BodySlide and Outfit Studio - out now!

ousnius

soo... I have an issue. When I convert an armor/clothing everything looks as it's supposed to in BS preview, in game however, it's though the breast slider options have been inverted? where I select 70 for 'breast' and 'breastsmall' in game it looks like they are down to only 30? any thoughts?

Has anybody come across this yet? I was looking forward to converting tthis but when I load it into OS it's all back to front? Anybody know how I could sort this, or is it something I'm only going to be able to do in Blender etc?

No, Outfit Studio can't rotate shapes yet. :(

You might be able to use NifSkope to rotate the shape and then apply the transformation if you're lucky.

I've been unlucky trying to convert this piercing set to bodyslide  :(

See, in Outfit Studio and Bodyslide preview, all good following the steps in the corresponding tutorial which is on the nexus.

But then 'create body' and go ingame, all wrong.

;-;

Try using the "Move Vertices" feature with the CBBE classic offset, combined with the "Offset Shape" feature with the CBBE classic offset and export again. The values for that offset are in the dialog windows.

Guys and girls, may I ask just one question : is it real with this tool to import my custom body model in bodyslide and adapt all bodyslide compatible armors to my body? Or this tool can only work with some bodies which can be created with existing sliders?

It works for everything, even hair meshes. But you will have to create the reference files for yourself for stuff that isn't supported at the moment. :)

Alright. I suppose there's a good chance I'm simply way to unskilled for this, but could anyone point to how to properly use those brushes. I try to be careful but I still end up deforming the outfit while trying to downsize it.

So I go from this

http://img146.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=786276240_edit3_123_4lo.jpg

To this  :s

http://img290.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=786280866_edit4_123_106lo.jpg

And Yeah I know how crude it is. But it's quite difficult to me to try to keep the overall shape of the outfit, while shrinking it.

You can use the "Move Vertices" feature for this. :)

soo... I have an issue. When I convert an armor/clothing everything looks as it's supposed to in BS preview, in game however, it's though the breast slider options have been inverted? where I select 70 for 'breast' and 'breastsmall' in game it looks like they are down to only 30? any thoughts?

Did you use the latest version (v2.0.0.10)? Did you make sure your preset was saved correctly? Maybe you've used something like RaceMenu accidentally to scale down the breasts?

I think the problem is that this mesh is rotated in nifscope or other nif editing tool already. Skyrim "understands" that it should be rotated, but studio don't(yet).

It's actually the other way around. Outfit Studio can read the "virtual rotation", which Skyrim ignores. :)

Alright. I suppose there's a good chance I'm simply way to unskilled for this, but could anyone point to how to properly use those brushes. I try to be careful but I still end up deforming the outfit while trying to downsize it.

So I go from this

http://img146.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=786276240_edit3_123_4lo.jpg

To this :s

http://img290.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=786280866_edit4_123_106lo.jpg

And Yeah I know how crude it is. But it's quite difficult to me to try to keep the overall shape of the outfit, while shrinking it.

Well just my two pennies as I've had my own trials & tribulations with OS.

There is a knack to it and it took me a whole day to really get a handle on it. What I've found very helpful is to get the view in really close for any touch up work where the shape is critical, as the brush's effect seems a lot tamer at that range. Also it may seem obvious but when the camera's positioned nice and tight on an area you tend to find you're not as likely to get in a mess because the little context tool is behaving more accurately. Rather than leave the camera in essentially one wide viewed position, I move it around a lot as though I was walking around the object - sounds silly I know, but it really helps to get lots of angles on things. 

With that in mind, use the parts view toggle so you can see how each layer interacts with another without obstructions, that immediately resolves a lot of headaches because you can see for example, how thick a layer needs to be in order not to be lost when you inflate another, that tends to stop you being unnecessarily heavy handed with the inflate/deflate. I've found the move tool far more useful when other parts are in wireframe view, it helps make placement much more precise. 

Where there are a lot of fiddly awkward detail parts like seams, straps, rivets or whatever, I tend to remove the surrounding layer using the toggle, then I blow these  parts up more than they need to be before I start filling in the surface they're attached to, so they don't get lost and I don't end up spending the next 15 minutes trying to make amends for a fuck up. The I deflate them again when I'm satisfied with the coverage.

For areas like the chest, the butt, anywhere where definition is important, I use the smoothing brush once I've got things in place, just very lightly run over the area with little jabs of the mouse button like you're sandpapering wood kind of thing. Too much and things get bent out of shape or details get lost, but it makes a really big difference to the quality of the finished appearance so make full use of it. 

But all that's really teaching you to suck eggs. I had exactly your problem and the only thing that helped me was a whole day's worth of practice. Now I'm much more competent with the brushes and views than I was. And I'm a duffer at this sort of thing. 

edit: I really need to butt out and let the experts be succinct in answering....yeah, or use the move vertices function lol.

Did you use the latest version (v2.0.0.10)? Did you make sure your preset was saved correctly? Maybe you've used something like RaceMenu accidentally to scale down the breasts?

Yeah, I think it is a mod interfering as the mesh looks fine in nifskope

Caliente are u do any tutorial in UNP -> CBBE? :)

There is one on nexus in the forum tab of the mod. There is "anything to anything" conversion and the first part of the tutorial explains how to do UNP -> CBBE.

But i need video tutorial.. i don't understant everything in english:(

Alright, I had to start over with my conversion of the Vanilla Ebony armor to CBBE, because I had made some mistakes with my first attempt.

One problem I hit was that the breasts of the baseshape that is attached to the armor was clipping through the armor, but soon after noticed that this was because I was using HDT and had put TBBP weighting on the breasts of the armor but not the baseshape of the armor. So going back into OS and and copying the weights over fixed that issue.

After that I still noticed some clipping with the arms in some animations and some other parts. At that point I realized that the only reason I had a need for a basebody underneath the armor was to get the proportions of the armor itself correct and in line with the body, because there is not a single place with the Ebony armor that shows a part of the body. So I deleted the baseshape from the armor, which fixed all those issues.

So now I have a vanilla Ebony armor converted to CBBE TBBP with pregnant belly scaling working perfectly as can be seen in the screenshot here (my apologies that it's a tad dark):

post-214699-0-12855800-1387808591_thumb.png

It's only after all this that I hit myself in the head when I realized that the baseshape was where all the sliders where attached to. So although the armor does work to my satisfaction now, I can't change anything about it anymore in Bodyslide 2 until I add the baseshape back in. I guess I'll just have to see about fixing those small clipping issues with the baseshape added to it.

Either way, I am quite happy this is working now and that I understand a lot better how I can make use of the Outfit Studio.

Is there any way to detach the reference body shape so that the sliders only morph the outfit while keeping the reference body intact? I've been playing around with all the options but it seems the base reference body always morphs together with the outfit.
I think this will make reshaping armor/outfits a lot easier so that we will only need the brushes to fine tune the outfit.

I've been trying to convert the vanilla Royal Vampire armor to Sevenbase with what I can only call poor results.

For some reason the meshes don't show up in Nifskope for me. At all. Weirdly enough the CBBE conversion I did showed up fine in game, minus problems with the cape (the weighting must be screwed up or something and I'm not currently sure how to fix it, it's pinched weirdly or something in a way I can barely describe but probably the more experienced among you have already seen this exact problem).

Then I tried to do the CBBE -> Sevenbase conversion and while it looked fine in Outfit Studio (fantastic even) I ended up with some kind of eldritch horror when I loaded it into the actual game. ;_; Clipping, rubber limbs sticking out in weird places, breasts poking through the top and for some reason tilted half up to her shoulder - I'd post a screenshot but it'd be both NSFW and the body horror already killed both my appetite and my sex drive.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but I'm having way too much trouble figuring out what it might be. :/ 

I've been trying to convert the vanilla Royal Vampire armor to Sevenbase with what I can only call poor results.

For some reason the meshes don't show up in Nifskope for me. At all. Weirdly enough the CBBE conversion I did showed up fine in game, minus problems with the cape (the weighting must be screwed up or something and I'm not currently sure how to fix it, it's pinched weirdly or something in a way I can barely describe but probably the more experienced among you have already seen this exact problem).

Then I tried to do the CBBE -> Sevenbase conversion and while it looked fine in Outfit Studio (fantastic even) I ended up with some kind of eldritch horror when I loaded it into the actual game. ;_; Clipping, rubber limbs sticking out in weird places, breasts poking through the top and for some reason tilted half up to her shoulder - I'd post a screenshot but it'd be both NSFW and the body horror already killed both my appetite and my sex drive.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but I'm having way too much trouble figuring out what it might be. :/ 

About the NifSkope thing - read the FAQ in the mod page description @Nexus.

Did you try following the tutorials that are linked there already?

[snip]

Ahhhh missed that FAQ point sorry. Will correct that on my next attempt. Thanks for being patient with me, I figured it had to be something silly like that. 

Yeah, I was following the anything -> anything tutorial posted the first time and then the anything -> cbbe/cbbe -> anything the second. Like I said, the anything -> cbbe part worked perfectly minus the cape. I'm not sure if I did something I shouldn't have when I tried to go from cbbe -> sevenbase to make it explode (maybe I shouldn't have touched the weight brush) but I'll try it again after my third cup of coffee.

It's a very good tool BTW. I want to be clear on that. :)

I want to do something similar to what Raven9 is asking for, I want to edit the reference body which came attached to the armor ( I mean, change proportions and such) and after that just tune the armor mesh here and there...

Is there a way to resize or convert gloves/gauntlets and boots/shoes from one body to another? Also, I get some weird shadows or dark textures on some conversions, wondering how to cure this or could it be just the fact that the armor is resized? If you look at the first pic on my nexus page, you can see the color deformation on the lower part of the Imperial Light armor. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49068/?

I managed to get my Ebony armor working with Bodyslide 2 sliders again. So that armor is completely working now, except for some clipping in a couple of animations. However, I have no clue how to  fix this. I am guessing I need to do something with the weights, but the few times I have tried to paint weight myself instead of copying it over, I either mess things up or it has no (visible) effect.

So for now, I have left that as it is.

Instead I went ahead and started converting the Barkeeper clothes from Vanilla to CBBE and then copy the BBP and pregnant belly weights on it as I had done with the Ebony armor before. And yes, it's working fine. Except that I have once more clipping issues in animations and this time even worse, although that's probably partly to blame for the custom animation I use. Not sure how it would look with vanilla animations.

Anyway, here's how it looks for me now:

post-214699-0-71925900-1387828578_thumb.png

Could someone explain to me how I can fix this?

would it be possible for you to add screenshots with each steps on your tutorials?

I've been unlucky trying to convert this piercing set to bodyslide  :(

See, in Outfit Studio and Bodyslide preview, all good following the steps in the corresponding tutorial which is on the nexus.

But then 'create body' and go ingame, all wrong.

;-;

Try using the "Move Vertices" feature with the CBBE classic offset, combined with the "Offset Shape" feature with the CBBE classic offset and export again. The values for that offset are in the dialog windows.

But I do that, and looks fine, check:

60nk.jpg

And so it looks in bodyslide, its in game when it looks out of place.

Just setting the offset values and it fits perfectly, but oddly enough, I have to put contrary values to the ones indicated: -2.54431 and 3.28790, I dont know if that is cause of the error but I tried several ways and the final mesh its out of place. Its weird too because even the mesh in shapedata shows the piercings floating, the preview in BS2 shows it good, but bodyslide++.exe shows it as it is...

Now, the mesh in shape data as it is:

zeuk.jpg

The mesh as Bodyslide++ see it:

uq7m.jpg

Now, seen by Bodyslide 2:

2664.jpg

So both OS and BS2 are cheating me >:V

Is there any way to detach the reference body shape so that the sliders only morph the outfit while keeping the reference body intact? I've been playing around with all the options but it seems the base reference body always morphs together with the outfit.
I think this will make reshaping armor/outfits a lot easier so that we will only need the brushes to fine tune the outfit.

I want to do something similar to what Raven9 is asking for, I want to edit the reference body which came attached to the armor ( I mean, change proportions and such) and after that just tune the armor mesh here and there...

Yes, try enabling editing for a slider using the pencil button beneath it. Then use "Slider -> Clear Slider Data". I don't know if that will cause some issues elsewhere, though.

Anyway, here's how it looks for me now:

attachicon.gif BarkeeperClippingExample.png

Could someone explain to me how I can fix this?

Yes, take a look at Caliente's Outfit Studio video on YouTube, it's linked at the Nexus mod page somewhere. Because the outfit you're using is a dress, you will have to paint some weights on there, like Cali does in the video.

And so it looks in bodyslide, its in game when it looks out of place.

So both OS and BS2 are cheating me >:V

That's strange... can you try applying an offset to the NiTriShape in NifSkope? Enter some translation values, right-click the NiTriShape and "Apply" the translation.

Archived