Mesh Rigger (Skyrim, Fallout, Oblivion) Beta.89.f (10-26-2014)

I don't think RC91b works with FO3/NV. How many outfits do you need to get done?

Sorry where is RC91b? KGTools only shows .89k as latest and it supports Oblivion/Fallout/Skyrim according to the interface. The amount of meshes is in the triple digits to convert.

It's a very unfinished work in progress and most of the components don't yet work. You need to use .89k for now.

I don't think RC91b works with FO3/NV. How many outfits do you need to get done?

Sorry where is RC91b? KGTools only shows .89k as latest and it supports Oblivion/Fallout/Skyrim according to the interface. The amount of meshes is in the triple digits to convert.

It's a very unfinished work in progress and most of the components don't yet work. You need to use .89k for now.

Ok thanks :)

Since there doesn't seem to be a pose converter thread I guess I'll ask this here instead. What causes pose converter to convert more then just the pose? I have a outfit if I run it through pose converter it changes the boobs and causes the vest that is in the nif to be destroyed. I thought pose converter only changes the posistion of the hands arms legs and feet? Also has anyone tried the newest update that was done to the pose converter not too long ago? Maybe this problem was fixed with it. 

@ myuhinny - No help here with pose converter, since I only have Oblivion. Not sure if it was ever totally debugged and finished. (As a Contributor, maybe ping gerra6 on it?) 

Only other members I have had discussions with on these tools are fejeena, movomo and Supierce, who in many ways have exceeded my use of them.

@Almodo

All you need is a body template that has the nodes that you require as a template. Generally you do not use a skeleton template because at the moment it will cause you to get stuck on one screeen because if the skeleton has too many nodes in it the selection screen will get too big and will prevent you from clicking on the ok button as that button will be off the screen and there is no way to scroll the screen to get to it. So just find a body that has the nodes in it that you need throw it into the template folder and use it instead.

@varenne

I hadn't noticed but it seems the latest update of body slide/outfit studio has made it more compatible with fallout meshes before when you loaded a fallout mesh into it there was a lot of error spewing about bone nodes everything had to be done in it before exporting or you couldn't reload the exported one because it would crash outfit studio and you would either of had to redo it again or run it through mesh rigger first to clean out the fallout stuff and replace it with skyrim stuff.

Luckily with the vest outfit that it didn't really require pose converter to change the pose as there was nothing on the arms the only thing that required adjust was the boot and I just deleted them out of the nif instead and after exporting ran it through mesh rigger with no problem and no bad vest and I just retested just now with it in outfit studio and now I even have sliders with it not sure what I did to do that part. 

All you need is a body template that has the nodes that you require as a template. Generally you do not use a skeleton template because at the moment it will cause you to get stuck on one screeen because if the skeleton has too many nodes in it the selection screen will get too big and will prevent you from clicking on the ok button as that button will be off the screen and there is no way to scroll the screen to get to it. So just find a body that has the nodes in it that you need throw it into the template folder and use it instead.

Oddly I did that before and I experienced no problems (at least on finding the ok button).

So femaleupperbody.nif that has BnB then? Not the original armor that has a BnB?

If I am copying BnB meshes from one armor to another (ostensibly the same armor, actually), do I need to specify a skeleton mesh?

No - just the armor mesh is fine. (I assume you mean copying bones.)

Wait, so I need the BnB-weighted armor as template instead of the femaleupperbody.nif? I'm so confused now.

@Almodo

I have always just used a template body nif or a armor/outfit nif that has the required nodes in it but first I delete the armor/outfit out of it just in case there are flaws in the armor/outfit sometimes a body in a outfit one might have a flaw in it. You can use a skeleton but many have too many node in them to be able to click the ok button fallout skeleton's might not have that problem so you might not have that problem if you use a skeleton but skyrim does as they have every node ever made plus the kitchen sink in them.

@Almodo

@varenne

I hadn't noticed but it seems the latest update of body slide/outfit studio has made it more compatible with fallout meshes before when you loaded a fallout mesh into it there was a lot of error spewing about bone nodes everything had to be done in it before exporting or you couldn't reload the exported one because it would crash outfit studio and you would either of had to redo it again or run it through mesh rigger first to clean out the fallout stuff and replace it with skyrim stuff.

Luckily with the vest outfit that it didn't really require pose converter to change the pose as there was nothing on the arms the only thing that required adjust was the boot and I just deleted them out of the nif instead and after exporting ran it through mesh rigger with no problem and no bad vest and I just retested just now with it in outfit studio and now I even have sliders with it not sure what I did to do that part. 

I do recall during discussion that gerra6 had some issues in getting all three game resources to be compatible with one another, Skyrim was especially problematic in how the Bethesda engineers decided to go with meshes, in a totally obtuse direction. Maybe that was finally addressed in later releases of the tools?

I see what you mean, myuhinny.

The template armor nif and the target armor nif is, in actuality, the same; the only difference is that the template armor has BnB, the other doesn't.

Well in any case I messed around with the settings a lot, and it's still coming out really bad. Is the resulting mesh ready to go ingame or do I have to fiddle it again in nifskope? Game is FO:NV btw.

@Almodo

Bad as in stretching or bad in something else? It's best if you screenshot it and upload it in a spoiler so we can see what might be the problem spoiler is under the box with the green line through it. Stretching would mean that when adding and removing nodes mesh rigger removed one that was needed and when it got removed causes that area to stretch.

@varenne

The vest outfit is a fallout new Vegas nif and it's about the only one that I can think of that does this when changing the pose from fallout to skyrim it's more like it's trying to act like it's the clothing converter instead of the convert pose. I even tried it once with no body in it with the same result. Weird that the pose converter does it but not mesh rigger as they should of both have done probably the same thing to it.

post-25667-0-69592900-1454087449_thumb.jpg

@Almodo

Bad as in stretching or bad in something else? It's best if you screenshot it and upload it in a spoiler so we can see what might be the problem spoiler is under the box with the green line through it. Stretching would mean that when adding and removing nodes mesh rigger removed one that was needed and when it got removed causes that area to stretch.

@varenne

The vest outfit is a fallout new Vegas nif and it's about the only one that I can think of that does this when changing the pose from fallout to skyrim it's more like it's trying to act like it's the clothing converter instead of the convert pose. I even tried it once with no body in it with the same result. Weird that the pose converter does it but not mesh rigger as they should of both have done probably the same thing to it.

Have you tried first running that NIF through all of the NifSkope spells (see my pre-process cleaning posts) and/or PyFFI? Often times doing that cleans up any wonky NIF issues, or very quickly identifies them. Since I don't have FNV or Skyrim, no idea as to the results running those on those game NIFs.

Nowadays my approach is to consider the NIF as possibly defective (or of non-standard structure)  before assuming it is a limitation or flaw in the tools.

@Almodo

There is a flaw in that mesh I have been running it through mesh rigger for awhile now and have tried a few different times with different bodies with BnB you get horrendous stretching that goes straight up if you use a body that has the same nodes everything is fine but there is still one spot on the collar that super stretches.

post-25667-0-86415100-1454114964_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-68696700-1454114976_thumb.jpg

If I take the the stretching one that was just run through mesh rigger and try to run it through it again the tool will close after awhile it shows no error in the save file but not all errors are reported and have to be seen to see what caused it to close.

*edit 

Tried adding the bad one to outfit studio to see if I can fix the stretching

post-25667-0-21307500-1454115986_thumb.jpg

What do you mean you can't see the jacket? Oh sorry how about now. :lol:

post-25667-0-54624100-1454116023_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-32458000-1454116081_thumb.jpg

Jacket will be a great accessory for a fairy or a barbie it you have one. Going to have to try to resize it and rotate it since the jacket is now facing the wrong way.

@varenne

Naw I didn't try anything like that I just threw it straight into outfit studio adjusted the outfit placement then molding then ran it through mesh rigger.

@Almodo

This is the best that I have gotten the lady is a fing bitch nif. There is some serious weight problems in the nif I had to delete all weights from each thing that was stretching and then weighted most of them like two faces jacket right down the middle one boob weight painting on one side the other boob weight painting on the other side. There are still some shit pieces in it that I can't fix. In outfit studio everything is fine in nifskope the shit is off.

Boots are crap and will have to be deleted out and they shift forward in the nif so they will have to be deleted but can be replaced with something else. The ammo pouches on the side are still down by the feet at about 2 inches tall no stretching but will have to get deleted as they are 2 inches tall the little rivets on the sides are floating since the ammo pouches are still 2 inches tall and will also need to be deleted the little red gem on the necklace is also down there by the feet.

Not sure how it will look like in game or if it will crash it or not.

post-25667-0-43121300-1454138987_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-36375200-1454139000_thumb.jpg

@Almodo

They probably used a 3d tool like blender or 3dmax when they did the file which would also explain why they only did one of them as they probably had no more hair to pull out after doing the first one. Here is the file as of right now some things will have to be removed the boots you use will have to be the same length as I used outfit studio's zap it tool on part of the legs. Not sure if it will work good or not.