Devious Assets and Expansion for Bodyslide -- CBBE HDT

I think I figured it out.

There are 3 textures for boots:

diffuse - alpha with only laces texture

enviromental mask - contains texture for boots as a whole

normal - usual stuff

OutfitStudio(and by extension BodySlide) uses diffuse map by default, making, in this case, only laces visible in the editor.

how do i install this on mod organizer? it says no game directory at the top level but i cant find the directory

I have never used Mod Organizer so I do not know.  However you can install manually.  The downloaded file has all the directories in it starting with "Data."  It may be that your file didn't download completely.  Could try downloading again, there should be no directory issues

In MO, when it says there's no game info in top level you probably see a "Data" folder with its box checked and an arrow to the left of it.

EXPAND that data folder.

click and drag everything in it to the top-most "data" line that you see in that window. (Usually this will just be a Caliente Tools folder)

Once you do this you'll see that the "Data" folder no longer has an arrow next to it on the left. That means its empty. That's good. UNcheck that Data folder.

It will STILL say there's no game data in the top level. That's ok. Click install. Click on Ignore when the box pops up.

Then in your mod list on the LEFT pane, you'll see that this entry is kinda greyed out. If you hover over it, it will tell you that same message. Right-click and say ignore missing data.

Done.

You get the message about no game data at top level because this mod doesn't install an esp or esm or anything (no .bsa or .bsl file either). 

Hope that helps.

how do i install this on mod organizer? it says no game directory at the top level but i cant find the directory

I have never used Mod Organizer so I do not know.  However you can install manually.  The downloaded file has all the directories in it starting with "Data."  It may be that your file didn't download completely.  Could try downloading again, there should be no directory issues

In MO, when it says there's no game info in top level you probably see a "Data" folder with its box checked and an arrow to the left of it.

EXPAND that data folder.

click and drag everything in it to the top-most "data" line that you see in that window. (Usually this will just be a Caliente Tools folder)

Once you do this you'll see that the "Data" folder no longer has an arrow next to it on the left. That means its empty. That's good. UNcheck that Data folder.

It will STILL say there's no game data in the top level. That's ok. Click install. Click on Ignore when the box pops up.

Then in your mod list on the LEFT pane, you'll see that this entry is kinda greyed out. If you hover over it, it will tell you that same message. Right-click and say ignore missing data.

Done.

You get the message about no game data at top level because this mod doesn't install an esp or esm or anything (no .bsa or .bsl file either). 

Hope that helps.

But there is an esp    Sorry--posting to the wrong thread.  No esp in this mod

Do the boots from Expansion actually show up in the game?

Also--didn't mention it in the mod description, but the two Custom Harnesses in Expansion are the same for both the high and low weight meshes.  in other words, the _1 mesh is the same as the _0 mesh and thus will always clip even on the original CBBE Curvy body for which they were made.

This mod fixes that 

Do the boots from Expansion actually show up in the game?

Also--didn't mention it in the mod description, but the two Custom Harnesses in Expansion are the same for both the high and low weight meshes.  in other words, the _1 mesh is the same as the _0 mesh and thus will always clip even on the original CBBE Curvy body for which they were made.

This mod fixes that 

Yes, they do work and show in the game(and NifSkope).

It's just the way author made them screws BodySlide, as I mentioned earlier.

Any chance for supporting a mod like http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1295-fill-her-up-cum-inflation/the other CBBE bodyslide set 'works' but is over extended in many places and clips in a ton of others. Talking about this one here (http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1236-devious-devices-devious-expansion-for-bodyslide2-hdt-preg-by-rustyxxl/)

It should already support it, I use that mod.  That and pregnancy mods just manipulate the belly node, but there will likely always be some clipping with extreme extension of the node.  Not sure if there's anything that can be done about it, but will look into it

Any chance for supporting a mod like http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1295-fill-her-up-cum-inflation/the other CBBE bodyslide set 'works' but is over extended in many places and clips in a ton of others. Talking about this one here (http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1236-devious-devices-devious-expansion-for-bodyslide2-hdt-preg-by-rustyxxl/)

It should already support it, I use that mod.  That and pregnancy mods just manipulate the belly node, but there will likely always be some clipping with extreme extension of the node.  Not sure if there's anything that can be done about it, but will look into it

Perhaps some clarification on what needs to be installed then and which order? There is no documentation in the OP about the differences between 2.7.5 and 2.7.5a

• 2 weeks later...

this will give tbbp or bbp support to both player and Npc's? if so will grab a copy of this......

Okay i am bit confused. when i go to download I see 3 type of files For Cbbe, HDT and Psb. If i have cbbe should pick cbbe?

From the original post:

The previous versions for HDT Body and PSB Body will not be supported, however they are left in the downloads for the time being.

So use the CBBE version.

*scratches head* I stumbled on your page from google ;) Not sure why but all of a sudden the option for the breast node management stopped working and breasts would clip through the chastity bra... tried redoing the body through body slide which I had to customize so everything fit like last time and still stopped working. So I had a few questions... since I never really understood precisely a few things, sorry if these are stupid sounding questions but I've just been sorta guessing and reading around and have no real idea what Im doing so no real idea about what I need to do.

I figured I needed to use HDT, though when I installed Devious devices it didnt have an option for HDT only BBP and TBBP. So which CBBE version should I ideally be using that has breast node management available, BBP TBBP or HDT? And which bodyslide exe am I supposed to use? The bodyslide.exe or bodyslidewxp.exe? Ive been using the normal one, whats wxp for? o.O

On your downloads I see DDX and DD versions of bodyslide cbbe... as well as two devious devices assets for CBBE, 2.7.5 and 2.7.5.a, which ones do I need from you? Since as Pub posted above me "The previous versions for HDT Body and PSB Body will not be supported, however they are left in the downloads for the time being." So Im assuming its one of the CBBE versions...

Any chance btw for some easy to follow install/setup instructions? Im not trying to sound ungrateful or sarcastic, just the front page lacks much instruction on what to do with it and I dont really use body slide much so its all sort of new to me. For instance I know how to save presets and stuff but I dont really know what several of the options do, like batch build and such. Im sure there some lengthy instructions somewhere, like on the bodyslide site, but obviously if I understood all that I wouldnt be up to my neck like I am currently :P Maybe some simpler step by step instructions would be easier... with pictures? :D

Sorry again for being so lost with this, but I do think this mod is what I was looking for I just wanna make sure I set it up right this time... btw Im using cbbe 3.3c now, I was using 3.3 before. Hoping the update helps but Im doubtful that was why... but yes... all of these questions I have cuz none of this bodyslide thing was easily understood... :( Why cant the devious devices just work with some default easy to use option? Im sure it does but I just havent found it, since its always something like this doesnt fit with the belt or harness or that doesnt have the piercings line up right. *sigh*

Edit= Well I think I got your mod working [somehow :P] as now the Deviant Devices seem much better fitted and change with the body shape, really nice. The problem Im having still isnt solved though... any tips as to what could be causing the breast node management option to not work? I have it enabled... its just not shrinking anything still. I have an HDT enabled body with physics working, just theres no shrinkage when there should be. Ive googled this and all I seem to find is people complaining about something and being told to turn it OFF... I seem to be having the opposite problem. I want it on and it wont work >.>

2nd Edit= On a completely exhaustive trial and error I think I found the problem... it lies with the DD Expansion Custom items though not with these. For some reason theres some error with the custom harnesses. All the custom ebonite harnesses for some reason have some problem that on equip you have to hit okay twice, and then it unmashes the breasts. Its particularly worse on the basic black leather slave harness though, making you hit okay four times. It also seems that particular harness doubles all your inputs, for instance trying to lockpick out your escape, use magic, and even using keys. Whats perhaps more strange is I didnt have any "real issue" with the white and red leather varients of the custom harnesses... mostly because they act like chastity belts but dont bring up the "escape the chastity belt" quest on equip. Perhaps to be expected they also dont require chastity keys to unlock, just the standard restraints key works for them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...