Mesh Rigger (Skyrim, Fallout, Oblivion) Beta.89.f (10-26-2014)

How are you supposed to use this with New Vegas? I try to mesh rig a custom vanilla outfit to add BNB to it, and the end result is an outfit with missing breasts, which imo is pretty ironic. I've been fiddling around with the settings for hours trying to get it to work, to various degrees (at one point the lower body got all twisted up like a twissler).

I've tested it out on another outfit, and that one worked fine for some reason.

Gy2B1X8.png

• 1 month later...

Hi I'm using the tool for the first time and was wondering how long it should take to rig a single mesh. It seems to be stuck on "searching for targets" for the last ten minutes or so.

Normally MR completes its task in a few minutes (depending on the complexity of the mesh) and the console message keep you informed about the progress. If you're stuck, clearly something is messed up. Could be anything, from a wrong Python installation to a misuse of the tool. Your chances to get help would certainly increase if you provided more informations (OS and Python version, game, logfiles etc.)

@shoe18 

How big is the nif file? The bigger the nif the longer it'll take. High poly will take a long time to do and at times will cause the tool to run out of memory and crash.

It is is a bigger file break the nif down into smaller parts. Make copies and delete out x amount of parts from one then x amount from the next one and keep doing that till you have the whole nif broken up. Run it them through and after it is done transfer the parts back into 1 nif.

@ Vortec - gerra6 hasn't been around for quite some time now. And their KGTools website has also been down, so no I don't think there is a new version or new work being done on this any more.

With that said try going back through your set up. There have been many a post on crash issues and often it is setting up your environment to use the tools.

@Vortec

When one of the tools crash go to the save folder and look for either mesh_rigger.log for mesh rigger and convert_clothing.log clothing converter log and open them and go to the last thing and see what it listed as the cause for the crash. 

One of the main reasons for a crash is wrong gender selected. Which can be caused by a few different things. No body in the armor no textures on the body.

@varenne

The main post of the thread has the last up to date file listed there as it was updated by Greg when the downloads on the KGTools site stopped working.

@varenne

The main post of the thread has the last up to date file listed there as it was updated by Greg when the downloads on the KGTools site stopped working.

Good call on the log files I forgot gerra6 included those.

And yup, I recall gregathit doing it when that occurred. Thanks for re-posting that information anew, so others here trying to use know it too! ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

can someone help me out here please, i like to learn how to do this ><

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/26432/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Foblivion%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D26432%26preview%3D&pUp=1

i have this outfit and i like the morphs to be added from daedric i got a screen shot

or am i using the wrong one ? since its like a robe , doesn't have pants haha post-234591-0-38997700-1489611351_thumb.png

after talking with myu and fejeena i think its best i let someone that knows what there doing do this.

post-234591-0-07699200-1489609497_thumb.png

Nightshad, can you be more specific? What changes do you want to make to that outfit?

add in pregnant support for it :o it goes so well with my WitchHunter :o also silly question is it possible to make her hood be able to use the hair i pick for her >< cause i love the cloak but cant stand the hair it comes with

Nightshad, can you be more specific? What changes do you want to make to that outfit?

add in pregnant support for it :o it goes so well with my WitchHunter :o also silly question is it possible to make her hood be able to use the hair i pick for her >< cause i love the cloak but cant stand the hair it comes with

I'll see what I can do, but it might take a few days.

I'll see what I can do, but it might take a few days.

*smiles big* alrighty ^^ i can wait ^^

@nightshad

You need to untick *both* you are working with female armor and body. Both is only used if you are working with both male and female. With both ticked you'll get a gender incorrect error and mesh rigger will then close. I also put check marks on the ones that should be pushed and crossed off the one that can't be/shouldn't be turned on.

post-25667-0-75415000-1489692587_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Just because there might be 1500 people online it doesn't mean any might be in the thread. I have usually never had a problem with using mesh rigger with fallout 3 and NV meshes unless the body mesh is flawed then it might make it do the funky monkey.

If I'm not mistaken I think sometimes the meatcaps can cause problems as well I think I remember having to delete them out and then pasting them back in later. Awhile back I messed around with the type 3BG body I can't remember if I used a oblivion or a skyrim body as a template body when I ran it through the clothing it was awhile ago. But it came out fairly good and then I ran it through mesh rigger to add breast nodes. Not sure if I had to remove the meatcaps and replace them or not.

post-25667-0-19499600-1491023614_thumb.pngpost-25667-0-62565100-1491023624_thumb.pngpost-25667-0-81637800-1491023634_thumb.pngpost-25667-0-01126400-1491023670_thumb.png

Alice body that I just ran through mesh rigger with no problems I added breast nodes to the body.

post-25667-0-81310000-1491023802_thumb.png

Settings used.

post-25667-0-32025900-1491023918_thumb.png

I'll give it a shot, thanks.
I think the "select bones" dialogue asks for a lot of Skyrim related bones despite the application being set to "Fallout" as game type.. lots of fiddling to get it to work.

@junkacc: I'm using version RC_89_e, the KJ tools website now contains malicious links so be careful going to it. My AV blocked the attack but it seems the website is not safe.

@Dojo_dude

If it's asking for skyrim bones when running fallout mesh then that means you have not selected the right stuff.

You must click *game* and set what game it is otherwise it'll think you are running skyrim files or whatever it is set at. There is also the auto detect but I have never really used it.

KJ tools site is gone dead kaput bye bye is no more which is why the files were added to the main page so that people can find them.

• 3 months later...

First off, thanks for the tool!

I was hoping someone could help me, though, because I'm terrible at this kind of stuff. I have a CBBE HDT Bodyslide armor mod that I really like, but it doesn't have the pregnant belly slider/node from the CBBE HDT body, so Ive been trying to figure out how to add it. The armor supports all the other current sliders, it just doesn't have the pregnancy belly. Is it possible to accomplish this with mesh rigger, while still supporting the other bodyslide sliders?

If it is possible, I would be extremely appreciative of any help anyone can provide!! :D

Ive played around with mesh rigger and outfit studio, but haven't been able to figure out how to do it.

I'll attach the mod, just in case anyone knows an easy way.

_op+Widowmaker+Bodyslide+v0.8.7z

You should be able to select what body type you want when you make the out so if you use the HDT body it should add all the required nodes to the outfit not sure though as I have never used the bodyslide part I have only used outfit studios except for when zapping a item.

I don't think mesh rigger will work on actual bodyslide files you would have to first conform the outfit to whatever body type and size that you want build it and then use mesh rigger. Once you do that you first will need a body template that has all of the bone nodes in it that you want to use as the input file and the 2 bodyslide nifs that you made need to go in the target folder.

Click mesh rigger bat - select copy weights - select bones - copy havoc node - gender female only - template material type all materials - vertex search distance - override distance and UV search. Make sure both bodies have the same UV map CBBE and UNP have different UV maps so you can't UV search if you are using 2 bodies like UNP and CBBE.

But since it's a bodyslide file it might be better to use outfit studios instead as mesh rigger and bodyslide tend to break each others shit. To use outfit studios just fist make the outfit in bodyslide then select start a new project select what body type you want. I use HDT UUNP select the outfit part or parts that need the required nodes added to it. Go to the bone tab and select the bone node you need. Go to shape - copy selected weights - shape - transfer selected weights - export - export nif. Repeat for the other nif since what you do to the _0 file has to be done to the _1 file as well other it'll not appear or work in game.