Panic's animation workshop (Animations for Modders) updated 16.01.2015

Same here, it shows no creature animations

fun fact though: for some reason defeat seemed to be working after punching a dog several times

found this in the morenastycritters thread:

"starting a new game with everything set up makes the creature animation list completely blank, re-registering animations doesn't fix it; one must install the framework and start a new game first, then install the nastycritters and re-register the animations for the new ones to appear. Even so the double rieklings one doesn't work, either nothing happens or if it does only the fem animates while the rieklings stay in a T shape as if the animation path is wrong or something"

testing it now, gonna make a clean install of skyrim first anyway

Edit 2:

Yup its working.

Thx to Teruke for the fix.

You actually have to make a new game for it to work?

I updated my SexLab (Which was pretty old), then installed nastycritters and did re-register. The list is still blank.

Well so far, going back to the post you copied from, Ashal mentions SexLab Vanilla Voices, which doesn't add animations but adds voice/fx... I'll look at that and see if i can extrapolate.

That's pretty much what Ashal suggested.

The coding will work almost exactly the same, except you're extending a different script, 

and obviously animations instead of voice arch-type for the script...  and if I remember right there is a property or two to swap.

EC and ZAZ are good examples to look at since they've both been updated already. 

There were a few questions I asked Ashal about it as well over in the development thread that might be useful to you (this was some time ago however).

I'd have done this a long time ago but 1.5+ never seemed to stop updating (changing the registration nitty gritty), and....

Whenever I look at an mcm script my brain tells me to go fornicate vigorously with the contents of the produce drawer in my fridge..

so I only got as far as making buttons that didn't actually do anything, but they were impressive as far as buttons that don't do anything go.

If you are looking to do something with Dayelyte's animations as well then you may need a function sort of like...

; Stage and timer might have been named something else in the newer sslanimationfactory though

function SetStageTimer(int stage, float timer)
	Animation.SetStageTimer(stage, timer)
endFunction

So that the werewolves can have a timer set for a few animation stages.

Idk if it's a good idea to pull info from the factory though or not.

I updated my SexLab (Which was pretty old), then installed nastycritters and did re-register. The list is still blank.

So how do we fix that?

Start a new game?

Have you guys even read what he quoted? If you start a new game with everything installed properly, it won't work, your creature animation list will be blank. For some people this happens, others seem unaffected, friggin Skyrim.

WITHOUT NastyCritters installed start a new game, check to see if SexLab is working properly, if you have the creature animations appear in the list then save the game and exit. Now install NastyCritters and load your save. Re-register the animations and then it should work.

This is NastyCritters -> http://www.loverslab.com/topic/32456-wip-morenastycritters/?p=813289

Edit 2:

Yup its working.

Does Double rieklings work for you? I had no luck with that one.

Have you guys even read what he quoted? If you start a new game with everything installed properly, it won't work, your creature animation list will be blank. For some people this happens, others seem unaffected, friggin Skyrim.

WITHOUT NastyCritters installed start a new game, check to see if SexLab is working properly, if you have the creature animations appear in the list then save the game and exit. Now install NastyCritters and load your save. Re-register the animations and then it should work.

This is NastyCritters -> http://www.loverslab.com/topic/32456-wip-morenastycritters/?p=813289

And you clearly didin't read what i wrote even that you quoted my text. I asked do i ''have to make a new game'' for it to work.

And you clearly didin't read what i wrote even that you quoted my text. I asked do i ''have to make a new game'' for it to work.

ohhh of course I didn't, do you have to make a new game for it to work? umm, no. I said earlier that if you start a new game with everything installed from the get go, it won't work. If you already have sexlab working, then most likely you won't need to start a new game, as you will just slap nastycritters and resume whatever char you were playing...

but earlier you said you upgraded SexLab, and then installed nastycritters and did re register and the list is still blank... okay, you didn't specify, but i'll assume you slapped the new sexlab, nastycritters and then went in game to check stuff out. Don't do that! install sexlab or update it, check in game first if stuff is all nice and good, save, then  install nastycritters, resume the save, re register animations and BAM! it should work! if it doesn't, either you have a very strange mod setup or Skyrim is just being dumb as it always have.

Heres the Horse+Riek+DoubleRiek

Ok guys, got everything implemented.  Its pretty much entirely effortless to install,

This requires sexlab 1.57 (any 1.5x version may work, but no guarantees.)

Plop this in your folder, run FNIS for users, and reset animation registry in McM and youre done

THIS PATCH IS DIFFERENT THAN THE PREVIOUS BECAUSE IM LAZY:

Ive used Dentarr's source script because I had allready implemented it, and would highly reccomend you all download his file FIRST, then install mine ontop of it.  It modifies and adds many other patches, including lurkers using all the giant animations.  You will 99% likely be able to use just my file without his, but it may cause some problems so be warned.

Can be found here

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/32456-wip-morenastycritters/

Install his first then mine after.

Thanks WhiskeyS, I've added your post as a link on the front page :)

Hello Panicforever,

Please could you share animation source file, Blender or 3dSMAX or whatever you are using? Quite lazy here and most importantly time consuming to setup all the stuff and start working on the animation. But really interesting to play with that a little in combination with http://wiki.blender.org/index/php/User:Squashwell.

A werewolf + human combination would be enough.

Also if you get some manuals (step by step) "howto" prepare animating for skyrim, that would be awesome. Or let me know the sites you are using (google sucks these days).

Thanks

Before I start animating I pose the human and creature skeleton in the correct pose, then add HI solvers on the feet to attach the actors to the ground. I make no animation rigs, so everything is keyframe animation. (This also applies to breast bounce and tail motion).

I recommend you to take a look at these tutorials since you are new to animation, it was these I used when i started making animations for skyrim.

(He explains what you need and how to use the different programs)

If you prefer to read, is this a great tutorial: http://www.nexusmods...?id=15238&pUp=1 (they can be a little confusing but explains everything)

When exporting creature animastions follow this tutorial: http://wiki.tesnexus...tions_in_Skyrim

Whenever I look at an mcm script my brain tells me to go fornicate vigorously with the contents of the produce drawer in my fridge..

Hilarious +5

I nearly sprayed my monitor with my drink after reading that :D Still laughing at it . . .

"I make no animation rigs, so everything is keyframe animation. (This also applies to breast bounce and tail motion)."

You can create control rigs if you wish ( allows you to move the bones about without having to directly select the bone itself ) as it makes it a bit easier on the animator since you don't have to work in ( see-through / x-ray / wireframe ) modes while doing the animation thing.  A bit of a pain to set up initially, but worth the extra time if you plan on using that critter for a while.  It can be as simple as linking a spline circle to a bone to more complex setups like scripted finger controllers that curl the finger with a slider.

In related news, while the spring controller exists, I would try to shy folks away from its use for ears, tails, breasts, etc. 

Using it makes it nigh impossible VERY difficult to get a seamless loop as your primary motion is going to stop X frames ahead of the spring based motion.  In order to get the spring motion to loop correctly, you'll end up with a noticeable pause in the main motion.  If you instead want the main motion to loop seamlessly, the spring motion will still be catching up ( remember it's a few frames behind ) and will cause a jump or twitch as the loop resets.  Giant pain in the ass . . . . lol

So how do we fix that?

Start a new game?

Edit 2:

Yup its working.

Does Double rieklings work for you? I had no luck with that one.

So you  need to  start a new game afterall. And great, how do i uninstall NastyCritters?

So you  need to  start a new game afterall. And great, how do i uninstall NastyCritters?

Is that what you picked up after reading all of that? cause in my opinion it's about not installing critters right after sexlab and going in game... or starting a new game with those already in your data folder... it's about having sexlab working, going in game to see if everything's fine, then installing critters and resume the game... most people would have sexlab working already on one of their saves so all they have to do is plop in critters and load their game... (see, no new game required in this case)...

if you want to uninstall critters i suppose you could check every file the mod has and then remove the same files in your data folder, although that would cause a heap of trouble since i'm sure some of those files are also being used by sexlab... so remove em then reapply sexlab, that should do it, have no idea if inactive or modified scripts are gonna mess up your save.. it's always nice to test stuff on saves you don't mind being nuked... other than that if you are using Mod Organizer you'd just have to tick off a box, though the script mayhem may still occur

I know its not very helpful but i installed "more nasty critters" then overitten with file provided here and everything works. I also pasteted animation files manually from Panics animation file before all of this. Reseted registry, importeted setting back and done. All was done into existing saves.

I know its not very helpful but i installed "more nasty critters" then overitten with file provided here and everything works. I also pasteted animation files manually from Panics animation file before all of this. Reseted registry, importeted setting back and done. All was done into existing saves.

at least some people have it good

what i did to fix the animal list that was blank.

-remove everything related to sexlab including sexlab framwork.

-make a new save with no sexlab mods.

-clean the save with the Save game script cleaner by Hadoram

--http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52363/?

-save the game again.

-load the sexlab framework one mod at a time.

-- ie one mod > save. repeat.

-save the more nasty critters for last.

-reset the animations.

-and done

this is how i did it in the middle of my save game.

tip: use console to get to qasmoke room and do the saves there.

Before I start animating I pose the human and creature skeleton in the correct pose, then add HI solvers on the feet to attach the actors to the ground. I make no animation rigs, so everything is keyframe animation. (This also applies to breast bounce and tail motion).

I recommend you to take a look at these tutorials since you are new to animation, it was these I used when i started making animations for skyrim.

(He explains what you need and how to use the different programs)

If you prefer to read, is this a great tutorial: http://www.nexusmods...?id=15238&pUp=1 (they can be a little confusing but explains everything)

When exporting creature animastions follow this tutorial: http://wiki.tesnexus...tions_in_Skyrim

Ah this is great. Thanks a lot.

Do you know also "how to" docs on making Skyrim animation in Blender?

Do all of you guys with problems getting it to work use SL 1.57? Or are there probs with 1.54 or 1.55 too?

I simply cant reproduce that at all. No matter what I do I have the animations available....  :s

same here, it was downloading, installing, reseting the animations ingame, save, load, finish... works.

These animations look about 10 Xs better than the vanilla animations, I have just one request.. Can you please label the HKX files in such a way so as to take out any guess work? I would like for these animations to replace the animations I currently have for beasts, but I can't tell what to rename the files because they all look the same.

These animations look about 10 Xs better than the vanilla animations, I have just one request.. Can you please label the HKX files in such a way so as to take out any guess work? I would like for these animations to replace the animations I currently have for beasts, but I can't tell what to rename the files because they all look the same.

The stock Sexlab animations are so bad that I've taught myself to look at them as place holders.

I have a question. What about the tail for Khajiit \ Argonian I dont have like your animations, the tail has no animation. I missed how to fix it? or will in the future. Excuse my English is not my language

I have a question. What about the tail for Khajiit \ Argonian I dont have like your animations, the tail has no animation. I missed how to fix it? or will in the future. Excuse my English is not my language

On Panic's agenda, once he finishes the reiklings, is to go back and retro-animate all of his scenes to include the tails for Khajiit / Argonian.

The way Ashal labels them can be a bit confusing for those who have never looked at the scripts themselves. 

Typically, the format is something along the lines of:

animationname_A1_S1.hkx  ( Which equates to Actor 1, Scene 1 )

animationname_A2_S1.hkx  ( Which equates to Actor 2, Scene 1 )

Etc. 

Within core SexLab, A1 is always the player character and A2 is always the creature. 

The way Ashal labels them can be a bit confusing for those who have never looked at the scripts themselves. 

Typically, the format is something along the lines of:

animationname_A1_S1.hkx  ( Which equates to Actor 1, Scene 1 )

animationname_A2_S1.hkx  ( Which equates to Actor 2, Scene 1 )

Etc. 

Within core SexLab, A1 is always the player character and A2 is always the creature. 

I meant animation types, like Troll dominate, or Giant holding, stuff like that. The actor names and places are good, thanks for explaining that part. but I can't tell what files are what as far as what the animation its self looks like or what group (sex position) they belong to.