BodySlide and Outfit Studio - out now!

ousnius

As written in the tutorial, you have to highlight the body shape that came with the outfit.nif file, NOT the reference shape that's all the way at the top. When you load a reference and an outfit, there will be two body shapes inside of the project. You only need one, hence the deletion process. :)

Ouch. Major brain fart there on my part. I have to apologize. :s

So on the next step it says. "Note: It's better to edit the outfit, not the body."

So to avoid more mishaps, do I get it right that I should leave the sliders alone and use the brushes to to shape the outfit as close to the body as possible?

Edit: It seems quite difficult to keep a smooth shape that way, though. So I probably misunderstood.

Has anyone found out how to add textures back to an exported *.obj? For example, let's say I export part of a cuirass and add it back to the gauntlets from the same armor. Is there a way I can save the textures with the *.obj, or can I add them back after saving the gauntlets?

Unfortunately all of the lighting/shader/texture and probably weighting data will get lost when ex-/importing .obj files. The informations that .nif files hold can't be transferred to .obj files and there's nothing we can do against that. :(

So on the next step it says. "Note: It's better to edit the outfit, not the body."

So to avoid more mishaps, do I get it right that I should leave the sliders alone and use the brushes to to shape the outfit as close to the body as possible?

Edit: It seems quite difficult to keep a smooth shape that way, though. So I probably misunderstood.

First, edit the outfit shapes using the brushes to make it fit the base shape of the body.

Then, click the edit button of sliders you want to improve and use the brushes on the outfit shapes again to do so.

Both is theoretically optional, but required for a perfect conversion.

First, edit the outfit shapes using the brushes to make it fit the base shape of the body.

Then, click the edit button of sliders you want to improve and use the brushes on the outfit shapes again to do so.

Both is theoretically optional, but required for a perfect conversion.

My problem so far isn't about getting a perfect conversion, but about getting something remotely decent.

Take a breast cup for example. When using the brushes to shape it down to the body shape, I certainly try to apply care, but I still end up with a deformed and dented looking cup.

Also. I'll admit that I'm really being slow here, but I can't see how clicking the edit button on the sliders for that part is helping with that. But I suppose I'll have to get the first part right for that.

Sorry if this is not the best place to ask but...

By using this amazing tool I got what I wanted, however everyone on Skyrim looks the same! How would I go about to only making my characters use Bodyslide meshes? Do I need a custom race for that? If so, how would I go about doing that?

Mind you I'm using Mod Organizer, so I would prefer to do it through it. (I know it makes things more complicated, but meh)

Sorry if this is not the best place to ask but...

By using this amazing tool I got what I wanted, however everyone on Skyrim looks the same! How would I go about to only making my characters use Bodyslide meshes? Do I need a custom race for that? If so, how would I go about doing that?

Mind you I'm using Mod Organizer, so I would prefer to do it through it. (I know it makes things more complicated, but meh)

Yes, this can only be done with a custom race or one of the player race mods. Search the Nexus.

Is there any way to have outfit studio work with a body that isn't bodyslide based?  Such as http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31349/?

Yes, use BodySlide 2.0 to create a preset that looks as close as possible to this body you're trying to convert stuff to/from.

Build it and use Outfit Studio to create a slider that morphs stuff from CBBE to this preset.

You can then use the "File -> Make Conversion Reference" feature to make a conversion sliderset out of your project, which you can then save and use to morph stuff from/to the shape of the body you linked.

It's a bit more advanced, so I can't explain it right now, sorry. :(

Maybe there will be a tutorial for things like this. With a lot of time on your hands you might end up figuring it out for yourself.

Thank you for all the support frankly, I've not asked a question myself but thanks to your tutorial Anything to Anything and all your answers here, I've figured out how to pretty much any conversion. Are you the guy that made Outfit Studio (This whole thing came as a suprise to me), because it really is a miracle. It takes less than 4min to convert any armor I want to UNPB w/ TBBP, amazing.

Now for the question, I assume it's possible to make your own Template Sliders to fit your own body of choice that's not supported by default ie UNPB 2.4, if so are you going to make a tutorial on that? Saw some post you made earlier about exporting .obj and importing .bsd (the slider if I got that right), but couldn't figure that one out.

EDIT: Well hadn't refreshed in a while, saw the post above. :angel:

This program looks way cool and I'm going to spend some time tweaking with it a little. Dumb question though: Is it possible to convert Oblivion meshes to Skyrim quicker through this?

No, currently not. Oblivion *.nif files will crash the program, they're a bit different.

Hi there, when I try any armor created in 3DMax in OS I get misplaced body and when I test in-game, I get neck/hands/feet seams, any idea?

Try using the "Offset Shape" and "Move Vertices" features of OS.

Shame, I thought I was doing something wrong when I tried to input an Oblivion nif into it and the model that turned up had four breasts. Truly horrifying. Thanks for the headsup cell.

Don't think the 4 breasts issue had something to do with it being an Oblivion *.nif, though. :P

(it was probably the reference body and the body that's in the outfit.nif)

Why are you opening it nifskope?

And do you get the same issue with these attached meshes? I would imagine there is a problem due to the skull nipple rings not correctly attaching to anything... for me anyway.

I'm opening nif's with nifscope because it's a quick way to find out if the .nif is valid. Yes, exactly the same. I even have an an identical .nif.

I don't know if this would be possible or if this is the best place to post suggestions but I guess I can leave this here.

Would it be possible to implement sliders to the "move vertices" and "offset shape" functions so that you can visualize where things are actually moving? Some armors have a lot of pieces you need to move individually and it sometimes becomes really confusing.

I agree that the move and offset vertices functions are pretty crude and unfriendly.  I'll try to improve those a bit in the future.   Meanwhile, it might help to create a temporary slider for a shape you want to move, use the pencil button for the slider to edit it, _then_ use the move vertices function.   You'll be able to scrub the slider and see the mesh move, which might help with aligning shapes.  Once you're happy with the position, use "set base shape" and delete the slider.

Has anyone found out how to add textures back to an exported *.obj? For example, let's say I export part of a cuirass and add it back to the gauntlets from the same armor. Is there a way I can save the textures with the *.obj, or can I add them back after saving the gauntlets?

Sounds like you're trying to combine armor pieces into a single nif file.  Obj files will sort of work, but as cell mentioned, they lose skinning data when you do that.  A better way is to export the armor with all the parts (say, cuirass, bracer, pants, etc).  Then, load your gloves as an outfit.  Finally load the .nif file you previously exported that contains the bracer as a reference (note, the UI is a bit unclear -- you can load a nif as a reference).  In the shape selection choose the bracer.  Once everything loads, duplicate the reference bracer shape, and voila, bracer+glove in one outfit.

While a bit click-heavy, this process can be used to create all kinds of frankenNifs, medlys, or mashups.

Has anybody come across this yet? I was looking forward to converting tthis but when I load it into OS it's all back to front? Anybody know how I could sort this, or is it something I'm only going to be able to do in Blender etc?

EW%21.jpg

Has anybody come across this yet? I was looking forward to converting tthis but when I load it into OS it's all back to front? Anybody know how I could sort this, or is it something I'm only going to be able to do in Blender etc?

EW%21.jpg

Firstly you have to delete the body shape that comes with that outfit, and work with the brushes adjusting it to your reference body.

EW%21.jpg

Firstly you have to delete the body shape that comes with that outfit, and work with the brushes adjusting it to your reference body.

Yeah I've been doing that all day. That's not the issue I'm seeing here though.

This is how it looks in nifskope:

ew2.jpgew3.jpg

Alright. I suppose there's a good chance I'm simply way to unskilled for this, but could anyone point to how to properly use those brushes. I try to be careful but I still end up deforming the outfit while trying to downsize it.

So I go from this

http://img146.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=786276240_edit3_123_4lo.jpg

To this :s

http://img290.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=786280866_edit4_123_106lo.jpg

And Yeah I know how crude it is. But it's quite difficult to me to try to keep the overall shape of the outfit, while shrinking it.

Archived