Mesh Rigger (Skyrim, Fallout, Oblivion) Beta.89.f (10-26-2014)

Are you BnB-fying Lady Outfit? if it's so, it's already on nexus, something like "BnB armors for Type 3", there's a second package of extra armors like Nida, Epoch, etc.etc. and Lady should be there too, in Primm

Testing out how well making the ghost armor into a nipple ring will be. Adjusted it scaled it there are 2 sizes added the hanging strap that was used to hold it to the ceiling scaled it. Changed the scene root name so it could run in mesh rigger. No crashes yet.  :D

post-25667-0-34627100-1454186433_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-15837600-1454186445_thumb.jpg

Are you BnB-fying Lady Outfit? if it's so, it's already on nexus, something like "BnB armors for Type 3", there's a second package of extra armors like Nida, Epoch, etc.etc. and Lady should be there too, in Primm

Uh I know that. I am BnBing (well trying to, and myuhinny's doing most of the legwork here) the overhaul version done by Xaznom (this one: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/38890/? ), which is not included in the bnb armor pack.

And yes I tried replacing the overhaul nif with the bnb one; the textures got messed up.

Uh I know that. I am BnBing (well trying to, and myuhinny's doing most of the legwork here) the overhaul version done by Xaznom (this one: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/38890/? ), which is not included in the bnb armor pack.

And yes I tried replacing the overhaul nif with the bnb one; the textures got messed up.

Well now that's a good idea, since it's just a texture replacer, the UV is the same (at least I just tried with the pink top texture). What kind of mess you had with the texture?

With their overhaul the reason textures do not work is because 1 they have a different texture folder path theirs is textures\fizzXOH\LadyXOH instead of fizz's textures\fizz\lady\.dds

The textures work fine for me using the ones from Xaznom overhaul version with the BnB version to use theirs you have to first add them to fizz's texture folder. textures\fizz\lady\.dds then load up the lady mesh into nifskope then click the top and find BSShaderTextureSet in the left list under the highlighted line. Next click the arrow next to texture to get the drop down. Change the texture path to say maybe textures\fizz\lady\DenimBlackTop.dds click a different line to get it to register then repeat for the DenimTop_n.dds file.

post-25667-0-13384000-1454200161_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-07417900-1454200173_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-81102500-1454200232_thumb.jpg

*facepalm*

I knew the solution should've been something simple...will try.

EDIT: Speaking of which, I read that starting from FO3, you can have, say, a single nif but references multiple textures, which is awesome. The thing is, where do I see which armor corresponds to which texture? Is it set in GECK?

EDIT2: Bad news, it doesn't work ingame. Gives the exact same error as before:

EfeZkyo.jpg

rUZCHAM.jpg

vgxiqyU.jpg

EDIT3: Since this might be outside the scope of Mesh Rigger, we could continue in this thread I made instead -> http://www.loverslab.com/topic/57222-theres-no-bnb-version-for-the-lady-outfit-overhaul/

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to get mesh rigger to add a BSDismemberSkinInstance/NiSkinInstance to a item? I have some items that I have been trying to run through it but it keeps closing on them and I think that it is because they don't have a BSDismemberSkinInstance/NiSkinInstance.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a way to get mesh rigger to add a BSDismemberSkinInstance/NiSkinInstance to a item? I have some items that I have been trying to run through it but it keeps closing on them and I think that it is because they don't have a BSDismemberSkinInstance/NiSkinInstance.

If i am sure Oblivion meshes don't use BSDismember at all, so i add my question how to proceed raw mesh to rig for Oblivion without getting AttributeError: 'mesh' object has no attribute 'sd_st_srt'?

@myuhinny - Have you seen this post and thread; post #5? No BSDismemberSkinInstance in nif

And maybe this post in the NifTools Forum: Invisible NIF in game

@18igma

Nifs have one or the other either BSDismemberSkinInstance or NiSkinInstance for each item in a nif it is where your bones are listed for each item piece and you can right click the BSDismemberSkinInstance or NiSkinInstance line go to block - convert and switch it to the other one. When BSDismemberSkinInstance is used you have to pick slots in the .esp and you have to use the same slots in the nif under partition or the item will be invisible. If a nif had neither you would crash trying to wear the item and it would crash the CS/CK when you try to add it to a .esp

NiSkinInstance you do not need to select slots in the nif as there are none to select instead the slots that will be used are the slots you picked in the .esp. Great option if a nif doesn't have enough partitions to select all of the slots needed. Also good for nifs that have a shit ton of partitions and instead of changing them all to the slots you need just right click the line select convert it and select and convert it to the other one then select the slots in the .esp one time.

@varenne

I tried Spells/batch/make all skin partitions but that only works on items that already have everything and everything also becomes invisible in the nif if those 2 items are removed it does nothing. I have tried copying a BSDismemberSkinInstance and pasting it like they say but it doesn't get added to it.

I know with BSLightingShaderProperty you can right click the line copy the branch load a nif right click either the first line for a item the one that makes the vertices highlight or  right click the item itself and go to block - paste branch to add it the pasted item will go to the bottom of the nif like the BSDismemberSkinInstance does but when you save the BSLightingShaderProperty will go to where it is suppose to go to it just stays at the bottom of the nif.

@18igma

Nifs have one or the other either BSDismemberSkinInstance or NiSkinInstance for each item in a nif

I was just interested in understanding the phrase written in MR description: "And rigging a raw mesh or stripping and re-rigging an existing mesh is a simple as running the tool" as i supposded that MR is able somehow, according to that description, figure out rigging really raw meshes. I guess in this case "raw" doesn't mean clear editable mesh from 3d programs, but rigged already.

@18igma

Rigging is a skeleton or bone node if a nif doesn't have a BSDismemberSkinInstance or NiSkinInstance in it then the tool will not do anything but close after a bit if the nif or raw mesh has a BSDismemberSkinInstance or NiSkinInstance for each item then it will add the bone nodes from your template nif into the nif or raw mesh nif it might also fix up anything that might be wrong in the nif that is if the error doesn't cause it to crash that is.

Is it possible to use (paste) a NiSkinInstance instead, run your conversion and see if as it was mentioned in one of those posts, it gets converted to a BSDismemberSkinInstance?

Or maybe this is an opportunity to make use of Mesh Compare.bat? Again, don't know as I've never had a reason to use it, and not entirely sure of it's capability or functionality.

@varenne

NiSkinInstance and BSDismemberSkinInstance are the same thing just different set up. If you right click a BSDismemberSkinInstance line you can convert it to NiSkinInstance if you right click a NiSkinInstance line you can convert it to BSDismemberSkinInstance. Only difference between them is that NiSkinInstance uses the slots you pick in the .esp instead of the slots you pick in a nif which will also then have to be selected in the .esp as well when using BSDismemberSkinInstance.

Not sure on that Mesh Compare.bat as I have never been able to get it to do anything other then closing right away.

OK  

I fingered out a way to add a BSDismemberSkinInstance to a outfit that doesn't have either one. I got to thinking last night as I found a way to port oblivion meshes to skyrim using nifskope and outfit studio. To do it you have to export each piece in .OBJ format then load each one up into outfit studio. So it got me thinking on wither or not it would work for stuff that didn't have those 2 things and if it did would it add them. So I exported a piece in OBJ that didn't have it. I just tested it and it fricken works!!!! So now we know how to do that and knowing is half the battle.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeap I also added it to my how to port oblivion nifs to skyrim tutorial so I don't forget it and also to help anyone else having trouble figuring out how to add it. I now have a outfit with a traffic cone as a hat.

Greetings.

Hi varenne.

Hello & @ Myuhinny .

About your post 615    , when you used Outfit Studio, are you still able to open your Nif with NifSkope ? ... correctly ?

Usually, i'm not able to see  a nif correctly with NifSkope if it was created with Outfit Studio ... a lot of things are missing or " destroyed" ... and NifSkope is not able to load that kind of nif correctly .

Do you use the NifSkope2 version ( dev 4 maybe , ) ?  I just re downloaded it last night but not tried yet on this machine.

Cheers.

@AnnaFly

If you can't see shit in nifskope after exporting something out of outfit studio that tells you that you are missing weight paints somewhere. Load the nif back into outfit studio hold down CTRL and highlight all items including the body in the right top hand panel. Go to shape - mask weighted vertices and select it this will turn everything selected black/grey in color the black/grey areas are the areas that are weight painted spots that are not mean they have no weight painting and you will have to find a node close enough to that area and weight paint the node to that spot.

If you can't see anything the thing to try is to go to export and select export or export with reference and hit enter. Either hit yes and save or no either way the area that isn't weight painted should become white. You should get a at least one vertice. 

This a screenshot of what i'm talking about. The model in there has no bone nodes at all but you will also get this error if one spot is not weight painted. Other picture shows the outfit and bone nodes but those bone nodes are only attached to the body and not the outfit. I have also done before where I have deleted out all bone nodes from the model and then saved the outfit will appear in nifskope fine. If it has it's own bone nodes you will want to delete those out then run it through mesh rigger to remove any left over crap as well as add the bone nodes you need using a template of your choice.

post-25667-0-83949200-1457895541_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-94923100-1457896230_thumb.jpg

Once you know what is missing weight painting close outfit studio and restart it and load the file up and begin weight painting those areas.

@AnnaFly

If you can't see shit in nifskope after exporting something out of outfit studio that tells you that you are missing weight paints somewhere. Load the nif back into outfit studio hold down CTRL and highlight all items including the body in the right top hand panel. Go to shape - mask weighted vertices and select it this will turn everything selected black/grey in color the black/grey areas are the areas that are weight painted spots that are not mean they have no weight painting and you will have to find a node close enough to that area and weight paint the node to that spot.

If you can't see anything the thing to try is to go to export and select export or export with reference and hit enter. Either hit yes and save or no either way the area that isn't weight painted should become white. You should get a at least one vertice. 

This a screenshot of what i'm talking about. The model in there has no bone nodes at all but you will also get this error if one spot is not weight painted. Other picture shows the outfit and bone nodes but those bone nodes are only attached to the body and not the outfit. I have also done before where I have deleted out all bone nodes from the model and then saved the outfit will appear in nifskope fine. If it has it's own bone nodes you will want to delete those out then run it through mesh rigger to remove any left over crap as well as add the bone nodes you need using a template of your choice.

Once you know what is missing weight painting close outfit studio and restart it and load the file up and begin weight painting those areas.

Hi there.

Thank you for your fast reply , Myuhinny.

To make things clear, i never used outfit studio ( and probably will never use it ) , but that's just because when i try to take a look at something done with this " tool " i'm just not able to see ... anything i can use or repair ... most of the time.

So usually, if i know it's something done with "Outfit studio " , i past my way .

That's why i asked to you if you are still able to open your model and see it correctly with NifSkope after to made your changes with Outfit Studio.

Actually, i do nothing for Skyrim , i think i didn't run Skyrim last year ... or i don't remember.

But i started to convert a model ported to Skyrim  for Oblivion ... not finish this work because i'm on anther computer and the other machine i " out of order/service actually ). I needed to check Gerra6's post to be able to finish ( +/-) this one ... the meshes look correct now, but i think i didn't have the right texture ( it was for a request , not something i wanted ....) .

So as i don't have Skyrim on this machine, i don't want to work with something done for or from Skyrim actually.

You didn't answer : do you use NifSkope 2 now , It was improved especially for Fallout4 as i read but i don't have this game. Maybe my son , but i don't think so.

I'll come back tomorrow , it's  already too late for this night , i need to wake-up early next morning.

Cheers.

@AnnaFly

Outfit studio doesn't work with oblivion nifs it'll crash the tool unless you first export each piece in the nif into .OBJ format same goes with fallout 4 nifs those also have to be exported by .OBJ then loaded into outfit studio. I use this way for porting oblivion and fallout 4 items to skyrim. Fallout 2 and new vegas load into outfit studio fine the one thing that a person has to do is run fallout 3 nv and oblivion files through the pose converter to change the pose to skyrim.

I can usually open the nifs fine unless there are bad weight paints or missing ones but mesh rigger fixes that. It can also fix other problems as well. Some nifs if they have problems when loading them taking them and loading them into outfit studio can fix the problem.

Nifskope 2.0 is not better then 1.1.13 that I use as my main one 2.0 only gets used to load fallout 4 nifs so that I can export the pieces. 2.0 has way too much shit missing from it to ever be called better.

@AnnaFly

Outfit studio doesn't work with oblivion nifs it'll crash the tool unless you first export each piece in the nif into .OBJ format same goes with fallout 4 nifs those also have to be exported by .OBJ then loaded into outfit studio. I use this way for porting oblivion and fallout 4 items to skyrim. Fallout 2 and new vegas load into outfit studio fine the one thing that a person has to do is run fallout 3 nv and oblivion files through the pose converter to change the pose to skyrim.

I can usually open the nifs fine unless there are bad weight paints or missing ones but mesh rigger fixes that. It can also fix other problems as well. Some nifs if they have problems when loading them taking them and loading them into outfit studio can fix the problem.

Nifskope 2.0 is not better then 1.1.13 that I use as my main one 2.0 only gets used to load fallout 4 nifs so that I can export the pieces. 2.0 has way too much shit missing from it to ever be called better.

Hi there.

Once again thank you for your fast reply , Myuhinny.

Yes, i know "Outfit Studio" is a " tool " made for Skyrim only . That's not the problem, i just wanted to say each time i take a look ( 99%) at sometihng done only with this " tool " , NisKope is not abler to load it correctly. It's not really better with Blender : there is usually too much things to repair first before working on a mesh created by " outfit studio" in Blender.... ask Kendo2 what he think about " outfit Studio" ... :°)

I got +/- 150 errors reported and most of the time , NifSkope stops there. So, once again it's why i asked to you if you are able to see things correctly ( with NifSkope ) after you used Outfit Studio ".

So  , i stop here until i try to use Outfit's Studio by myself to see what's going " wrong " with it . I think it's just a " tool " made for personnal changes and uses, not for creating something  done to be exported and reworked with a real 3D tool.

Cheers.

@AnnaFly

That is caused by people not knowing what the heck they are doing a tool is only as good as the person that is using it. If they have no clue what they are doing they are going do it wrong/half ass it and hope it works (like the authors that make those huge ass texture paths in their nifs that are not needed) not everyone has that folder path/game path and they will not render in nifskope.

I have seen meshes like that before as well and I couldn't do anything with them till I found out they were bodyslide/outfit studio nifs. Some of the errors were incursive errors (error caused by pasting a outfit into a skeleton nif then pasting it back out into another nif) I do not if that error is caused by other things or not. I had nifs that had 90% of the items in the nif named scene root for everything incorrect position errors (I even made some of those errors) but mesh rigger fixed them. Once I figured that out throwing them into outfit studio and then exporting them overwriting the bad nif after that the errors were gone.

I have no problem seeing anything that has come out of outfit studios that I have done in nifskope unless the bone nodes are gone or if there is a vertice weight painting is missing a error. I use to get some other errors before when porting fallout 3/nv outfits to skyrim but that was fixed with one of the updates to outfit studio.

Kendo2 probably doesn't think much of anything if it isn't bender or 3dmax including the clothing converter mesh rigger or pose converter. Not that I really care if someone doesn't like something or not. If it works and makes me happy that is all that matters.

ATM I'm porting in daz files and doing them all in outfit studio with no problems at all a few I have to shrink the body but afterwards I just throw it into the clothing converter and it fixes everything up nicely.

Also outfit studio/bodyslide isn't just for skyrim there is also a fallout 4 version and there has recently been some testing done on a fallout 3/nv version.

post-25667-0-73640900-1457918623_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-89583100-1457918639_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-04967000-1457918662_thumb.jpg

I think the whole need to go .obj then into outfit studio is due to Skyrims fucked up XYZ placement or positioning of meshes. Using .obj standardizes that orientation so that it can be easily read into outfit studio. I recall something akin to this when working with (among others) Daz Studio, 3dmax and Poser many years ago.

Fallout 3/nv and fallout 4 are compatible with skyrims outfit studio and will load into it fine oblivion isn't and will crash it which is why you have to export the items out of a oblivion nif in .OBJ format. The items will be super huge in outfit studio so you will have to resize them. When I do porting the first thing I have to do is run the nif through pose converter to change the pose then either throw them into outfit studio or load them up into nifskope and export the pieces in .OBJ if the nifs are oblivion. Get them all into one file highlight them all and do a mass resize and adjust armor placement then adjust body parts shrink butt here add more boob size there and so forth. Save it then run it through mesh rigger.