[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

I do select only the bones for TBBP, but I also select the belly bone as well, could that be what is causing the issue? I also have been making sure to "copy selected weights".

It could be some terribly horrendous weighting on the outfit which when you copy over the new weights over to the outfit it goes past the 4 weights per vertex limit or something. Though I think that results in a CTD.

Some options for ya:

1. Copy weights over using Gerra6's mesh rigger

2. Post in the tech help forum with the original nif and the after nif so someone could check it out and compare them.

I'd do it myself but I really don't have the time, got my own mods to deal with xD

How might I get a hold of Gerra6's mesh rigger? I've never heard of it before.

"I'd do it myself but I really don't have the time, got my own mods to deal with xD"

Completely understand.

I don't get why some meshes just work, and others just don't.. I mean I manged to convert an Orcish armor replacer that I REALLY like successfully with TBBP enabled and very minor clipping issues; I managed to successfully convert Aradia's bondage style leather armor (I know, Aradia has done a few armors like that) to a custom CBBE body with TBBP successfully, but when I try the vanilla vampire robes it fucks up.. as Septimus Sigmus put it "maddening".

Orcish armor replacer

post-145287-0-36041800-1398286507_thumb.jpg

Was wondering how I would make armours my body size, for instance my character has very small breasts using the cbbe body, but all of my cbbe armour mods have larger bodies than my character, I was wondering how I would make them all fit on my character. 

Was wondering how I would make armours my body size, for instance my character has very small breasts using the cbbe body, but all of my cbbe armour mods have larger bodies than my character, I was wondering how I would make them all fit on my character. 

Why don't you read the guide? That is what it tells you how to do.

Yes, the guide at the beginning of this thread does tell you how to resize any armor to fit your particular bodystyle, whatever that may be. It does take some time to get used to all the settings & using the brushes & whatnot, so don't expect instant results. I've tried a few times to resize things, some work better than others.

Mega Reply incoming xD:

OS has no official glove/boots supports. It was simply meant for torso armour.

I'm sure there could be a way/method to make it work for boots/gloves as well, but that's not something I'm working on right now xD.

I thought as much - thanks for the response.

And thanks for this tool - it's really helped me customise meshes despite have very little experience in the field.

I've noticed yet another issue with the reference template; "convert: cbbe to sevenbase"

When you use the "convert: cbbe to sevenbase" reference, the sevenbase shape is little bit higher than it should be? Naturally the armors being converted moves along with the shape.

The problem ain't so bad when you're converting chest pieces or gloves, but when you're converting the boots, that's where the problem is noticeable. Because the 7B shape in the "convert: cbbe to 7B" reference is a little bit higher, the boots are being stretched. Surely that stretching can be prevented by masking the vertices, but on some more detailed boots that creates just a mess.

I'm not sure if this is intended, but it's just plainly annoying.

So, is there a way to modify that reference template, so that it doesn't move the 7B shape any higher? I already tried to move the body shape in the CalienteBody7BShape.nif file itself down to where it should be, but that doesn't chance a thing.

I usually just ignore this problem, by moving the vertices down to their proper place, X = 0   Y = 0   Z = -0.4 to be exact, but when you're working on with the boots that are more detailed, it just doesn't look good. So I'm hoping that there is a way to "fix" the root of the problem once and for all.

edit: Yet another question, is there a way to chance the height of the body shape in the OS? I've come across with quite a few armors, that were made for shorter body shapes, thus converting them is pain in the ass.

So is there a way to make an working slider or even new conversion reference, that you can just chance the height with push of a button, so that you don't have to use the masking tool and "Move Vertices" option for each and every meshes?

I attached one .nif file, which has such an shorter body shape.

UNPB:

Top_1.nif

I've noticed yet another issue with the reference template; "convert: cbbe to sevenbase"

When you use the "convert: cbbe to sevenbase" reference, the sevenbase shape is little bit higher than it should be? Naturally the armors being converted moves along with the shape.

The problem ain't so bad when you're converting chest pieces or gloves, but when you're converting the boots, that's where the problem is noticeable. Because the 7B shape in the "convert: cbbe to 7B" reference is a little bit higher, the boots are being stretched. Surely that stretching can be prevented by masking the vertices, but on some more detailed boots that creates just a mess.

I'm not sure if this is intended, but it's just plainly annoying.

So, is there a way to modify that reference template, so that it doesn't move the 7B shape any higher? I already tried to move the body shape in the CalienteBody7BShape.nif file itself down to where it should be, but that doesn't chance a thing.

I usually just ignore this problem, by moving the vertices down to their proper place, X = 0   Y = 0   Z = -0.4 to be exact, but when you're working on with the boots that are more detailed, it just doesn't look good. So I'm hoping that there is a way to "fix" the root of the problem once and for all.

edit: Yet another question, is there a way to chance the height of the body shape in the OS? I've come across with quite a few armors, that were made for shorter body shapes, thus converting them is pain in the ass.

So is there a way to make an working slider or even new conversion reference, that you can just chance the height with push of a button, so that you don't have to use the masking tool and "Move Vertices" option for each and every meshes?

UNPB:

attachicon.gifTop_1.nif

Those could all be feature requests :)

But no, OS is not meant to replace a proper 3d modelling program. At least not yet anyway.

*snip*

UNPB:

attachicon.gifTop_1.nif

Those could all be feature requests :)

But no, OS is not meant to replace a proper 3d modelling program. At least not yet anyway.

What about nifskope's scaling tool? It works good and not much of 3d-editing skills are needed.

When i make a convertion to cbbe advanced, the armor looks good when you're static, but when you're walking, and the chest of the body(bbp) it's moving (i've installed feminine walking, ), you can see your boobs through the armor. It's like the armor remain still in the chest, while the boobs moves normally from one side to another.

What i'm doing wrong? The rest of the armor works fine.

When i make a convertion to cbbe advanced, the armor looks good when you're static, but when you're walking, and the chest of the body(bbp) it's moving (i've installed feminine walking, ), you can see your boobs through the armor. It's like the armor remain still in the chest, while the boobs moves normally from one side to another.

What i'm doing wrong? The rest of the armor works fine.

Read the FAQ

How might I get a hold of Gerra6's mesh rigger? I've never heard of it before.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/24797-mesh-rigger-skyrim-fallout-oblivion-beta46-3-23-2014/

Amzing modder, and amazing tool.

Copies weights much more precisely than OS currently does.

Thank you

I'll let you know if this makes any difference.. I hope it does.

I finally got around to tinkering with Outfit Studio again, and I learned some things. I converted the Scarlet Dawn armor to a custom CBBE body of mine, and FINALLY figured out what I was doing wrong with HDT physics; I was copying not just the weights but creating a new body mesh as well, in addition to that I was also not copying the weights to the body mesh AND the armor mesh(es). I wasn't aware that you only needed the "Base Shape" body for the HDT weights and not the mesh its self.. WUPS!..

Another thing I've learned through my tinkering is that if you are having clipping issues in the armor with the butt, breasts, arms, or thighs even though you have already adjusted those areas to fit properly to the body or "Base Shape", it is a good idea to copy not just the weights needed for TBBP but also the weights for the corresponding areas that are clipping through the armor; doing that solved the clipping issues I was having for the most part, HOWEVER, Outfit Studio is apparently, like you said, not the most accurate when it comes to copying weights because I started having weird issues where, whenever my character was crouched the thighs would suddenly develop two fin like protrusions, meaning the weights from either thigh must have been pulling on those parts.

Now I guess I'll need to see what I can do with the tool you gave me the link to.. once I learn how to use it. :P

I found something interesting looking at the mesh you gave me in nifskope.

Screenshot_1_zps387ca3b9.png

it looks like NiNode 16 NPC R ForearmTwist2 (the node that is potentialy causeing the error im seeing ingame) is labeled _outfit[14]  at the end while the other nodes do not say outfit.  could you possibly had somekind of overwrite issue with the mesh being called NPC R ForearmTwist2 and it affecting the node or somthing?

I found something interesting looking at the mesh you gave me in nifskope.

Screenshot_1_zps387ca3b9.png

it looks like NiNode 16 NPC R ForearmTwist2 (the node that is potentialy causeing the error im seeing ingame) is labeled _outfit[14]  at the end while the other nodes do not say outfit.  could you possibly had somekind of overwrite issue with the mesh being called NPC R ForearmTwist2 and it affecting the node or somthing?

lol that does sound like a problem.

No idea how that happened or how to fix it really (try renaming it?)

i must have had the mesh named that npc rightarmtwist or something or it got saved as that when you were doin your thing with outfit studio so its like file insception and its trying to base a node on a outfit or something lol.  i bet if you work your magic one more time it will work if u keep an eye out for the file name :P plz and ty :D

just reread what ya wrote, i have add.  yeah i tryed to rename it but it will only let me change the last two numbers at the end.

what i wanted to do was to copy paste a good node from the origonal 100% weight (dono if this is a good idea) but when it would paste over it would change its name to a preexcisting node on the 60% armor based on what the last 2 numbers where on the 100% weight node.  so basically and node name changeing would reasign the nodes

i must have had the mesh named that npc rightarmtwist or something or it got saved as that when you were doin your thing with outfit studio so its like file insception and its trying to base a node on a outfit or something lol.  i bet if you work your magic one more time it will work if u keep an eye out for the file name :P plz and ty :D

Mind asking me again in a few days?

Right now really busy with projects sorry :(

Just pm me back in like 3-4 days hopefully more freetime then to come back to this.

Hey mang. So I read your tut again on how to make the 60% body and it worked this time yay :) also I changed the name of the node before working with the nif in studio so that fixed the arm issue woot. I'm looking through the rest of your tuts and I'm trying to see if you have a tut on how to make all the nifty breast and butt sliders work with my base body shape. Is this possible? Can I do it in outfit studio? I'm starting to be more familure with the studio. Anyways I'm digging your new profile pic :)

Hey mang. So I read your tut again on how to make the 60% body and it worked this time yay :) also I changed the name of the node before working with the nif in studio so that fixed the arm issue woot. I'm looking through the rest of your tuts and I'm trying to see if you have a tut on how to make all the nifty breast and butt sliders work with my base body shape. Is this possible? Can I do it in outfit studio? I'm starting to be more familure with the studio. Anyways I'm digging your new profile pic :)

Haha sweet, glad you were able to get that to work out :)

I still gotta make a proper pic guide for that, your not the only one who's asked me something similar to that lol

As for making sliders compatible...

Here's the really shitty quality way of doing them:

1. Load CBBE Advanced/HDT body Advanced as reference body

2. Load your body as outfit

3. Conform All

4. Test and check sliders, a lot of them will be somewhat messed up and will require manual work.

I warn you though, this will work well for some half decent sliders, but upon closer inspections it'll be hard to get the same quality as original slider morphs.

The proper way for transferring sliders is a long and arduous task which you can see over on my citrus project thread. It's ridiculously time consuming :(