBBP parts (Breast01, Butt).

When I look at an armor set in Outfit Studio, I can clearly see the weights on the armor meshes, but if I click the BaseShape and look at the body, neither Breast01 or Butt weights are shown. I've attached one of the armors I've "converted", so you can see for yourself.

What have I been doing wrong? I can provide more information, but I don't have a clue really myself what went wrong :/

Just took a quick look at it through nifskope looked like everything was set correctly, except the body is indeed missing the TBBP specific weights.

Easy fix is to open up the nif in ShapeData and delete the body and load a TBBP reference body and import it into the outfit (see guide 3).

As for your ctd's, as I do not have a working skyrim install at the moment could not test that, but if the outfit is produced correctly in BodySlide and a working nif comes out - which it should, but if you doubt it, post the output .nif file here as an attachment so I can check it (Hint: Ctrl+click build outfit/body will place the .nif file inside the Bodyslide working directory)

Then the only problem may be game related, such as your not running a TBBP enabled skeleton or something else. (The outfit should work fine even without the body TBBP weighted, there will just be animation clipping issues).

Anyone can help?

Thanks!

If you cannot see the mask, then there might be a deeper problem.

Double check that when you click on the weights tab and select a weight you can see the weights.

If you can't see the sahdes of the weight paint, then chances are your running into one of those OpenGL problems.

If the problem happens with multiple outfits then I redact my statement and chances are something funky is going on with your install of Outfit Studio maybe.

Try a vanilla conversion, and if the same effect happens to you in game, then it could just be you need to try re-installing Outfit Studio. Or your overlooking a step (like making sure to highlight EVERY mesh on the mesh tab and doing copy selected weight onto it.)

Or you can just circumvent this all by just using gerra6's weight copy tool to copy the T/BBP weights over. I find his tool to be much better and more precise in copying weights anyway.

Well bro... i cant see the weights =/

Any idea how i can solve that? 

Many thanks! ^^

Many thanks! ^^

Your an unfortunate victim of the OpenGL version being too low :(

You can try posting your system specs (though I fear I know them already) and if I know of any I can tell you some workarounds.

But chances are you will ahve to wait for the program to update from Caliente to a newer version of OpenGL. (They already know about this issue and are working on it)

Alright, so neck seam is fixed, my skeleton's been moved over and the config file has been appropriately edited (Sincerely thank you, i'm an idiot on that one), but bodyslide/OS is still shrinking my character's breasts somehow. I got some screenshots in-game this time, perhaps they'll help? If not, i'll get some others as requested.

Before, without armor

If there's a bright side to what it's doing currently, it's that the in-game armor matches the Bodyslide preview now. Didn't do that before I swapped skeletons. :D

Are you using any mods or adjustments via Race Menu or the like to increase your breast size?  If everything else is correct, and you are using something like that, it could be that the weight painting for any of the four breast nodes is missing or different between the naked model and the armor.  The only other thing I can think of (and I'm not positive it would make a difference here), is that the Flags for the breast and breast01 nodes might not be set correctly in NifSkope.  I believe they need to be set to 6 (Hidden not checked, Collision Detection set to 'Continue', and Skin Influence checked).  Like I said though - not sure if that last one makes a difference.

Enhanced Character Edit isn't changing my character's breast size to the best of my knowledge, but I noticed there were some definite changes when I was toying with it, testing your idea. It may still be the issue though, so is there a mod that would allow me to edit my character's face, but won't try to grab hold of her skeleton?

I haven't used ECE myself, so I'm not sure what it does/doesn't allow you to edit.  There are mods out there though, which allow for residual (semi permanent) breast growth however, such as Estrus Charus.  If you are using something like that, it may be affecting the size of your breast node(s).  That isn't the main problem though, as that node should be able to expand both while naked and while  clothed.  The things to check are (and I'm assuming you are using a CBBE body and BodySlide here) 1) that the weight painting on your article of clothing/armor is identical to your body, which can be done in Outfit Studio, and 2) that the sliders and slider settings that you are using for the clothing/armor are identical to the body you are using (could your armor be someone missing a slider that your body is using?).  If both of those are items are true, the sizing should be identical for both meshes.

I know I got caught up with the second problem once when I tried a conversion in Outfit Studio.  I originally converted an outfit using the PSB body, which did not have SevenBase Thighs/Calves and then later created a preset using the HDT body.  When I batch created a few things, those leg settings never took because the sliders didn't exist for that particular armor.

Good luck!

Many thanks! ^^

Your an unfortunate victim of the OpenGL version being too low :(

You can try posting your system specs (though I fear I know them already) and if I know of any I can tell you some workarounds.

But chances are you will ahve to wait for the program to update from Caliente to a newer version of OpenGL. (They already know about this issue and are working on it)

Well, my video card is ATI RADEON 4850....

Anyway, thanks for the help bro! If your guides i can use bodyslide, it's just that question that bothers me ^^

Thanks again, and sorry the bad english! XD

Before, without armor

I haven't used ECE myself, so I'm not sure what it does/doesn't allow you to edit.  There are mods out there though, which allow for residual (semi permanent) breast growth however, such as Estrus Charus.  If you are using something like that, it may be affecting the size of your breast node(s).  That isn't the main problem though, as that node should be able to expand both while naked and while  clothed.  The things to check are (and I'm assuming you are using a CBBE body and BodySlide here) 1) that the weight painting on your article of clothing/armor is identical to your body, which can be done in Outfit Studio, and 2) that the sliders and slider settings that you are using for the clothing/armor are identical to the body you are using (could your armor be someone missing a slider that your body is using?).  If both of those are items are true, the sizing should be identical for both meshes.

I know I got caught up with the second problem once when I tried a conversion in Outfit Studio.  I originally converted an outfit using the PSB body, which did not have SevenBase Thighs/Calves and then later created a preset using the HDT body.  When I batch created a few things, those leg settings never took because the sliders didn't exist for that particular armor.

Good luck!

You're correct in your assumptions, and might be onto something here. I'm just now noticing i've lost the options of the CalienteAdvanced bodies in Bodyslide 2 under the outfit/body drop-down. I think i'll try reinstalling the whole program from the nexus, and go from there.

Update: Success! My character's breasts are filling the outfit as they should. Turns out it was partially due to me not checking the "Automatically copy reference shape into outfit" box (which I find strange because I follow Guide 1 here to a T and add the reference body over as is instructed). Unfortunately, my neck seam problem is back.

Hm. Curious tutorial. Just one question.

With Bodyslide2, (Outfit Studio) do  you still have to go through the process of building .BSD files? 

The old method of building .BSD files. (i.e. going through the process of first creating .OBJ files for each component of the armor mesh,

then using a REBOL Script to run 'Convert-BSD' to build the .BSD files, then waiting a long time).

Hated doing that, but it was the only method...

So no more REBOL script now?

Hm. Curious tutorial. Just one question.

With Bodyslide2, (Outfit Studio) do  you still have to go through the process of building .BSD files? 

Depends on what you mean.

The only time you explicitly make .BSD slider files is if your making a custom slider.

If you are making a Bodyslideable armor conversion, the program makes the .bsd slider files itself automatically when you save the project.

You can also just morph the outfit manually via Guide 3 without making any slider (.bsd) files.

Before, without armor

Good luck!

You're correct in your assumptions, and might be onto something here. I'm just now noticing i've lost the options of the CalienteAdvanced bodies in Bodyslide 2 under the outfit/body drop-down. I think i'll try reinstalling the whole program from the nexus, and go from there.

Update: Success! My character's breasts are filling the outfit as they should. Turns out it was partially due to me not checking the "Automatically copy reference shape into outfit" box (which I find strange because I follow Guide 1 here to a T and add the reference body over as is instructed). Unfortunately, my neck seam problem is back.

Awesome!  Glad to hear that one problem is down.  Regarding the neck seam, did you try playing around with that offset that I mentioned earlier?  If you did and it didn't work, there are a couple of other things to check, but they're a bit more of a pain to correct.  Those are:

1. Open the original outfit and your modified outfit in Nifskope
  2. On both the original and new mesh, open up NiNode >> NiTriShape >> NiTriShapeData and look for a property called 'Center'
  3. Make sure this is set to the same as the original for both the _0 and _1 weight bodies (be sure to check them individually, as I've found some meshes that use a different center for each weight)
  4. If number three is not the problem, or does not correct the problem, then you need to start checking the translation for each individual NPC... node.  For some reason, BodySlide sometimes messes with these (I'm pretty sure this is a known issue that is being worked on)
  5. If any of the translation numbers are off, you need to set them to the values of the original mesh (if anyone knows an easier/better way of fixing this, please share).  Once again, make sure to check _0 against _0 and _1 against _1.

Good luck!

Alright, I've been trying for days without success. 

Here's my problem:

I have an existing Bodyslide enabled armor mesh that uses CBBE.  I want to convert that to use a different body type, 'HDT'.

I'm using HDT.XML as a SliderSet template. Per  instructions/tutorial I removed the extraneous BaseShape that came over with the original outfit.

Now, with the BaseShape_outfit removed, the armor mesh is now way too big for the reference body mesh.

Tried to reshape/shrink/move the armor meshe using the 'Brush' tool but it's inadequate; it simply can't do the resizing & editing I need.

Is there a way around this?

[Edit] After some tries, adjusting the "sliders" doesn't seem to do it (seems to make it worse).

I really need to move the actual armor components, not move/change the body mesh

Surely there's some way to export from OS, make the needed changes in 3dsMax/Blender, then reimport the  file?

Guide 1 goes over a better way of refitting an armor mesh without the use of manually using heavy amounts of brush strokes.

However, I don't see how an outfit conformed for CBBE should be any different for one of the HDT bodies, HDT body = CBBE at least when I built it I used the same cbbe advanced TBBP reference body, so the sizes and everything should line up perfectly.

Just took a quick look at it through nifskope looked like everything was set correctly, except the body is indeed missing the TBBP specific weights.

Easy fix is to open up the nif in ShapeData and delete the body and load a TBBP reference body and import it into the outfit (see guide 3).

As for your ctd's, as I do not have a working skyrim install at the moment could not test that, but if the outfit is produced correctly in BodySlide and a working nif comes out - which it should, but if you doubt it, post the output .nif file here as an attachment so I can check it (Hint: Ctrl+click build outfit/body will place the .nif file inside the Bodyslide working directory)

Then the only problem may be game related, such as your not running a TBBP enabled skeleton or something else. (The outfit should work fine even without the body TBBP weighted, there will just be animation clipping issues).

Alright, sorry for the long delay - a few events IRL kept me from trying again for a while.

Anyway, I followed your Guide 3, and it... doesn't seem to work for some reason. Whenever I make a dublicate of the TBBP body which I can see is TBBP-weighted, the dublicate isn't; it gets all other weights except the TBBP specific ones. How could this happen?

Also, I am running with the XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended, and all other TBBP stuff is working as intended. The crashes happens, again, as soon as I equip the armor in game - which, agreed, normally happens when the skeleton doesn't support the mesh.

Either way, the meshes for one of the armors, Arcadia Hauberk, is attached, if anyone wants to give it a go. (it should just be drag-drop into Skyrim for testing - as long as you have the CBBE TERA Armor Collection mod installed)

EDIT: God damn, forgot to attach it would seem xD

EDIT2: Another very interesting thing... Whenever I try to export anything from Outfit Studio (that is, not using "Save as" but rather "Export Nif" or "Export Shape") I get the normal browser to select where to save, but after I've typed in a name and press save, an error message shows up, saying:

<Name> (The name I try to save the file as)

There are no more files. (Swedish: "Det finns inga fler filer.")

I can only press OK, and nothing happens. Has anyone else gotten this?

meshes.7z