BodySlide and Outfit Studio - out now!

ousnius

Yes, try enabling editing for a slider using the pencil button beneath it. Then use "Slider -> Clear Slider Data". I don't know if that will cause some issues elsewhere, though.

Thanks for your answer, got it working using this method.

It only seems to work with 1 slider at a time though and isn't exacltly what I'm looking for but it helps.

What I'd really like is a way to freely morph the outfit using the sliders independently from the reference body, hopefully such a thing can be implemented in a future release.

EDIT:

Lol I'm an idiot, you can actually disable all sliders on the base reference body and do exactly what I was asking for.

What I'd like to have now is an option to disable'/clear slider data" on all of them at once, that would make it perfect!

Yes, take a look at Caliente's Outfit Studio video on YouTube, it's linked at the Nexus mod page somewhere. Because the outfit you're using is a dress, you will have to paint some weights on there, like Cali does in the video.

Yes, that's what I tried, but it didn't seem to have much effect. I find it kind of hard to grasp what Weight painting actually does. I know by now that it helps animations to work without clipping and allows for BBP and pregnancy belly and that sort of thing. But what the connection is between that, I have no idea. I am also not really able to understand how the painting of the weights actually works in Outfit Studio. Like, what do the different colors mean? How do I know what I am painting is correct?

As a programmer, I know all too well how hard it is sometimes when you have full understanding of something and then try to explain it to others. It's easy to forget that they do not have the understanding you have and that makes it difficult sometimes to know how much you need to explain and sometimes you just feel like something should be basic knowledge, while that is actually not the case. It's just you knowing it so well that's making you think that way.

Not trying to blame you though. It's just something all of us do and you're being a great support already to all of us. All I am saying is that it might help us if there was a short description of the different tools that are available. For example to explain in short what the Conform to Silders, Conform all, Move Vertices, etc do.

All in all, Outfit Studio is really amazing and I do think most people should be able to use it for their purposes. But only once they know what the different things in the tool actually do. Without knowing what different functions actually do but getting told by a tutorial to do them anyway often confuses people more then it helps them.

My apologies that this turned into sort of a rant. That was not my intention and neither was it to offend or blame you. I am just trying to help, so take this as you will.

My apologies that this turned into sort of a rant. That was not my intention and neither was it to offend or blame you. I am just trying to help, so take this as you will.

No problem, I can relate. :)

I'll try to make more tutorials, improve existing ones, and hopefully link video tutorials made by others (because I don't have time to do them myself atm.)

Plus documentation on what which things in Outfit Studio actually do.

Christmas is more important right now, though. ;)

That's strange... can you try applying an offset to the NiTriShape in NifSkope? Enter some translation values, right-click the NiTriShape and "Apply" the translation.

Yes of course, editing it directly in nifskope works fine, I can create a custom body with bodyslide and the piercings are in its place. So Im having two problems, first Outfit Studio isnt exporting the offset values I put at all, and second, both in OS and BS2, the preview shows something completely different than the actual mesh o.O

This is the mod if you wanna do some test: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/20655/?

(Im not really in any kind of hurry to have this working before christmas xD is just that I can't leave it like that when something doesnt work for me)

Did someone figure out what the CHSBHC presets are? Tried to see whether I couldn't simply "import" the chsbhc but that doesn't seem to be the case :< 

Tried fiddling around but I'm just not getting anywhere...

CHSBHC will be in the next version. You can expect it to be released in less than a week.

Did someone figure out what the CHSBHC presets are? Tried to see whether I couldn't simply "import" the chsbhc but that doesn't seem to be the case :< 

Tried fiddling around but I'm just not getting anywhere...

CHSBHC will be in the next version. You can expect it to be released in less than a week.

Hi Cell there is any chance to see Manga body from ledo4ek?

Hey I was asking in another thread too but anyone know what might cause this? Armor looks perfect but body is weird:

Did you use "Copy Bone Weights" for the body already? You can also try using "Build Skin Partitions", which is below the "Copy Bone Weights" feature when right-clicking the body.

Hey I was asking in another thread too but anyone know what might cause this? Armor looks perfect but body is weird:

Did you use "Copy Bone Weights" for the body already? You can also try using "Build Skin Partitions", which is below the "Copy Bone Weights" feature when right-clicking the body.

Yes I used it on body and the armor parts. If I don't use copy weight on body then it looks even more broken. The armor btw looks correct every time like it should but body is always broken. I also tried the skin partition on body, that didn't do anything.

Another question that popped in my head after watching the two tutorials made by community members is if it really makes much of a difference if you chose the _1 version of an armor over the _0 version.

I do know that the _0 is the 0% weight and the _1 is the 100% version of the body, but I am wondering if that makes any difference when converting armors.
I have been using the _0 versions of armors so far and don't seem to have any trouble with it, but the two tutorials seem to indicate strongly to use the _1 version.

Yes, take a look at Caliente's Outfit Studio video on YouTube, it's linked at the Nexus mod page somewhere. Because the outfit you're using is a dress, you will have to paint some weights on there, like Cali does in the video.

Yes, that's what I tried, but it didn't seem to have much effect. I find it kind of hard to grasp what Weight painting actually does. I know by now that it helps animations to work without clipping and allows for BBP and pregnancy belly and that sort of thing. But what the connection is between that, I have no idea. I am also not really able to understand how the painting of the weights actually works in Outfit Studio. Like, what do the different colors mean? How do I know what I am painting is correct?

Ok, i'll try to explain what "weights" means and how it works.

Obviously this is a very "simplistic" explanation, if you want to know i suggest to do a good google research about it.

Your Skyrim Character is made by 2 thing: a Skeleton and a Mesh (or a collection of meshes)

The Mesh is a 3D model of something (like a body, or an armor, or a sword) but it has no animation, it's rigid.

In order to animate a mesh (i.e.: a body that walks) we use the Skeleton.

The skeleton is invisible and it's made by bones, like a human skeleton.

An Animation artist creates an animation on the skeleton (set how each bone move in a specific animation)

Then we "sew" together the Skeleton and the Mesh so that when a skeleton moves a mesh follows his movements.

Now the thing is that you character have only one skeleton, while he can wear all sorts of armors (meshes)

Each meshes is different, so you have to edit every single one of them and "sew" it to the skeleton, so that when you character wears an armor, it can animate.

The process of "sewing" is rather simple:

We load a Skeleton, and we load a mesh and then we chose what part of the mesh each "bone" is connected. (the bone "head" to the head, the bone "belly" to the belly) this procedure is called weighting.

That's what we do when we painting with blue colors in OutfitStudio the armor or the Body, we tell what part of the mesh is connected to the bone.

In OutfitStudio we do that by selecting the mesh that we want to weight, then switching to the "bone" tab and choosing the bone that we want to weight, and then "painting" the mesh.

As a result we tell the mesh that "the part that we painted is connected to the bone" so that when the skeleton moves that bone that part of the mesh moves with it.

The colors (blue/green/yellow/red) are a spectrum that shows how strong the connection is between the bone and the part of the mesh (in other words, the weights of that part of the mesh between 0 and 1)

I hope that this helps you to understand better what you do when you weight something

Thanks a lot Aveck. That does indeed clear a few things up in my head. The only issue is that I still don't exactly know how to properly paint the weighting to fix the issues I am having.

I did learn from tutorial mentioned in http://www.loverslab.com/topic/24246-bodyslide-20-and-outfit-studio-out-now/?p=611302 that I can remove all the parts of the baseshape that are beneath the clothing, so that would fix my issues as well.

Thanks a lot Aveck. That does indeed clear a few things up in my head. The only issue is that I still don't exactly know how to properly paint the weighting to fix the issues I am having.

I did learn from tutorial mentioned in http://www.loverslab.com/topic/24246-bodyslide-20-and-outfit-studio-out-now/?p=611302 that I can remove all the parts of the baseshape that are beneath the clothing, so that would fix my issues as well.

Well, i don't know what your problem is, but if you are experiencing "skin that goes trough the clothes" yes, that's a solution

Nice explanation of weighting, is there a way to remove some weighting , I see painting increases it but I must be too dumb to see how to lessen it. Also, boot and gauntlet resizing, is there an explanation of this?

to remove weighting do ALT+Click when painting weight.

Once the part of the mesh is not colored anymore you will have removed it successfully

Well, i guess that since BS 2 has been released and polished rapidly, there will be a plethora of bodyslide CBBE conversion releases, am i right?i sure am expecting them,since the brush tool is too hard for me, especially when i try to convert a non CBBE version to a CBBe one,how should i prase it,the end results of the brush tool is too chunky!What i look forward to are CBBE Bodyslide TBBP conversions of:

1.Black rose (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/46580/?)

2.Barbarian explorer 2 (http://sevennity.tumblr.com/post/44886089581/barbarianexplorer-mods-tesv-skyrim)

3.Moon Dancer V3 (http://bbs.3dmgame.com/thread-3692061-1-1.html)

4.Alan's BBP Armor pack 2.2 (http://www.loverslab.com/topic/6377-updated-923alans-bbp-armor-pack-22-english-version-by-alan/)

:) !!

I've been dabbling with this for couple of nights now, and although I got nothing useable out of it yet, I still think this is the most amazing thing for Skyrim since ModOrganizer. :heart:

I don't really know what body mod I want to use anymore, but today I've been trying to convert Princess of the Woods and Imperial Investigator to cbbe. However I'm struggling a bit because the trousers end up being really lumpy after I'm done with "fixing" the clipping part. Smoothing brush doesn't really help. :-/ Anyone have any tips on how to avoid that? I have a feeling that either I'm being dense, or that I'm too clumsy to get anything done.

Archived