Mesh Rigger (Skyrim, Fallout, Oblivion) Beta.89.f (10-26-2014)

• 2 months later...

Okay - it's been a long while since I checked this out (hey Gerra!), but I was reminded again when chatting with a modder who has been using it extensively to make UUNP resources. :)

This may sound stupid... but if I recall, this (or something else that I am confusing this with thanks to hazy memory) is a Blender add-in or thing - is that correct? Or is it something I can use standalone, independent of anything like Blender or Outfit Studio (*I use Max, & have had nothing but bad luck with those other two programs)...? :huh:

Okay - it's been a long while since I checked this out (hey Gerra!), but I was reminded again when chatting with a modder who has been using it extensively to make UUNP resources. :)

This may sound stupid... but if I recall, this (or something else that I am confusing this with thanks to hazy memory) is a Blender add-in or thing - is that correct? Or is it something I can use standalone, independent of anything like Blender or Outfit Studio (*I use Max, & have had nothing but bad luck with those other two programs)...? :huh:

Not a stupid question at all, and it's completely standalone. :)

@FastestDogInTheDistrict

Outfit studio is nowhere as precise as mesh rigger and it can also break meshes that were run through mesh rigger and then loaded into outfit studio to fix a problem as it tends to cause parts to spazz out. I usually fixed that by keeping a copy of the one ran through mesh rigger then when the one that comes out of outfit studio if it has spazzing parts I'll load up the fixed one and copy the part I fixed in outfit studio load the original and transfer the fixed part to the original nif and delete out the original piece.

You can also get clipping with outfit studio which is mostly because it doesn't do like mesh rigger and add X amount of a gap between the body to prevent clipping.

Not sure on blender though as I only use that to port problematic .OBJ files into it and then export them back out in a hope that whatever problem it had would be fixed on export.

There is also a small set of Blender plugins made by gerra6, and this stand-alone set of tools.

The plugins for Blender, recalling from memory were to simplify and expedite the process of Oblivion mesh alterations, edits, etc., but there are only few or small number of members skilled with Blender, and so the stand-alone concept and project came about.

Not a stupid question at all, and it's completely standalone. :)

@FastestDogInTheDistrict

Outfit studio is nowhere as precise as mesh rigger and it can also break meshes that were run through mesh rigger and then loaded into outfit studio to fix a problem as it tends to cause parts to spazz out. I usually fixed that by keeping a copy of the one ran through mesh rigger then when the one that comes out of outfit studio if it has spazzing parts I'll load up the fixed one and copy the part I fixed in outfit studio load the original and transfer the fixed part to the original nif and delete out the original piece.

You can also get clipping with outfit studio which is mostly because it doesn't do like mesh rigger and add X amount of a gap between the body to prevent clipping.

Not sure on blender though as I only use that to port problematic .OBJ files into it and then export them back out in a hope that whatever problem it had would be fixed on export.

There is also a small set of Blender plugins made by gerra6, and this stand-alone set of tools.

The plugins for Blender, recalling from memory were to simplify and expedite the process of Oblivion mesh alterations, edits, etc., but there are only few or small number of members skilled with Blender, and so the stand-alone concept and project came about.

Ah-HA! Thank-you all for that feedback, that is really helpful!!! The news that this is indeed standalone is good - I will test this out! :)

Myuhinny - if you haven't already, I would suggest trying 3dsMax instead of Blender. It's free, far more user-friendly, and the tutorial support for use with Skyrim assets is excellent. ^_^

*You mention .obj files - is this what Mesh Rigger works with, rather than .nif format? :huh:

@FastestDogInTheDistrict

OBJ's do not work with mesh rigger only nifs do. I only mentioned bender and that I have only used it for import and exporting bad .OBJ's to fix them. I have never used it for things like weight painting/rigging.

No the problematic .OBJ's are .OBJ files from DAZ studio as some outfits come in .OBJ format and you can load .OBJ files into outfit studio then adjust and resize the outfit pieces and then adjust the body to fit the outfit pieces. A few other problematic .OBJ's are from other places. Importing a problematic .OBJ into either bender DAZ then exporting the file back out will fix it or using greentoken link will usually fix most problems in a .OBJ. Problematic .OBJ's are ones that crashes or the outfit stretches in outfit studio when you try to load the .OBJ.

I can also get .OBJ files by using nifskope to export oblivion and fallout 4 outfit pieces in .OBJ format but those ones are not problematic.

I use bender DAZ studio and http://www.greentoken.de/onlineconv/ for fixing most problematic .OBJ's the link can also convert a file from one file type to another one as long as both are in the list of supported file types.

• 2 weeks later...

@FastestDogInTheDistrict

OBJ's do not work with mesh rigger only nifs do. I only mentioned bender and that I have only used it for import and exporting bad .OBJ's to fix them. I have never used it for things like weight painting/rigging.

No the problematic .OBJ's are .OBJ files from DAZ studio as some outfits come in .OBJ format and you can load .OBJ files into outfit studio then adjust and resize the outfit pieces and then adjust the body to fit the outfit pieces. A few other problematic .OBJ's are from other places. Importing a problematic .OBJ into either bender DAZ then exporting the file back out will fix it or using greentoken link will usually fix most problems in a .OBJ. Problematic .OBJ's are ones that crashes or the outfit stretches in outfit studio when you try to load the .OBJ.

I can also get .OBJ files by using nifskope to export oblivion and fallout 4 outfit pieces in .OBJ format but those ones are not problematic.

I use bender DAZ studio and http://www.greentoken.de/onlineconv/ for fixing most problematic .OBJ's the link can also convert a file from one file type to another one as long as both are in the list of supported file types.

myu, since you use Daz3d, could you please look at this, i think you will go crazy

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/55247-mod-requests-fo4-adult-mod-request-thread/?p=1580001

also, i don't use use blender, does this one works on 3ds?

@duoleb

I don't own fallout 4 and have no clue on how to port things to that game. Fallout 4 has a different body pose so you can't use Gerra6's pose converter to convert the pose as it doesn't work for fallout 4 same goes for mesh rigger and the clothing converter. If they come in .OBJ you can use outfit studio to load the .OBJ into it then scale it adjust it then adjust the body to fit. This will only work if the outfit doesn't have sleeves if they have sleeves you will need to use a 3d tool like blender or 3dmax to adjust the body to the correct body pose.

@duoleb

I don't own fallout 4 and have no clue on how to port things to that game. Fallout 4 has a different body pose so you can't use Gerra6's pose converter to convert the pose as it doesn't work for fallout 4 same goes for mesh rigger and the clothing converter. If they come in .OBJ you can use outfit studio to load the .OBJ into it then scale it adjust it then adjust the body to fit. This will only work if the outfit doesn't have sleeves if they have sleeves you will need to use a 3d tool like blender or 3dmax to adjust the body to the correct body pose.

it still uses the same thing as skyrim

if you want to check it out the 2 models, they are here, idk how to use daz or how to get the right things

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/55247-mod-requests-fo4-adult-mod-request-thread/?p=1581695

@duoleb

DAZ studio 4.9 is free to download install and use. All you have to do is install it run it and click on file then open make sure you are in the my library folder and open your rar and highlight data people and runtime and drag and drop them into that folder then go to people folder then genesis folder then clothing then PlugSuit3 and select one of the duf files and hit ok this will load that piece into DAZ next hit merge then select the next piece and hit ok what this does it add another piece to the outfit keep doing that till the hair thing gloves boots and suit are all together then click on file and go to export and select export in .OBJ and hit ok then hit it again to grab the .OBJ file and load it into outfit studio.

DAZ uses a pose similar to Oblivion so you will have to convert the skyrim body to a Oblivion body pose and then convert it back to skyrim pose so that the outfit pose matches the skyrim pose. The pugsuit doesn't really have any breasts at all.

pug.7z

@duoleb

DAZ studio 4.9 is free to download install and use. All you have to do is install it run it and click on file then open make sure you are in the my library folder and open your rar and highlight data people and runtime and drag and drop them into that folder then go to people folder then genesis folder then clothing then PlugSuit3 and select one of the duf files and hit ok this will load that piece into DAZ next hit merge then select the next piece and hit ok what this does it add another piece to the outfit keep doing that till the hair thing gloves boots and suit are all together then click on file and go to export and select export in .OBJ and hit ok then hit it again to grab the .OBJ file and load it into outfit studio.

DAZ uses a pose similar to Oblivion so you will have to convert the skyrim body to a Oblivion body pose and then convert it back to skyrim pose so that the outfit pose matches the skyrim pose. The pugsuit doesn't really have any breasts at all.

attachicon.gifpug.7z

which is strange, look at the guy's portfolio

http://forum.runtimedna.com/showthread.php?82174-DazStudio-and-Poser-freebies-by-EvilEliot

@duoleb

The suit itself doesn't have any breast size the body you put in it is what has the breast when you open and select a genesis body then merge a outfit with it the outfit will conform to the body and breast size and when you adjust the breast size the outfit breast size will change at the same time the breast are changing. When it doesn't conform then you have to right click the outfit piece go to form to then select what body the outfit was made for then the body you are forming it to and it will form to the body if you give the body nipples and camel toe it will suck right up in there really tight.

@duoleb

The suit itself doesn't have any breast size the body you put in it is what has the breast when you open and select a genesis body then merge a outfit with it the outfit will conform to the body and breast size and when you adjust the breast size the outfit breast size will change at the same time the breast are changing. When it doesn't conform then you have to right click the outfit piece go to form to then select what body the outfit was made for then the body you are forming it to and it will form to the body if you give the body nipples and camel toe it will suck right up in there really tight.

a guy on Vg /fog/ is maaging to port all of them already to Fo4

he uses DAZ3d, and he showed the progress on rei, she will be the 1st on the line

also i tried to open the OBJ here and the other model, all went blocky and without textures

@duoleb

It's probably a mesh problem in outfit studio the suit part causes outfit studio to crash when I imported it into blender and then exported it back out it caused many mesh oddities.

.OBJ files will never have textures ever you have to add the texture paths later after you have it how you want it.

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks so much for this tool. It took a great deal of work to get it running, and then even more work to get it to do its job, but hopefully my experience can alleviate some headaches for others.

First off, Khasylu's directions (http://www.loverslab.com/topic/24797-mesh-rigger-skyrim-fallout-oblivion-beta89f-10-26-2014/page-29?do=findComment&comment=1414519) were spot-on, and without them I don't think I would ever have figured out how to get the tool to even open properly. If you're having any installation difficulties, I'm confident this will help you out.

Second, DON'T USE XMPSE AS YOUR REFERENCE SKELETON. Once I was actually able to run the tool, I couldn't get the nif to export properly. It came out without any weighting, the mesh was shrunken in, thus creating near-universal clipping, and, upon further inspection, it was actively removing the very bones I was trying to copy in/alter. This was happening regardless of whether I told the tool to copy all bones from my body mesh and when I selected them myself. I didn't realize what the problem was until I opened it up in NifSkope. If all you're trying to do is set weighting to a normal armor mesh without any crazy extra parts like tails, wings, etc., then use your target body mesh (UNP, 7B, CBBE, whatever) as the skeleton and it should work perfectly. The only other thing you may have to do is replace the armor's attached body mesh with the base one in BodySlide (or whatever you normally use for such a thing).

Hope this helps.

@EnvyMachinery

Don't use any skeleton unless it is a bare bone one with only the normal bone nodes and also make sure it's not one of the older flawed skeletons as almost all of them have too much crap in them and you will never be able to hit the ok button to start mesh rigger. Instead find a body mesh you want to use as a template that has the nodes you want and use that instead. Be aware that some older skeletons and bodies suck in mesh rigger.

Dimonized UNP for example is a bad body to try to add BBP - TBBP - HDT or to use as a template body as it was made using the same bad skeleton and the bodies will actually shift forward backwards left or right in the nif. The older skeletons that were done wrong before they knew better.

Not all bodies and skeletons will work well in mesh rigger because of flaws in their mesh or UV maps and it doesn't always attached a bone node to a good spot so you might get stretching and what not that you will have to manually fix or leave the node out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to run the tool, I get through most of it fine but after I select the bones I want to copy the command prompt says "pause Press any key to continue..." I press a key and the prompt is gone. Nothing shows up in the output folder. Trying different meshes and different skeletons, still nothing. Installed different types of python and in the end only the portable version seems to even run.

I've changed environment variables to include my Python folder. Uninstalled any other versions of Python. Installed PYFFI. Tried installing different combinations of Python and PYFFI PY3K. Tried the original installation instructions, tried the later one with more detail - the one telling me to download Python 2.6.6. I'm confused =x.

I originally wanted to port things from another game over, and make my own armor mods but I don't know how to rig for skyrim - I do know how to rig normally for games though. Hoping this program would help me but I might have to learn how to use blindDataEditor instead.

I'm trying to run the tool, I get through most of it fine but after I select the bones I want to copy the command prompt says "pause Press any key to continue..." I press a key and the prompt is gone. Nothing shows up in the output folder. Trying different meshes and different skeletons, still nothing. Installed different types of python and in the end only the portable version seems to even run.

I've changed environment variables to include my Python folder. Uninstalled any other versions of Python. Installed PYFFI. Tried installing different combinations of Python and PYFFI PY3K. Tried the original installation instructions, tried the later one with more detail - the one telling me to download Python 2.6.6. I'm confused =x.

I originally wanted to port things from another game over, and make my own armor mods but I don't know how to rig for skyrim - I do know how to rig normally for games though. Hoping this program would help me but I might have to learn how to use blindDataEditor instead.

In the folder where you extracted the tools, there should be a folder named "save". Inside should be a Mesh Rigger text file, which is a traceback of its actions. The last actions are at the bottom and might tell you what went wrong.