Massively votes TESO be biggest FLOP!

Mer are never supposed to look likes human in tes game....but yours was a legitimate question.....so i will answer...

What you consider an improvment in a visual style..maybe you like more human elves and is ok....i consider bad because of the lore.....what i mean is...

There are lore discrepancy all over in TESO the dunmer is the big example of Race potrayed bad....they can have different eyes not only red and this is what Azura sayd when she curse them...

Things like that are lore shattering.....Expecially when you are taking a important distinctive feature of a race and the culture benhind it and remove just because is cool have a dunmer with pink eyes

' May the eyes of the Changed Ones be turned as red as this volcanic ash, and may their skin be as blackened as their hearts. The accursed drawn, blood from the master spilled, and a curse shown in the race of these folk, forever-more

I

Some people just dont/wont like the game, and thats fine.. leave it alone and move on. if you dont like it is it really worth the precious little time we have on this world to sit and bitch over it?  just leave it alone and go play something you do like.

Me personally, i'm enjoying it. it's elderscrolls enough to keep me interested and lets me do something Skyrim and the others didnt.. play such a game with friends. Sure it's not perfect (and i hope no game ever is), but as Mogie said above "as long as I have fun playing it, it's just one more fuck I don't have to give".

Hath thou not heard of the prophecy written within the Elder Scrolls themselves?  Allow me to recite it.

"Should the lore of the elder scrolls series ever be changed, the world as we know it will never be the same again.  A tear in the fabric of reality will occur and Mehrunes Dagon will begin to bend it like Beckham!  Molag Bal will dance Gangnam Style upon the Golden Gate bridge while Hermaus Mora talks crap to people whom he will be totes pwning on Call of Duty!  Frogs with the face of Sheogorath that constantly say not by the word 'cheese!' shall rain down from the sky.  Mt. Vesuvius will erupt spewing forth thousands of scamps which will be addicted to hiding car keys and the remote for the television!  In other words, the world will go totally bat shit nanners."

I wonder, has any Elder Scrolls game held the same lore twice?

And if not, who exactly does it do harm to?

Has it killed anyone?

Is it really something to worry about?

I for one have NEVER played any game for lore.

as long as I have fun playing it, it's just one more fuck I don't have to give.

I'm greedy with my fucks and I usually don't give any away.

Yes indeed there is to worry about that...what if they will use the TESO stuff in the next TES lore changes and things like that? Never play any game for the lores then stay away from RPGS and play call of duty....

I told twice.. Is ok if you have fun play with it....But some people claimed...oh come on is the whole tamriel online! Not is not.... that is just mainstream generic looking crap not tamriel...that's the point

You like it as MMO? ok

You like it as Tes game? then you should move away from tes..

You guys are nerds, argueing about fake crap made up by some video game maker losers. I loved Oblivion, after I became aware of the modding possibilities. Probably more so than I do Skyrim, I could care less about the lore and I wish the stupid cat races and lizards weren't even in the game. And I'm glad that they tried to make the elves look more human, they usually looked retarded, I won't even play skyirm without EEO. 

When I played in the ESO beta I wasn't overly impressed, there where a few things I thought where cool. But overall, it just felt like a watered down MMO made for console babies and MMO rejects. The game isn't going to last, just like the majority of the others that have come out.

Typical new generation they dont give damn about lore or others ones taste, they just demand change they won't play. But if it was other way around world would be to small for your cry's and whines all over the internet i can guaranteed you that.

If elfs where looking more human i would never have played skyrim(i would not installed EEO EVER :P ) or if the males looking more feminine i would also not have played skyrim(still use original looking males from vanilla(don't want models or bodybuilders looking like arnold swarseburger).

But this is somthing of a taste, to each his own.

I respect others tatse im not gonne judge here and i won't call others nerds becouse it's not my taste.

Luckly we have mods and you make your game how ever you want.

I still say oblivion is worse episode in the series, but thats me my taste ok, have fun with oblivion i mean that :)

Nothing personal here its just a reply, a discussion if you don't like it ignore me np ;)

Luckly with mods you can make your game how ever you want.

Have fun whatever you play and LOVE&PEACE TO ALL :)

No thank you, I'll stay. People have been bitching about their precious TES lore from the start and in the end, they swallowed every little bit that was changed despite whining about it.

You guys are nerds, argueing about fake crap made up by some video game maker losers. I loved Oblivion, after I became aware of the modding possibilities. Probably more so than I do Skyrim, I could care less about the lore and I wish the stupid cat races and lizards weren't even in the game. And I'm glad that they tried to make the elves look more human, they usually looked retarded, I won't even play skyirm without EEO. 

When I played in the ESO beta I wasn't overly impressed, there where a few things I thought where cool. But overall, it just felt like a watered down MMO made for console babies and MMO rejects. The game isn't going to last, just like the majority of the others that have come out.

Well ain't you a tough little cookie.

No thank you, I'll stay. People have been bitching about their precious TES lore from the start and in the end, they swallowed every little bit that was changed despite whining about it.

Well ain't you a tough little cookie.

No offence but TESO didin't changed the lore only marginally it just screwed them up... TES is a rpg and Lores in rpg are like guns for Shooters...

In order to have a believable setting you must keep the lores most intact as possible.... If not you will have a very laughtable effect of not consistency you attitude explains a lot.... What you call bitching is just a reasonable discussion nothing more nothing less defining bitching only because you don't like it is just childish and not mature at all... 

I just told i can understand if someone loved TESO as a mmo but is not a tes game... Not in the setting.. Not on the lores...Not even in a gameplay point of wiew and this is not a opinion but a simple fact....TESO indeed feel like a mmo but does not feel like a The elder scroll game...

Is normal being concerned at this point if betsheda decided that TESO will be canon how zenimax claim this mean trow outside the window an entire fanbase and a lot of materials on the lores and this will be truly a shame.....

On Oblivion:

I am not telling was a bad game....Just generic and too much mainstream compared to morrowind....

I call it bitching because it is. It's not a discussion, all you do is throwing around No True Scotsman arguments and stating your personal and obviously biased opinion as a fact. If we talk about lore, Oblivion was the worst part of the series. Mannimarco, one of the most powerful beings, even before the lore-breaking warp in the west but moreso after said event gets used as the final enemy for a sidequest. Mannimarco, former Lich and then God is transformed back into a mortal to fight a petty war against the mages guild. Why? Just because. Would be the same as Vivec being used for the next game as a boss at the end of the Fighter's Guild (or whatever it is called in TES 6) quest line. That alone is worse than anything World of Warcraft did, hands down.

Or Sheogorath being Jyggalag, the secret Prince of order no one ever heard from before or after the events of Shivering Isles. He was so powerful that all the other Daedra Princes worked together (sure) and transformed (okay) him into the thing he most hated. Because they were afraid of him. Yeah, makes sense. Except the part that it contradicts basically everything that we knew about Daedra.

I call it bitching because it is. It's not a discussion, all you do is throwing around No True Scotsman arguments and stating your personal and obviously biased opinion as a fact. If we talk about lore, Oblivion was the worst part of the series. Mannimarco, one of the most powerful beings, even before the lore-breaking warp in the west but moreso after said event gets used as the final enemy for a sidequest. Mannimarco, former Lich and then God is transformed back into a mortal to fight a petty war against the mages guild. Why? Just because. Would be the same as Vivec being used for the next game as a boss at the end of the Fighter's Guild (or whatever it is called in TES 6) quest line. That alone is worse than anything World of Warcraft did, hands down.

Or Sheogorath being Jyggalag, the secret Prince of order no one ever heard from before or after the events of Shivering Isles. He was so powerful that all the other Daedra Princes worked together (sure) and transformed (okay) him into the thing he most hated. Because they were afraid of him. Yeah, makes sense. Except the part that it contradicts basically everything that we knew about Daedra.

In fact i told you that oblivion was the weak part when it comes from lores.. And is a discussion..not based on opinion sadly....Since all the things i told can be easily verified.... Oblivion was a total mess about lore they did better with skyrim then TESO trown all out the window again....Is so wrong caring about lore in a Role play series?

Lore are the pillar that keep up a believable rpg you don't care about the lore? ok...Then why you are playing rpg's? Is like if you love shooters and claim you dislike guns same story... A thing is add something to the lore... ((your sheogorath example fits perfectly the other daedra cursed Gyggalag not because he was the most powerful but because he had a really powerfull sphere of influence  the Order)) a thing is smashing almost evrything like TESO did......

I am not here to insult someone and of course i don't split in people face only because they like TESO.. But when i read "oh i like it because is like being in tamriel with friends!!" that's just not true since Teso is so bland and messed up when it comes with the lores.... It's just that....

Is fun? well that's the true matter of opinion... to me wasn't fun at all.....Because destroyed the lores..Because have a broken gameplay with a mmo design i dislike.....And that's my opinion on the fact..

Well mogie rpg are all about lores.....in fact the most memorable one and the best one are the ones with rich awesome lores..

No more no less..

And is for people like that don't care lore that we have rancid streamlined pile of crap for RPG ahh the gold old times when a rpg was challenging...Deep...Unforgettable... With an amazing story and a great setting and of course a great comunity...Instead to have rpg stripped out of roleplay elements just to please the casual crowd.....

But no too much to read better less line and moar voice acting....

Look its shiny and fun explosion evrywhere 

Lore who care of the lores i can make fuz roh dah!!!!

Some people don't understand the beauty and the immersion to roleplay a character in a rich in depth world....I can gladly invite those people to play morrowind but i will imagine the comments...

Why all those stats? Why my character dosn't hit?Where are the quest markes?Why i have to figure out by myself how to solve a quest?Omg i am level 2 and a vampire just killed me so ubbalanced!!! Why no voice acting why i have to read evrything!?!?

Welcome to the world of the true old school rpgs

But rpg aren't supposed to be INTERACTIVE MOVIES so...

You don't care about the lores in a setting? good i can accept that...but maybe you are playing the wrong game since lores all the pillars of rpg...

It's true, though. Molag Bal is a much better choice for invading Nirn than Merhunes Dagon, imo. You get a lot information about the different cultures and races. The political situation is very interesting and engaging - Skyrim tried something similar with the civil war but failed miserably. You get a lot of pieces about the great war and the Thalmor / Aldmeri Dominion and the Empire, but nothing is really fleshed out and all of that doesn't play a big role in Skyrim. In ESO it does. They also put a lot of effort into explaining why the player can't really die. You're basically a sort of husk that gets left behind when your soul gets extracted and used (like the things you encounter in the Soul Cairn in Dawnguard) given a corporeal form by some kind of Daedra magic stuff - the same thing that gives Daedra their form when they emerge from the pools of Oblivion after they get killed. At least that's what I got from playing ESO, might not be 100% accurate, dunno.

And the gameplay is better than in any other TES game. It's much more interactive than the combat in Skyrim, for example. I mean, you can dodge now, for real. And you finally have some fancy attacks, not just the same old whacking at an enemy with your light attack and the occasional power attack. And finally, finally attacks don't feel like you are attacking thin air with an imaginary weapon. Attacking, getting hit or blocking always has some sort weight behind the action. Like the Hit Stop mod for Skyrim just 1000 times better. Oh, and the game is finally somewhat balanced. No more full legendary Daedric gear at level 10. There are some downside to the game because it's an MMO but all in all it might be the best TES game for me until now.

In fact i told you that oblivion was the weak part when it comes from lores.. And is a discussion..not based on opinion sadly....Since all the things i told can be easily verified.... Oblivion was a total mess about lore they did better with skyrim then TESO trown all out the window again....Is so wrong caring about lore in a Role play series?

Lore are the pillar that keep up a believable rpg you don't care about the lore? ok...Then why you are playing rpg's? .

You don't care about the lores in a setting? good i can accept that...but maybe you are playing the wrong game since lores all the pillars of rpg...

commenting on just 2 parts you said, sorry for editing your post,

actually, you're not entirely correct. the real foundation of any good RPG is the characters and the story. without them you have little to nothing to establish any lore. Take a look at Final Fantasy 3/6,one of the best in the whole series, it isnt held that way because of any lore established by the FF series but by it's characters and story. those are why i have played RPG games for the past 25+ years. (and i like swords and monks and beating stuff up too)

and if i may ask one small personal question: is english your native language?  no offense intended or anything, just curious.

Jlane:

No its not i am italian in fact sometimes but i am learning :)

About rpg are all about characters and story i agree in part..... those are two important elements but alone don't make rpg..Do you know the graphic adventure games? They are all about character and story... I suggest you the deponia series is just amazing and hilarious awesome story and pretty good character..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktn0Af-W9tU

And grim:

Yes of course there are things even in skyrim that are no perfect...you mentioned the overall casualization of the game and also the civil war is a perfect example.. But also skyrim did something right about the lore i agree is not enough... In regard of teso...Shame they ruined most of the lores...I am not talking about the alliances becasue they just trow them in to have a faction system for the pvp but overall don't have any sense at all...There are some interesting books in teso but again you talk about culture...They indeed did something in that regard but also they didin't follow so much the overall lores at least in the morrowind part.... 

Also Skyrim did an amazing job on the melee fight...But when you are a mage omg.....

In morrowind you was capable off:

Levitating

Water walking

Absorb spells

Detect Key

Detect Enchantment

Enchanting in morrowind was the best....

Also spellmaking.....

A mage in morrowind was capable of awesome things....in skyrim is just pew pew and in teso is even worse..

To me when it comes at lores the best Tes game was morrowind.... Lore...Factions...Story....Overall details is just prefect..

Ya know, i have found one spot where it seems they changed the lore quite a bit, or atleast i don't recall hearing this in SKyrim. but in ESO, the Companions headquarters is in the RIft and Wuuthrad is still in 1 piece.

didn't they say in SKyrim that it's been in pieces for thousands of years?

It's true, though. Molag Bal is a much better choice for invading Nirn than Merhunes Dagon, imo. You get a lot information about the different cultures and races. The political situation is very interesting and engaging - Skyrim tried something similar with the civil war but failed miserably. You get a lot of pieces about the great war and the Thalmor / Aldmeri Dominion and the Empire, but nothing is really fleshed out and all of that doesn't play a big role in Skyrim. In ESO it does. They also put a lot of effort into explaining why the player can't really die. You're basically a sort of husk that gets left behind when your soul gets extracted and used (like the things you encounter in the Soul Cairn in Dawnguard) given a corporeal form by some kind of Daedra magic stuff - the same thing that gives Daedra their form when they emerge from the pools of Oblivion after they get killed. At least that's what I got from playing ESO, might not be 100% accurate, dunno.

And the gameplay is better than in any other TES game. It's much more interactive than the combat in Skyrim, for example. I mean, you can dodge now, for real. And you finally have some fancy attacks, not just the same old whacking at an enemy with your light attack and the occasional power attack. And finally, finally attacks don't feel like you are attacking thin air with an imaginary weapon. Attacking, getting hit or blocking always has some sort weight behind the action. Like the Hit Stop mod for Skyrim just 1000 times better. Oh, and the game is finally somewhat balanced. No more full legendary Daedric gear at level 10. There are some downside to the game because it's an MMO but all in all it might be the best TES game for me until now.

Discussion continue... ;)

Typical comment for a mmo fan and prolly console player and it's obvious your way or nothing in between, your biased opinion i say.

Fancy attacks OMG also typical new generation mainly comming from console folks.

Gameplay lets not start there its themepark its dumb down version of the worsed kind.

TESO has nothing to do with solo TES games, its tailor made for themepark crowd and console players.

Even skyrim was made with console in mind but we as PC gamers have MODS so where not bound to limitations and have stick with crap mods can change the whole game to whatever you like TESO and console gamers don't have this awesome luxery but we PC master race have :P

You love mmo's thats fine, but the game tells you what to do you want that i understand that thats why you love themeparks and be guided you to follow a path with silly mob waited to be slaughtered over and over again by thousends of players.

TESO is no adventured its a typical dumb down version ezmode treatmill themepark for the spoonfed generation.

The real TES games are open and free whatever you wanne do there are no limitations to your freedom specially with mods from awesome mods community which you don't have or ever will have in TESO.

Mods is where the REAL power is with TES you can make the game realy hardcore or fantasy or totally change the whole game NO LIMITATIONS and the interesting thing is this will WILL NEVER HAPPEN in TESO the community would CRY AND WHINE so hard the whole planet would shaked.

I have friend who plays TESO and man that game sucks its realy realy bad game and with the TWITCH TV sessions ive seen how the game is, not in a million years will my harddrive be poluted with this crap.

And im not talking about the lore here thats not even most importend.

For me most importend is OPEN game freedom a full open world nothing that tells you to follow ANYTHING you step into the world on a REAL adventure exploreration begins, secret caves or new lands thats TES games have for you, TESO have not always bound to limitations and have share with others and always some douchbags spoil it for you or stupid P2W gold sellers cashshops extra content zenimax offer if you pay more, no thanks.

Combat in TES is fine with right MODS and TES is about mods it always was sinds Morrowind thats why TES grew to huge fanbase for solo games 23 MILLION copys sold SKYRIM ALONE.

I can guarenteed you TESO will never reach those numbers of skyrim TES is a LEGEND TESO is not.

This don't mean i wish you alot of fun and pleasure with TESO but for me TESO is money grab and abommination, load of crap that won't infect my harddisk.

Have fun with TESO i mean it i will with real TES game :)

Nothing personal  just an opinion that's all.

Becouse i don't wanne throw more OIL on to the TESO plate i'll show this review of PC gamer as a reply.

This is what i was talking about  and PC Gamer review just acknowledge what i already knew CRAP.

http://www.pcgamer.com/review/the-elder-scrolls-online-review/

This reviewer is SPOT ON and i think he is even generous giving it a 68/100 which this game fully deserves.

This...

TESO in a nutshell...

I won't buy it and I will stop the beta... for me it is not what I was waiting for... The game bored me quickly, not because of the maps and artworks, there are ok but because the dungeons are so badly design I don't want to go in there.. no traps, 50 player waiting to kill one boss, 20 warriors killing everything on sight... 10 thief trying to be discrete in the same shadow... pathetic.. Everywhere the same crude lighting, no ambiance, no thrilling darkness, no intimacy with the action, I had more sensation and fulfillment in one cave in Oblivion or even the good all Morrowind than the 3 week-end I grind level in ESO... and for an MMO.. I'm sorry the quest are simply not... fun If you like Morrowind, oblivion, daggerfall, ultra realistic HD mode in Skyrim don't touch this game... it's toxic

What keeps me from buying it is the fact that it is an online game. It's not mainly because of the monthly fees, it's that I simply want TES to be a solitary experience. The TES universe always was a place to take a break from reality AND OTHER PEOPLE for me. I don't want some wannabe-Rambos annoying me all the time. When I see some random folk riding with their horses right through the player character, that alone puts me off enough not to buy the game. But that's just one minor detail.

Would it be a TES spinoff without all that fucking online nonsense, I would buy and play it for sure. Admittedly I regretted the fact that it is a fucking MMO.

What keeps me from buying it is the fact that it is an online game. It's not mainly because of the monthly fees, it's that I simply want TES to be a solitary experience. The TES universe always was a place to take a break from reality AND OTHER PEOPLE for me. I don't want some wannabe-Rambos annoying me all the time. When I see some random folk riding with their horses right through the player character, that alone puts me off enough not to buy the game. But that's just one minor detail.

Would it be a TES spinoff without all that fucking online nonsense, I would buy and play it for sure. Admittedly I regretted the fact that it is a fucking MMO.

For me same why i won't buy it read the above reply from me "TESO in a nutshell" ...reason why we won't play it.

And that mount thing you mentioned OMG i saw a twitch TV session seeing exact same thing you mentioned here about those HYPER ACTIVE STUPID KIDS RUNNING AROUND ON THERE MOUNT IN TOWN THROUGH OTHER PLAYERS OR STAND WITH THERE MOUNT INFRONT OF A TRADER SO REDICULOUS UHGG..

All in all, I cannot honestly recommend it. Even with the pitched, wavering skirmishes of PvP, I don’t really know who this game is for. It certainly doesn’t feel like it’s for Elder Scrolls fans. And MMO lovers will easily get their fix from more light-hearted alternatives. Alternatives, I should point out, which will not cost them £40 upfront, followed by a further £8.99 a month in subscription fees. My short playthrough was an excursion into drab and humourless world, full of people and things I really couldn’t bring myself to care about. It is obvious the quests have tried their best not to repeat the cardinal sins of other MMOs. But in doing so they only commit other, equally damning sins. Hackneyed dialogue, poor characterisation, a superficial sense of ‘threat’, and bugs. At its best The Elder Scrolls Online looks like a faithful addition to the lore. At its worst it is a derivative and uninventive anachronism. To me, it played sometimes like a racegame game. I actually feel nasty saying that. But I really don’t know what else to tell you

Thats all folks nomore negative :angry:

Archived