Massively votes TESO be biggest FLOP!

Well, the comments do have some merit.  I, too, can't see who TESO is targeted at, but that's the problem with most MMO out there.  They saw online as the next big thing and everyone and their mothers ran to create one.  Eh, that's not going to work.  The market is already beyond oversaturated, they seriously need to stop.

The MMO is an interesting market, it's hard to determine the success of a game without any sort of background. Heck look at FFIV, everyone thought it was going to be a disaster and now they are nominating it for MMO of the year. So saying a game will be the biggest flop (that so far lots of previews say it looks good) without any actual facts is being quite dramatic. 

The typical "skillbar -> Click" MMOs are just too numerous and too bollocks to be worth any time. Add grinding into the mix, and you get a terribad game.

Now, if MMOs had active combat systems akin to that from Mount and Blade as well as the crafting system from Wurm...I'd be all up for oversaturation of MMOs.

But as they are now? They need to be shot and burried in a forest where nobody will ever find the mound that houses the rotting corpse.

If I'm honest I kinda agree with what they're saying. I'm not given to making snap judgments but I really don't think a TES MMO is a good idea, kinda like putting multiplayer in Mass Effect. TES, in my opinon, has always been a single player game and I'm betting many TES fans will feel the same way. Still I'll wait a few months after its released to see if my suspicions where correct.

Guest endgameaddiction

The MMO is an interesting market, it's hard to determine the success of a game without any sort of background. Heck look at FFIV, everyone thought it was going to be a disaster and now they are nominating it for MMO of the year. So saying a game will be the biggest flop (that so far lots of previews say it looks good) without any actual facts is being quite dramatic. 

FF14 was a disaster. They had to send in the devs of Abyssea from FF11 to come in and do something with FF14. This was during the beta. And you can't disagree. It got so bad that FF14 went for free for a while until they were actually done fixing all the problems.

I don't know about now. I have friends from FF11 that are on FF14, but we don't talk. I quit FF11 a little over a year ago. I've thought about going to FF14 and all of them begged for me to jump on it, but if I cannot solo more than do stuff with guilds, I rather not. I spent 8 years on 11 and I got most of the things done for myself from dual/trio boxing because I don't like sitting there and waiting to rely on others. If FF14 is like F11 I odds are I would go to over there. But for now I'm still debating. Besides I'm not a fan of Square Enix. They pulled a lot of bullshit on 11 that made me never want to contribute to their pockets again.

TES: O will have it's fail at launch. It's guaranteed. Especially being Beth... their single player games are a fail. It won't really matter much to me as this is going to be their first MMO. I'm sure once every screw is tightened, it'll be a really good game. However, I'm not much of a fan of the cartoony style they decided to go with. I'm not a fan of the overly quest driven it is. Not that it's bad, but I want a more solo experience.

Ah, but you see the setting of TESO doesn't cover up the whole of Tamriel. They can add the missing locations later, but I've already gave up with the game. You can already see the lazy seeping out.

Nothing particularly new in gaming introduced with this game. They tried to appeal with the mega-server but it seems too ambitious and unstable.

However,

It all derives to what the TES/FO series are made up of. Well certainly the base game can reach some expectations, but what makes the game actually better than what they should be, are the mods. So is TESO moddable? No. Does it have up-to-date graphics? No. As enabling multi-platforms affected Skyrim greatly (dubbed the typical "bad console port") it will affect TESO too, especially with the addition of Mac support.

The game will be free for 30 days after buying it for an unspecific amount of money. After 30 days the game will be charged 15 US dollars or 13 Euros per month. Sounds like a worse deal then Skyrim. It looks like Zenimax tried to board the "rising" MMO age wagon and just outright fell off it.

Overall just to summarise my post: TESO will be the worst, don't buy.

The "lightly modded" is very vague. TESO is coming out in less than 5 months and I want detailed answers.

If you say lightly modded, I can imagine other MMOs being "lightly moddable".

I'm "lightly" looking at videos of the beta(?). So far just disappointment.

I don't know if I'm going to play any MMO these days, as my interest in them tend to peter out after a few levels. Again, MMOs are fucking dime-a-dozen, same old shit, lots of noisy dorks, unless the real-life equivalent of T'Rain comes out.

The most-sought-after MMOs I think are the online shooters, whether it's a Counterstrike clone from Korea or BF4. No need to grind too much, shoot to kill, just a little to pay, and instant gratification.

Also, sites like Massively requires me to take a pinch of salt before reading fluffy articles (same thing with Ars Technica, but they're short of calling for the abolition of the NSA).

Personally, I'm still waiting for something that will convince me to bother with this game; the feature that will completely and utterly convince me to play and invest my money and time into it. Until then I'll just lazily keep an eye on the game from time to time. Who knows, maybe it will be revolutionary, or maybe it will fail like SWTOR.

I tend to not make snap judgments on a game that hasn't been formally released yet and that I haven't been able to get my hands on the completed version. I guess some people don't know the phrase "never judge a book by it's cover"

I express my view on this game from more then a decade of experience playing mmo's plus what i now know of TESO and watch video's its more obvious its fails then its an succes.

I can be wrong sure but i will never play this themepark thats not even close to original Elder Scroll anyway.

I 100% sandbox only fan so maybe im not entirly objective and open minded about this game but its a limited themepark seems obvious to me for all who are true Elder Scrolls fans.

Why does everyone always assume that TESO is being done by the same people who make the TES single player games? It's a completely different team!!

I doub bethesda lets some unknown team screw up there IP.

But it will be screw up becouse of money they just hope to beat WoW and improve on what GW2 showed and from DAOC.

Biggest mistake they make is not stay true to Elder Scroll they only use the names and some look a likes which they even not doing a good job with.

TESO has little to do with Solo seriesm gameplay video's and all the info we know now don't lie.

I've played in the beta and the game is a joke. The game is way too linear and takes exploration completely out of it by forcing you to go to certain areas at times. The class system is ok but it will force you to waste skill points if you decide to use different weapons making it you're basically stuck with a single weapon type throughout the game. And one of the things I enjoy most in the games, finding loot in containers and stuff, was ridiculous. Because there is so many people around and the respawn rate is so low, I was finding maybe 1 out of every 20 containers unopened and about 75% of the time it was empty or had some useless item in it.

I've played in just about every mmo that's been out in the last 10+ years and the ESO is just one more that didn't need to be made.  I don't think it will fail right away but I think that once the subscribers play and see how unlike the Elder Scrolls single player games are that they will stop playing out of sheer disappointment.

Thats the wrong way of making TES with a multiplayer. Seeing how Oblivion and Skyrim has been casualized and made easier I bet same thing will happen to TESO, while casual players will stay . . . pros won't find any fun in this game or challenge.

Instead they should make a multiplayer for Skyrim with a drop in/out like in borderlands and with plugin/mod system like it was in Neverwinter Nights. It would be great to explore some custom content with a friend by your side.

"but there can be only 1 dragonborn ! " 

Many people are playing with an AI controlled companion/follower so . . . whats the problem.

Really, its not even out yet. 

After playing the beta i dont think its gonna be any good, BUT its also not out yet in final version. So yea

And just to say this.

it says final fantasy XIV is best mmo of 2013, which is complete and utter horse caca lol

So that says something <_< lol

Archived