BodySlide and Outfit Studio - out now!

ousnius

I'm using MO, i don't know how to access the virtual files in the DATA folder of MO, have been looking for answer and nothing but, i opted by duplicate my skyrim main folder, install nexus mod mannager and install all tools of Bodyslide, tbbp anims and slider mods i will need to test and customize clothes, it works, only i have to create an installer and put it in the MO, is WA I'm doing XD

I'm using MO, i don't know how to access the virtual files in the DATA folder of MO, have been looking for answer and nothing but, i opted by duplicate my skyrim main folder, install nexus mod mannager and install all tools of Bodyslide, tbbp anims and slider mods i will need to test and customize clothes, it works, only i have to create an installer and put it in the MO, is WA I'm doing XD

The "virtual" folder is only used by programs launched from MO, To access the contents of your mods outside of those programs go to "*\ModOrganizer\mods\".

I am probably just missing something here, but I am trying to follow the steps to zap the parts of the body that are not hidden by the clothes in this video that was linked earlier: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7yCk1nsk88&feature=youtu.be. Sadly, it's not working.

What I do is the following:

1. Load the bodyshape of the sliderSet of my outfit as a reference.
  2. Load the actual outfit as an outfit.
  3. Delete the existing bodyshape of the outfit.
  4. Conform to Sliders.
  5. Make a few needed adjustments with the brush to make the size of the breasts fit with the body.
  6. Create new ZAP slider and named it BodyZAP.
  7. Put the slider to 100%.
  8. went to slider settings and changed both low and high to 100 and turned on hidden.
  9. Put the slider off again and saved the project over the previous one (and yes, I have backups) making sure I have the option enabled to include this new body into the outfit.
  10. After that I restart Bodyslide 2 and rebuild the outfit. Sadly, now the body parts that are supposed to be zapped are still visible and with higher weight, they clip through the body as was shown in Outfit studio as well.

From what I can see, I have followed all the steps in the vid, so I am wondering why it's not working in my case.

The "virtual" folder is only used by programs launched from MO, To access the contents of your mods outside of those programs go to "*\ModOrganizer\mods\".

i mean, when u create a body mesh or somthing like that via teh MOD organizer, it creates the mesh in the "virtual data" i checked the main folder of skyrim and there isn t the meshes, they are only in the data of MO and cant access them but anyway, i solved my trouble making wa i said XD

ok i'm soooo confused..

just bought skyrim today... and everything points towards getting this mod..

all i basically want, is for my female characters to have a hot hot body..

but when i load up the game, i have no option, and no hot bodies to look at...

i tried running the bodyslide, and created a body, and saved it...

but how do i select it ingame?

or am i totally heading in the wrong direction?

Thanks for the excellent work on the BS2&OS. ;) I get questions about using this with MO, so if you wouldn't mind dropping by my thread and lending advice, that would be great. I've been playing Dragon Age, and RL is crazy, so I haven't really had the time to use BS2&OS, so support is struggling atm.

Also, a huge thanks to Gregathit for getting rid of the threads I started about this mod. lol I started one in General Discussion, moved it to Skyrim Adult Mods, asked him to delete the one in General Discussion, found out cell already made a thread for it, and asked Gregethit to get rid of the one in Adult Mods. :P I'm a pain in the ass, so thanks for your patience. ;)

I am probably just missing something here, but I am trying to follow the steps to zap the parts of the body that are not hidden by the clothes in this video that was linked earlier: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7yCk1nsk88&feature=youtu.be. Sadly, it's not working.

4. Conform to Sliders.
  5. Make a few needed adjustments with the brush to make the size of the breasts fit with the body.
  8. went to slider settings and changed both low and high to 100 and turned on hidden.
  9. Put the slider off again and saved the project over the previous one (and yes, I have backups) making sure I have the option enabled to include this new body into the outfit.
  10. After that I restart Bodyslide 2 and rebuild the outfit. Sadly, now the body parts that are supposed to be zapped are still visible and with higher weight, they clip through the body as was shown in Outfit studio as well.

From what I can see, I have followed all the steps in the vid, so I am wondering why it's not working in my case.

After Step 6 you need to hit the 'edit slider button' (looks like a pencil on the left side of the slider). The slider will be at 100% for this. Once you've done that, you then modify (not remove) the portion your are looking at. Generally, you will just be brush 'pushing' the mesh into the inside of the body. (Using the masking tool also helps. First pant with the masking tool what you want to modify, then invert. Then 'push' the item you want inside the body).

After you are done 'hiding' the parts you have changed, you can then hit the edit slider button again.

Test the slider by moving it up to 100% and the model will 'hide' the parts like you manually did.

Tada.

I will has lots of more skimpy armors in the future once I can load projects from the Bodyslide set list.

ok i'm soooo confused..

You need to get a replacer body mod of choice and install it. I would suggest starting with CBBE, which Bodyslide 2 is designed to work as a default.

I would also suggest installing Nexus Mod Manager to handle installing and uninstalling the mods you download. Also look at getting 'BOSS' to get the right order load so it doesn't crash once you add 30 to 40 mods...

I found a workaround for the TBBP problem. I modified the included reference skeleton and now there are no more crushed/smushed boobs in my game (I moved and rotated the breast and butt bones of the reference skeleton a bit).

If you are getting crushed breast/butt then you are using the wrong reference probably. A "reference" can be an XML set or just a .NIF file. None of the included xml sets in MO support TBBP.

What you need is a naked TBBP body or extremely similar TBBP armor. Usually this is at data/meshes/actors/character/character assets/femalebody_1.nif. The reference has to be a TBBP body/armor because we need something to copy bone weights from. CBBE BBP lacks bone weight data for some of the "bones" that TBBP uses.

A "bone weight" is simply a stored number on each vertex of the mesh. This "weight" tells the game how to match the body to the animated skeleton. Basically your breasts are crushed because the breast "bone" isn't properly pushing them up.

How to fix.

1) Convert your armor to whatever body you want and save (export current>nif) it.

2) Reload it as a new project. DO NOT DELETE THE BODY IN THE ARMOR.

3) Goto file->load reference

4) Click "Use an existing slider set"

5) At Slider Set XML file click "browse" and pick out your reference TBBP body.nif file. Click OK.

6) Make sure the reference body lines up with your armor/original body. If the body is off then select the REFERENCE body and goto menu Shape->Offset Shape to adjust.

7) Use brushes on the REFERENCE body (not your armor "body") to make it closely match your armor/body.

8) After you've got all that done you have two options.

- If the armor is vaguely human shaped then click menu Shape->Copy Bone Weights.

-or-

- If it's a robe/strange shape or has protuding parts then it's more complicated. Click a part (body,chest,whatever) of your armor. Goto the "Bones" tab at the top right. You now have to go through the bones 1 by 1 and find which bones lack weights on your armor/armor body. For BBP it's usually L Breast/R Breast. I've no clue on butt jiggle. Select each bone and click Shape->Copy Selected Weights. Do each bone once for each body part that matters. Obviously you don't need to copy breast weights on some arm guards!

Now you should have a properly weighted "armor" (that includes a body). If you want it to have sliders then you need to load a reference with sliders (CBBE template for example). Do the normal process of conforming/editing the sliders and fixing any mesh clipping. Do not copy bone weights again.

Now when you go to save the project UNCHECK "Automatically copy reference shape into outfit". If you created one with sliders then make sure to use bodyslide to actually create the armor.

Finally in the game you must have a TBBP skeleton and TBBP animations for this to work.

So I would like to adjust the weight of one of the bones in a base shape, but every time I try to save it, the shape doesn't load up in the body slider. What's the proper way to save after adjusting the base shape bones? I noticed there are several check boxes both before I load the Outfit Studio and when I'm getting ready to save it.

Basically, I don't know what I'm doing outside of adding more weight to a shape.

I found a workaround for the TBBP problem. I modified the included reference skeleton and now there are no more crushed/smushed boobs in my game (I moved and rotated the breast and butt bones of the reference skeleton a bit).

If you are getting crushed breast/butt then you are using the wrong reference probably. A "reference" can be an XML set or just a .NIF file. None of the included xml sets in MO support TBBP.

What you need is a naked TBBP body or extremely similar TBBP armor. Usually this is at data/meshes/actors/character/character assets/femalebody_1.nif. The reference has to be a TBBP body/armor because we need something to copy bone weights from. CBBE BBP lacks bone weight data for some of the "bones" that TBBP uses.

A "bone weight" is simply a stored number on each vertex of the mesh. This "weight" tells the game how to match the body to the animated skeleton. Basically your breasts are crushed because the breast "bone" isn't properly pushing them up.

How to fix.

1) Convert your armor to whatever body you want and save (export current>nif) it.

5) At Slider Set XML file click "browse" and pick out your reference TBBP body.nif file. Click OK.

6) Make sure the reference body lines up with your armor/original body. If the body is off then select the REFERENCE body and goto menu Shape->Offset Shape to adjust.

7) Use brushes on the REFERENCE body (not your armor "body") to make it closely match your armor/body.

- If the armor is vaguely human shaped then click menu Shape->Copy Bone Weights.

-or-

- If it's a robe/strange shape or has protuding parts then it's more complicated. Click a part (body,chest,whatever) of your armor. Goto the "Bones" tab at the top right. You now have to go through the bones 1 by 1 and find which bones lack weights on your armor/armor body. For BBP it's usually L Breast/R Breast. I've no clue on butt jiggle. Select each bone and click Shape->Copy Selected Weights. Do each bone once for each body part that matters. Obviously you don't need to copy breast weights on some arm guards!

Now you should have a properly weighted "armor" (that includes a body). If you want it to have sliders then you need to load a reference with sliders (CBBE template for example). Do the normal process of conforming/editing the sliders and fixing any mesh clipping. Do not copy bone weights again.

Now when you go to save the project UNCHECK "Automatically copy reference shape into outfit". If you created one with sliders then make sure to use bodyslide to actually create the armor.

Finally in the game you must have a TBBP skeleton and TBBP animations for this to work.

If I load a base unpb body as an outfit, then export it without doing anything at all to it, the breasts get crushed.

If I load the same body, then load it again as a reference for itself, then copy its own weights onto it, the breasts still get crushed.

Any ideas? I can't figure what I'm doing wrong.

Help, when I build an outfit and equip then hands are slightly in the wrong place but if I unequip outfit and it's just body then hand is correctly placed. Same slider preset is used.

hand.jpg

That means you got only a low weight body so it doesn't align with high weight hands (and feet for that matter). Try going on your mesh folder, backup the femalehands_1.nif and replace it with a copy of the _0.nif. Try it in game if they align, that's your issue.

That means you got only a low weight body so it doesn't align with high weight hands (and feet for that matter). Try going on your mesh folder, backup the femalehands_1.nif and replace it with a copy of the _0.nif. Try it in game if they align, that's your issue.

This didn't fix the problem.

This is awesome . I  am making converting a armor to be Preggo/HDT enabled but I am stuck with this

Everything works great except when Im pregnant the legs clip through the skirt. I set the belly node to 8 on being female mod and set my weight 100. I even tried removing all the blue/green color weight on the belly bone

bandicam_2013_12_27_05_25_34_094.jpg

ok i'm soooo confused..

You need to get a replacer body mod of choice and install it. I would suggest starting with CBBE, which Bodyslide 2 is designed to work as a default.

I would also suggest installing Nexus Mod Manager to handle installing and uninstalling the mods you download. Also look at getting 'BOSS' to get the right order load so it doesn't crash once you add 30 to 40 mods...

ok i think i got cbbe...

i got caliente female body mod bbe v3 2 266 3 2 3

so do i now just install that, and then edit a body in the editor, and it will appear ingame?

How to fix.

-or-

If I load a base unpb body as an outfit, then export it without doing anything at all to it, the breasts get crushed.

If I load the same body, then load it again as a reference for itself, then copy its own weights onto it, the breasts still get crushed.

I have posted a fix to this problem a few pages before in this thread. Downloading and installing should help.

@dorn: The bone weights are not the problem. The skin transformations for the bones are the problem. OS recalculates them every time you save/export an outfit/body. It uses a reference SKELETON (don't mistake it for the reference BODY) for this, and on this skeleton the breasts bones seem to be a little misplaced.

4. Conform to Sliders.

After Step 6 you need to hit the 'edit slider button' (looks like a pencil on the left side of the slider). The slider will be at 100% for this. Once you've done that, you then modify (not remove) the portion your are looking at. Generally, you will just be brush 'pushing' the mesh into the inside of the body. (Using the masking tool also helps. First pant with the masking tool what you want to modify, then invert. Then 'push' the item you want inside the body).

After you are done 'hiding' the parts you have changed, you can then hit the edit slider button again.

Test the slider by moving it up to 100% and the model will 'hide' the parts like you manually did.

Tada.

I will has lots of more skimpy armors in the future once I can load projects from the Bodyslide set list.

The edit slider button was what I meant with step 7.

About the "pushing" the mesh inside the body... that seems kind of weird to me. To my knowledge, "zapping" the body is not suposed to work that way. "zapping" would mean completely removing the parts of the body that you have not masked.

I have tried what you've described, but that those edits don't seem to be going through with the ZAP slider. Probably because that's not what the ZAP slider is meant for. Maybe it would work with a normal slider, but I would prefer to use the actual zap functionality.

It could also very well be that I am understanding what "zapping" means and what the ZAP slider is capable of.

Three questions:

1) Is the UNPB body the TBBP version?

2) What skeleton do you have installed?

3) What animations are providing TBBP?

Remember TBBP and BBP are different too. Or it might be this:

@dorn: The bone weights are not the problem. The skin transformations for the bones are the problem. OS recalculates them every time you save/export an outfit/body. It uses a reference SKELETON (don't mistake it for the reference BODY) for this, and on this skeleton the breasts bones seem to be a little misplaced.

Any chance you can explain what skin transformations are? I thought it was just all vertexs, bone weights, materials, textures, and skin partitions.

I have posted a fix to this problem a few pages before in this thread. Downloading and installing should help.

Your file helped, but it doesn't work as perfectly as I'd like. I played with the prebreast offsets some more and got a little closer, but still not perfect. I saw TBBP bone offset fixes in the mods 'to do/known issues' list on nexus, so hopefully an official fix is on the way.

Three questions:

1) Is the UNPB body the TBBP version?

2) What skeleton do you have installed?

3) What animations are providing TBBP?

Remember TBBP and BBP are different too.

1) yes

2) xp32 max

3) I'm clueless actually. I've been using hdt physics and left the animations as the default not-made-for-tbbp 'natural bbp 360' animations that come with the unpb redux installer. It works as long as outfit studio hasn't touched the body.

I read up on this a little more. I'd be curious if anyone can explain this a bit more. It sounds like nif files don't store mesh data with a universal cordinate system? Rather the vertex cordinates are relative to the skeleton location?

So probably MO needs the correct skeleton and the correct skeleton "resting pose" when saving?

4. Conform to Sliders.

Tada.

The edit slider button was what I meant with step 7.

About the "pushing" the mesh inside the body... that seems kind of weird to me. To my knowledge, "zapping" the body is not suposed to work that way. "zapping" would mean completely removing the parts of the body that you have not masked.

I have tried what you've described, but that those edits don't seem to be going through with the ZAP slider. Probably because that's not what the ZAP slider is meant for. Maybe it would work with a normal slider, but I would prefer to use the actual zap functionality.

It could also very well be that I am understanding what "zapping" means and what the ZAP slider is capable of.

It seems I did have the correct understanding of how "zapping" works. I tried it with the CBBE Advanced Reference and that seemed to work, although it also gave me some other alignment issues, but I'll probably be able to fix those on my own.

Any chance you can explain what skin transformations are? I thought it was just all vertexs, bone weights, materials, textures, and skin partitions.

I am not really sure myself what skin transformations are for. They seem to be an additional layer of transformations between bones and vertices. You can find them in nifskope under NiTriShapeData->BSDismemberSkinInstance->NiSkinData. Each shape has one global skin transformation (which seems to be ignored by Skyrim) and one skin transformation for each bone. I think they represent something like a "zero" position for the bones (something like, where was the bone when the shape was created).

Archived