Panic's animation workshop (Animations for Modders) updated 16.01.2015

Might have been easier to just ask Lordescobar to add them xD.

I always wanted to try doing it myself aswell, but never had the patience.

True, its always easyer to get someone else do the work.  :P

But what would I have learned from that? Now I know how his Mod works and got some experience with the CK. For me it was time well spent  

And Nude Creatures .esp dependencies were really a challenge...

In the end I think if someone goes through the troubles of makeing the meshes and textures its not a waste of my time putting it into the game :)

because when i try to trigger them via matchmaker i get only two sets of animation. not one show in the attachment, horse penetration for example.

ps: which page?

edit: ok more detail. I want to add the passive animations for the horse, or replace. which are shown on the first page. how does it work?

because when i try to trigger them via matchmaker i get only two sets of animation. not one show in the attachment, horse penetration for example.

edit: ok more detail. I want to add the passive animations for the horse, or replace. which are shown on the first page. how does it work?

Ok guys, got everything implemented.  I suppose Ill create a different thread, but in the meantime Here it is.   Its pretty much entirely effortless to install, but for w/e reason, simply resetting animation registry was not enough for me and I had to start a new game.  Matchmaker wouldnt recognise the riekling as 'targettable' on my regular save even after resetting registry and then trying to fully clean system, but worked fine on a new game, so shrug. 

This requires sexlab 1.57 (any 1.5x version may work, but no guarantees.)

Plop this in your folder, run FNIS for users, and reset animation registry in McM and youre done (or you may need a new game, I have no idea whats up with that....)

PS: if you have any other CREATURE animations added into sexlab Via "patches" like this one, this will remove them, you cant have both.

PS:Ps: panic, on the front page you said that everything except the riekling is in sexlab allready, but it actually doesnt contain the horse penetration anims, only the foreplay ones.

by the way this is on page 35 and whiskeys is the one that made it. just use mod organizer and should work, but may not work as well :P

Attached Files

I think you have to ask in the Matchmaker tread about the animation issue since I do not know what could be wrong or how to fix it :-/

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/23426-panics-animation-workshop-animations-for-modders-updated-21052014/page-35  WhiskeyS made a patch with the missing animations (Horse penetration and riekling). Regarding replacing animations, this I can not help you with since I dont know how to do it.

Ok guys, got everything implemented.  I suppose Ill create a different thread, but in the meantime Here it is.   Its pretty much entirely effortless to install, but for w/e reason, simply resetting animation registry was not enough for me and I had to start a new game.  Matchmaker wouldnt recognise the riekling as 'targettable' on my regular save even after resetting registry and then trying to fully clean system, but worked fine on a new game, so shrug. 

Plop this in your folder, run FNIS for users, and reset animation registry in McM and youre done (or you may need a new game, I have no idea whats up with that....)

PS: if you have any other CREATURE animations added into sexlab Via "patches" like this one, this will remove them, you cant have both.

PS:Ps: panic, on the front page you said that everything except the riekling is in sexlab allready, but it actually doesnt contain the horse penetration anims, only the foreplay ones.

by the way this is on page 35 and whiskeys is the one that made it. just use mod organizer and should work, but may not work as well :P

Attached Files

I didn't see you had replied to his post, anyway thanks :lol:

i just put the meshes and scripts in the data folder, overwrite when asked.

now i have 3 sets for the horse. all works fine!

install whiskeys files -> run fins for users -> run game and reset animations in mcm sexlab. = works in my old savegame.

many thanks to panic for the great anims and whiskeys for the fix, you are great!

In my recent strolls through various mods in Creation Kit I checked out Netch and as was said a few times, it is useless to animate for its tentacles have too few nodes. 

Now putting another Skeletton in the mesh would render all existing animations non working.

BUT: I saw that Nude Creatures exchanges the meshes of creatures when SL animations start and switches back when they are over. So why not make a Nretch with a suitable skeleton and switch it in just like the nude version of the critters. Thats what Nude Creatures is there for after all?

In my recent strolls through various mods in Creation Kit I checked out Netch and as was said a few times, it is useless to animate for its tentacles have too few nodes. 

Now putting another Skeletton in the mesh would render all existing animations non working.

BUT: I saw that Nude Creatures exchanges the meshes of creatures when SL animations start and switches back when they are over. So why not make a Dretch with a suitable skeleton and switch it in just like the nude version of the critters. Thats what Nude Creatures is there for after all?

That really isn't as easy as it sounds. It's more like a month long project or longer + trial and error (well for me it would be at least a month).

And that's a month of an animator working mesh work, rigging, uvmapping, testing, blah blah before even getting to animating it, which I'm pretty sure both Panic and Dayelyte have expressed a strong dislike for.

As long as folks understand the limitations of the animations that are possible, then they can be done as depicted.  However, most folks see tentacles and instantly want them wrapped around legs, arms, bodies, etc.  I'll play with your concepts a bit and see if they can be done without looking horrific distortion wise.

As long as folks understand the limitations of the animations that are possible, then they can be done as depicted.  However, most folks see tentacles and instantly want them wrapped around legs, arms, bodies, etc.  I'll play with your concepts a bit and see if they can be done without looking horrific distortion wise.

You will likely want a higher poly netch body to play with anyway (I poked them with max a few mins ago).

But with the current skeleton, those concepts are about the only way they will ever get in game.

Even at 4x poly count it's still a little rough moving them (tentacles) around.

To make matters even more entertaining, the front two tentacles have no issues with IK, they move as expected. The rest aren't playing nice with a HI IK setup. Trying to determine why currently.

Suppose I can always mesh or turbo smooth it. But I try not to so I can get some idea of how the ingame asset will deform. Of course the tentacles may play by the tail rules in that the engine helps things along but meh, I'll build a test anim, get it in game and see how it looks.

Rather than wrapping you could use a pair of tentacles one above and one below the body to hold it in place.

What is more critical in my opinion is not having the tentacles doing the penetration(s) moving up and down.

I am shocked at how many animations have the dick or dildo swinging up and down through their partners body so that they clip both above and below the body instead of an in and out motion. Unlike in real life where the male human cock will bend nicely as it moves in and out all the cocks in this game have a fixed position and tend to the larger sizes which makes clipping outside bodies very easy unless you are using one of the fat ass mods where a hugely swinging dick would still be lost.

Rather than wrapping you could use a pair of tentacles one above and one below the body to hold it in place.

What is more critical in my opinion is not having the tentacles doing the penetration(s) moving up and down.

I am shocked at how many animations have the dick or dildo swinging up and down through their partners body so that they clip both above and below the body instead of an in and out motion. Unlike in real life where the male human cock will bend nicely as it moves in and out all the cocks in this game have a fixed position and tend to the larger sizes which makes clipping outside bodies very easy unless you are using one of the fat ass mods where a hugely swinging dick would still be lost.

Trying to visualize what you're referring to here. I think the early animations didn't have the luxury of the SOS equipment, so they pretty much had the one penis mesh that existed at the time to work with. Plus, if you rotate the pelvis bone, any bones attached to it will also rotate requiring counter-keying to compensate.

Now we have SOS, but I don't know if I animate a bend while creating the animation if it will translate into same said bend in game or not. Can experiment with it I guess.

If you can, give me a reference anim I can use to see the up / down motion you refer to.

*edit*

FIgured out my IK problem.  Forgot IK doesn't play nice with skeletal systems that are straight. Need some bend in them at some point so the IK knows how or in what direction to bend. 

Attached Files

I didn't see you had replied to his post, anyway thanks :lol:

np i try to help when I can :P

Trying to visualize what you're referring to here. I think the early animations didn't have the luxury of the SOS equipment, so they pretty much had the one penis mesh that existed at the time to work with. Plus, if you rotate the pelvis bone, any bones attached to it will also rotate requiring counter-keying to compensate.

Now we have SOS, but I don't know if I animate a bend while creating the animation if it will translate into same said bend in game or not. Can experiment with it I guess.

If you can, give me a reference anim I can use to see the up / down motion you refer to.

*edit*

FIgured out my IK problem.  Forgot IK doesn't play nice with skeletal systems that are straight. Need some bend in them at some point so the IK knows how or in what direction to bend. 

By up and down motion I think WF is referring to how some animations don't simply move horizontally, but diagonally as well. An example would be some blowjob animation, I don't remember any specific names. And because it's not just a horizontal movement, it ends up clipping with the nose and chin unless you pull back the other actor. This happens in other orifice penetrations too but you it's easier to cover since you have more room to play with.

By up and down motion I think WF is referring to how some animations don't simply move horizontally, but diagonally as well. An example would be some blowjob animation, I don't remember any specific names. And because it's not just a horizontal movement, it ends up clipping with the nose and chin unless you pull back the other actor. This happens in other orifice penetrations too but you it's easier to cover since you have more room to play with.

You must have missed the edit by Panic where he showed he realized and understood what I meant. Notice how nice and level the body remains vs the tentacles in his Netch animation test. Keeping the penetrating object in line with the orifice being penetrated just makes it a lot easier to adjust so there's no clipping.

Thank you for the support.

oh well, if done correctly from the animators side, you shouldn't need much adjustment when in game.  The exceptions to that rule would be different sized actors / equipment from what was used to align the animation with initially. 

Eg: My body mesh is size X but you're playing with size Y.  Same for SOS equipment.  Penis size X vs penis size Y. 

It's quite possible I missed something in these forums lol.  I'm following too many threads to keep up with these days.  Hell, I didn't even realize Panic DID a netch test.  ( If I had, I wouldn't have done one too :D )

oh well, if done correctly from the animators side, you shouldn't need much adjustment when in game.  The exceptions to that rule would be different sized actors / equipment from what was used to align the animation with initially. 

Eg: My body mesh is size X but you're playing with size Y.  Same for SOS equipment.  Penis size X vs penis size Y. 

It's quite possible I missed something in these forums lol.  I'm following too many threads to keep up with these days.  Hell, I didn't even realize Panic DID a netch test.  ( If I had, I wouldn't have done one too :D )

As it is discussed here, the Netch is a hard beast to work with, so I am going to avoiding them as for now... But here's one wip of the next update, I will try to get this update to be finished early next week (monday tusday?) :)

Early shitty wip: post-267278-0-67155400-1402083531_thumb.gif