Massively votes TESO be biggest FLOP!

I quit mmo's after GW 2. I hate the endless grind it always turns out to be. Don't get me wrong i think GW2 is the better mmooff the moment. However it will never beat GW 1. They had almost everything right with that one. Even the hero's came at the exact right time.

The game was loosing players in anticipation of GW2, became harder to form parties and it let you play on your own when you only had little time to play.

overpowered, yes, but man was it fun to manage your heroes to kill bosses for you.

Anyway, the main problem with mmo's is the grindfest it always becomes, the inability to cater to both hardcore and casual players and the lack of non fantasy mmo's. It's time for a Fallout or Shadowrun (the paper and pencil one) mmo. I'd like to see CD projekt's view on a mmo based on their upcoming Steampunk 2077.

Why always play the hero? Why not take on the role of a shopkeeper with a questline of it's own to fill your shop with items other players need? The better you get the better items you can sell all the way up to becoming a powerfull relic/unique item seller never bothering once about the mainquestline. Focus on becoming a weapon or armor smith and become the one everyone wants to buy armor from. Build in the possibility to make unique skins and import them into the game. Want to open an inn and become the place to be for all those heroes to rest and spend their money on drunk and food. Your questline would be to hunt down and secure rare spices, drinks and food, not fight bosses and grind dungeons. You could hire a hero to do that for you while you bother with running your inn and turning it into the place to be.

Combine it with elements from secondlife, simms, create a real online world. You can go offline just make sure your inn is stocked. Auto smith armor and weapons while you are offline to be able to keep up with demand or finish ordersn

in time. Only thing you need to do is gather the materials while you are online. The develloper that manages all that has the WoW killing mmo.

The moment they dumb down GW2 after first BETA weekend because many complained it was to hard(SO they dumb fucking down the game because most where not willing to learn i say or to dumb who knows) i had bad feelings about the future development of the game.

Also when they brought the mist dungeon and i only saw people ask dungeon grind in lionarch i quit 5 months after launch.

Grind, cashshop dumbdown item treadmill spoonfed i quit.

Btw i bought the collectors edition for the CHARR statue 150 euros ive payed im looking at it now hehe. Nice statue but what a waste of 150 euro's lol

Loved the open world and dynamic events but fucking community was grinding in dugeins result empty world. Fuck them.

GW2 have one of best underwater worlds ive ever seen and what do most complain because it was to hard and got there ass kicked under water.

Result empty water world but it was AWESOME ive done alot under water with friend we loved it.

Luckly i can afford it but GW2 was my last MMO and i played MMO'S sinds 1999 started with Asheron's Call 1.

Solo games that have plenty of and good mods fuck the MMO.

The moment they dumb down GW2 after first BETA weekend because many complained it was to hard(SO they dumb fucking down the game because most where not willing to learn i say or to dumb who knows) i had bad feelings about the future development of the game.

Also when they brought the mist dungeon and i only saw people ask dungeon grind in lionarch i quit 5 months after launch.

Grind, cashshop dumbdown item treadmill spoonfed i quit.

Btw i bought the collectors edition for the CHARR statue 150 euros ive payed im looking at it now hehe. Nice statue but what a waste of 150 euro's lol

Loved the open world and dynamic events but fucking community was grinding in dugeins result empty world. Fuck them.

GW2 have one of best underwater worlds ive ever seen and what do most complain because it was to hard and got there ass kicked under water.

Result empty water world but it was AWESOME ive done alot under water with friend we loved it.

Luckly i can afford it but GW2 was my last MMO and i played MMO'S sinds 1999 started with Asheron's Call 1.

Solo games that have plenty of and good mods fuck the MMO.

Yeah, I pretty much agree with all of that. A little bit of me died each time yet another sniveling little brat opened a topic on the forums complaining about underwater combat being too difficult. 

When it comes down to it, it doesn't matter what a company tries to do or how well they pull it off, a very vocal minority will make it all seem like a steaming pile of shit anyway,  they always end up spoiling the barrel in my experience. MMO communities are mostly on about the same toxic mentality level as 4chan. I'm done with them tbh, they can all fuck off. 

• 4 weeks later...

You think they would be ramping up production to have games for the holiday season. 

It's the way the industry works.

company pours millions of dollars into game > game doesn't do well enough to recoup the loss > company lays off some of its staff. Rinse and repeat for every AAA game.

You think they would be ramping up production to have games for the holiday season. 

It's the way the industry works.

company pours millions of dollars into game > game doesn't do well enough to recoup the loss > company lays off some of its staff. Rinse and repeat for every AAA game.

Yeah, the irony they are smart enough to make such good games but to stupid to except it might not sell well isn't lost on most. When the makers of Darksouls sold 2 million copies they were surprised it did so well and celebrated, when the makers of Deadspace 3 only sold 5 millions copies they said it was "disappointing". Actually, Jim Sterling did a rather funny video on the subject. I'll try to find and drop a link.

EDIT: Found it!

I've seen that video before, I get most of my knowledge about the games industry from jimquisition :P.

Archived