Massively votes TESO be biggest FLOP!

for what i can tell about ESO (and i really don't care about the NDA anymore) is that the game is based way to much on MMO players, it has some really good things but the mmo part ruins it.

for instance, i love my mage/assassin character in skyrim, she has a really high destruction rating, maxed out archery and high sneaking.

in ESO, i can pretty much pack up my bags and leave, there is not a single hope to ever get that back.

sneaking in ESO doesn't exist, way to many players play as a dragon warrior and the dragon warrior has a skill that can pull an enemy to the warrior.

bye bye sneaky players, hello blood thirty maniacs.

and what about the mage, they attack sooooo sloooow that i can pretty much die before i cast my second skill.

sure you can run around, only makes things worse with the huge risk of over aggroing enemies.

if you love oblivion and skyrim, stay as far away from ESO as possible.

if you love a new MMO, go ahead and play, be sure to write a letter and don't use to much curse words.

@toshiyougan

Yea I aggree, this game is not for Elder Scroll's Series.  Maybe Lore buffs, but for those that love all Scroll games its not the same.  Stealth is in there but nothing like the SInglePlayer series. 

Don't forget, you can't mod to add new lands, or ui changes(sky ui), difficulty changes, so much modded content that the Elder Scroll's is known for(Editor released at or near launch).  Any added content(lands/dungeons/housing) will all be extra $$$+monthly $$.  Just not worth it.

For those who have no current MMO then possibly this might be yours until maybe Everquest Next comes out.

TESO is ok but skyrim is better. Plus I dont really like the TESO combat too much. Feels too much like im playing guild wars with a blocking button rather than Playing a Elder Scrolls game online. Plus the art style if not elder scrolls like of the game. I also didnt like how I couldnt attack anyone I wanted and make my own choices in the game. I felt like I was restricted to play this role instead of deciding who I want to be and what I want to do regardless of race in the game. I also dont like this since they wont be mods. Mods make games extremely fun. Would have been cooler if the just had a new game just like skyrim good lore wise, with upgraded graphics and engine. Than just allowed online co op and open world pvp where I can join any fraction. Thats all they really needed to do. Not this restrictive alliance stuff. The whole fun thing about skyrim was that you can pick your fate and effect everything around you. ESO doesnt feel like that. The Main reason why I was really stoked for ESO was to play  a Elder scrolls where i can travel through all of tamriel in one game. I didnt really care too much about this aliance war pvp. I havnt really tried it yet though because the server was too laggy. STORIES AND MISSIONS OVERALL FEEL TOO LINEAR.

Angry Joe has posted another video review, seems his directive has changed a bit since PvP play. It doesn't look horrible but I can not personally get into the graphics or the seemingly translucent enemy bodies when they are targeted (yellow). It looks very odd.

Anything changed with TESO?

No?

Maybe...

Open world modding(sexmods?) no instance and 100% freedom?...no not changed?...

...still not interested then :P

Rather see skyrim online same open world still moddable  and up to 1-4 players zero influence how to play from bethesda.

Guest Omega1084

Out of principle I can't watch any of those [emotion][name][function] videos..

Gimmicky shit like that only manages to piss me off and I don't like being angry.

But the more I read about TESO the more I dislike it.

Nothing's changed[for the better] since I played it.

I gave the last Beta Test a real go and although I still dislike the character creation the combat system was improved SLIGHTLY compared to the way it was before. Other then that I can say I absolutely HATE the crafting System, the level progression is slower then Skyrims, and the loot drops from monsters sucks.

I can say that I still do not consider this worth a $15 per month subscription, I'd say it's at the level of a F2P MMO at best.

Damn, didn't realize this thread was still alive.

Forgive my atrocious grammar mistake I make during this long essay -dobmc

Can't be bothered to correct it.

Nevermind. Corrected it I think.

I'd say it's at the level of a F2P MMO at best.

Haha…Hahahaha! So that's your conclusion huh? Geez you've changed. Well I expected the NDA to only work short-term anyways. Looks like it didn't matter if the game was made by a different studio was it? And it doesn't even feel good being right. I expected the game to be bad a while ago, but when I see these rising criticisms about ESO, I just get angry at Bethesda/Zenimax screwing up again after how bad Skyrim was. They've managed to do even worse. Also lol at whoever said that the game was a 'beta'. Ironically, I think I was one of the guys, but wow awesome, the game still sucks and will continue to suck troll dicks.

Also,

You know those guys who defended Skyrim saying it wasn't 'dumbed' down or the game was good? I would like to hear them try to defend ESO. Look what happened when people went optimistic about TES V. "its beta!" yea, I've heard enough bad jokes. I think my ears are rotting from what these apologists continue to say.

And I remember seeing people correcting statements about what studio made Skyrim or ESO, just shut up. Theres no point in trying to move the blame cause they all are horrible. Except of course the good ones that aren't even Bethesda/Zenimax.

Well, theres my one-sided rant about ESO (generally against the apologists or whoever thought this game was going to be remotely good). Oh, and wonder when I thought game was going to be sewage waste? When I heard about the mega-servers.

tl;dr:

*slaps apologists in the face* What did I say guys, the game was going to be bad.

Just a note, I'm not talking about you when I talk about apologists and such.

Sigh, what a great world we live in.

Haha…Hahahaha! So that's your conclusion huh? Geez you've changed. Well I expected the NDA to only work short-term anyways. Looks like it didn't matter if the game was made by a different studio was it? And it doesn't even feel good being right. I expected the game to be bad a while ago, but when I see these rising criticisms about ESO, I'm just get angry at Bethesda/Zenimax screwing up again after how bad Skyrim was. They've managed to do even worse. Also lol at whoever said that the game was a 'beta'. Ironically, I think I was one of the guys, but wow awesome, the game still sucks and will continue to suck troll dicks.

Also,

You know those guys who defended Skyrim saying it wasn't 'dumbed' down or the game was good? I would like to hear them try to defend ESO. Look what happened when people went optimistic about TES V. "its beta!" yea, I've heard enough bad jokes. I think my ears are rotting from what these apologists continue to say.

And I remember seeing people correcting statements about what studio made Skyrim or ESO, just shut up. Theres no point in trying to move the blame cause they all are horrible. Except of course the good ones that aren't even Bethesda/Zenimax.

Well, theres my one-sided rant about ESO (generally against the apologists or whoever thought this game was going to be remotely good). Oh, and wonder when I thought game was going to be sewage waste? When I heard about the mega-servers.

tl;dr:

*slaps you in the face* What did I say guys, the game was going to be poop.

We can say Skyrim is prolly one of the best RPGs ever if we look at sold copy's over all platforms not one RPG come close 24 million and counting.

Skyrim have alot bugs and many things are not perfect but its still one of few RPG's that have open world and can be modded you won't reconized it anymore comepare to vanilla skyrim.

Im more of fan of The Witcher and im specially my eye on TW 3 but ive enjoyed Skyrim(Morrowind my favorite in series) alot also becouse so many mods.

TESO is a complete different game it only share some lore and names with solo TES serie thats all.

To each his own you eather like it or not.

If you have fun no matter what thats only thing that counts even if the other 7billion on this planet hate skyrim or TESO, don't matter only your opinion about the game matters :)

Haha…Hahahaha! So that's your conclusion huh? Geez you've changed. Well I expected the NDA to only work short-term anyways. Looks like it didn't matter if the game was made by a different studio was it? And it doesn't even feel good being right. I expected the game to be bad a while ago, but when I see these rising criticisms about ESO, I'm just get angry at Bethesda/Zenimax screwing up again after how bad Skyrim was. They've managed to do even worse. Also lol at whoever said that the game was a 'beta'. Ironically, I think I was one of the guys, but wow awesome, the game still sucks and will continue to suck troll dicks.

Also,

tl;dr:

The thing is I said I don't jump on bandwagons and say something will be good or bad until I have actually gotten my hands on it and tried it out. Having gone through TESO I can now say that it is complete garbage in its current form and doesn't appear to be improving anytime soon. :P

Also,

tl;dr:

The thing is I said I don't jump on bandwagons and say something will be good or bad until I have actually gotten my hands on it and tried it out. Having gone through TESO I can now say that it is complete garbage in its current form and doesn't appear to be improving anytime soon. :P

Then I'm pretty lucky that I smelled that crap from a light-year away haha. I actually was initially worried if opinions would change after the game went open-beta. Seeing that there's already comments about the game going free to play however, it looks like people are having first-hand experience of how crappy TESO is. Can't disagree with how you judge a game. I usually follow that model and/or rely on reviews from critics I trust.

Thanks for being honest anyways. And holy crap, I'm making alot of grammar mistakes and bad sentences. Maybe its about time I take a break from the forums.

@EvasiaDutch

Also,

tl;dr:

We can say Skyrim is prolly one of the best RPGs ever if we look at sold copy's over all platforms not one RPG come close 24 million and counting.

Skyrim have alot bugs and many things are not perfect but its still one of few RPG's that have open world and can be modded you won't reconized it anymore comepare to vanilla skyrim.

Im more of fan of The Witcher and im specially my eye on TW 3 but ive enjoyed Skyrim(Morrowind my favorite in series) alot also becouse so many mods.

TESO is a complete different game it only share some lore and names with solo TES serie thats all.

To each his own you eather like it or not.

If you have fun no matter what thats only thing that counts even if the other 7billion on this planet hate skyrim or TESO, don't matter only your opinion about the game matters  :)

You make this too easy to argue. Well that's why you said 'probably' but if Skyrim was one of the best RPGs, then does that make CoD one of the best wargame (or whatever genre)/fps in the market? This can be argued but my point is: Copies sold doesn't mean its going to be good. It's just more appealing to the masses/casuals and that also means that the game is dumbed down. I personally value gaming or simulations because of how immersed you can be in the world, not just some brain-dead shooter or RPG.

The only reason why I think Skyrim can even remotely compete against the 'one of few RPGs' is simply because its moddable. This is PC gaming I'm talking here, not console games (and look at the horrible console port Skyrim was). Also bugs… Bugs!? Try reading everything just in the Unofficial Skyrim Patch patch notes. Maybe start with Dragonborn instead. But holy shit, I don't think 'alot' of bugs can define the amount of shit Skyrim has. I don't think any English word can define it actually.

The second part is arguable. I've never bothered about the lore of the game since I too am assuming that the MMO version of the TES series will follow the lore respectfully. However some opinions on the Internet claim that TESO 'butchers' the TES lore.

Also talking about the first part, yep. TESO is a generic MMORPG suited for those who could better play the dozens of other similar MMOs, but even more cheaper and perhaps free.

Also wtfuuuck, I thought something was wrong with my typing but quotations are screwing over themselves. Freaking technology.

If you have fun no matter what thats only thing that counts even if the other 7billion on this planet hate skyrim or TESO, don't matter only your opinion about the game matters

Yep, and that's how the gaming industry start getting worse every year. Well I'm exaggerating at this point. I can't really disagree on that but yea okay. Go on with your life.

Well, in the end we're humans. Not perfect, yet far from being close. I've already accepted this reality so think of our discussion as a cat-play. 

Sigh… Such a sad and disappointing cycle we live in.

Hopefully he notices that the spoiler contains all the 'discussion'...

Out of principle I can't watch any of those [emotion][name][function] videos..

Gimmicky shit like that only manages to piss me off and I don't like being angry.

But the more I read about TESO the more I dislike it.

Nothing's changed[for the better] since I played it.

Angry Joe's videos are great because he is completely unbiased in his evaluation and he does not sugar coat a damn thing. He does not get paid by a competitor to call out a new game for being complete and total horse shit. Nor does he sensor his approach. 

Therefore, unlike most reviews his are truthful without regard to hurting anyone's feelings in the process.

He isn't new to the gaming world or MMO's so I value his opinion. Not to mention he's damn funny. It's relatively hard to find an actual truthful review.

"Besides all the broken shit, I still had fun playing" - Isn't at all what I would use to gauge whether my money should be invested in a game.  

I actually loved playing the first beta (sadly didn't have time for the second).

I'm hoping the character creation gets a Lot better. For humans especially... those were the ugliest butts I've seen for a game in many years, lol. And the humans all had the same basic face that you could tweak only minimally, so I felt my Nord and Redguard girls looked like everyone else and I had thought one of the coolest things in the game would be character gen (the age slider was awesome, something you don't find in most MMO's sadly). I did really enjoy how my Argonian and Orc males came out though.

I made 6 characters total in the first beta (I always make way too many characters in any game where there is some customization), so I didn't get very far level-wise and I'm hoping that end-game content isn't mostly or all pvp. I personally prefer story driven pve.

Even moreso I hope this won't mean a decline in TES single player game development. I'd rather see a single player TESVI game that covers the entire continent of Tamriel, or better, the entire world of Nirn.

Haha…Hahahaha! So that's your conclusion huh? Geez you've changed. Well I expected the NDA to only work short-term anyways. Looks like it didn't matter if the game was made by a different studio was it? And it doesn't even feel good being right. I expected the game to be bad a while ago, but when I see these rising criticisms about ESO, I just get angry at Bethesda/Zenimax screwing up again after how bad Skyrim was. They've managed to do even worse. Also lol at whoever said that the game was a 'beta'. Ironically, I think I was one of the guys, but wow awesome, the game still sucks and will continue to suck troll dicks.

Also,

tl;dr:

*slaps apologists in the face* What did I say guys, the game was going to be bad.

This just in, local tryhard slaps carebears in face, revels in false sense of superiority. Film at 11:00.

TESO has a system that punishes lazy button bashers. Rotations are not the way to go here. Instead, you get more XP and more chance at magic loot if you play active. So block every hit by raising shield as you see your enemy raising their sword/axe/mace, power attack just before your enemy strikes to stagger them, step sideways when they charge to really dodge the attack (because attacks here got to physically hit, they aren't just registered), etc. Such 'smart' play gets you far more xp and loot per kill, a special reward system for enthusiastic players if you will. And a punishment for the "cast mana ray now - use filler slash XII - regen - regen - cast fireball of doom - health loom - shield effigy - regen - regen - now repeat" style players out there. Your WoW and SWTOR rotations will make you suck at TESO. It's different.

Also,

tl;dr:

After Morrowind the series was dumb down alot becouse mainly of consoles and Oblivion with fast instant travel was at first gamevreaking for me. It took me almost year before i desided to buy Oblivion and i think its still not even close to Morrowind.

Skyrim keep the dumb down with fast travel and the console UI. But it improved the dungeon over Morrowind and Oblivion alot.

Skyrim is ok but its way overrated and only becouse of mods its good game vanilla sucks.

Skyrim is playable only becouse of mod community other wise is nice run it one playthrough and never play it again.

I susspect ESO to be alot worse and will damage the TES series in the process :( .

It made 1 mistake it Became TES MMO instead of TES Online as they first sold it.

Problem is MMO players have stupid expectations because Developers and Publishers have fed them the same rubbish over and over again as for the So called Mega Server thats a crock of Shit.

From 1 Server first they Split off each console. then US and Europe and today I see a fans video that says, Cyrrodil Mega War is divided into 2000 People "Campaigns".

Nothing Mega about that. It will fail or succeed as a MMO and those three letters are its biggest handicap. Only MMO players are even slightly interested. I have Not met one single Non MMo playing TES fan that cares at all. Many like me who signed up for Beta when it was just Online tried it when invited but most gave up very quickly because it's purely an MMO.

I don't mean we wanted Skyrim co-op as fanboys shout. I actually wanted TES Online. but Publishers won't make a new Type of Online game.

MMO rubbish

EndGame what does that mean to me Game Over.

It's a Online World if my Character has maxed the character should end, the world never ever ends, full stop.

PvP or PvE if the game is well made never should you be sure what the opposition is NPC or Player.

When I gave up on TESO was when they introduced "The War". TES is RPG adventuring not a War Game and restricting the races to their own lands. Not allowing free roaming.  Just no not TES game at all just MMO PvP mechanic. A lazy one as well.

To then Allow Imperial Pay to Play any side, and preorders play any alliance at the death. That just insults anyone who argued against the restriction and was told it was essential to their aims. Aims of extorting money.

Whoever said earlier they've allowed modding, well not really only UI modding so all the WoW rubbish of do this now, wait so long, then do that. The Spreadsheet Guilds types.

Cheating, to gain advantage in reality and that game makers allow it, forcing all to do it to compete, makes it worse not better.

Real Modding though you can't do that in an MMO the same people shout,  modders would cheat. No ones allowed to cheat in MMO's. Right, Sure No one else they mean.

I'm much more interested in how Star Citizen is showing just how wrong these people are that publish MMO's (Fan Boys Also)

PC Online and separate Single Player Game using CryEngine 3 Graphics at max settings for high end PC's (yours not that powerful, well that's what the lower settings are for) with already active Modders Pre Alpha.

Funded by PC Gamers to $40 Million and still rising.

All the things that can't be done online they are doing and with no Publisher taking 80% of profits, that $40 million is equal to about $200 million in gross game sales and all raised before game is made, because PC gamers are sick to death of console ports. The latest consoles are equal to mid range PC's they are a dead technology.

Limited to 300 Watts of power they are falling further and further behind PC's and when VR takes off in next 2 to 3 years, more power than ever will be needed.

The first Occulus Rift is already obsolete and they are being given Steam's research power to develop next generation, the term "Presense" is used to describe a new aspect of the technology, that convinces your senses that VR is real, producing the sensation that you are actually Present in the world VR creates.

This is not the 3D effect, its something new, even one eyed people feel it and they can't see 3D at all. I know that, as I was born blind in one eye.

Basically PC users have the power to choose to fund the games they want to play, giving game developers the freedom to make the game they want to make and we want to play.

The most telling thing is this:

Skyrim was Released on 11-11-11, TESO will be on 14-4-14 both released ready or not.

Star Citizen will be released in Modules when its ready whatever date that may be.

Much troofiness Uhuru.

What would have gotten me excited for this as a TES player, was the idea that i could run around and explore and quest all over Tamriel. Not just Skyrim, not just Cyrodiil, not just Morrowind, all of it! That sounds awesome!

Sure the quest design probably woulden't be great, since it never is in MMO's, and there would allways be others larking about which can break the immersion, but the sheer scale of it could make up for that.

But then the war was announced, and that you only get to roam in your home country, because you know what TES really needed was to remove the whole RPG and exploration element that it is famed for, and get turned into a mindless online team-deathmatch game.

Ohh joy, it's like Chivalry! Or War of the Roses! But with waaaay worse combat mechanics. Doesen't that just sound awesome? That sure is the essence of a TES game right there. Yup.

Bah, i really don't understand why they went this route.

Archived