it wouldnt be hard to include an armbinder-less version of hardcore

Yeah as much i like the armbinder that would probably be the best temporal solution till somebody comes up with an animation or another genius idea to implement it better into submit.

Maybe the same for the DD-Gags too till there is some kind of dialogue escape mechanism. Currently either you set the threshhold in Devious Devices MCM low enough to eventually remove the gag or you'll run around gagged forever, complicating the game in a too weird way with no talking ever again.

But i'm optimistic sooner or later they can be implemented in a good way :)

unfortunately the armbinder behind back animation overwrites any other animation i try to play -- the reason armbinder releases you immediately is to avoid all sorts of bad stuff that happened when the two animations tried to overwrite each other.

Warning, total noob question:

Could you maybe just copy the escape script from Submit, but play the armbinder struggle animation?

So first you would have to get free in the classic submit way and would be unable to move, and once you got free you are allowed to move but still have to get the armbinder off the way it was meant in Devious Devices?

the locked gags put a key on a nearby npc, so just go get the key

Sorry to be such a pain, but since i play with the submit setting that all my gear gets stolen i usually can't get immediate revenge on my captors, but have to get at least some basic equipment again first. So normally i need at least 2-3 ingame days to get going again, some food for RND, frostfall gear and of course basic equipment. But without the ability to talk getting the money is nearly impossible, and thus the gag can become a vicious circle.

Ok, i could try to kill my former key holding captor with magic, but that would feel extremely unimmersive for a non-magechar.

Most Recent Changes
05JAN14 2330

• Added - Soft Dependency on ZaZ Animation pack to substitute the kneeling animation after you surrender and the bandits are done with you.  It *should* play the sideways hogtie and the sideways hogtie struggle on attempts.
  • Fixed - Now clears all associated Aliases if you decide to let victim/bounty go.
  • Updated - Added the ability to attempt to free your wrists in hardcore.  Once the grace period has expired (Or you end it early by looting stuff), push the hotkey to attempt to free your wrists.  The success chance is 1/10th of the original one to get free.  Original plan was to require you to loot a weapon first, but had trouble getting that part working.  I'm not totally satisfied with this section, but it at least does what it was intended.

I couldn't find what I wanted regarding Brawling, and pretty much feel like I wasted almost my entire weekend on futility with this.  Probably won't be doing much with the mod for a bit.

why not punch a random bandit and steal his iron stuff or loot a previous enemy and use that to kill the guy that killed you? unless you submitted to the first enemy in the entire zone?

Yeah I have the option set for Submit to take my gear, though I haven't been using hardcore mode as it was a bit much (I will turn it on now that there's a way to escape). Usually there is another enemy somewhere nearby whose weapon I can take, so getting revenge isn't really that difficult even with my self-imposed rule that my character can't dress if the 'wait' feature is disabled due to enemies nearby. At least I'm more stealthy naked ^_^

I have a suggestion for an additional version.

Could you remove the armbinder, chastity bra and chastity belt + plugs and add the DD Panel Gag?

Reason:

I like the armbinder, but it conflicts with the new Sexlab Submit content. (hogtie + hardcore mode) Maybe readding it later.

The Chastity Belt doesn't really make sense to me in this particular setting. Why should some bandits lock a chastity belt on you and thereby denying themselves access to your intimate parts? ^^ It also severely restricts the possible amount of Sex Animations making the experience a bit monotonous. Even more so if the pc is wearing a DD Ball/Panel Gag.

Chastity Bra: I just don't like that item. It's bulky, seems to be purely/mainly aesthetic (at least in this setting) and hides those beautifully HDT enabled breasts the girls have. Especially the last one is something I just can't agree with! :angel:

DD Panel Gag: Although it's not really my favourite gag, I always felt like that one was missing here. Perhaps even remove the unlocked Zaz gags, as they currently are purely aesthetic. And with the upcoming gag dialog tree for the DD gags, they might be not as restrictive as they used to be. Though I hope und support them to stay rather restrictive. At least, blocking conversation is what they're made for.

The chastity belts are pretty much the centerpieces of the Devious Device mods. People like them *because* they are restrictive, and also of course because they tease and arouse your character without giving her release.

I personally agree on the chastity bra though... it's kinda ugly and doesn't seem to even do anything.

I actually quite like the armbinder. Although it bypasses the escape, it adds a little variety and it's pretty rare.

As far as the belt goes, if you want it not to impede animations, you could toggle strip on that slot for aggressive animations in SexLab. Think of it like the attacker simply using brute force since they're not worried about pain caused.

unfortunately the armbinder behind back animation overwrites any other animation i try to play -- the reason armbinder releases you immediately is to avoid all sorts of bad stuff that happened when the two animations tried to overwrite each other.

Yes, unfortunately this is the one big problem with using the armbinder right now. I wish Skyrim had animation blending like SL has. But without that, I think the DD guys need to consider adding in 'fake' arms that don't animate to their armbinder (a whole upper body replacement really) so no matter what animation is playing, the arms look right. This would be a lot more compatible with other mods than trying to constantly play a 'arms behind' standing animation.

Make fake arms that look right, and I'd be happy to include them. I'm not a modeler/animator.

To my knowledge, this wouldn't be possible (You wouldn't have your proper body type's arms). Though again, not a modeler.

Well, yes, that's the major drawback, it would have to be done for each body type. As right now you guys have support for only CBBE and UNP, only two versions have to be supported. But As you possibly increase for more body types it could get more complicated. (though now that Bodyslide 2 is out, maybe not).

I would do it, but two things stand in my way:

1) I'd need 3DS Max which I don't have (I do all my work in Blender).

2) The pay rate here isn't the best. :)  (in SL I get paid quite well)

But definitely, it could be done. Just giving my suggestion.

EDIT: After thinking about it a little more, there is one issue. It would preclude wearing the armbinder with other body replacer meshes (cuirass armors, etc) as the body replacement would take the place of the existing body replacement. So it's not the cleanest solution either.  I guess that's what happens when you push things to their limits. :)

I have a suggestion for an additional version.

Could you remove the armbinder, chastity bra and chastity belt + plugs and add the DD Panel Gag?

Reason:

I like the armbinder, but it conflicts with the new Sexlab Submit content. (hogtie + hardcore mode) Maybe readding it later.

The Chastity Belt doesn't really make sense to me in this particular setting. Why should some bandits lock a chastity belt on you and thereby denying themselves access to your intimate parts? ^^ It also severely restricts the possible amount of Sex Animations making the experience a bit monotonous. Even more so if the pc is wearing a DD Ball/Panel Gag.

Chastity Bra: I just don't like that item. It's bulky, seems to be purely/mainly aesthetic (at least in this setting) and hides those beautifully HDT enabled breasts the girls have. Especially the last one is something I just can't agree with! :angel:

DD Panel Gag: Although it's not really my favourite gag, I always felt like that one was missing here. Perhaps even remove the unlocked Zaz gags, as they currently are purely aesthetic. And with the upcoming gag dialog tree for the DD gags, they might be not as restrictive as they used to be. Though I hope und support them to stay rather restrictive. At least, blocking conversation is what they're made for.

I agree with this on the belt part. The way I see it, bandits would be putting a belt on a woman to claim them as a slave, making it so they are the only ones able to fuck the slave. She is unable to masturbate either, and is dependent on them for release. This might be too complicated to implement, but my ideal functionality would be that if this group of bandits is the one who put the belt on the PC, they should have the key and be able to take it off before fucking her. When they're done, the belt goes back on. If the PC already had a belt on from somewhere else, the bandits should try whatever methods they can to remove it from her so they can fuck her. What good is a toy they can't use, after all? When they're done fucking the PC, they might put their own belt that they have a key for on her. 

I haven't played with the devious devices mods enough to know exactly how the key system works. I'm not sure this idea is feasible, with each group of bandits having their own sets of chastity belts/keys. Just throwing the idea out there, though.

Personally, I like the chastity bra, but that's just me. That could be an option too, though.

Yeah I think it would be cool if there was a bit more leeway in removing the belts... the bandits who put it on should be able to remove it.

I also really like the idea that others might try to take the belt off, with varying levels of success... they might get it off or not, and might do health damage to the player in their attempts (as in you'd get a 'wounded' effect that gave you a penalty to max health for X number of hours).

That'd be pretty sweet ^_^

@ cjbusta, yup, thats how it should ideally work, bandits put the belt on, they take it off when they require your services, and then they will put it back on when they are done.

But i think that's easier said than done at this moment in time, as i'm not sure the DD-Integration mod has functions for this that could just be called. Atleast, not yet.

Um, it's probably been answered, but I'm having problems with the armbinders... The arms pop out when sex happens but the hands they put... So it looks weird, any idea why?

should put that question over in the integration topic --- and include a log if possible!

No need: The answer is that due to a lack of animations, worn Armbinders aren't supported during sex: Set Sexlab to strip the Hands slot for your character, to ensure that they are unequipped for the duration of the sex act.