Mesh Rigger (Skyrim, Fallout, Oblivion) Beta.89.f (10-26-2014)

('select_meshes', False)
('v_index', False)
('template_s', 'Mesh Rigger/')
('skin', 'All Materials')
('delete_partitions', False)
('Tool', 'MESHRIGGER')
('destination', 'C:/Users/fudgestix/Desktop/MR/Tools RC_89.e/Tools RC_89_e/Mesh Rigger/output')
('flatten_skin', False)
('select_bones', True)
('delete_weights', False)
('Game', 'Auto')
('version', 'b_90')
('template', '{J:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Skyrim/Data/meshes/actors/character/character assets/femalebody_0.nif}')
('override', True)
('update_version', 0)
('Distance', 20.0)
('skeleton_links', 0)
('uv_search', True)
('delete_rigging', False)
('name', 'MeshRigger_Options')
('subfolder', 0)
('gender', 'Both')
('replace_weights', True)
('target', '{J:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Skyrim/Data/meshes/female/bikini_light/bikini_light_body_0.nif}')
('Targets', 1)
('bone', True)
('copy_havok', False)
{J:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Skyrim/Data/meshes/actors/character/character assets/femalebody_0.nif}
morph_key 0
dirpath {J:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Skyrim/Data/meshes/actors/character/character assets/femalebody_0.nif}
Checking Directory Path for Nifs and Tri files
init bones
initializing bones
**********Bones Initialized**********
initializing meshes
b'BaseShape{}2{}' : Initializing Vertices
b'BaseShape{}2{}' : Vertex Initialization Complete
b'BaseShape{}2{}' : Initializing Skin
b'BaseShape{}2{}' : *Initializing Skin Bone Transforms
b'BaseShape{}2{}' : *Calculating world Coordinates
b'BaseShape{}2{}' : Recalculating Normals
initializing faces
b'BaseShape{}2{}' : Recalculating Normals
nmv True
seams True
b'BaseShape{}2{}' : Normal Vector Calculation Complete
Initializing Seams
b'BaseShape{}2{}': Neck Seam Identified
b'BaseShape{}2{}': Left Foot Seam Identified
b'BaseShape{}2{}': Right Foot Seam Identified
b'BaseShape{}2{}': Left Hand Seam Identified
b'BaseShape{}2{}': Right Hand Seam Identified
nmv True
seams True
b'BaseShape{}2{}' : Normal Vector Calculation Complete
b'BaseShape{}2{}' : Skin Initialization Complete
Building Vertex Dictionary
initializing faces
Initializing Seams
b'BaseShape{}2{}': Neck Seam Identified
b'BaseShape{}2{}': Left Foot Seam Identified
b'BaseShape{}2{}': Right Foot Seam Identified
b'BaseShape{}2{}': Left Hand Seam Identified
b'BaseShape{}2{}': Right Hand Seam Identified
**********Meshes Initialized**********
[<kg.mesh_util.mesh object at 0x0BA6BE90>]
Selected Bones
b'NPC L Calf [LClf]'
b'NPC L Clavicle [LClv]'
b'NPC L Forearm [LLar]'
b'NPC L ForearmTwist1 [LLt1]'
b'NPC L ForearmTwist2 [LLt2]'
b'NPC L Thigh [LThg]'
b'NPC L UpperArm [LUar]'
b'NPC L UpperarmTwist1 [LUt1]'
b'NPC L UpperarmTwist2 [LUt2]'
b'NPC Pelvis [Pelv]'
b'NPC R Calf [RClf]'
b'NPC R Clavicle [RClv]'
b'NPC R Forearm [RLar]'
b'NPC R ForearmTwist1 [RLt1]'
b'NPC R ForearmTwist2 [RLt2]'
b'NPC R Thigh [RThg]'
b'NPC R UpperArm [RUar]'
b'NPC R UpperarmTwist1 [RUt1]'
b'NPC R UpperarmTwist2 [RUt2]'
b'NPC Spine [Spn0]'
b'NPC Spine1 [Spn1]'
b'NPC Spine2 [Spn2]'
b'Scene Root'
Building Vertex Dictionary
c_s['target'] {J:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Skyrim/Data/meshes/female/bikini_light/bikini_light_body_0.nif}
dirpath {J:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Skyrim/Data/meshes/female/bikini_light/bikini_light_body_0.nif}
Checking Directory Path for Nifs and Tri files
morph_key 0
nif_list ['J:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam\\SteamApps\\common\\Skyrim\\Data\\meshes\\female\\bikini_light\\bikini_light_body_0.nif']
morph_set []
Processing: J:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\meshes\female\bikini_light\bikini_light_body_0.nif
Morph Nif: None
init bones
initializing bones
init_nif True
**********Bones Initialized**********
initializing meshes
**********Meshes Initialized**********
0 vertices modified. File not Saved
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "PythonPortable\App\Scripts\kgtools\mesh_rigger.py", line 343, in <module>
input('\nWork done, press enter to close.')
AttributeError: 'Logger' object has no attribute 'errors'

I don't know if the directories for some of them are supposed to have the double slash.. but it appears nothing is being modified.

It shows you why with the last line **AttributeError: 'Logger' object has no attribute 'errors'**

There must be something wrong somewhere in the mesh that is causing that error to pop up.

Maybe try loading the nif into nifskope if you can and click the mesh then export it in .OBJ format this will remove all skinning and what not that is on the item. Next load it into whatever 3d tool you are using and scale it down to the correct size export the new mesh out and redo the texture paths and try to run it through mesh rigger again.

But what settings? There is a search distance, how can it fix a whole UV map ?

attachicon.gifUV 2.jpg here "copy skin only" and "search distance 100" Yes that's a upper and lower body :D

You're right - I envisioned synching UV maps of two meshes, not repairing an entire map. There are a lot of good tools here, but not that one.

But what settings? There is a search distance, how can it fix a whole UV map ?

attachicon.gifUV 2.jpg here "copy skin only" and "search distance 100" Yes that's a upper and lower body :D

I think that 100 is an exagerated value for search distance, that's why you got those odd results. Default is ten or something like that if I remember correctly. PM me the meshes, I should be able to fix the seam using Blender. Or you can learn to do it yourself, as explained in this useful post (jump directely to post #5 as it contains detailed step by step instructions).

There could be a flaw somewhere in the to or from file. I have had some nasty looking bodies before running them through these tools. Both in oblivion and skyrim. Some of the old bodies from one of the older set body mods has some flaws in them. One that I can remember off of the top of my head is one of the LAB bodies from one of the old set body mods.

i downloaded this for the mesh rigger , as i work on head editing only (femalehead.nif)

i used to copy and paste bsdismemberskin modifier and skin in 3d max from the vanilla to the 3d head that i want (same vetrices count /order) 

so i searched about this and it lead me to here , so can i copy the bones (bsdismemberskin modifier and skin) from a nif to another nif through this tool ?

am working on Citrus head so i want to copy its bones

i downloaded this for the mesh rigger , as i work on head editing only (femalehead.nif)

i used to copy and paste bsdismemberskin modifier and skin in 3d max from the vanilla to the 3d head that i want (same vetrices count /order) 

so i searched about this and it lead me to here , so can i copy the bones (bsdismemberskin modifier and skin) from a nif to another nif through this tool ?

am working on Citrus head so i want to copy its bones

Yes, copying bones is what this tool does. Good luck with it.

• 1 month later...

In this post, gerra6 says the following regarding use on skirts:

gerra6

The current iteration of Mesh Rigger can handle skirts reasonably well, although you have to be a bit careful with the settings (long search distance, override distance, high number of vertex targets)

For reference, how long should the search distance be and how high the vertex targets?

When saying longer or higher, I have no idea by how much.

gerra6

The current iteration of Mesh Rigger can handle skirts reasonably well, although you have to be a bit careful with the settings (long search distance, override distance, high number of vertex targets)

For reference, how long should the search distance be and how high the vertex targets?

I use the defaults of 20.0 and 1 and haven't had any problems.

gerra6

For skirts? What are you using as the source mesh for the weights?

For skirts? What are you using as the source mesh for the weights?

Usually a similar skirt with the needed bones. Or similar dress.

Any examples? There aren't that many skirt meshes out there right? So it's possible the ones you've used will work for my case.

I just wanted to ask some of the experienced people around here about the Mesh Rigger.

The problem is that the resulting meshes still have some clipping and I don't know if it is because I did something wrong or because that is the best that it can be ??

Here is what I did: I Noticed some clipping near the butt in some clothes because I use an HDT body ... so decided to use mesh rigger to fix that .. So I opened Mesh rigger and loaded the reference both my body nifs the _0 and _1 ... and did't change any of the default values in the program then afterwards chose the butt bone for weight copying ... and left it to rig my clothes .  So the resulting nifs had less clipping but still there was a considerable amount of clipping in the butt area ... is that normal or can I do the rigging in a better way ?

I just wanted to ask some of the experienced people around here about the Mesh Rigger.

The problem is that the resulting meshes still have some clipping and I don't know if it is because I did something wrong or because that is the best that it can be ??

Here is what I did: I Noticed some clipping near the butt in some clothes because I use an HDT body ... so decided to use mesh rigger to fix that .. So I opened Mesh rigger and loaded the reference both my body nifs the _0 and _1 ... and did't change any of the default values in the program then afterwards chose the butt bone for weight copying ... and left it to rig my clothes .  So the resulting nifs had less clipping but still there was a considerable amount of clipping in the butt area ... is that normal or can I do the rigging in a better way ?

I usually fix clipping in the Clothing Converter, using the custom option and adding padding to the areas that are clipping. When that's not an option, then for me it's pretty much trial and error. I usually produce something that works, but some meshes just clip horribly, especially with certain animations. Those I either abandon or live with the clipping.

@Amrovich

For skyrim stuff that is clipping if mesh rigger doesn't remove the clipping you could try using outfit studio's increase mesh volume option to increase the mesh in areas that are clipping or decrease the mesh volume of the body where the clipping is happening to try to remove the clipping. You would only have to do it to 1 nif and then redo it to have both _0 and _1 files again. The other option is to look at the spots that are clipping and then use outfit studios to zap out the body in the areas where the clipping is occurring just make sure that the areas are covered by cloth or you will get a holey body if any spots are not covered by clothing.

So just take say the _0 file and modify it with one of the 2 options listed above export the new version out and remake the _1 file.