Massively votes TESO be biggest FLOP!

^

Zeni went for the money, simply put.

Is it though? Skyrim sold amazingly well, and i am very hard pressed to think of any recent MMO that got even remotely that kind of popularity.

So is abandoning the TES path in favour of the more standard MMO PvP fare (which is a crowded market) really the path to more money? I'm definately not convinced that it is.

Also, it's not like they coulden't have had both, it woulden't have been all that hard to make the war stuff run on it's own PvP server, and the big open world questing stuff on a PvE server. We've seen that before in MMO's.

Here's a good comparison to some of the area's to skyrim http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/12/exploring-skyrim-in-the-elder-scrolls-online

Some decent comparisons, one thing though, most NPC's don't move so they will be standing in that one position for the years to come.  Why they didn't include a day/night cycle with the option to sleep/wait is beyond me(a lot of the game is phased, so why not add it in).  I felt it as an Elder Scrolls title with its heart ripped out.

My boyfriend let me mess around with the beta when he got it, and I can honestly say it's not that great. Even for an MMO. The servers kept crashing, which didn't help gaining levels with the already slow, tedious leveling system.

One of my biggest issues with the game is that it directly contradicts TES lore. The factions make no sense. Since when are Nords and Dark Elves best buds? The shoehorned references that are thrown in don't help either.

I don't think this is doomed for failure, but I don't see it being the greatest thing since sliced bread either.

As it is now, it's just okay.

Not great, not terrible, just meh.

• 2 weeks later...

This what a elder scroll fan wil experience.

Exremely buggy. Has almost no GUI options. No underwater exploration.
you can not go underwater at all. No dueling. No /afk. No
/autofollow. No regional auction house, just very small guild store
that have a horrid GUI. Can't find inventory by level, type, race, or
rarity. Very bad descriptions of powers and items. Some character
stats are not explained at all. No clue what resists really do in the
game. Very hard, to impossible, to make an informed description about
your characters growth and items used. There is no guild bank options.
Anyone can take every item in the bank. Personal banks are share among
all characters and is very small, like a free to play game. Cyrodiil
has been changed into a diamond shape instead of it actual land mass for
pvp balance. Can not mail to self. Can not tell who the leader is in
party. No floating name option, even in PvE. No minimap option.
Descriptions are horrible in quest logs, so you are forced to follow the
arrows that lead you right to the quests, instead of having the option
to explore freely. In many parts of the world, you are forced to
finish quests before you can move away from that section of the map.
you can not go where you want at all in ESO. Everything is a closed off
zone, one after the other. There are very few small dungeons to
explore, unlike Skyrim that have them all over. There are even less
large dungeons. There is no crime system. There is no pve raid
system. No housing. This is all a shame, because it has a nice
combat system, and is a pretty game. It feels so frustrating to play
with little to no options on so many features that are common in other
MMOs and in TES.

But its themepark for wow fans and consoles so prolly still succes?

Seems not very promising at all to me.

Imo they would have a better success in making a TES game with optional multiplayer/coop playing like GTA 4 or 5 are, instead of trying to success in a market that is lead by one game for several years already. Moreso the monthly paid will not help their game at all, they will be making extra profit but it's bound to fail if the game does not attract a big crowd and from what I see the crowd lens to more dislikers than admirers.

When I did the Psijic Order test I thought ESO was rather fun. Granted I ended up playing as an Argonian gal with a love for big swords and dumb nords. Having played EQ, FFXI, City of Heroes, Ragnarok Online (talk about a failure), and WoW plus some others I'm probably forgetting. I actually enjoyed ESO. I didn't have to fight with people over mobs, I liked the open/community dungeons and not worrying about ganking at lower levels. I also liked the fact I could solo most stuff if I wanted or have help if I felt like it.

Though male calico khajiits did annoy the hell out of me. But I also liked ME3's multiplayer. It was fun if you had decent people to play with. Or people who didn't take it seriously.

I just picked up my collectors edition today. Its updating now and I did no research, read no information, no feedbacks, no reviews, and no critics on this game. Been looking forward to this for 3 years and in my opinion this generation of gamers are so picky and unsatisfied with anything you give them you could give gamers today a gold nugget and they would grip, chew it up and spit it out for one reason or another. I dont care about what reviewers or the gaming world bashes a game. Just like people who are insecure about themselves. (raises hand) you really need to stop listening to what others say about the game and play it yourself. If you like it then why the hell does anyone else's opinion matter? As long as you like it nothing else matters.

The funny thing is:

My friend pay mmo on subscrition with game cards on the stores....So they don't even use the credit card or the safecard... now i explain you why this won't work with TESO

A) if you puchase the game in order to get your 30 fee days you have to subscribe a payment method....so they basically force you to pick your subscrition fee...then...they ask your home address and is not mandatory.....w-t-f

B) then you are forced to still put a credit card online... ((what's the meaning of this if you use a game card puchased from a local merchant in your town?

So in the end a friend gifted me a copy of TESO to play with him...a digital ediction that comes with the 30 days free... now basically i can't claim my 30 free day until i put a subscrition fee on the site or... i don't put a game card key..... Now here is another problem.. i don't own a credit card i have a paysafe card but since is expired because i hardly use it online....

In the end i own a legal copy of the game.... with key..explorer pack key...and those 30 days free ONLY if i make a sub free

well done Zenimax.... what a scam..

They do have time cards like WoW did. At least there were some when I picked up my copy. Also you dont need to use a credit card if you use paypal. The 30 day free period WoW did that too when it first came out so nothing new there and not to sound harsh if people are complaining about that still after 9 years then I really don't know what to say.

The funny thing is:

My friend pay mmo on subscrition with game cards on the stores....So they don't even use the credit card or the safecard... now i explain you why this won't work with TESO

A) if you puchase the game in order to get your 30 fee days you have to subscribe a payment method....so they basically force you to pick your subscrition fee...then...they ask your home address and is not mandatory.....w-t-f

B) then you are forced to still put a credit card online... ((what's the meaning of this if you use a game card puchased from a local merchant in your town?

So in the end a friend gifted me a copy of TESO to play with him...a digital ediction that comes with the 30 days free... now basically i can't claim my 30 free day until i put a subscrition fee on the site or... i don't put a game card key..... Now here is another problem.. i don't own a credit card i have a paysafe card but since is expired because i hardly use it online....

In the end i own a legal copy of the game.... with key..explorer pack key...and those 30 days free ONLY if i make a sub free

yes what if in past i used to play other mmo with time card only?........I really don't give them my address.... and i really don't want be forced to put my credit card or paypal online......No thanks.....

At least wow when first was released....didin't forced me to make a subscrition fee or put my credit card online to make use of my free days included.....

after 20 days i tossed it from the window....what a ugly game....i am wondering how people still play it XD

Didn't buy in to all that hype. Maybe I'll wait a couple more weeks to see more reviews and ratings from people. The subscription fee is kind of a turn off for me since I don't really play that much. And when I do get play time I end up falling asleep no matter what game it is. >.> 

The CGI cut scenes were nice though.. thats pretty much the only nice thing I can say about it so far. 

So much negativity.  You know I was honestly on the fence about this game, because of all the negativity and such.  I really wanted to get it but all the bad things being said about it by people who played beta really made me think about not doing so.  Then on day 4 of the early access to people who digitally pre-ordered I took a little leap of faith and bought the digital standard edition (didn't care about the imperial race or armor crafting style and if I want a horse I'll get it the old fashion way) and you know what?  I have been having a really fun time on ESO, really glad I didn't listen to all the negativity coming from people.  Does the game have its flaws and could it use improvement?  Yep, but the same goes for a lot of games.  Another thing, has any game (mainly mmo's) ever really been that great off the start?  Not really, but they get better with time...well some do and ESO will probably be one of them.  In the game I ran into a few people who had played the beta, and they said the beta was not that great but that the game is far better now.

Anyway everyone has their own tastes and opinions about things, and just cause someone had a bad experience with something doesn't mean you will.  Some people like the game, others don't, and some down right hate it, and then there are some who down right hate it and won't shut up about it....but you'll never know if you like it unless you try it out and see for yourself. 

You sir or madam deserve a medal.

So much negativity.  You know I was honestly on the fence about this game, because of all the negativity and such.  I really wanted to get it but all the bad things being said about it by people who played beta really made me think about not doing so.  Then on day 4 of the early access to people who digitally pre-ordered I took a little leap of faith and bought the digital standard edition (didn't care about the imperial race or armor crafting style and if I want a horse I'll get it the old fashion way) and you know what?  I have been having a really fun time on ESO, really glad I didn't listen to all the negativity coming from people.  Does the game have its flaws and could it use improvement?  Yep, but the same goes for a lot of games.  Another thing, has any game (mainly mmo's) ever really been that great off the start?  Not really, but they get better with time...well some do and ESO will probably be one of them.  In the game I ran into a few people who had played the beta, and they said the beta was not that great but that the game is far better now.

Anyway everyone has their own tastes and opinions about things, and just cause someone had a bad experience with something doesn't mean you will.  Some people like the game, others don't, and some down right hate it, and then there are some who down right hate it and won't shut up about it....but you'll never know if you like it unless you try it out and see for yourself. 

Yes indeed what an awesome game BUT...*cough cough* but....If you are going to play a sort of tamriel online then this game is utter garbage.. it tosses the lores out from the windows it even don't respect the tamriel map

So i am in morrowind and i don't seen ONE and i say ONE never even the Ashlander wear a goddamn chitin armor..... By the lores it should be common to see armor like that in morrowind but for some weird reason ALL even the ordinator wear an UGLY angular nord like designed armor that scream GENERIC as fuck ((sorry for the tone but this game can't be defended and don't deserve it to be defended))

Winged Twiligh from Couldhalbur REALLY? when by the lores is state that the winged twilight are the servant of AZURA!? yes indeed nice try zenimax nice try...

Giant mushroom for the sake of awesome BUT red mountain is in the central island not in the outland of morrowind and by the lores AGAIN the twisted fauna is more and more common around the red mountain but instead... ash storms even in the mainland WOW...seriously WTF....why don't they put chaarrs in there...ala guild wars.. they already have pointed spiked rock mountains lava and ash raining evrywhere...

empire-of-tamriel.jpg

Dwemer ruins.. ho yes they improved them now are not like the one of skyrim......they are the same yes but painted brown......so they are more close to the morrowind look.... REALLY!?!?!?

Not even mention the nech have spikes now...... -_-

But since is a FACT and not an opinion that teso SCREWS the lores let's make a better content Analysis 

World interaction..

Is just amazing the world is filled with things tables with cups benches chair.... just wow......BUT....

You can not interact with them.... sitting on it? Nope. out of discussion

But we have bookshielf well yes......Filled with books also!!!! then press E to interact i press and.....WHAT!? i can read 1 only book? when the bookshelf is FILLED with tomes?

Oh allright i can always go exploring around maybe to find some dungeon...in skyrim was fun walking around silently exploring the deep of the most ancient crypts..... Then i enter in the dungeon and....... I can barely face something since the dungeon is filled with an army of bunny hoppers player killing evrything that moves so fast that someone shotted at me on sight wow... i was lucky that outside the imperial province you can't damage someone... then finally OH a chest and i have a lockpick i run in the chest direction not even time to press E that someone else and other 7 around was just on the chest........

-_-

Ok i eventyally maybe got bored so to make it pass the time let's try to do some crafting.... Well make the armor was fine...medium armor all i need is leather to refine....killed some nech and start with crafting then at the wood bench ....since the place is filled with tree and should be easyer  make a shield.....Right.....so i spended half hour to search logs on the ground because even if the zone was like a LUSH FOREST my char is too dumb to take the axe and hit a tree it have to go to search LOG on the ground.....SERIOUSLY!?

Now i can understan some people likes MMO.....BUt who is looking to play online in TAMRIEL teso is just a KICK on the FACE because it fails at what promised to do.....

1) Bringing online the tes universe ((lore wise this is not a tes universe is a generic WOW themepark))

2) An interactive world to explore! ((INTERACTING? where is interactive? because i didin't seen interaction AT ALL))

Not even mentioning the super dumbing down of magic that now feel like any generic mmo around...Damage spell...Stun Spelll....Healing spell....Evocation is useless...

Now go on and say this is a fun game...maybe it is but is not a TES game at ALL

Didn't play, just saw a few videos. I like the way the elves look, I don't like what they did to the orc guys, and I really appreciate the way the character creation works. There's much more variation in body shapes.

I also enjoyed the landscape. Looks quite nice imo. A little empty still, but the game's just been released.

The gameplay itself was what you'd expect from an MMORPG. But let's be honest: Releasing the game under the TES-franchise is nothing but a cash grab. And misleading. No wonder the game got many bad reviews, since TES fans were sure to test it and were disappointed, they just had to be. TES is something completely different from what you get in an MMORPG.

They should've kept the TES themed stuff out of it and let the game take place in its own world. From what I saw I guess the game can be fun every now and then but does not offer the depth of the offline TES games. And one aspect is seriously lacking: modding (not talking about some retextures or so). For good reasons.

The funny thing is:

Not the only scam what about the collectors edition lol.

Imperial race, ring of mara NUFF SAID.

Only thing you can do is not buying into this crap its not even a legit elder srolls game.

A money grab themepark nothing more.

Im maybe not entirely objective about this sinds '99 ive played only few mmo's Asheron's call 1-2, Lineage2(not a real sandbox but also not a themepark), Sage of Ryzom, Darkfall 1 all Sandbox and my real first themepark guildwars 2 which was not that bad but was way to much themepark to me and players tytpical themeparkers which im not fan off.

mainly played solo rpg's elder scroll gothic series and hack and slash(not blizzard ones).

So im never gonne play TESO for that reason alone not  a sandbox.

The gameplay itself was what you'd expect from an MMORPG. But let's be honest: Releasing the game under the TES-franchise is nothing but a cash grab. And misleading. No wonder the game got many bad reviews, since TES fans were sure to test it and were disappointed, they just had to be. TES is something completely different from what you get in an MMORPG.

They should've kept the TES themed stuff out of it and let the game take place in its own world. From what I saw I guess the game can be fun every now and then but does not offer the depth of the offline TES games. And one aspect is seriously lacking: modding (not talking about some retextures or so). For good reasons.

Though I'll probably never play the game, mainly due to time-constraints (if I were still at school and my main occupation would be: avoid learning *sigh*), I just want to be a little of a devil's advocate here: They can do with the TES-franchise whatever they want. TES is not a specific genre, its simply a world created by Bethesda over several years. If they want to use it for soemthing different than their Singleplayer-Games, so what?

I don't see ANY reason why they should have chosen a different world and setting, or why an MMORPG like this doesn't fit into the TES-Franchise. Because its not moddable? Fans who really thought that was possible in a big company's MMO of today should maybe see some serious medical help :lol:  BTW modding is only part of TES since Morrowind, there were games before that ...

As I said, I have not played the game myself, but I think a lot of the bad reputation really comes from the points you mentioned: Fans who's only complaints are -> This is not TES: VI, therefore it sucks! ... which is a very weak argument in my opinion. (I know it probably has other issues as well)

The only real complaint I have about TES Online is: Yeah, TES VI: Summerset Isles might take a bit longer until its released... :(

Lol you gotta be kidding me zenimax(facebook?)..

Let me start with ZeniMax's decision to reveal player account handles to everyone on said player's friend list. I wish I were joking here, but unfortunately the devs did fail IT Security 101, so if you've got a login handle that you'd just as soon keep private, well, don't join a guild and don't make friends!

I can't for the life of me understand the logic behind this decision unless ZeniMax is hoping for a rash of account hackings so it can start selling you USB security keys in a few weeks. Gold spam is already prevalent in ESO's zone chat, and making one half of a player's login pair public is simply asinine with a capital-A.

To say nothing of the fact that now you have to buy a second account if you want some quality alone time with an alt apart from my guildies!

These this top gamebreaker for me all tho i won't play this crap anyway this alone is a reason not to play a mmo these days.

Archived