So I seen this comment:

Oh, it can kill on Master difficulty.  Either he was essential (which I doubt - I'm sure I've killed him a couple of times), or he had too much health.  In the current version, the base damage is 20x4 sec. = 80pt total.  That's probably not enough for average NPCs.  With the Succubus curse it is 50x4 sec.,  which will kill many.  With Sanguine's favor as well, the damage is 100x4 sec., which should kill most targets below the level 25 Bandit Marauder.

If I would like to modify the Drink Soul base spell damage in CK so it would be possible to use without the Succubus curse and the Sanguine favor on survival difficulty how should I do it? Raise the magnitude? Most of the time the soultrap  effect gets applied but the partner does not die. Is it doing damage at all? I am playing on survival so probably enemies have a lot of heath if there is damage it needs to be cranked up. I would like it to apply the effect and kill the partner. How would that be possible?  What I need to edit in CK?

• 3 weeks later...

apprentice quest won't update.  Had sex with Ainethach, nothing happens, neither success nor failure message. Dunno what to do.  Thank you.

Ok, so days after sexing Ainethach and the other guy and getting no updates.  I'm sitting on a milk machine and suddenly the quest updates and a mark of Dibella drops in my inventory.

• 1 month later...

I had a problem with the SE version: All spells like Drink Magical Essence didn't activate. I casted them and had sex, but no beneficial effect happened. This also blocked script progression for Angrim, obviously ("No, you need to master the spell...").

Seems like there was an interaction with SLSO. I switched 'SexLab always orgasm' on in SLSO MCM. All former effects also took place immediately (also killing Angrim from the distance - oops, I also drank his soul).

Maybe there's a problem with SLSO SE altering the orgasm hook, but I have too little a scripting skill to analyze that. I write this because it might be helpful for others having this issue.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2020 at 4:11 AM, KnalsKrat said:

I had a problem with the SE version: All spells like Drink Magical Essence didn't activate. I casted them and had sex, but no beneficial effect happened. This also blocked script progression for Angrim, obviously ("No, you need to master the spell...").

Seems like there was an interaction with SLSO. I switched 'SexLab always orgasm' on in SLSO MCM. All former effects also took place immediately (also killing Angrim from the distance - oops, I also drank his soul).

Maybe there's a problem with SLSO SE altering the orgasm hook, but I have too little a scripting skill to analyze that. I write this because it might be helpful for others having this issue.

I use the LE version and for the life of me I couldn't figure out why spells didn't trigger, the Mark of Dibella quest didnt progress, or why Angrim kept telling me "later". Only to find out it was SLSO setting you mentioned. Deadly Drain also fired as I was practicing the spells on Angrim (which killed him) so I guess its not just an Angrim thing. Im assuming the changes SLSO makes to the end-orgasm event just doesn't kick anything else into gear. There isn't a community patch for Angrim under the SLSO page or in this thread just yet but its not a big deal when I can just switch the SLSO setting.

18 hours ago, htszu said:

I use the LE version and for the life of me I couldn't figure out why spells didn't trigger, the Mark of Dibella quest didnt progress, or why Angrim kept telling me "later". Only to find out it was SLSO setting you mentioned. Deadly Drain also fired as I was practicing the spells on Angrim (which killed him) so I guess its not just an Angrim thing. Im assuming the changes SLSO makes to the end-orgasm event just doesn't kick anything else into gear. There isn't a community patch for Angrim under the SLSO page or in this thread just yet but its not a big deal when I can just switch the SLSO setting.

This would actually be very easy to fix. The problem is that this mod looks for the sexlab orgasm event, which is never sent without that setting if you have SLSO. The mod really only cares if the animation is ending though, so the only change that needs to be made is anywhere in a script you see RegisterForModEvent("SexlabOrgasm", ...) you replace it with RegisterForModEvent("AnimationEnd",...) I believe nothing else needs to change at all, even the signature of the event (though I could be wrong, it's been awhile).

This doesn't need to be an SLSO patch either, as the file would work for both SLSO and non-SLSO users. It could just be put as an update to the mod

• 3 weeks later...

Hey! Don't wish to be a bother but I'm just having a bit of an issue with the ending sequence. Whenever Angrim summons the dremora, nothing really... happens? No sex scene starts. My character and the dremora just get teleported to the ladder and he just kinda walks back and forth, basically doing nothing. Everything up to that point was going fairly smoothly so I don't get what's going wrong. I even tested out the other endings with the spells equipped and the same thing happens with Angrim.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2020 at 6:49 PM, laterpeaches said:

Hey! Don't wish to be a bother but I'm just having a bit of an issue with the ending sequence. Whenever Angrim summons the dremora, nothing really... happens? No sex scene starts. My character and the dremora just get teleported to the ladder and he just kinda walks back and forth, basically doing nothing. Everything up to that point was going fairly smoothly so I don't get what's going wrong. I even tested out the other endings with the spells equipped and the same thing happens with Angrim.

For me the same problem.

When i tell Angrim i can't focus on anything but sex, he summons the dremora, sex starts, and after that... nothing?

When it talk to angrim with the spell active (ensnare) I have sex with him, and after that, nothing happens.

How are both endings supposed to go?

+1

same issue as the 2 above. by searching this tread i know what supposed to happen (being teleported to Sanguine Realm). I also know how to activate being a Succubus by using the console. But i haven't found an answer about the bug really. Is it a conflict with other mods? Is there a console command to trigger appearing in Sanguine's Realm?. 

Same. It's kinda disappointing. The emissary appears, fucks me four times (the fourth is a threesome with Angrim), and then... nothing. I can talk to Angrim to be sent to Simple Slavery, but isn't something else supposed to happen? That seems... anticlimactic. Pardon the pun.

On 1/25/2019 at 7:33 AM, vixenfinder said:

Okay I'm stuck with the Armbinder. I've read this thread and seen there's a random chance to struggle out of it, but I've done that over 50 times and it hasn't come off. It looks like he's put a unique enchantment on it that bypasses the Devious Devices oppertunity to remove it. So I'm guessing is there a certain condition to have it removed? This feels like a mod breaking feature tbh. 

On 2/28/2019 at 4:42 PM, stobor said:

Then your guess is entirely wrong.  The armbinder is a plain vanilla DD item with no changes whatsoever.  Please don't spread misinformation.

So... I ran into this very same problem, and tried to dig in a bit deeper.   I made the mistake of unlocking my belt with the stolen key and Angrim spotted it -- that's how you end up in the armbinder.  Just so you are aware, I can't struggle out of it no matter how often I try, nor can it be removed with any of the other mechanisms other mods have for removing DD items.   It's stuck on well and good.

I know *just* barely enough about Skyrim modding to be dangerous, but don't know how to fix this particular issue.   I did, however, through some creative searching of this forum, and through some browsing with TES5EDIT, come up with a strong theory as to what the problem is:

First, for reference, I found this small thread which discusses what seems to be the same problem:  

Comment #12 of that topic provides an solid explanation and a link to a replacement ESP for that user:

DD For Him may indeed be the culprit since the Armbinder items contain outdated VMADs, which causes the old scripts and properties to be loaded, which are incompatible with the 4.0+ scripts.

The replacement ESP for DD for Him that is linked in the comment has fixed VMADs.

Curious, I installed DD for Him briefly to run TES5EDIT on both the current 3.0 Reboot release of Devious Devices for Him.esp and the replacement ESP to see what the difference in the VMADs was, and  indeed, the VMADs are very different.   The one in the release uses the script zadRestrainArmbinderScript for the escape mechanism, while the one in the newer ESP uses zadequipscript for the escape mechanism and has a lot more properties some of which have different values.

When I checked the Arngrim's Apprentice ESP, the AngrimArmbinderInventory item is using the same, older, zadRestrainArmbinderScript, and it's property set seems to be similar to the one from DD for Him.  So this probably explains why the armbinder doesn't seem to ever release no matter how much you struggle.

Unfortunately - figuring out the cause of the issue doesn't give me any clue whatsoever on how to fix the issue... but maybe someone else might figure it out?  I really enjoy this mod so far, so I'm putting this out there to see if someone knows what to do next.

• 2 weeks later...

is there a walk-through or perhaps a guide on how would a newcomer 'progress' with this quest-line?

I just started a playthrough and visited Angrim in his basement, he did tell me to visit the Temple of Dibella due to my lack of training?

Sooo.. i stayed in the basement and proceeded to 'learn' carnal magic from Angrim till the part where he sends me on an errand to collect his tome while being strapped with a chastity belt with both plugs firmly within my character, as of now i have only learn 4 'carnal' spells and has not touch the Markarth portion with the sisters of Dibella?

I'm thinking that i should finish the first errand prior leaving for Markarth to start  the Sisters of Dibella arc at behest of Angrim?.. but i'm still really confused if this is the 'right' path?

Did i mess up the questline? i was looking through the pages of this topic, and realize that it can be really finicky?

20 minutes ago, ralchemilla said:

I just started a playthrough and visited Angrim in his basement, he did tell me to visit the Temple of Dibella due to my lack of training?

Visit the Temple of Dibella and do that quest.  You'll want to start practicing with the new power you get.  The spoiler info on the mod description can help.  Don't do the Yngvild quest (reload and retry if you get it) unless you have special abilities that will let you get through it. 

58 minutes ago, ralchemilla said:

is there a walk-through or perhaps a guide on how would a newcomer 'progress' with this quest-line?

Sooo.. i stayed in the basement and proceeded to 'learn' carnal magic from Angrim till the part where he sends me on an errand to collect his tome while being strapped with a chastity belt with both plugs firmly within my character, as of now i have only learn 4 'carnal' spells and has not touch the Markarth portion with the sisters of Dibella?

I'm thinking that i should finish the first errand prior leaving for Markarth to start  the Sisters of Dibella arc at behest of Angrim?.. but i'm still really confused if this is the 'right' path?

Did i mess up the questline? i was looking through the pages of this topic, and realize that it can be really finicky?

There is no sisters arc, he is just telling you to go do the vanilla quest there.

Whether you completed that quest has an impact on the ending of the mod, but does not really change any of the content until right at the ending.

The "learning carnal magic" stuff is really the whole quest, those errands he sends you on are mostly fetch quests to pass time,

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello,

I was doing the sidequests first and got the mark of Dibella before heading to Yngvol to get the Ghost stuff, not realizing that I would be turned into a ghost. The guy died pretty easy and I had to reload three times before he survived.   I thought I'd just learn some ghost powers before progressing the other quest.  Even though I read something about a Ghost Ending, I thought this was after getting more powers from Angrim, but he won't talk to me anymore.

I still have dremora and succubus quests active.  Can I progress those quests and get those powers too, or am I stuck with just this ghost form, the 1hp Dibella buff, and the ghastly cry?

The forced sudden change is semi a problem in town.  A longer delay before shift change would help a lot.  Combining this with Devious Followers and Survival mean when I have the follower rest at an inn my time is up immediately. 

Some issues I've been having

1. Ghost spawns next to me in town, kills a citizen or two, gets slaughtered.  Why is this happening.  There was no explanation for this so I don't know if it is a bug or intended.

2. Doubled effects.  When in corporal form the effect shows 100% disease resistance and 15 point speech debuff.  When in ghost form, the effects are doubled?  So it shows 100% disease resistance twice and 15 point speech debuff twice.  Is this an effective 200% disease resistance or does it flip to 0% disease resistance?  Also, the effect doesn't mention my armor buff, or any other effects that might be taking place.  So I was wondering what else was going on.

3. Are there any other effects of ghost form?  Thank you.

Was doing "Dalliance" quest and my character was not turning into a ghost whatsoever. Then, I figured that was an issue related to SLSO, and enabled temporarily "Sex always orgasm" in SLSO menu. After doing that, the quest worked normally.

Now, to end the "ghost curse" permanently, I'm in a long way to get the Gauldur's amulet, still have no fragments. It will be fun :)

Anyway, a thought about ghost form: while transformed, would be good your character not being able to eat food and drink (why would a ghost have needs other than sex and sleep?)

• 2 weeks later...

Been trying out this mod, and seem to be stuck and can't figure out how to proceed.

I learned 3 spells from Angrim.

I completed the quest errands for angrim.

I ask him "Is there anything more you can teach me, Master?  His response is "Not right now, little one.  But since you're here..."  Then after sex, I ask him to release me and ask him question again, his response this time is "So eager!  No, not right now.  I need to recover my strength."  I tried practicing on other people as well, but got same results.

What do I need to do to advance?

Also,

I have the Dalliance quest.  I recovered an item the "Beer-Soaked Spell Tome" and quest advanced and says "The tome was ruined!  Looks like this was a dead end."

What do I do with the Beer-Soaked Spell Tome?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
On 2/9/2021 at 12:39 AM, Xuvish said:

I have the Dalliance quest.  I recovered an item the "Beer-Soaked Spell Tome" and quest advanced and says "The tome was ruined!  Looks like this was a dead end."

If you use Sexlab Separate Orgasms (SLSO) with its default settings, this quest seems to not advance correctly. To fix this, you should go to SLSO menu before engaging the boss fight and enable the option "Sexlab always orgasm".

Then the quest will proceed normally. After you pick up the soul gem and kill Arondil/Sild, you'll have sex with a dremora then the quest ends.

After that, you'll need to have sex with any NPC for at least every 8 hours to keep yourself in human form, otherwise you'll become a ghost. To end this curse, you need to find a way to use a drain soul spell and have sex with a random NPC. Trouble is that I've had a bug where the NPC turned hostile instead of simply dying after doing this, was level 30 when that happened.

On 2/8/2021 at 8:39 PM, Xuvish said:

Been trying out this mod, and seem to be stuck and can't figure out how to proceed.

I learned 3 spells from Angrim.

I completed the quest errands for angrim.

I ask him "Is there anything more you can teach me, Master?  His response is "Not right now, little one.  But since you're here..."  Then after sex, I ask him to release me and ask him question again, his response this time is "So eager!  No, not right now.  I need to recover my strength."  I tried practicing on other people as well, but got same results.

Also,

Thanks

Also, having sex at the end is counter productive.  When you are belted there is a hidden frustration meter, so having sex with Angrim resets that IIRC.  If you show quest variables for the mod it is easy enough to figure out what it is.