Massively votes TESO be biggest FLOP!

That last sentence you can just say in two words this someone at zenimax decided " Money Grab " .

Zenimax seems to make same mistake as almost all developers of mmo's after WoW trying to copy most themepark ideas from most succesful sadly.

I blame btw also many mmo's players the decay of mmo's in past 10 years happen becouse of spoonfed, ezmode generation and there terible behavior and sandbox almost died off :(  and drove many to skyrim.

Next year if The Witcher 3 will deliver(Im realy hoping they do) TES series will bleed players who gonne play TW3 instead.

I do agree MMO's have gone down hill in the last 10 years. I use to play a lot of single player games but felt like they dropped off with forced characters and forced linear paths, so i switched to MMO's. Now I am moving away from MMO's and back to single player games. Granted single player games are a mixed bag but to many of the MMO's just feel the same, only with a different skin on them. I played TESO in beta and thought it was ok, average MMO IMHO.

If it had f2p option I would likely give it a try and play it, but the subscription model I feel is way to much for what the game offers.

I remember spending half the time traveling in EQ and riding boats to get places. Having to call on strangers to help get your body back and just in general it was a lot harder, more challanging and was about a lot more than just getting cool loot. To me most modern MMO's feel like grinds to get cool powers/loot with no real penalties for death and to easy to get places. I mean do all players have ADD or something anymore?

Me personally I never use fast travel in Skyrim for that reason. Anyways I am getting way off topic now so going to stop.

Yea just watched the video myself.  He brings up many issues I had with the game and many many that I did not see.  If they only allowed more time to bug test the game, outside its weekend locks, many more game breaking bugs now(broken quests/item and mob timers).  In one case when I played not 2 months prior to its release was guilds.  Now upon release a major game breaking bug occurred(duping to ruin economy) which was guild related.  Watch the video even if you hate him.  Many arguments here are answered in his review.

He does bring up some good points, the price of horses is rather high.  Though to be honest the gold to buy one actually isn't that hard get, by the time I was done with Stormhaven (2nd area in Daggerfall Covenant) I had enough for one.  As for the monsters dropping only a couple gold pieces and most of the time only one, is actually a lot like skyrim and oblivion.  I mean honestly, how much of your income in those games actually came from the gold you got off npcs and creatures?  For me it was mostly from selling items to merchants and completing quests, even a lot of the chests barely had anything in them (opened a master locked chest once and it only had about 20g and an empty common soul gem...), pretty much the same way in ESO, chests in ESO are a bit different though.  Though I do get it, in skyrim enemies may not have dropped much gold but you could atleast loot their gear, but I also kind of get why that wouldn't work in an mmo.

I also get why Zenimax decided not to make things like plates and stuff sitting on counters etc. unlootable, its just a bad idea in an mmo.  Tables and counters would be bare, and everywhere you looked you'd see a guard chasing after a player shouting "Stop right there criminal scum!" or something similar.  One of the main things I'm disappointed about aren't the bugs and such, its the no player housing....really thought they would have that and apparently they might later on.  The main thing that gets on my nerves though are those damn gold sellers and fucking bots.  Then again those maggots infest just about every online game where money and items can be traded by players, except on WoW it seems, I haven't seen any on there in a couple years.

I haven't played a lot of mmo's to be honest, mainly just WoW which I've been playing since 2006, well WoW and Guild Wars..  To me ESO is a very welcome change from that, though I do prefer to play single player games, particularly rpgs, and especially rpgs where you can customize your own character and have an open world to explore.  Though I do admit I think sometimes they'd be funner with a little co-op, you know be able to play with atleast one of my friends on them.

As for Angry Joe well...I don't hate the guy, but I find him unnecessarily loud, and it makes me want to hit him.

I've only watched the first ten minutes of the review and there are several misunderstandings and one error. First, not the collector's edition allows you to play as any race in any faction, that was the pre-order bonus. As for the mounts and the amount of gold you get, I was able to purchause my horse at level 17. The horse you get with the collector's edition is the same horse you can buy for 17200 gold, i.e. the basic one, not one of the cool horses. Base increase in speed is 15%, I know right. You have to upgrade your horse at the stables to get any sort of noticeable boost. You can upgrade inventory space, speed and stamina for 250g every 20 hours. You don't even need horses in PvE because the wayshrines are placed in such a manner that you can go from place A to B in no time. And yes, mobs drop almost no gold, but they drop items that you can either sell for gold or deconstruct to get xp and materials for crafting. Getting gold in this game is no big deal, you pick it up as you play the game. Mostly from selling items you don't need or from doing quests. Since the kill speed in this game is rather high you can even get gold really fast from just grinding - kill mobs until your inventory is full (happens quite fast), sell it for cash. Rinse and repeat. Grinding is not needed, however.

Anyway, this all may look like a cash grab, but if it is, they put way too much effort in this game to get anything out of it. There is a ton of dialogue that most players won't even notice because you can talk to almost any named NPC and he will have 1-3 lines to say, even if he is not associated with any quest. Will add more if I notice more errors.

Too much effort?........You speak how like this game had a lot of content that is not even true..... Maps are static you can't interact with object... model are bad done and bad animated.....That's a lame excuse attempting to justify money grab....the sad part is when people repeat the things told by P.R guys to justify mess as a truth......that is sad honestly..

About phasing, the megaserver and doing quests with friends in a group: It works, though it requires some communication. Basically there are two kinds of choices you will encounter every so often: How do you want to do the quest (killing the commander or rescue the hostages, defend the fort or the docks?) and flavour/moral choices which happen most of the time in the middle or the end of a quest (like deciding what happens to the prisoner) but don't have much of an impact on the quest itself. If you do the quest with a friend, you just have to decide what thing you will do. Which often ends up with sharing interesting thoughts and exchanging opinions. I personally enjoy this quite a lot but I can understand that many people just want to play the game together with friends instead of talking what would be the right thing to do - or the wrong thing, if you decide your character is a douchebag. For me, it adds quite a lot of depth to the game which wouldn't be normally there.

Interestingly enough, he basically contradicts himself later on: First, he complains that friendly NPCs aren't doing anything in the siege and after that, he complains about players abusing game mechanics by farming a fast respawning public dungeon boss. Guess why allied NPCs in general don't do much in MMORPGs? Because players would abuse the shit out of it, like they always do. Yes, this is a valid point to criticize but players are the boon and bane of any MMORPG. There is always a large percentage of the player base who do what they can to gain an advantage and are not playing the game as intended. In a singeplayer game no one cares, but in an MMO they will ruin your experience by exploiting the game or griefing you. I'd say this is a general problem of MMORPGs and has to do with your fellow players, not so much with the game itself. I haven't seen an MMO that found a cure for retarded players. The only thing they could have done with the public dungeons would have been to make an instance of the dungeon for every single person or group that enters it. You can't get more immersion or more interaction with other players, it's either / or.

There's just no defending this game. It's problems remind me of every little thing MMOs have already got wrong, but accumulated in one place. When they haven't learned from some fundamental mistakes that have been fixed in most titles of the last 2 or 3 years, you have to wonder what the fuck they've been doing with all the time they've spent in what is pretty epic protracted development. 

I bumped into some of this during a fractured and disastrous beta w/e that literally put me off playing MMOs anymore, and I've been in a lot of betas over the last decade, some very messy ones. It just felt like there were portents everywhere to remind you of just how wrong they can get it. 

Meh, it's sad, what a waste of a brilliant IP. I doubt I'll even play it FTP. 

If this game went free to play I would drop it immediately and never play it again, because at the point it would be pay to win.  I know not all mmo's are like that, but if this one went free to play it would become pay to win and that would just ruin it.  Oh but its already ruined you say, no its not...it could get be a lot worse and it'll get a lot worse if goes free to play.  Like severe limitations on inventory or bank upgrade, as It is now it just costs some gold but in ftp it would probably cost actual money to expand, there would also probably be limitations on crafting, gear you can get, maybe even a limit on how many dungeons you can do per day.  There would definitely be character limits, probably only let you have 2, or maybe 3 with a limit of one to each faction and you'd have to pay to unlock more slots.

Yes because now is not pay to win?... YOu want the imperial race pay 20 bucks more yeah! oh come on :D

The imperial race isn't stronger or weaker than the other races in TESO, so I would not lable it pay 2 win because you don't get an advantage. I personally don't like it though, a CE should not offer you the complete game whereas the normal version offers you the incomplete game. IMO a CE should only include cosmetical things and not something that is actually relevant in the game. It's going to become a common practice though I think. The pre-order DLCs and goodies are already everywhere, and we know how it goes when companies discover a new way to make money.

I have been playing MMO's since Anarchy Online, so I have been around the block couple times to know not to fall for the hype in new released/upcoming MMO's. Now, regarding Elder Scrolls Online I was in the beta back in November and since then the game could not immerse me at all. Graphics of the ESO are 'ok' not bad but certainly not great either, I felt that from a distance textures looked passable, however coming close to a object or wall/rock you could see just how low the textures Zenimax used in game was actually awful.

Next, combat in the game to me felt waaayy to 'floaty' something seemed off and really distracted my game play experience, it just didn't seem 'on it'. Questing again to me was a snore, it came to a point where I did not care at all about the quests nor the npc's that were telling me about their problems, I was literally falling asleep while questing in ESO. To me I feel Zenimax could of done the TES series more justice, instead ESO felt more like a generic MMO, It gave me that feeling of past MMO's I have played with that 'been there, done that' feeling overall. I just never really experienced any wow factor moments in the game that would of most likely pulled me into the game more, especially the combat was just a turn off for me not to mention a lot of the idea's behind their combat was borrowed from Guild Wars 2. Unfortunately I felt that they fell short  in delivering a better experience let alone a experience on level with GW 2's combat.

Lastly there is a plethora of bugs in ESO, so much that item duping as taken place since beta and only as of recent has Zenimax finally addressed the issue. I was really hoping for a new direction for MMO's with ESO, but again disappointed in how implementation was poorly executed as well as level design. Bottom line is Zenimax went the safe route in providing a MMO experience, however its one that many MMO players have been playing for the last decade.

Too bad really, just hope perhaps Sony with Everquest Next can actually deliver on their promises in giving us player's truly next-gen game play mechanic's. If not there is also 2 more Korean MMO's coming out with Archeage and Black Desert Online, hopefully these new upcoming MMO's do not disappoint!

Regarding the bugs of ESO, I feel that there wasn't enough time allotted for bug fixing.  I too played in November and a few times after, and the guild mechanics weren't Implemented all that long for true bug testing.  Now either the bugs were in from the beginning or they changed something that resulted in it, but one thing would of fixed all problems is a true test of the final product before the release, with bug fix's and all.  Understandably the extra time wouldn't be economical, however this many popular Youtuber's who disregard your game as being good resulting in a over 1million gamer's who now know not to purchase your title is a huge setback.  Angry Joe's Video that was released less then 24 hours ago is almost at 500k viewers with over 96% of people who aggree with him(up/down vote percentage).

Also watched the Co-Optional Podcast and they were discussing ESO and how grouping was worthless.  Quests objectives were required by all party members to complete including boss type mobs.  Other things they discussed is stealth is broken and the bonus damage is meaningless, not to mention the popular discussions regarding the Mounts and pay to acquire mount.  Plus in order to cancel your subscription you have to give a 30 day notice, which means, if you play a week and decide to quit, you will be billed for the following month you do not play.  So even if you just want to try it and decide if you like it,  you are charged $60+15=75$ for one game($120 if you go for the imperial edition).

Despite its meh quality, one thing is for sure.  You either hate this game or love it.

In TESO's defence it's got a lot more going for it potentially than a lot of MMOs that were in a much better state when they were released. The world is awesomely huge  and the big pvp battles could be the best thing since DAoC. Depends If the company has the balls to take it all on and sustain it. So far the price gouging model seems to indicate they're following the now established procedure of grabbing everything they can up front, preparing for the inevitable mass exodus. Doesn't fill me with an ounce of confidence about their long term commitment.

I'm very hostile to it at this point,  I refuse to pay that sort of top dollar for an MMO that just isn't in a fit state to be released, and probably won't be for the next few months. And even then it just isn't all that, it's a creaky old school MMO that even looks like a lot of games that came before it, like Rift and GW2, but just hasn't picked up on the good things those games managed. Zenimax aren't Blizzard, and TESO definitely isn't WoW. 

edit: also I'm guessing the pricing is going to remain artificially high at least until the PS4 and Xbone launches have been milked to death. More signs of a company focused on a drive to maximize an early return on it's investment. Meh. 

Regarding the bugs of ESO, I feel that there wasn't enough time allotted for bug fixing.  I too played in November and a few times after, and the guild mechanics weren't Implemented all that long for true bug testing.  Now either the bugs were in from the beginning or they changed something that resulted in it, but one thing would of fixed all problems is a true test of the final product before the release, with bug fix's and all.  Understandably the extra time wouldn't be economical, however this many popular Youtuber's who disregard your game as being good resulting in a over 1million gamer's who now know not to purchase your title is a huge setback.  Angry Joe's Video that was released less then 24 hours ago is almost at 500k viewers with over 96% of people who aggree with him(up/down vote percentage).

Also watched the Co-Optional Podcast and they were discussing ESO and how grouping was worthless.  Quests objectives were required by all party members to complete including boss type mobs.  Other things they discussed is stealth is broken and the bonus damage is meaningless, not to mention the popular discussions regarding the Mounts and pay to acquire mount.  Plus in order to cancel your subscription you have to give a 30 day notice, which means, if you play a week and decide to quit, you will be billed for the following month you do not play.  So even if you just want to try it and decide if you like it,  you are charged $60+15=75$ for one game($120 if you go for the imperial edition).

Despite its meh quality, one thing is for sure.  You either hate this game or love it.

Ive seen ANGRY JOE'S video and its realy sad how badly zenimax its its almost CRIMINAL how they try get your money and how the game is.

I laready knew not to buy this game but this video say's it all DON'T BUY zenimax will SCAM YOU there CON BUSINESS.

I realy hope bethesda learns from this sack zenimax and make a awesome SINGLE player TRUE Elder Scrolls VI.

Watch video at 23min thats one of reason as example why i don't play this kind of games anymore, gold farmers its fucking stupid as angry joe say's.

ZENIMAX have learned NOTHING :(

I knew this was doomed as soon as I saw that some company "other" than Bethesda was building it.

It's painfully obvious by all the negative reviews that Bethesda didn't have their own people, deeply rooted in the TES franchise, overseeing this project to make sure it actually "felt" like a TES game and expanded on it. Too bad really...... but as the old saying goes: 

"if you want something done right, you do it yourself".

Best 60 bucks I never spent  :P

Trykz

Archived